Amusement Park?

Chanyeol One-Shots!

 

Your POV:

 

I sighed as I looked up from my book. I had been studying in the school library for three hours now, and to be honest, I was getting nowhere. How was I supposed to memorize all of these algebraic equations by tomorrow? This was impossible! I groaned and let my head fall onto the table, exhausted from staring at the same page for the last thirty minutes without getting anywhere. Suddenly, I felt something cold touch the back of my neck. I flinched and jerked back only to be met with the wide smile of my best friend and classmate, Park Chanyeol. He was dressed casually in our schools’ uniform, his tie a bit askew, and his shirt un-tucked, with his blazer ed. The only indication that he was a good student was his specs that he wore, when his eyes bothered him.

“Yah! Park Chanyeol! Why did you do that?” I scowled at him as he chuckled and handed me the can of coffee he had just previously pressed to my bare neck. He took a seat beside me and grinned.

“You looked like you needed a drink. You’ve been in here for far too long, you know that? Why can’t we go to an amusement park today?” He gave me a pout and I bit the inside of my cheek. Not only was this idiot my best friend, he has been my crush for the past two and a half years. He was basically a Kingka and I was just his loser best friend who wasn’t good at anything. Well, I was god at one thing. But it didn’t help me much at school or in sports. I could rap pretty well, just like him. Because of this shared talent, we became best friends four years ago.

“I have to study for the algebra test tomorrow. I can’t play with you today. I’m sorry, Channie.” I turned back to my book, to ignore his puppy eyes. As I stared at the page, I could feel his eyes on me. I sighed again and turned to look at him. I was met with his wide puppy eyes and a frown set on his forehead. God knows I wanted to pinch his cheeks so badly and agree to his offer.  “What?”

“You’re mean.” He frowned and I scoffed a bit. Mean? I am not mean to him. “You skipped studying before to go with Kai to the movies!” I couldn’t help but smile at his jealous side. Even though he always gave off a cool vibe to everyone at school, it seemed that with his guy friends and I, he was as playful as a little puppy. I reached out to ruffle his brown hair and chuckled.

“I can’t fail this test, Channie. Please understand, huh?” I pulled out some aegyo, knowing that he could never resist it, and he reluctantly nodded and leaned his arms on the table, resting his chin on them as he closed his eyes. I smiled and turned back to my book. After just a few minutes he spoke.

“_____-ah~” He poked my arm and I sighed. I turned to him and gave him a look. He smiled widely at me and I could see a mischievous glint in his eye. “Come here~” He waved his hand in his direction and I cocked an eyebrow, but obeyed nonetheless. I leaned towards him and waited. “Now can we go to the amusement park?” I frowned at him and shook my head. He pouted again and let out a sigh. He leaned forward and pecked my lips quickly, before turning away shyly. I stayed there for a few seconds, my eyes widening with each second that ticked by. Did he just kiss me? I felt heat rush to my face and I was speechless. He turned to me with reddened cheeks and gave me a shy smile. I didn’t know what to say. I leaned back into my chair and stared at nothing. “_____-ah~” He waved his hand in front of my eyes and I snapped back into reality.

“Why-Why did you k-kiss me?” I blurted out the words and looked at him. His face flushed and he rubbed the back of his neck, a small smile playing on his lips.

“I was trying to ask you out on a date to the amusement park to confess… But you won’t go… So I- I am confessing now. I love you. I always have. Be my girlfriend?” I was speechless once again. He seemed to take my silence badly and he seemed to panic. “If you like someone else that’s okay! I’m happy just being by your side!” I slowly felt a grin pull at my lips and I found myself giggling like an idiot. He looked at me strangely and tilted his head to one side.

“Idiot… You haven’t noticed my feelings for you? I love you, too!” He grinned and pulled me into a hug, causing me to partially fall onto his lap. I giggled and hugged him back. “Forget algebra. Let’s go to Lotte World!” I smiled at him and he grinned triumphantly. He began to toss my things into my bag and slid it onto his shoulder before offering his hand to me.

“Let’s go, girlfriend!” He grinned widely and I blushed before taking his hand. This was the best day of my life. I didn’t know that the next day I would fail my algebra test.