Chapter 12

The future that could never be

I didn’t believe what I was seeing, I couldn’t understand what was happening right in front of my eyes. Junsu had Henry pressed up against the wall, right beside our door, and they were making out. Zhou Mi’s baby was freaking making out with the dolphin. A hamster… and a dolphin… making out. Zhou Mi’s baby, with one of umma’s best friends, were making out. Right in front of my eyes. Mimi will kill Junsu. Mimi will kill Junsu, and end up in jail. Mimi will kill Junsu and beg Kyuhyun to help him hide the body. Kyuhyun will end up in jail, for assisting Mimi who killed Junsu and begged Kyuhyun to help him. Henry will end up without parents. All because of a hamster making out with a dolphin.

 

I was panicking. This wasn’t happening. This wasn’t real. Somewhere beside me I heard someone clear a throat, probably appa. Appa always knows what to do. Appa can solve all the problems and no one have to go away.

When Hangeng cleared his throat the second time it snapped me out from my panic mode but I was still shocked. The two making out by the wall, however, was too lost in their own world.

“Yah! Duckbutt!” Hyukjae yelled at Junsu (I had forgotten about him), “do you want to lose your head?”

At umma’s yelling Junsu jumped back from a very flustered hamster, quickly standing in between him and us.

“I-it’s n-not w-what i-it l-looks l-like,” he stuttered, obviously scared that we saw them.

“Oh but I think it is exactly what it looked like, right Hannie?” Umma said as he was looking from Junsu to Hangeng.

“I think it is exactly what it looked like,” Hangeng chuckled, “and you guys should really be careful with where you’re doing things like this. What do you think would have happened if it was Zhou Mi and not us who found you out?”

Junsu looked even more terrified than before at Hangeng’s words and his face paled considerably. Hyukjae just rolled his eyes and went back inside the room because Hangeng started talking to Henry in Chinese, without doubt scolding the poor boy. I didn’t understand much either so I understood why umma saw no reason in standing there, trying to look like he knew what they were talking about, because neither of us did. I just knew a few words in Chinese and that was from my lessons. Hangeng had tried to teach Hyukjae his language but those lessons, as far as I knew from umma’s complaining about them, always turned out one way or another with him getting frustrated or them doing things I don’t even want to know about.

After a little while he came back out of the room, trying to be sneaky as appa busy with scolding Henry in Chinese and Junsu busy with trying to understand what was said. It seemed like he had forgotten I was there so I just shrugged and slunk off back to my room.

 

***

 

I have to say that even if he’s really stupid to think I wouldn’t notice him sneaking out of the room and downstairs, it was kind of cute. I stopped scolding Henry as soon as Hyukjae was out of earshot and left the boys with a last warning before descending the stairs after my wife.

He didn’t even notice me standing in the doorway as he was fully preoccupied with the last carton of strawberry milk that was in the dorm. The smile on his lips and the soft expression in his eyes as he looked at the carton almost made me chuckle, almost.

I watched him tentatively as he pushed the straw down in the carton and the expression of pure bliss on his face as the first drops of the milk landed on his tongue. It was really cute. And even though I threatened him with leaving the dorm for the rest of the day if he drank it, I knew I couldn’t do that to him. I just loved to , to see his exasperated expression when he couldn’t get what he wanted, to see how much he thought about how to get it anyways without me noticing it.

When he looked up and met my steady gaze, his face fell; both in shock and in fear that I would leave him. I just shook my head and went over to him, wrapping my arms around him and hugged him tight. All that, only to reassure him that I wouldn’t be leaving him anytime soon.

 

***

 

“You already knew he had a nightmare, didn’t you?” Heechul asked me, sitting cross-legged on my bed.

“Yeah, I knew,” I confirmed him.

“Then why didn’t you go to him? Why make him wait until I came back?”

“Because he needs more people he can trust.”

 

***

 

Again I let Ddang wander around on my bed. That poor turtle needed to get out and play more often, and I really needed the distraction to stop thinking.

A soft knock on the door pulled at my attention before the door got opened without waiting for a reply.

“You were here after all,” Junsu said, smiling a bit as he came in.

“Of course I am, where would I be if not here?” I asked, tilting my head to the side to look at him, trying to not remember what I saw him doing earlier.

Junsu just shrugged and crossed the room, sitting down on my bed after having localized where Ddang was.

“I need to tell you something… but first, you have to promise you won’t tell anyone,” he said, looking at me with pleading eyes.

I just nodded at him, showing I wouldn’t tell.

“I’m dating Henry,” he blurted.

“What?” I just stared blankly at him, my brain trying to process this information even though I had already seen the evidence of it.

“I’m dating Henry,” he said again.

Stop, just please, stop. What exactly is going on here? Him… dating Henry? Junsu dating my cousin? No ing way… this can’t be.. Henry is a hamster… hamsters don’t date dolphins... right? This is not possible... this is not happening… What is auntie saying about this? Is he even accepting that his baby is dating someone?

“Oy, earth to Yesung~”

I flinched as Junsu waved his hand in front of my eyes.

“What?”

“Is it really that shocking that I have a boyfriend?”

I tilted my head to the side to look at him from another angle, thinking it over. Then I nodded, yes. The fact Junsu got a boyfriend really is shocking.

“I thought you were straight… though I should have been able to figure that out, I did see you in the hallway after all.”

And with that, he just laughed, that unique dolphin laugh of his. I joined in.

 

Later that day we all got together in the living room downstairs. Leeteuk said he had something he had to tell us all.

“Is everyone here?” he asked, standing in the middle of the room and trying to count us all.

I was sat between Changmin and Donghae on one of the couches. How that happened I really didn’t know, but umma didn’t look too happy where he and Hangeng sat on the other side of the room.

“Well then, as all of you know, there are four dorms at this school,” Leeteuk started, “and like all other years we all will gather in one of the dorms during the autumn break that is coming in a few weeks. The headmaster, however, decided that our dorm is the one to be used this year since we have some empty rooms and the biggest living rooms. It will get cramped up, so be prepared for that.”

Okay, I really did not like these news at all. I’ve barely gotten comfortable enough to walk around in this dorm with the people living here, and we will have the whole school in here as well?

“I don’t want to see any of you getting in to a fight, especially you Kangin,” Leeteuk continued, looking directly at one of the more muscular guys, “I know that you don’t get along too well with Eli and Soohyun, but please. I’d rather see you avoid them than confront them this year.”

At that, I saw the muscular guy just nod. All eyes were on Leeteuk though, so I don’t think anyone else noticed it.

“And Siwon, Alexander and Kevin will be here as well. I know you three value God as the highest being on this universe, but don’t go on a Christian tour again. It annoys many men, especially Heechul, who is an atheist.”

At this I had to put a hand over my mouth to muffle my giggling. I got nudged in the ribs from Donghae for this.

“And last, everyone, be nice.” Leeteuk ended, looking around at all of us, “that was all. Dismissed.”

Everyone filed out of the living room after the meeting, I was staying. Changmin tapped the back of my hand discreetly before getting up and leaving, it was his way of telling me I should come to his room later.

Hyukjae plopped down next to me as soon as Donghae left the room together with Heechul.

“So, what do you think of all of this baby?” he asked me, looking at me with concern.

I just looked back at him, not knowing what to say. What did I think of all of this? What should I tell him? That I just want to crawl down in a hole and hide during the whole break? Lie and say I’m okay with it?

“Yesungie?” he called in a soft voice, wanting my attention back, “what’s on your mind?”

“I don’t know, I really don’t know.” I answered him, truthfully, because I had no idea.

“Do you want to be left alone?”

I nodded, trying to ignore the hurt look in his eyes that he tried to hide with a smile. He hugged me before dragging Hangeng with him upstairs. I was left alone on the couch. I didn’t want to go upstairs. Donghae was with Heechul, and they probably were in mine and Heechul’s room since Yoochun didn’t like when they had in his and Donghae’s shared room.

I stood up with a sigh, deciding that I should just get up and see what Changmin wanted, he told me to come to his room after all.

 

I knocked on the door before entering the room, Taemin was lying on Changmin’s bed, but Changmin wasn’t there.

“Oh hay,” Taemin said, sitting up with and smiling at me, “you here to see Min?”

I came in, nodding at him.

“He’ll be right back. He had to go talk to Leeteuk about something. He said you were coming.” He said, running a hand through his shoulder long hair, “I need a haircut.”

“You really do,” I said, smiling at him, “why haven’t you gotten one already?”

Taemin just shrugged, smiling sheepishly at me.

“Anyways… Changmin told me to stay here till you came in case he was still talking to Leeteuk.”

I nodded and sat down on the bed, looking around the room.

“Where’s Key?” I wondered, not having seen him around for a while.

“He’s hiding in Jaejoong’s room. He’s been sick for a while and didn’t want Changmin to get sick as well,” Taemin explained.

“Oh,” was my only reply to that.

After that we just sat there in silence.

 

***

 

“C-chullie..” I half stuttered, half moaned, trying to push the redhead away from my neck, “s-stop..”

“Why do you say that fishy? You obviously like this~” Heechul purred, his tongue trailing my skin.

“W-what if Yesung comes i-in?”

“I don’t care.”

With those words he bit down on my neck and cupped my bulge through my jeans, I couldn’t help but moan and before I knew the word for it, I was undressed and pushed down on my back on the bed. Heechul was hovering above me, his lips at what he saw. I felt how my face flushed, feeling exposed even after spending one and a half year together with him.

His fingers created patterns on my skin, wandering from my waist up to my chest.

“You know how much I love your body,” Heechul murmured and leaned down to kiss my lips.

I kissed him back hungrily and wrapped my arms tightly around his neck, holding him there.

“Bad fishy,” he chuckled against my lips, breaking the kiss and unwrapped my arms again, taking my wrists in one hand and pinned them over my head.

He’s strong for being such a feminine looking guy, I already knew that though.

“H-heechul?” I whimpered, “w-what are you..?”

“Oh shush Hae, you know exactly what I’m doing,” he said with a smirk as he cuffed me to the headboard.

“Yah! Not fair!!” I protested, tugging against the cuffs.

Heechul just chuckled at me, dragging his fingernails down my body, stopping just below my navel, pinching my skin. I whimpered.

“Since when do I play fair Donghae?” he smirked.

Now I knew I would be stuck on this bed for god knows how long.