Pain (FULL)

Chanyeol One-Shots!

 

[A/N] So this is an imagine i did for a page i admin on on Facebook. Tell me how it goes~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I bit down on my lip as I took the next blow of his words. "You're not even remotely pretty. Why do you even try?" His cold laughter shook me and I had to squeeze my eyes shut so that the tears would not spill over. How many years had I endured his bullying? Three? Four? I lost count. It wasn't always like this. We were best friends when we were little. We did everything together. Our mothers were childhood friends and they had us play together as we grew up. Somewhere along the line, starting in middle school, he began being cruel. He pushed me away when he made friends with five other boys and soon he just plain ignored me. I took it as him going through a rebellious stage and I shook it all off. When we entered high school, it became a completely different story. He would say snide remarks about me and even tripped me at lunch. How did we get to this? How?

I turned around and began walking away, my chin held high as I imagined a barrier around me that his insults would ricochet off of. But they didn't. Each remark would hit dead center in my heart. Why? Because I loved him. I've loved him since we were little. It is a sad occurrence that our lives turned out this way. We're now enemies. Most of the time I give him quick retorts, today I just didn't feel up to it. And his words stung more than they should have. I hit my chest with my fist, trying my best to dislodge the lump that had become wedged in there since his first insult. 

I decided to skip class and retreated to the girls restroom. We both shared the same first period, and unfortunately, we were seatmates. Maybe if we were on the terms we were on three or four years ago, I wouldn't mind it. But now... That was impossible. I slumped against the far wall and clutched at my chest. This pain was unbearable. I squeezed my eyes shut tightly, trying my best to not let tears fall as I thought more and more to the old days. Why were we like this Chanyeol? Why?

**CHANYEOL POV***

I smirked as my friends left and made my way into the classroom. I was already about to be late, but I could care less. I'd stopped caring about school a long time ago. And it didn't take much to pass the classes either. Most of the time I'd spend the hours staring at her. She was too dense to notice my stares, and it worked out for me. It may seem childish, but I like her and that's why I bully her. If I push her away, she will hate me and find someone better than this loser that I am. I have known for a long time that she likes me. But I won't let her settle for me. I can't let her do that. I am not good enough for her. 

I sauntered to my seat, my attention held on the empty seat. Where was she? She's never late? I just saw her five minutes ago! Internally, I began to panic but I kept my face straight as I plopped into the seat and leaned back with my arms behind my head. Girls began to squeal my name and I have them a smirk. Inside I was cringing and I wanted so much to run out of this room. Soon class started and Mr. Choi took role. No _____. I became worried as the minutes ticked by and still my seat mate was not there. I tapped my fingers impatiently and bore a hole through the door, waiting for her to burst through,cheeks red and her hair a mess from running to get to class. But my wish wasn't answered as the class bell rang, signaling the end of the class. I launched from my seat and flew out of the room, worry overtaking my entire being as I began to scope out each and every hallway and courtyard. She was no where in sight. I panicked and ran to the roof, knowing that was one place where she ran to when she needed to let her tears out. She never knew that after spitting insult after insult at her, I'd follow her to make sure she was okay. I became short of breath as I ran up the never ending flights of stairs and burst the door open to find emptiness. 

"Where are you!?" I groaned and thought as I heard the last bell for second period ring below me. I pulled at my hair and let out a growl before running back down the stairs to do the unthinkable. I would have to check every single girls bathroom in the school. 

***YOUR POV***

I hid in a stall when other students came in, hoping that a class officer would not see me cowering in shame. When I thought it was safe to come out I walked to the mirrors and stared at my pathetic reflection. My eyes were swollen and red, my cheeks tear-stained, and my uniform messy. This is what you have come to? I let out a choke that was supposed to be a laugh and hung my head. Maybe what he's saying is true... Maybe I am ugly...

A loud slam jolted me from my thoughts and I squealed as I jumped in fright. I turned to the doorway to see a panting Chanyeol in the doorway, eyeing me as though he wanted to kill me. My body began to shake and whimpers were all that escapes my trembling lips. He took steps towards me, reaching me in just four strides of his long legs. I moved back, only to hit the edge of the sinks and causing a sharp pain to shoot up my back. I winced and a cry escaped my lips. Suddenly his eyes changed and he reached forward, as if it was instinct, and he gripped my arms gently and looked me from head to toe. 

"Are you okay? You're not hurt?" As he spoke instead of the cold Chanyeol I was now used to, I saw the kind and gentle Chanyeol from our past. I was speechless as his eyes held my stare, and pleaded with me to answer his questions. "____-ah! Answer me!" His voice became desperate and he began to slightly shake me, causing me to shake from my silence. 

"I-I am f-fine, Ch-Chanyeol-ah. How d-did you f-find me?" I was still in shock as I stuttered out the words, his warm breath making me feel light headed. His body was within a few centimeters from mine and I could practically feel his heart beating against my own franticly beating heart. 

"I... I looked everywhere... Why are you here? Why weren't you in class?" He was speaking so quickly, it was hard for me to follow. After a few seconds of us just staring at each other he did something I had never expected. He pulled me into a tight embrace and pressed his nose into my hair. My body was rigid as I felt his body come in contact with mine. I could feel his heart beating at my cheek, and his breath dancing just above my neck. "Don't ever make me worry like that again. I mean it." I was taken aback at his words and felt a bit of anger flicker inside of me as his words sank in. Worried? After all the terrible things he has said and done to me?

 I pushed him away and wiped the angry tears threatening to fall. 

"Worry you? Are you r-really that cr-cruel? You're the one that hurt me to begin with! If you weren't so mean I-I wouldn't be this way!" I felt all of my emotions flood out as he stood there, flinching at my sharp words. As my tears blurred my vision I had to bite my lip to hold back a sob. 

"I only do that... Because I know you like me... And I'm no good for you." His words were so low I could barely hear then. I scoffed and turned around to stare at my own reflection once again. 

"Don't lie. You're a terrible liar Park Chanyeol." I closed my eyes and took a deep breath to calm myself. In a second, I felt his arms surround me and he pulled me to him again. 

"I love you. I'm not lying to you. I would not lie about something like this." His words caught me off guard. Loved me? Ridiculous. I felt his lips touch my neck and warmth spread through me despite the fact that I should fear his cold mouth. "Forgive me."

I stayed silent for a long time. He waited patiently and stared at my eyes through the mirror. I shook my head and pushed him away. "I can't. I won't ever forgive you. But I will give you a chance to gain my trust again." His eyes brightened and a grin appeared on his face. His lips met mine before I even realized it and I gave in. I already forgive you. Just let me make you work for it.