New Night New Dorm

Protected Idol

The pair of our "protectors" walk back into the room. "Okay, now with the formalities out of the way, it's time to go," the girl says and motions for us to follow her. 

N speaks before anyone can move. "Where are we going exactly," he asks with a certain shake in his voice. 

:To your dorm, of course," she answers. 

She leads us out of the concrete room and through the concrete maze of doors. I walk in the back of everyone with Seo Hyuk behind me still sending the typical daggers in my direction, but he's easy to brush off. Everyone steps into the elevator and I notice her standing by the button panel, so I purposely get on last to stand next to her. I hear her breathing and heart skip a beat when I do so, and I am pleased that I must be affecting her in some way.

Perhaps I was wrong about her though. I start questioning my senses and think of the possibility that she's merely a human. Perhaps this organization of hers did something and she is only part. I mentally shake myself as that makes absolutely no sense. 

The elevator doors open and she heads out first, checking to make sure everything is cleared before letting us all out. She leads us over to the same vehicle we had arrived here in from earlier. The others begin to pile in the back seats, and I stand there examining her closely. I remember her fighting earlier in this very area, and I suddenly remember that she had gotten hurt. Her cheek had been cut when that thing had swiped at her. I tilt my head to try and get a better look at her cheek, but I don't see so much as a red mark. 

She notices me looking at her, and reaches up to touch her cheek. "Waeyo," she asks in a whisper.

I step closer and reach up to drag my thumb down her cheek. I wanted to know for certain that she didn't cover it with make-up or something, because I was positive she had been cut. It felt soft and supple, but not cut at all. "Aniyo," I say as I still contemplate the possibilities. "I thought you were cut earlier, but you look fine now." I hear her heart skip a beat and she inhales sharply, clearly I said something spot on.

She pushes my hand away and chuckles lightly. "No, I'm fine. No cut here," she says in a clearly fake tone. I squint at her as I know she is clearly lying. She motions with he eyes towards the vehicle where everyone else is now sitting inside. 

"Ta," she says, clearly wanting to quickly get rid of me.

I climb in the back with my other members. Ravi is giving me another confused look, but I just ignore him.

She drives us out of the parking garage and towards our dorm. I notice after a little while that we are definitely not headed in the right direction, but I just remain silent hoping the others wouldn't panic. We pull up in front of a house that is definitely not our dorm as we lived in an apartment, but this was a three-floor modern house.

Everyone quietly slides out, as we are pretty used to our company changing things up on us. I look around, but the girl has gone off ahead of us and only her partner is left with us.

"Yeogiyo," N asks pointing up at the building. "This isn't our dorm."

A creepy smile stretches along his face, and I can't help but shiver as there was something about it that didn't look quite right. "It is now," he says with an even creepier tone.

After awhile of waiting out front, Ravi and I listening to the girl running around the house, I hear her address her partner, Seo Hyuk, and I realize they must have ear piece communicators. Then the creep ushers us all up the stairs into the building.

As we all walk in through the front door, glancing arond at the modern and sleek place, I can sense the others aren't as excited about a new place as they normally would be. 

"You can leave your shoes on in here," I hear the girl say and look over at her standing near a kitchen area on the far side. "Feel free to come on in and take a look around." 

"Oh," Ravi says suddenly. He points across the room and I look to see our six luggage carriers lined up on the floor. "What's that doing here?"

"We have taken the luberty of bringing all your belongings here," she answers him. We all walk over and check them but are quick to know that these are definitely ours. "You should find everything in order. Follow me and you can pick out a bedroom." We each grab our suitcases and follow her up the stairs. 

When we reach the second floor, the others begin running through the three available bedrooms chatting away about each one. I simply follow along until I notice Ravi next to me giving me a look. 

"Yes," I say in a mock tone as he's making it very clear he wants to talk to me. 

"Are you gonna spill," he asks giving me a jab to the ribs with his elbow. 

"Spill what," I retort back. I knew what he meant, but I wanted to prolong my having to answer him. 

Ravi lets out an annoyed breath and slaps his hands against his thighs. "Oh, come on, Leo-hyung. You know what I'm talking about." He lowers his voice and leans in closer to me. "That girl," he says as he wags his eyebrows. "I can sense there's someting about her, and I know you have a thing going for her. I'm pretty sure everyone can tell."

I feel my face get hotter as I quickly look around. "I have no idea what you are talking about," I lie, but definitely not well. 

"Oh, hyung," Ravi laughs. "Well, I approve," he says suddenly sticking his thumb up in front of him. "So, go get her."

His encouragement makes me laugh and we quickly make our way to join the others back out in the hall before they notice we are missing.

"Hyuk and Ravi obviously stay together as Hyuk is the only one that can stand Ravi's snoring," N is saying as we join them. Ravi just shrugs as the other members laugh, then I see him give Hyuk a wink as only the three of us know that isn't the reason. "Leo, Ken, Hongbin, and me will do Gai, Bai, Bo to decide," N finishes his command of the room choices. 

The three of them chant while I just throw my hand on the last beat. Ken and I throw out two fingers to indicate our choice of 'scissors' and Hongbin and N throw out fists for 'rock'. Ken quickly grabs my hand indicating that our choices matched so we are paired together. 

We all drag our luggage into our designated rooms and begin to unpack. I hear Seo Hyuk come up the stairs. "They settling in," he asks and then laughs. "So are you upstairs or down?" This question catches my attention and I gracefully slide to the door.

"Down," she answers.

"You're staying here," I ask a little over-excited, but I can't help it. 

"Yes, agents must be with their idols 24/7 so we will both be living here with you," she answers trying to seem uninterested and emphasize the guy being here as well. I don't care for that wet blanket though and my eyes light up at her confirmation. 

Some of the others peek out into the hall as well. "Yes, I will be staying in a room downstairs and Seo Hyuk will be in the room on the third floor, however these rooms are off limits to you all." She eyes me for emphasis which just makes me a little more excited. "There is a bathroom downstairs and a second one here on this floor. The third floor has a practice room and an exercise room that you can utilize whenever you want. Also, there is a kitchen on the first floor that you are welcome to eat and cook what you would like. If there is anything you need or anything missing, just let us know, but your company has given us instructions for these areas that we will enforce." Some of the other members groan loudly. 

"Speaking of which," Seo Hyuk pipes up as he holds up his wrist. The girl looks over seemingly reading something in midair.

"Ah, ok well that's enough for tonight," she says. "N, HongBin, and Ken, you have a schedule first thing tomorrow and it is already 11, so off to bed with you." She pushes herself off the wall and gestures for them to head to bed. They grunt slightly, but say their 'good night's and head to bed.

I remain standing in the doorway and Seo Hyuk takes a step towards me. "You heard her," he says with a stern voice, but it just makes me want to punch him in the face

"Yes, I heard her," I answer, crossing my arms across my chest. "I don't have a schedule tomorrow." I give him a cocky grin, but am a little disappointed when I see her grab his shoulder and pull him back slightly.

"Geumanhaeyo," she says addressing both of us. Seo Hyuk glares at me. She shoves Seo Hyuk a little to break his concentration. He quickly regains his balance and looks over at her. She pushes him towards the staircase to the third floor. "Ga." He gives me one last hard stare, huffs, and proceeds to the third floor.

She gives me a side glare as well before turning to head down to the first floor. I just keep grinning at her and back into my room, turning off the light so Ken can sleep.