Someone who cares

Fanwar

[Woohyun POV]

 

I didn’t know what had happened. All I could remember was that I stayed at the studio after everybody else had left for some extra practice. After that, everything was mere black.

I felt dizzy and I couldn’t open my eyes no matter how hard I tried. I tried to move but my limbs were numb and my throat was too weak to call for help. All of my senses betrayed me but I didn’t care. I was too tired, too weak to worry.

I knew the life I was living wasn’t the healthiest, so I was kind of expecting when my body would give up. It was nothing new, I always worked until complete exhaustion. I had already collapsed a few times and made Hoya or Sungjong bring me home but I had never fainted before. My body could bear the lack of sleep, I was used to the one or two hours sleeping. I didn’t need as much as food or drink like I should, I was okay even if I got only a glass of water a day. Normally, I would say that fainting was a mere consequence but I knew I could blame it on my mental state. Being both physically and mentally weak was too much even for me.

That was another thing why I could blame Sunggyu. If he didn’t piss me off, if he just disappeared from my life, this wouldn’t happen. In the past few days I was thinking too much about him and Sungjong’s annoying nagging just made it worse. Not to mention, not even Hoya or Myungsoo took my side and kept me sane. Sungyeol alone was not enough for this, if it came to serious decisions he turned into a hyperactive sulking kid and did nothing but dance on my nerves.

I tried to move and get up, but I still wasn’t strong enough. It even took me a few minutes to realize that I was no longer lying on the cold floor, but I was in a sitting position, my back pressed to the wall and my head leaned onto something soft.

A familiar voice was calling my name. I couldn’t answer and I couldn’t recognize the voice but I knew I heard it before and it made me feel calm. A soft hand was pressed against my forehead, then I felt a bottle touching my bottom lip. With a bit help I tilted my head back and swallowed the cold water like I didn’t drink in years. Up until now, I didn’t realize how thirsty I was. I still couldn’t recognize who was beside me, but I felt more than thankful. Even in my miserable state, someone was taking care of me. I could feel I was in good hands.

I started coughing and lost my balance but the gentle arms held me before I could fall. I forced my eyes open and tried to adjust to the faint light. My vision was blurred at first but it became clearer by each blink. I noticed a small bag I had never seen before in front of my legs. I hand came into my view and put the half-empty bottle beside the bag. My world was spinning in a slow motion around me but I tried to focus and turned towards the man next to me.

At first, I thought I hit my head too hard and I was hallucinating. The clearer I saw the face in front of me, the more confused I became. I froze completely, as I looked into the worried eyes. He was the last person I was expecting to help me.

“Sung...gyu?” I forced his name out of my mouth. My throat was still numb and every sound I let out hurt like hell, but it was nothing compared to the chaos in my head.

“Are you alright?” he asked in a concerned tone.

I nodded in reply because I didn’t trust my voice. Not only I was weak, but the shock that Sunggyu helped me also made me mute.

He gave me a small smile and shoved a bar of chocolate into my palm.

“Here. Eat something”

I frowned and stared at the chocolate.

“Helps to regulate your blood sugar” Sunggyu explained quickly and opened it for me “Should I… um… help you?”

It made me groan and I found my lost voice immediately “Don’t humiliate me”

“You are definitely getting better” he whispered and his eyes dropped to the floor.

I turned my head away and tried to ignore the sudden dizziness. No matter what, it was still Sunggyu and even if he was nice towards me, I won’t let him treat me like a kid.

I took a small bite from the chocolate and pressed my head to the wall. I hoped Sunggyu was right about it helping me because I hated feeling that weak. It was awkward to show this side of me to him so I wanted to be my old self as soon as possible. I should insult him now, not eating his chocolate beside him.

“Why are you so kind with me?” I blurted out the question what bugged me since I opened my eyes. I didn’t understand why he would help me, since all I ever did was hurting him.

“Why wouldn’t I be?” he whispered, still not looking at me.

“I’m always an towards you. Why would you care about me?”

He silenced, and I knew I won this little argument. He had absolute no reason to help me so it just made me more confused why he still did it. If he was the one who fainted, I would probably just walk away, not even considering glancing at him. We weren’t friends, we didn’t like each other, so what was the point in staying and nursing me?

“You were unconscious”

I rolled my eyes. It was a stupid reason, but I felt too tired to argue about it “You could’ve just left me here”

Sunggyu tensed for a moment and I was wondering if I said something wrong. He turned his head towards me, then took a deep breath.

“I’m not like that”

I wanted to laugh so hard. Of course he was not like that. He was the kind, warm-hearted Kim Sunggyu, who was everyone’s friend and was loved by everyone. He was like a saint and that annoyed me to hell. No one could be that perfect, yet he still tried to act like one. I didn’t know what was stupider of him; believing that he was an angel in a human’s body or helping me without any hesitation.

“Maybe it’s not me who hit his head”

I tried to stand up, but I could barely hold myself in a sitting position. My own body betrayed me for the nth time today and it started to make me furious. My legs were shaking as I tried to push myself up. I pressed my back and both hands to the wall in order to help myself, but it was still not enough.

Sunggyu just watched me from the corner of his eyes, but I could clearly see that he was ready to catch me anytime. I didn’t want something like that to happen, so I gave up instead and slid back to the wall.

None of us said anything, we were sitting in complete silence for long minutes. I wanted to run away, but my body still refused to obey, while Sunggyu sat there frozen, almost afraid to move. The clearer my mind got, the more he became quite and distanced himself.

The sound of soft steps echoed in the empty studio. They could be barely heard at first, but got stronger and stronger by each seconds. I tried to focus on the sound and noticed that someone was coming towards our direction. As the person got closer I noticed that he was running and I could hear his panting.

“Sunggyu, Woohyun!”

I looked up only to meet Hoya’s worried eyes. He was staring at me with wide eyes, then rushed to me and put his hand slightly on my forehead just like how Sunggyu did before. I pulled back automatically and thankfully he didn’t get offended by that. He sighed and turned to Sunggyu.

“I think he just needs some rest”

I kicked his shin, but not hard enough “I’m here, you know”

He ignored me and searched for my bag, only to hand it to Dongwoo. I didn’t notice his presence until now, he was standing behind Hoya quietly. He nodded towards me and wanted to say something – probably asking if I was alright – but Hoya interrupted him.

“I will take him, you two go ahead” Hoya said and pulled me up from the cold floor, then threw my arm around his shoulders.

I felt like a toddler who was about to take his first steps. I leaned on Hoya with my full weight because my legs couldn’t hold me properly. They were shaking like jelly and only Hoya saved me from falling after each step. We were going slowly, I tried to get myself together. Sunggyu and Dongwoo were far ahead of us, I could rarely get a glimpse of Dongwoo’s bright hair.

Hoya pulled me a bit closer and straightened both of us.

“Hope you are at least a bit thankful to Sunggyu”

I wanted to ask why should I be but I kept my mouth shut. Even if I hated to admit it, he was right. Not everyone would stay by my side. They might call the ambulance or something, but they would leave me as soon as they can. And Sunggyu did stay, he even chose to call Hoya and Dongwoo instead of the ambulance which I was especially thankful for.

I slipped accidentally, but Hoya grabbed me in time. He tightened his grip around me and pressed the button of the elevator.

“You know, Woohyun…. I’m not sure I wouldn’t leave you there without calling any help” Hoya said without any shame. I couldn’t blame him, but his words still hurt me.

I let out a bitter laugh “What are friends for, right?”

Until we reached the car, I managed to force some strength into my legs. Hoya was only holding me by my arm and watched my uncertain steps carefully. He helped me get inside the car and closed the door behind me. Sunggyu was also in the car, right beside me. I didn’t know if I was surprised to see him still here or I knew that he wouldn’t leave. It was strange but I found it quite comforting.

The car ride was silent, or at least I couldn’t hear the other’s voice. My brain might deactivated some of my senses thanks to the complete exhaustion. I pressed my face against the cold window and cowered close to the door. Even in my current state, I tried to be as far away as possible from Sunggyu. It was still strange that he was near me.

When we arrived in front of my flat, Sunggyu helped me get out of the car. I still had difficulties with walking alone so I grabbed his arm for support. I didn’t care that it was him, it was still better than collapsing. Hoya and Dongwoo was walking right in front of us and they knocked on the door when we reach the apartment. I could’ve just got my keys out of the bag, but the others thought it was easier to ask Sungjong to let us in.

“What happened?” Sungjong opened the door in shock. I wasn’t sure what surprised him. I, looking like a second class zombie or the fact that I was clinging to Sunggyu’s arm like my life depended on it. Neither was a usual sight for sure.

“Woohyun overworked himself a bit” Sunggyu explained as we got into the apartment “He just needs some rest”

Sungjong nodded simply and turned to the others to greet them.

I showed Sunggyu where my room was and he helped me get there. He placed my bag in front of the nightstand and helped me to make my bed.

“Do you need something?” he asked once we were ready. I wanted to say that I was completely fine and didn’t need anything, but then I changed my mind. I wanted to test him a bit.

“Yeah, banana milk and triple chocolate cookies”

He mumbled a small ‘got it’, then turned around to leave the room. I blinked a few times before I registered that he was zipping up his jacket and taking out his wallet from his pocket. I was more than surprised to see that he would be willing to get me anything in the middle of the night.

“I was just joking” I said before he managed to leave the room “Not like you would get any of it at this hour”

He turned back with a frown on his face and studied mine to decide whether I lied or not. After a few seconds he nodded, put his wallet away and smiled tiredly.

“Sleep, okay?”

The moment he left the room, I buried my face between the pillows and groaned. I couldn’t understand how the things could happen the way they did. Kim Sunggyu, my biggest enemy and rival, the person I despised the most, saved me and took me home. It was something that people only did for their friends and it made me confused. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t figure out what his intentions might had been. He was extremely kind with me, without any reason. I meant every word I said to him and all I did was hurting him, yet he put these conflicts away when he saw me lying unconsciously on the floor. I hated myself for being that weak.

My stomach grumbled and I pressed my hand against it automatically. I was both hungry and thirsty, but too weak to go out and get something for myself. I didn’t want to ask the others to bring something for me either, because I didn’t want to talk to Sungjong and the others already helped enough. Also, I didn’t want to risk Sunggyu coming into my room again.

I heard them leaving a few minutes later. Hoya even shouted me a quick goodbye, but I didn’t feel like responding. Sungjong, of course, didn’t come in to check on me. I was staring at the ceiling in a suffocating silence and tried to turn off my brain and sleep. After all the things what had happened today, it wasn’t as easy as I thought. I couldn’t forget Sunggyu for even one second, the feeling of guilt and confusion was eating me alive. I was still sure I didn’t like him, but I felt like something had changed today. Sunggyu stayed beside me until the others arrived, he tried to nurse me, he helped me whenever I let him and he accompanied me home to make sure I was okay. It was weird that someone took care of me like that. It felt… good.

My parents always babied me when I was sick, but it was different. Sungyeol and Myungsoo were never close when I got sick, but I was almost sure that Sungyeol would only panic and Myungsoo would care more about him than me. Hoya tried to nurse me once, but he didn’t really know how to do it. It was rather awkward than useful so I told him that I was pretty fine by myself. Sungjong was with me that time, but other than asking once in a while if I was feeling alright, he did nothing but complain that I should get myself together. Back then, we only fought if one of us was sick and fortunately it was fairly rare.

My phone went off beside me and I quickly grabbed it to check the new message. It was from an unknown number so I opened it curiously. But when I read the message, I couldn’t believe my eyes. I had to reread it at least ten times until I convinced myself that there was nothing wrong with my vision.

I kept staring at the message until I caught myself smiling.

 

“I've got your back tomorrow. Sunggyu”

 

 

 


faster than usual, not proofread as always and more woogyu than ever *cries* ive been waiting for writing this chapter so much omg >< hope you liked it~~

i might mentioned it earlier, but i have tons of plots in my head. i asked this question under my other story, but i feel like doing it again, so: are you guys interested in a vixx or a vixx/infintie fanfic? im almost 100% sure i will write both since i have an awesome idea fro rabin and i have to write it down or else i will go insane haha

also.... since im an awkward lil who sometimes tries to look cool... i made an ask!  http://ask.fm/leaderdino  
you can ask me about anything from personal stuff to my stories. if you are lucky enough i might give some spoilers 

thanks for reading, love ya ♥