Chapter 6

The future that could never be

Yesung’s p.o.w

 

After another sleepless night it felt like my brain was completely destroyed. I had to burry my head underneath all my four pillows and the covers to almost completely shut out the moans from Jaejoong’s room. I didn’t hear any sound from Yunho’s room though so I really hoped that Taemin could catch some sleep this night. The poor thing looked like he was falling apart when he went to Changmin’s room yesterday.

 

As I headed down the stairs, too early for anyone else (except maybe Changmin and Leeteuk) to be awake I caught movements from the open kitchen door. That’s weird… but maybe it’s just Leeteuk, what do I know?

And how right I was. As I came closer I saw the backside of Leeteuk with his hair pulled up in a ponytail, What. The. Fudge? It looks pretty funny, kekekeke.

Leeteuk quickly spun around with his hands pressed towards his chest and looked really frightened.

“Don’t sneak up on people and giggle behind their backs!” He said completely breathless.

Jupp, I scared him, 10 points to me, kekekeke.

“Aww, you’re so cute,” he suddenly squealed and dragged me in to a bear hug.

Wait WHAT?! Did he just do that? A loud scream suddenly filled the dorm, where did that come from? Well, Leeteuk let go of me the following second so I’m happy.

“What the hell was that?” someone shouted from the upper floor, I recognize his voice from yesterday but don’t know who it is.

Quick footsteps in the staircase made me turn around, it was Umma and Appa together with Donghae and that tall boy with thick eyebrows. So it probably was his voice that shouted from upstairs.

“What did you do to my baby?” Hyukjae asked Leeteuk accusingly and wrapped his arms protectively around me pressing my face to his chest, why did he do that?

“I just hugged him because he was so cute, I couldn’t stop myself from doing so, and he screamed,” Leeteuk answered, was that scream just now mine?

“Ok, that’s it,” Hyukjae said angrily, “you are not allowed to even poke Yesungie ever again!”

Arg, can he stop being so dramatic? Talk about drama queen, I swear that he is glaring at poor Leeteuk now… but I’m happy he has me pressed towards his chest because otherwise they all would see my annoyed facial expression, think I need to collect myself a bit.

“Hyukkie, you don’t have to be so mean to Teukkie-hyung, you know how he gets when someone’s acting cute,” Donghae said casually, guess he didn’t want to be hit by Umma again.

“Yea, but he needs to learn not to do that, what if it is a stranger that’s acting cute? Is it ok for him to just go up to that person and hug it?”

Boy he was angry, that iciness in his voice usually doesn’t appear this frequently… he has really changed a lot since elementary school, these last four years has done so much to all of us. I still wonder how hyung is doing… we all lost contact with him when he went to high school, sigh, I miss him.

“Why are you sighing?” Hangeng asked.

He startled me and Hyukjae loosened his grip around me.

“What do you mean?” I asked, I was confused by this, me sighing? Now they’re hearing things again.

“You sighed, you’re acting weird baby,” Hyukjae murmured as he squeezed me to his chest again.

“Can’t… breath…” I manage to get out as the air ogt pressed out of my lungs.

Umma let go of me for the second time and gave me a sheepish smile, how is he doing that? All my irritation left me just by getting that smile from him. My umma sure is a strange thing. Once again I glanced over at Appa, he was looking straight at me and I looked away as soon as I met his gaze.

“So, what are you doing up this early Yesung?” the eyebrow man asked me, he obviously remembers my name, “usually it’s just Teukkie-hyung who have the willpower to get out of bed two hours earlier than we have to.”

I shrugged my shoulders, not daring to open my mouth to him.

“Well, sometimes he wakes up early. Like yesterday,” Hyukjae explained, thank god for him, because he doesn’t know I usually don’t sleep.

The eyebrow man just nodded, he didn’t look like he believed in Umma at all. Poor Hyukjae, kekekeke.

“Now you’re giggling again, can you stop that?” Hyukjae asked me as he frowned.

“I didn’t giggle!” I protested, when are people going to learn that I don’t perform giggles?

“Yes you did,” Hyukjae looked accusingly at me, I just shrugged.

“What is that paper?” Hangeng asked Leeteuk and pointed at the white sheet with scribbles on it, obviously he wasn’t up for bickering this early.

“Oh, this?” Leeteuk asked and put his hand on the paper, we all nodded, “It’s just some rules I put up for our dorm.”

I stepped a bit closer so that I could read what was written.

 

The dorm rules - By Leeteuk

·         Games are only allowed on the bottom floors game room unless it’s in your own rooms.

·         Everyone will be quiet after 10 PM schooldays. Weekends: unlimited.

·         Changmin are not allowed in the kitchen alone.

·         No dogs! We have a cat.

·         Parties only at Fridays and Saturdays.

·         No improper talk with Yesung and Henry in the room. Feel Mimi’s and Hyukkie’s wrath.

·         If you sleep together, BE QUIET! The walls are NOT soundproof!

·         If you want to sleep in someone else’s room or want someone to sleep in yours inform the DH!

·         NO SMOKING!

·         NO UAL ACTIVITYS OUTSIDE THE BEDROOM!

 

Oh my GOD! Hilarious! I just burst out laughing so hard that I ended up collapsed on the floor with my arms clasped over my stomach from reading four of the rules; the one about Changmin, the one about me and Henry, the not soundproof rooms and the one about ual activity. The other three stepped closer and read it to, oh god, I’m going to die right here from laughter soon! I would pay any price to see that again!

“Teukkie-hyung,” Hangeng said, “you’re killing our baby with those.”

I just lay there and chipped for air that didn’t want to get all the way down in my lungs, if this was the way for me to die then I’m actually happy because I would die laughing. I just couldn’t gather myself enough to take a deep breath but constantly made small sounds that was close to giggling. MY LUNGS ARE HURTING!

“OMO! My baby doesn’t breath!” Hyukjae panicked, “look at his chest, it’s completely still!”

No it’s not, my whole body is shaking from laughter so I’m pretty sure that my chest move to.

There were more sounds from the stairs and soon Changmin and Junsu were kneeling beside me, Junsu because he was my friend and Changmin because Junsu ordered him to it.

“Help me get him up on his feet,” Junsu just said with a plain voice, but I could still hear the fear in it.

How come he didn’t ask why I was on the floor completely out of breath? That was so not like him…

They grabbed my arms and as one they rose up dragging me with them. I don’t know how on earth they kept me on my feet as my body still shook violently from laughter, but they did it.

“Yesungie,” Junsu said with demand in his voice, I looked at him, “now you focus on me. Listen to only me.”

I just kept looking at him while still laughing, tears trickled down my cheeks.

“Close your eyes. Focus,” he said once again before he started to breathe in and out, deep breaths in a slow pace.

I tried my hardest to focus on his deep breaths and soon followed him automatically even though my body still shook from the silent laughter. The air actually went all way down in my aching lungs after a while and that actually felt really good. Now I noticed that Junsu had stopped with the deep breaths so I tried to focus my hearing on his normal speed. Everyone was quiet for a while.

“Oh, look. His not blue anymore,” I heard Donghae’s voice say in a fascinated manner, “I think it actually works…”

“Well, of course it works pabo-Hae-Hyung,” Junho’s voice came from nowhere, when did he come down? “Don’t think that this is the first time this has happened…”

“Yah Hyukkie-hyung!” Junsu shouted all of a sudden, I jerked and my eyes fluttered open. I don’t like screaming people, “How come you didn’t do anything to help Sungie? He could have died!”

“I-i-i-i…” Hyukjae stuttered, wow, I don’t think I’ve heard him stutter before in my life, “I panicked, ok? I didn’t know what to do!”

Junsu just shook his head in disbelieve before he spoke.

“Well, since I saved his life, are we even now?” he sighed quietly and closed his mouth.

“Yes, we’re even,” Hyukjae smiled a bit.

“Ok then,” he smiled back, what is it with these people and just bring out a smile from nowhere? “Mind filling us in on why our sweet magnae, no offense Minnie, you’re just the handsomely cute magnae, almost died from laughter?”

We all pointed at Leeteuk who looked really shocked.

“What?!” he squealed, huh? He always squeals… sigh his hopeless, “I didn’t do anything.”

“You put up those silly rules,” Hyukjae said accusingly.

Junsu finally let go of my still trembling body, yes trembling, not shaking any longer, and went over to the door to read the sheet. And then I was laughing, again, and would have ended up on the floor, again, if Changmin hadn’t held on to me. He had to take a firm grip around my waist since my arms was like gel, no smart to hold on to with other words.

“I have to admit,” Junsu said as he chuckled while reading the rules over again, “I never thought the magnae would get floored and almost killed because of a paper.”

“And I never thought that our pabo dolphin actually would be able to save a life,” Donghae said teasingly.

And with that my crazy day started.

 

***

 

Taemin p.o.w

 

Oh, how nice wasn’t it to sleep again after a couple of sleepless nights. Minho actually told Yunho-hyung “no” when he got requested to sleep in the dorm heads room. I opened my eyes slowly and saw the cute face of a sleeping Minho. Yes, I call him cute, is something wrong with that? He’s like my brother for crying out loud! Stop being so erted! Ah well, might as well get out of bed.

I slowly untangled myself from Minho’s tight embrace and sat up looking at the alarm clock on the bedside table in the process. The written time made me gasp.

“Minho-hyung!” I shook him forcefully, knowing that he is a heavy sleeper, “we’re late!”

Minho’s eyes popped open and he sat straight up in bed with his hair pointing at all directions, he looked so cute I just wanted to pinch his cheeks. Don’t misunderstand me now, I love Changmin, Heechul and Donghae but Minho, after all, is my best friend and we have a somewhat history together since way back before I met my Changmin.

“We have to cook breakfast for ourselves today, the cafeteria closed five minutes ago,” I whined as I changed from my pajama, I really hate cooking the first thing in the morning.

“Why do I have to help?” Minho whined back.

“Because you are way better than me and I don’t think that you want to be without breakfast,” I countered.

Minho gave up and got out of bed to get dressed.

 

When we came down almost all people of our dorm were still here and they looked out of breath.

“Hey! What’s happening here? Did everyone miss breakfast?” I asked shocked.

I spotted Yesung and he had tears running down his face and it looked like he was laughing hard at something, he was looking at me and pointed towards the kitchen door so I dragged Minho with me down the remaining steps and pushed myself through the people. Then I read the paper Leeteuk had put up. I almost fell to the floor from shock! WHAT. THE. HELL! And then I started laughing and steadied myself by grabbing Minho’s arm, he was also laughing but not as much as me.

I spotted Leeteuk also, he was trying to talk to a laughing Yunho-hyung, all I say is; HILARIOUS!

There was also a nice smell coming from the kitchen and I peeked in as I continued laughing. Hangeng and Jaejoong stood by the stove, working together to make breakfast to us crazy people.

 

To sum up this day I can say this; everyone rushed off to lessons after breakfast and had all teachers wondering why the whole dorm was late the same morning, that had never happened before. Yesung got scolded on all our lessons for not being able to concentrate on anything and Onew whined because there was no chicken at lunchtime. This was one hell of a crazy day, and I never want to be the person in care of telling the story ever again if my writer can’t give me a normal day!