Staring Contest Part 1

Chanyeol One-Shots!

 

YOUR POV
 
I looked up at the smiling dork in front of me and felt my lips curve into a smile mirroring his. Chanyeol is my only friend. We have known each other since we were both infants and had been attached to the hip for as long as I could remember. That’s why he has a key to my house. My parents trusted him immensely and decided to have him take care of me while they were away to a business convention in China. Hence the reason he was standing in front of me right now in the living room of my house. He smiled at me and I could see a playful glint in his eyes. 
 
“Hey, Chanyeol!” I gave him a wave, not wanting to stand up and give him my usual hug as a way of greeting him. He pouted, realizing I was not going to stand up to hug him, and plopped himself onto the couch before lying down so that his head was now resting on my thighs. I felt warmth spread through my body as he did so, and bit my lip to keep from squealing in excitement. Yes I have a crush on my best friend. Who hasn’t had one of those? But, he was more than a best friend to me. He was my brother, my guardian, my sunshine, and my happiness. 
 
“____-ah! Wanna go get some lunch?” I gave him a frown and shook my head. I had just eaten a sandwich about ten minutes ago and was not in the mood to walk somewhere to watch him stuff his face.
 
“I am not hungry. Just help yourself to my fridge.” He pouted again and I poked the side of his cheek with my index finger. “Stop pouting. You’ll get ugly.” I , before turning to the television where one of my new favorite movies was playing. He groaned but did not move. Suddenly he sat up, scaring me. I gave him a glare as he grinned at me. 
 
“Let’s play a game.” I raised a brow at him and he chuckled. “Let’s play the staring game!” I laughed when he said this. Staring game? Were we in elementary school? I shook my head at him and he, yet again, pouted. This boy just loves to pout. It was actually his only power against me. I could never resist his pout, no matter how much I tried to act like it did not affect me. 
 
“Chanyeol… How old are you?” I laughed again and he gave me a frown before turning away from me, his arms crossed over his chest. I chuckled at his adorable pose and then sighed.
 
“Fine…” In a second he was grinning from ear to ear and had turned me so that we were facing each other directly. 
 
“Yay~” He cheered and then in an instant he became serious. He looked at me dead in the eye and gave me a serious look. “Okay, so whomever blinks first is the loser. Whoever it is will have to grant the winner three favors that they can’t refuse. Got it?” I sighed but nodded. I was always terrible at keeping my eyes open without blinking. I cringed thinking of the embarrassing things Chanyeol will make me do. He smiled widely and then fixed himself so that he could sit comfortably across from me. “Okay, now we will both close our eyes and on the count of three, we will start!” I nodded reluctantly and closed my eyes. “Hana…deul…set!” I opened my eyes and was met with his intense stare. His lips were smiling as he stared at me. The way he looked made my heart begin to flutter. I took in his features as if it was the first time seeing them. I don’t know when I first came to like him, but I did. After a few seconds, my eyes began to sting, and my vision became blurry, sooner than I thought, I blinked and he erupted in cheers.
 
“You blinked! I win!” He began laughing like an idiot, slapping his knee and clutching at his stomach. I pouted and crossed my arms. “You have to do me three favors!”
 
“Alright! Hurry up and tell me what to do. Before I change my mind.” I gave him a glare and watched him as he began to ponder with his index finger pressed to his chine. He made an “ah!” sound and snapped his fingers.
 
“Take me to lunch!” I groaned.
 
~To be continued…~