Confession

Missing You From A Distance

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He finally arrived at the Han River. It was dark, and only the moon shined. He looked around and found no figure around him.


 

“I guess I’m too late.” he said feeling down. When a pair of two hands covered his eyes. He turned around and smiled.


 

“Shinhye ya!” he yelled in surprised.

 

“Shhh, people might hear you.” she said.


 

Yonghwa then hugged her tightly.


 

“Moya, did something happen along your way here.” she said to him, also hugging him back.

 

“Anyia, I’m just REALLY happy that you didn’t go home yet. Also, I’m glad to finally see you.” he released his hug and look at her.

 

“What’s with your stare?” she told him feeling butterflies in her stomach.


 

He smirked at her.


 

“Yah, are you going to start talking, if not then I’m leaving.” she turned around, but he held her hand.

 

“Araso, so sit down, gosh you're so impatient.” he told her while smiling.


 

They then sat down on the bench behind them, under the tree.


 

“So…” she said while looking at his face.

 

“SO….the reason behind the phone call, you’re probably wanting to asked.” he asked her.

 

“If not then what's the reason for us to meet up then.” she said, also curious.

 

“Wait here, I’ll be back with something.” he told her and walked away.

 

“Araso.” she said.


 

He then came back, with his guitar and the sheet.


 

“Here, read it while I sing, also just so you know you’re also singing along with me. So the lyrics that are highlighted, is your part, and the underline is us singing together. OKAY?” he gave the lyrics sheet to her to read.

 

“What’s this, you're new song? And also why do I have to sing with you. Am I going to feature in your album! ” she took the paper, and said excitedly.

 

“Just a song, for someone, you’ll know who when I sing it.” he got in his position, and smiled at the thought of having her feature in one of his albums .


 

She just look at him, very suspicious of his action. He then started strumming his guitar, and looked at her eyes. They’re both now staring into each others eyes. Yonghwa stared at Shinhye lovingly then started singing first.


 

You and I calling each other friends is awkward

It’s better to use the word, lovers

Oh, I will confess my heart for the first time

I will bring the stars in the sky for you, whatever you want,

Oh I can do it for you


 

At first, Shinhye was enjoying the song until, he gave her a look, that was filled with love and longing. It took a couple of minutes for her to figure out what was really happening. She then looked at sheet and it finally got to her, was this song for her. It was now her turn to sing. When she sang her highlighted part, she took a couple glances at Yonghwa and then back at the sheet. They are both now singing together, almost ending the song.

Baby want your love, Baby want your love

Love you love you I’ll take you into my mind

Baby want your love, Baby want your love

Love you love you I’ll take you into my mind’



 

They ended the song with harmony. It was silence for a while, until Yonghwa broke the ice.



 

“So as you can see, I wrote this song for you. I…...like you Shinhye, more than just friends. Maybe even to the point of ‘like’ turning into ‘love’. You wanted to know the reason why I called that one day and for you to meet me here right, well its because…..I wanted to talk to you, every single day.” he finally said everything that he wanted to say to her. There’s no turning back.



 

He just looked at her blank face staring right back at him.



 

***



 

She frozen on her seat.


 

“Did I just hear it wrong? Did he just say that he likes me, no, loves me? What should I say to him? I mean everything was so sudden, but I just can’t help it. The song he wrote was for me, and we both sang it together. Am I dreaming because if I am, then I don’t ever want to wake up.” she thought while staring at him.



 

He then woke her up, by shaking her shoulders with both of his hands.



 

“Yah, say something, don’t just make me wait here, after all of my hard work. Did you know how long it took for me to blurted out all those words that I just said.” he said nervously because by her reaction, it doesn’t look good.

 

“Oh.” that was the only thing that she know how to say for now.


 

She was still shocked at his confession but, knew just what to say to him in return.


 

“Do you want to know my answer right now in return?” she shyly asked.

 

“Deh.” he said, but thought about it again and shook his head. “No, you don’t have to force yourself to decided now, I don’t want to put pressure on you. So you can tell me later, even if it’ll take years for you to reply, I’ll wait for you.”



 

She smiled at his honesty, and how cute he looked right now.



 

“Well, too bad, you’re not getting what you want.” she told him which made Yonghwa took it the wrong the way.

 

“Moya, what’s with your expression, are you having second thoughts that you wish you didn’t confess to me.” she said, and he faced towards her. She placed her palms on his face, covering his cheeks.

 

“What I mean, is that you’re not getting what you want by, making me decided it later because I have already decided.” she told him sweetly.

 

“So, you’re saying yes.” he asked happily.

 

“Deh, my Bolmae Jung.” she answered him.


 

He quickly gave her a warm and tight hug.


 

“Thank you, for accepting my love, also I thought I won’t be hearing Bolmae Jung from you any more.” he told her when he faced her.

 

“To me you’re always going to be my Bolmae Jung, no one can ever replace you.” she assured him.

 

“I like that.” he , which earn him a smack on his arm.


 

***


 

They stayed, for a little more minutes, while leaning against each other holding hands.



 

“Why didn’t you tell you wrote a song for me.” he said to her softly.


 

Shinhye stiffened because how did he knew that she wrote a song about him, and was kind of embarrassed.


 

“What song, I don’t know what you’re talking about?” she denied and looked the other way.

 

“Oh really, you didn’t write any song about me.” he smiled and leaned forward to face her. She turned her head more looking away, because she’s blushing right now. He smirked and said.

 

“Then I think Hongki must have misunderstood then. Since you called him, the song must of been about him then.” he pretended to be mad at her.

 

“B..bwo, what are you talking about! Just because I called Hongki doesn’t mean that the song was about him.” she tried to convince him. Yonghwa took his hand off of her’s.

 

“If it wasn’t Hongki then it must of been Geunsuk then, since you both were very close during You’re Beautiful and maybe until now. Always flirting with each other.” he jealously said. He was suppose to be pretending but bringing up Geunsuk, just boiled him.

 

“Are you perhaps, jealous?” she then laughed hard.

 

“Yah, is it the right time for you to laugh right now.” he turned to look at her laugh. She then hold her laughter.

 

“But why did you bring up Geunsuk oppa.” she asked. He got irritated with her calling him oppa.

 

“With you calling him oppa, why wouldn’t I.” he angrily said.

 

“Are we seriously, going to argue, about stupid things. Geunsuk is only a older brother to me thats why I call him oppa, so don’t be jealous. In order for you to be convince, do you want me to tell you one of my secret that you never knew.” she told him. Which made him very curious.