Explanations

Protected Idol

Then, as if knowing my internal struggle was losing, the elevator doors open behind me. I lean back to inhale the fresh air as it rushes in, and she does not miss that opportunity to push past me and out through the doors to the others and her freedom.

Her partner is trying to give me a cold glare, but I just stare at her back as she walks away. I couldn't stop thinking about how good she smells. 

"Ya," Ravi nudges me questioningly. "What's up?"

I shrug him off. "Nothing," I respond shortly. I am rather irritable at the moment.

We all follow her through the maze of corridors of concrete and doors. Nothing gave away their contents, but the members in front of me are all looking from side-to-side as we passed each door as if to try and figure it out. She finally stops in front of a door with no handle.

"Where are we," N asks. "What's behind that door?"

The girl raises an arm to a camera that's mounted in the corner, and then the lock on the door clicks open. She pushes the door open and we all follow her inside. Behind the doors is a large white room with one long white couch on the far wall. 

"Anj-aseo," she says and motions for us all to go sit on the couch. 

I feel a presence get closer to my back and quickly move forward away from it. Glancing back, I see it was the guy with his hand raised like he was going to try and push me in the direction of the couch. I scoff at him and move quickly to a spot on the far end. Ken, N, and Hongbin don't move so quietly and argue a bit before finally conceding to sit down. Then the girl hands out small binders to each of us.

"What you saw today was a small portion of what it is we do," she begins some kind of explanation. I can't help but just stare at the veins I can see pulsating under her soft skin, and imagine what it would feel like to tear into her. I feel a hard jab in my side and look over to see Ravi giving me a chastising look. Then I realize I was letting out a low humming growl. I purse my lips apologetically and busy myself with the binder in my hands, not that I cared to read any of it. 

"All you have to know is that we were hired to protect you because your names came up on The List. All you have to know about that is it's not a good thing," she says.

'All you have to know.. all you have to know..' Who the hell does she think she is? My mind rages and I slam the binder shut. "What the hell is all this supposed to mean," I yell as I get up from the couch, giving her my toughest stop-ing-with-me look. I toss the binder at the floor in her direction. "You think we will just go where you say, when you say? I've had enough." I stomp over to the door on the opposite side of the room. 

"I wouldn't..." mocks the guy, making me want to punch him in the face. Just watch me.

Just then I realize though that I really can't go anywhere, because there is no handle on this side of the door either. . I spin around and march directly at the girl leader, but she simply stands there glaring up at me. 

"Would you like me to show you what They would do to you," she asks with a grin sliding across her face. 

I scoff and roll my eyes at her. Would you like me to show you what I will do to you?

"Okay. If that's what it'll take," she says and heads for the door. She unlocks it again with her bracelet move and holds it open. She bows to me mockingly and says, "After you." Oh, this girl is ing asking for it.

I glance at Ravi, who's giving me his go-for-it look. Yeah, like I was even going to give up an opportunity like this. It's even better than the elevator. I walk through the door and follow her lead. She leads me down some more endless corridors with all different kinds of doors; some with handles, keypads, locks, or nothing at all. I also made note that I didn't see a single other person walking these halls. Perfect.

She stops in front of a door with a keypad, and turns to face me. "This will be all the answers you need. Are you sure you can handle it?"

Goddamn, I want to show her what I can handle. I step forward and grab the same wrist I had held earlier in the elevator. I made sure to give it a bit more force this time, and she winces. "I'm still waiting," I say with a bit of seductiveness.

She lets out a low growl, and pulls her wrist from my grip. "Wait all you want," she snarls at me. Oh , that was hot. She spins back to the door and punches in a code to unlock it.

Inside is a fairly dark room, but my eyesight has no difficulty. I follow her slowly as I look around. There are rows of yellow-lit glass tubes lining the walls on both sides, like something out of a sci-fi movie about body snatchers. When I step inside the room, I finally can tell that there are bodies in each tube. I step closer and see they are actually human bodies, dead human bodies. I hear no heartbeats. Then the smell screamed of dead bodies, so I wisely hold my breath.

The first few bodies just look like pale dead bodies, but when I walk down the row of tubes I begin to see some with gashes and cuts along their arms or necks. The wounds quickly become increasingly worse to something that resembled an autopsy from hell. The look on the dead body's face spelled out the torment he must have been feeling as he was ripped to shreds while still alive. I accidentally inhale sharply at the horror, and become instantly sick at the scent of death I just whiffed in.

I clasp my hand over my face to try and mask the scent, but it's too late. The girl swiftly is at my side and rushes me out of the room where I collapse and take gulps of the fresher air. After that not-so-fun experience, she leads me back to the room, and I follow her quietly. As amazing as I thought those bodies looked with the amount of blood drained from them and how precisely, I was troubled by what kind of desperate creature would go to such lengths for a mere extra ounce of blood. When we get back into the white room, I simply sit back in my spot and let my mind ponder over it. 

"Okay. Now that that is settled. We have the most unpleasant part to get out of the way."