Weight Watchers

A Look Into Their World

Eunjung controlled her breathing. Matching her pace up to the beat of Wonder Boys 'Tarzan'. Her eyes fully focused on her goal.

On having him look at her and compliment her like he did with Fei .

It started almost two months ago.

She was joining him for lunch with some friends. It was meant to be a pleasent group outting but it ended with her feeling like she was silently rejected by him.

--------

"Eunjung, ahh!" Fei said raising a pair of chopsticks with kimichi towards her. Happily Eunjung complied. She and the rest of T-ARA made a pact to all each other to skip their diet for one day and eat til their hearts content. Eunjung sighed happily at the taste of the ferminted dish. She thanked the older female and went back to eating bulgogi. Feeling eyes on her she looked up to see Taecyeon simply staring at her. "Go on." He said, then imitated her eating speed in a comical manner. "We all can't be beast-dols." Eunjung joked, wrapping another peice of bulgogi into lettuce.

"But only one can be a pig-dol." Gayun, a JYP trainee joked, taking a delicate sip of her soju after doing so. The group went silent for a beat after her saying that. No one knew if they should scold her properly or laugh at the joke to try to ease the mood.

Eunjung felt disgusted as she remembered how she felt that day. 'I should have stood up for myself.' She told herself. But no, instead she took the wrap she just made and simple ate it. Then joked that the others should eat up before she ate the whole table settings. This lightened the groups mood but made her notice now how much more she was eatting compared to the other females there. 'I should have noticed how much I ate.' She pouted. "It is understandable but you still need to worry about your comeback." Wooyoung said, patting her lightly on the back, understandingly. "Wooyoung!" Eunjung said affectionalty, happy to know he understood her shift in mood. She glanced around to see if Taecyeon noticed as well when she saw he was gone. So was Gayun.

"Excuse me a moment." Eunjung said to the group, walking from the table. She hoped he wasn't scolding the trainee. Eunjung didn't want any bad blood between them and would prefer to talk with her privatelty. "But I didn't say anything wrong." Gayun's voice carried over to her. "They are around here." Eunjung muttered and followed the voices to the hallway near the bathrooms. "You were rude for saying that. Espically to your sunbae. You really hurt her." Taecyeon's voice, which she could tell was rough, meaning he was scolding the girl. Eunjung was ready to jump out and defend the trainee from the scolded. But her next sentence made her freeze. "Oppa, come on. She gained so much weight. Now she is the biggest member of T-ARA and she is still feeling the need to eat more? If anything I am helping her" Gayun said, as if this reasoned out her outburst.

Eunjung squeezed her forearm. Now feeling embarassed at how much softer it was compared to a year ago. She knew she over ate to handle her emotions during the Hwayoung scandal. But she didn't think she gained so much weight that people started to talk. 'Is it really that bad?' She wondered. "Wouldn't it be better if she atleast had a figure like Fei-unni? At least then it wouldn't lool embarassing if she ate like a pig. " Gayun stated. "Leave Eunjung alone. This is my only warning understand." He answered. 'He sounds like he is speaking through his teeth.' Eunjung noted. Eunjung heard her footsteps coming so she quickly hid behind one of the restraunt's table. "It's not my fault she is embarassing. I know you agree with me there. Right Oppa. Oppa?" Gayun's voice was the last one she heard, unable to catch Taecyeon's reply.

She stayed there until she saw both of them past by to go back to their table. Eunjung didn't know what to do. "Junnie, you're an actress. Just act like you didn't hear it." She said then made a silent chant to get into character. 'Fighting.' She cheered and confidently stood up. Ready to rejoin the others. She walked back to their table, amazing and pleased to see more food had be ordered while she was gone. Twenty minutes when by and the mood was good. Everyone was joking with each other again and talking about comeback plans. "The worst part is the stage outfits. This time I am happy Hyomin has a huge hand in the outfits. I can relax this cycle and not have to worry since she runs most oufit ideas by us." Eunjung said, happy that N4's outfits were not going to be as tight and formfitting as y Love's main outfit.

"But you shouldn't be so relaxed unni. A diet wouldn't hurt." Gayun said, using her chopsticks to point at Eunjung eating her rice with stir-fry. Eunjung nodded, not letting the younger girl's words get to her. Taecyeon just silently glared at the younger female, he would have to ask Fei not to invite her out with them again. "Fei unni though, she looks cute just as she is. You can show her off without being ashamed. Right oppa?" Gayun said to Taecyeon. The male glanced between the two females and just shurgged. "Fei does look cute." He said, giving the older female a shy smile, embarassed at calling his sister-like friend 'cute'. He turned to Eunjung and gave her a greasy wink, "Eunjung as well."

'Did he add me in also out of pity? Does he think I am embarassing?' She wondered, looking too deeply into his actions thanks to her listening in earlier. Now, Eunjung felt out of place. Like a rock was stuck in the pit of her stomach. 'I want to leave.' She told herself. Waiting thirty minutes before excusing herself to leave. On the way back home she couldn't get Gayun's words out of her head. "No more." Eunjung said clinching her fists. Taecyeon's shy smile flashed though her mind. "I want you to smile at me like that, without it being a joke." She whispered and set up a new goal for herself.

------

That was then.

Now was 4kg smaller, but still felt like she was bigger than her old self. "Maybe I should skip today's meal?" She muttered as she glanced at her form through the locker room's mirror. To lose the needed weight she had to go on a diet that would have made KKS proud. She meals for the day were a bottle of water, to control water weight and a handful of various vegitables. On days with more running she allow herself half an apple. She avoided group outtings at all costs and didn't join her groupmates for dinner. But she wasn't losing weight as quickly as she wanted to.

Eunjung was determinded though to go back to her old size. After pitching her thighs and sighing in defeat she decided it was time to go back into the gym. She only came into the locker room because she forgot her water anyway. Leaving the room she was surprised she bumped into Taecyeon. "Hello former friend." He said jokingly, making fun of how they haven't seen each other outside the gym in so long. Eunjung smiled brightly, hoping that his next words would be along the lines of 'You lost weight' or 'You are looking cuter than usual'. But they weren't. He didn't add anything so Eunjung gave her greeting as well. "Since when were you a workout person?" Taecyeon asked, remember all the times she turned down his workout invitation. Eunjung smirked, feeling this was now the chance to show off her new body. "I needed to lose my excess weight. Don't I look better now than before?" She asked cutely, giving a small spin.

Because of her pour diet the easy spin made her dizzy. If Taecyeon didn't catch her in time she would have fallen on her back. "Come here." He said and guided her back into the locker room. Hoping, praying, that there were no females inside it. Luckily there wasn't, so he sat her on the bench, taking her empty water bottle from her and refilling it in one of the locker room's sinks. "Drink." He ordered, watching paitently as she drunk all the water. "What type of extreme diet are you on that turned you anemic?" He asked brows frowed as he waited for an answer. Eunjung weakly shrugged, "Nothing speical really. Just a low water and food diet." She muttered, not being able to raise her eyes to look at him.

"Yah, is your CEO nuts? That is his craziest diet for you yet." He said shaking his head and muttering a curse word in English. "Is is trying to make you sick? Should I---" Eunjung silenced him midrant. "I willingly put myself on this diet. He has no idea about it." She said, then wanted to bury herself in a hole when Taecyeon now held a look of disappointment at her. "Why?" He asked, hoping that there was a good reason for risking her health. "A guy." She whispered, not having the corauge to say she wanted him to call her cute and say she had a nice body like he did with Fei.

"If you have to change yourself for a guy it's not worth it." He said after a long pause. He had to collect himself, trying not to scold a weakened female. "Your body looks amazing so don't let anyone tell you otherwise." He finished, blushing a bit at the beginning part. Eunjung blinked rapapidly, as if clearing her vision also cleared her mind. "What did you just say?" She asked, smiling at him. 'Did she actually hear him say she had a nice body?' Taecyeon groaned and cleared his thoart. "Anyway, it isn't like your body matters. The one you like has like your heart, having an amazing body is a bonus." He said, now feeling awkward as he was talking about matters of the heart in the woman's locker room.

Eunjung saw him start to stand and frantically reached for his arm before he was fully out of reach. "Wha-what about me?" She stammered, blush starting to touch her cheeks. "How would a guy, like you, think of dating me?" She dropped her hands as he glanced her over. Shyly she fixed her hair as if this might have some sort of effect on his opinion. "Well if I had you as a girlfriend. There would be no unneeded dieting and also." He said, leaning towards her ear, "I would never let a cute girl like you think she needed one. I would show you my love for your body." He added in a huskier tone. Eunjung felt her heart rate speed up as she felted heated by his words.

"Want to skip your second workout and join me for lunch?" He asked with a dimpled smile. Eunjung nodded quickly and watched as he bumped into a lady who was entering the room. He gave her a poilte, but still filled with embarassment, apology and told Eunjung he would be waiting outside. Eunjung fanned her face, trying to cool off the burning effect from the embarassment of all that happened. The older female looked at her and nodded, "That is some guy you got there. Not many would give that kind of line in a public area. Espically one where males shouldn't be." She laughed as Eunjung quickly changed.