Savior

Protected Idol

Ravi, Hyuk, and I remain quiet as she stealthily heads upstairs to investigate the noise she had heard. I'm not worried about her safety, because I know, with her being fed by me, she is stronger now than she has ever been. Plus, I have seen her in action and she looks so y with those guns on her thighs. 

I listen intently to the sounds above us, and am surprised to hear a definite thump. Ravi looks in my direction, and I know he has heard it, too. I nod letting him know that I heard it, but signal him to stay put as I trust she will be able to handle whatever it is, even though my insides flutter nervously in disagreement with my thoughts. 

Just as I hear her head outside and onto the patio on the third floor, the front door flings open and N, Ken, and Hongbin enter rather noisily. The three of us quickly use hand signals to silence them, and they immediately sense something is wrong and quietly join us in the center of the room. 

"What is it," N whispers, but it seems rather noisy with my hearing trying to hyper focus to outside on the third floor. 

Ravi points up and mouths "trouble" to the others. 

"Oh," N breathes and covers his mouth, but removes it right after to speak again. "Is that why Seo Hyuk ran off so suddenly when we pulled up?"

I feel better knowing that her partner is around to support her if needed, but it seems odd that she never mentioned that they were already back. I know she had just had a radio conversation through her ear piece with Seo Hyuk moments before. Something didn't seem right to me, but I tried not to let it show. 

We all stand there in silence, Ravi and I secretly listening to the fight taking place. 

I hear a gunshot followed by a sudden thud and her voice gasping, which causes every hair on my body to stand on end. A split second later, her voice screams in my head and my blood ignites in my veins. She's in trouble and needs me.

I didn't give a damn about future repercussions, my need to protect my mate kicks in, and I cannot be bothered that the others will see. A growl escapes my lips as I immediately change form and rush up to the third floor.

A half second later, I hear another thud, but this time it sounds like a gun hitting flesh and bone. My instinct is screaming that I am right which makes me fly faster. I can sense Ravi is behind me, and I am thankful he is so insightful. 

We burst out onto the patio and see two ugly creatures and another dead with a bullet hole in the center of it's forehead. The two are looking up behind us at the roof, and I know she is up there. Ravi and I quickly attack the two creatures, ripping them apart as they are little match for us, especially me with my blood on fire. 

I turn on my heel, throwing the creatures head over the balcony railing, and snarl at the figure on the rooftop. His back is to me and he is hunched over a body, which I know is hers. I snarl louder and pounce up to the rooftop, Ravi a split second behind me. 

The figure begins to stand, and I can see a syringe in his hand that was placed at her neck filled with a dark red liquid. As he turns, I am infuriated to be looking at the face of her partner, Seo Hyuk. Mentally, I am screaming at myself for not being more aware or concerned, because I know I could have prevented this. I quickly shake myself though as this is not the time for scolding, it's the time for action and saving the day.

"Seo Hyuk," I growl at him. His traitorous face is clear and apparent as he is grinning widely at us. I have to work hard to suppress the urge to rip him limb from limb. 

He holds up the syringe, still poised in his fingertips, and he waves it back and forth as he clicks his tongue. "Tsk tsk tsk, boys," he says mockingly. "It seems you are too late." He lets out an annoying laugh that makes me imagine smashing his face in with my fist. 

"What the hell is that supposed to mean," Ravi asks between his gritted fangs.

Seo Hyuk places a cover over the needle end of the syringe and slides it into a pocket on his pant leg. He lets out another laugh, pretending to hold his side like it hurts him. He looks back at us with one eyebrow cocked. "Shall I demonstrate," he asks with a sly tone. Suddenly he grabs her lifeless body and pulls her up. We both snap into attack positions, but freeze as he holds her like a shield with his hand gripping her neck. "Ah, ah, ah," he warns. 

I glare at him and snarl through my fangs. "Put her down," I order him. I know she can heal fast, but I have no idea what he injected her with or what he was planning. 

He drags her over to the edge of the rooftop. "Oh, don't worry," he says with an amused tone. "I plan on it." He tightens his grip on her neck and holds her straight out over the edge, which Ravi and I both tense up at.

As angry as I am, I keep trying to remind myself that she can heal quickly, so there's nothing he could do to her that I should be worried about. However something kept nagging at me that he already did something to her. 

Just then, I hear our other members running up the stairs, more than likely finally recovering from seeing Ravi and I run off like we had and coming to investigate. They all stumble onto the patio and you hear gasps as they notice the blood covering the patio and the dead creatures, but I can't bother with them right now. 

"You're thinking about how she can heal quickly, aren't you," he says with that mocking tone. "You're thinking a three-story drop should be nothing to her." He lets out another mocking laugh, and I snarl threateningly at him. He was planning something, and I need to stop him... now. 

I take a few steps forward, and he raises a finger at me. "Ah, ah, ah," he repeats warningly as he steps closer to the edge, holding her further over. "I wouldn't if I were you. You know, she's heavier than you think, and I'm only a human. I don't have anywhere near the strength to hold her like this for long." I can see his arm dipping lower as she dangles from the end of it. 

I press my lips together firmly before letting out a huff of breath. "Fine," I growl at him. "What do you want?"

Seo Hyuk suddenly flings his head back and lets out an irritating cackle of laughter. He snaps his head back and looks straight at me. "It's not what I want, but don't worry... we already got it." He looks at the unconscious girl he's holding over the edge of the roof, smiles at her, and then let's go of her neck.

I let out a growl and use all my speed to fly off the roof after her falling figure. I give a firm shove past Seo Hyuk, and see Ravi grab him and toss him down on the roof tiles. I wrap my arms around her and twist just before impacting with the ground, using my body to cushion her fall. The concrete at the bottom is none too pleasant, and the hit knocks my senses out of whack. I shake my head to try and clear it. I can feel her body on top of me, and I blink to try to look at her. I can smell some of her blood, so I know she is cut somewhere.

I also begin to hear yelling and footsteps coming closer. I sit up with a pained grunt as I feel my broken ribs alredy beginning to heal themselves back into place. My senses begin to clear up as well, and I can see her sleeping face in my arms. I half-smile at the sight and run the back of my fingers over her cheek, thankful that she's ok from the fall.