Vampires

Protected Idol

As my vision and senses fully clear up, the others have all joined me on the ground floor outside, even Ravi who was not able to keep hold of the traitor Seo Hyuk. Ravi picks the sleeping girl off me and carries her up the stairs back into the house. Ken and Hongbin help me up and into the house as my broken legs still are not fully healed, however by the time we get inside I am able to walk on my own again. 

The others all have many questions for us, but they wait until we settle the girl into her bed. She is still unconscious, which is a good thing right now.

As I tuck the sheet around her sleeping form, Ravi is waiting just behind me, and I already know what it is that he wants to point out. I just don't want him to say it, but I know he is going to anyways. 

"Hyung," he begins and I automatically grit my teeth. Ravi places a hand on my shoulder with a firm squeeze, but I am not comforted. "Hyung, do you sense that? Is it possible?"

His questions are the same ones I brushed aside. I don't want to answer them, because I don't want it to be true. My heart is holding onto the hope that it's only temporary. "Whatever that son-of-a- has done to her, it better be temporary or else I will be hunting him down to rip him limb from limb," I say aloud, not caring that my internal monologue was vocalized. I meant every word of it. 

I take one last look at my newly claimed mate, resolving to find a way to undo whatever was done, and then I head out to the living room with Ravi to face the onslaught of questions from the other Vixx members that I know will be waiting. 

As we enter the living room, Hyuk immediately hops up and rushes to Ravi, examining his wounds from the earlier fight. Ravi had taken a few bullets after I jumped off the roof, and they were taken longer than normal to heal. Ravi tells Hyuk that he'll be fine and throws an arm over him as they sit across from the others. I sit next to them, making sure the bedroom is within my line of sight. 

Everyone remains quiet for a few minutes, and I guess it's because they are trying to decide what to say and how to say it. 

Finally N clears his throat before speaking up. "What exactly is going on here," he asks.

Ravi looks over at me, but I am less sure how to answer than him. 

"Who, no I guess I mean, what," N begins and I can't help but wince at his correction. It is what I always feared would happen when the day came that everyone found out about us. The discrimination towards us not being human. "What are you?"

"'What,'" Ravi repeats increduously. "What do you mean 'what' are we? We are Ravi and Leo. We are your friends and your fellow group members. We are not 'what's!" Hyuk tries to calm him down, but Ravi just brushes him. "We have spent so much time together, but now, because you think we are these dangerous things, you don't know anything about us anymore. And that girl in there," he continues as he stands and points towards the bedroom. "She fought to protect you all without knowing anything about you, but you would just brush her aside as well simply because she's not like you."

Hyuk jumps up and tries to calm Ravi down as it is clear his wounds still have not healed and him being upset at the moment was not good for him. 

"No, he's right," I say as I finally decide to speak up.

Ravi spins around and gives me a look of disbelief. "What in the hell are you talking about," he yells questioning me. 

I stand and look across at the others. "He's right, Ravi," I begin. "We are 'what's, but so are they." Everyone is now looking at me with puzzled faces. "We are just different 'what's. They are human, right? Then we are something, too." I look everyone in the eyes once before continuing.

"We are vampires."

A cocktail of expressions result from my sudden and honest reveal. While everyone is still pretty much stunned, I lay everything out and tell them all about Ravi and I from the beginning. Everyone silently listens and hangs on my every word, so I very wisely choose to omit the part about Ravi and I drinking from them or drinking blood at all. I resolve that if they are to ask then I will lie and say I go out to find blood, but much to my relief no one asks any questions. 

"And that girl in there," I lead into the present situation. "She is a vampire, as well, however from what I have learned that agency of hers kept her under lock and key for the most part. She doesn't know much about who she is or what she is. And today, it's obvious they have some other plans for her, but I am going to do anything that I can to stop them."

"Why," Ken pipes up suddenly. I look over at him and he has a genuine puzzled expression. "Why do you need to have anything to do with them? Why can't we just walk away? If they are after her, then why do you want to get involved?"

"Because she's," I begin as I try to think of the best way to explain it to them. I know they won't understand about mates and the bond we now have. 

"She's his girlfriend," Ravi finishes for me suddenly. I look over at him and he's nodding proudly. That works, I think to myself but the term just doesn't seem to do it justice. 

I look back at the others and they are all waiting for me to confirm Ravi's words. "Yes, she's my girlfriend," I confirm. 

Another cocktail array of expressions from everyone wanting to be happy for me but also confused since I had only just met this girl. 

We had been talking for so long, and since I began talking about her, my body is beginning to ache with the need to be closer to her. Without much care for any more questions and answering, I head into the bedroom to check on her. My instinct is again yelling at me that something is wrong, because she should have woken up by now. A simple gun to the head will not knock her out this long. 

As soon as I walk into the room, the scent I pick up is not the pleasant aroma of my mate. I sit on the edge of the bed, and pick up her hand that was cut along her knuckles from the fall. The wounds are still bleeding with no signs of healing themselves. I look up at her sleeping face, and brush a strand of hair away. The bloody and bruised bump from the gun hit is bigger and nastier looking than before. 

"She's not healing," Ravi speaks my next thought aloud. 

"Yes, I know," I grumble at him, not looking away from her face.

I wanted to allow her time to heal on her own, but now that it's confirmed she won't, I decide to move on to the next step. I raise my finger to my lips as I force my fangs out, and cut my pointer finger on the tip of my fang. I bring the cut down over the wounds on her knuckles and put a thin layer of my own blood over her cuts. 

I wait for a minute, but I see little change to her wounds. I squeeze some more blood out of my own cut and reach out to her lips. I squeeze my blood into , hoping it will help to heal her faster. Within seconds, she starts moving, but not how I would expect her to. Her brow scrunches up and she groans slightly as if she's in pain. Her body begins to move and wriggle as if the pain was moving all over it. Panic grips me as I think that I have done something wrong. 

"Ravi," I plead to my friend for help. He's by my side in seconds, helping me to hold her down as she begins to flail uncontrollably.

I call out her name a few times, desperately trying to pull her out of her unconsciousness. Suddenly I have an idea, and without thinking it through much, I try it. I pull her upright and sink my fangs into the spot on her neck where she had been injected.