Busy Schedule

Fanwar

[Woohyun POV]

I heard strange noises from somewhere but I tried to ignore them. Then a small crack from very close. I turned my head to the other direction and put the pillow over my head to block the disturbing sounds. After a few peaceful moments I felt a weight on the bed next to me and somebody my hair. I groaned and tried to shake the hand off of my head.

“You have to wake up” a soft voice said but I resisted opening my eyes.

“Go away” I groaned and after successfully palpated the unwanted body next to me, I pushed him to the floor. I could hear as he walked away, cursing that I don’t know what have I done, but I only smiled and postured myself into a comfortable position. But as lucky as I am, I couldn’t enjoy my victory for too long. Suddenly something cold and wet hit me and I almost choked into the pillows.

“WHAT THE ARE YOU DOING, SUNGJONG?” I yelled at the little Satan and pushed myself up from the wet sheets. He just stood there with a bucket in his hand and sent me icy glances.

“You have half an hour”

I could only blink.

“Sorry, but…what?”

He sighed and got a paper out of his pocket. It took me a few seconds to realize that it was the schedule what my manager gave me yesterday. At least I was right about the Sungjong-would-read-it part.

“You have a prerecording in an hour, then a photoshoot till noon, followed by another prerecording and after that a meeting with me in the new coffee shop. Oh and a dance practice with Hoya in the evening.

“You are just kidding me, right?” I massaged my temples then suddenly stopped “Wait. A meeting with you? Since when is it in my schedule?”

“Since you have free time. Sungyeol invited us so you have to come” he smiled then left my room, leaving me alone. So Sungyeol invited us? That er, I will kill him for disturbing my precious sleep last night.

“Twenty minutes” I heard Sungjong’s voice from the kitchen.

I cursed and tried to find something wearable quickly in the huge mess. There was a blue shirt on the other side of the bed and I found my favorite white pants on the chair. I didn’t bother to style my hair, since it was still wet thanks to Sungjong’s little surprise. I stormed out of the room to wash my teeth and pack my necessary things, but the latter had already been done by Sungjong. When I managed to get out of the house, my manager was already there, waving kindly towards me. He said he didn’t expect me to wake up in time and he was proud of me. Oh thanks, you are not the only one. He even smiled the whole time during the ride. I was sure it was because he was happy he didn’t have to nag me for hours to get up. But I was wrong.

“I still can’t believe you said yes to that program”

“Said yes to what?” I didn’t remember agreeing to be in an idiot show.

“Hello Counselor”

I got pale within a second “When did I agree?!”
My manager stopped the car and turned around. I noticed the slight confusion is his eyes.

“Yesterday?”

“But I didn’t-“

“Listen here, Woohyun” he cut off my words “You have to attend, I’ve already spoken with the producer.”

I wanted to argue with him but he threw me out of the car. But still, why would I be in a show where pitiful people share their pitiful stories and all I have to do is sitting there and nodding like a good child? I saw one episode and it was really boring. A woman cried because his adult son is always fanboying over anime characters instead of real women. Another one complained about his husband being a workaholic, and a man about his friend changing his cars every month. What is it if not pitiful?

“Nam Woohyun-sshi!” somebody called my name as soon as I stepped inside the building and I saw a small woman running towards me.

“Yes?”

“Sorry we had a little problem and we couldn’t solve it yet. Do you mind sharing the changing room with somebody else?” I shook my head and his smile brightened “Perfect. Then come with me, please”

I followed her down the stairs until we reached the door with my name on it. She said that I have almost an hour until I have to go on stage then she left. I got my phone out of my bag and sent a massage to Hoya to inform him where he would find me. Then I realized something. If I have to share the room with somebody, why was only my name written there? I slowly opened the door and peeked inside. At first I couldn’t see anybody but then I got shock. A hysterical laugh filled the room and I noticed a pink haired creature in the corner. For a moment I wasn’t sure if he was the owner of the voice or not because he just lied on the floor and did nothing but then I realized he probably died because of the lack of oxygen.

“That was hilarious” he wiped away his tears and tried to get up.

“Shut up Woo, that wasn’t funny at all!” I froze. Oh please, just not him.

“You should’ve seen yourself!”

They kept arguing like that for long minutes. That Woo-whoever just laughed like an idiot and Sunggyu tried to make him finally shut up. None of them recognized me so I sat down in one of the chairs and cleared my throat. They both froze and looked at me with wide eyes.

“Sorry, we didn’t notice you” they bowed deeply but I just waved them.

“Continue if you want”

And they did. I can’t even express how thankful I was when my stylist arrived and they became silent. Or when the Woo guy had to go. I almost cried in happiness. After Sunggyu had been left alone he was less annoying: he sat in the chair, played on his phone and never once opened his mouth. The only problem was his existence and the fact that I had to borrow a belt from him. My clumsy stylist forgot to get one so he asked Sunggyu if he had a surplus… and of course he had one.

Right after Sunggyu left, Hoya appeared in the door and brought me a strawberry shake like he used to do when he comes from home. He sat in Sunggyu’s seat and listened carefully to my nagging until the stuff called us. Standing on the stage calmed me down and I was able to focus on the song and the dance. Of course I didn’t forget about the fanservice: when the high-five part came, I threw my arms around Hoya’s neck and smiled widely towards the crowd. They got crazy because of that little act and screamed much louder than before. I spotted a cute girl in the front who was totally mesmerized and I sent a kiss to her. She almost fainted like everybody around her. At the end of the song I held out my hand and formed a little heart with my thumb and index finger as a goodbye. I bowed and ran back to the backstage where the others had already waited for me. Since I was the last performer we only had time for a quick group hug then I had to go back to the stage. I stood almost in the middle and listened carefully to the MC. The results appeared one by one in a huge screen in front of us and stopped after the announcement of the third place. I closed my eyes and repeated my own name all over and over in my head.

“So the winner is – I heard my fans screaming my name – Nam Woohyun-sshi!

I couldn’t hide my happiness, I walked to the MCs with a huge smile on my face and bowed towards the audience. I got a beautiful trophy and a bouquet of flowers as a prize and they gave me the microphone for the winning speech. I gave them my usual speech and made sure to mention every important person. I told my fans how much I love them and how grateful I am then I thanked to my company, my staff, my dancers and my friends. My song started to play in the background and the other artists congratulated me. Even Sunggyu did.

 

 

 

After I managed to escape I headed to the nearby agency where the photoshoot took place. I wasn’t even surprised when I saw Sungjong there, he always came with me when he had free time. It kind of made me happy because he had that awesome habit to give me useful advices. He was the photographers’ favorite and he helped me to be an excellent model. If he said I should lower my head, I lowered it, if he said I should raise my hands, I raised them and so on. Though I’m one of the most stubborn people of all around the world, I always listened to him in this kind of situation. He was more experienced than me.

I adjusted my suit and looked awkwardly towards Sungjong. He winked and signed that everything is going to be alright. When the photographer asked me to pose he stood behind him and showed me some postures. I quickly copied them and tried to do a few by myself. We hardly ever broke the eye contact, just when the photographer whined about closing my eyes or looking elsewhere. Sungjong’s creativity amused me, his postures were always unique and y. And he was freaking good with accessories too. The stylist gave me a cylinder and a walking cane and his eyes lit up in a second. Although I was uncomfortable with things like a cane, but Sungjong activated himself immediately. I had some difficulties with copying him properly but I did really well and the photographer seemed quite pleasant with my work. When we finished, he called me over to watch the pictures together and offered a seat next to him. Sungjong stood behind me and eyed the monitor curiously, criticize his own work. The photographer pointed out some little mistakes which were mostly because I didn’t do the same posture what Sungjong showed me. More than a hundred pictures had been taken but we watched them in a few minutes and picked the ten best together. However I wasn’t pleasant with the pictures, the photographer thought otherwise.

“Would you like to participate in the Summer Special Shoot?” he asked and gave me a little card with all the necessary information. I wanted to turn down the offer but Sungjong quickly accepted it instead of me, saying that I have plenty of time and he will be there too and wants to work with me.  As usual, I didn’t have a chance against him.

I quickly changed the uncomfortable suit to my casual clothes and ran down to the entrance where Sungjong had already waited for me. He accompanied me to the next prerecording which fortunately ended sooner than we thought. The stylist and the hairdresser worked pretty fast and as soon as they finished with me, I could go on the stage. I had to sing two songs and gave a small interview – they asked less than five questions and I answered them only with a few words – then I was free. Oh and Sunggyu wasn’t there, not like usual. Hooray?

I was happy that I had free time for the rest of the day but I couldn’t enjoy it thanks to my awesome friends who wanted to hang out on the second day of my comeback. Anyways, I let Sungjong drag me to the new café which was in the other side of the city. The neighbourhood was kind of fancy and I didn’t understand why the always stingy Sungyeol chose a place like that. Also it bothered me why we had to meet so far from our apartments, but as we arrived, everything became clear.

“What the actually ” I cursed loudly and stepped closer to the windows “Why am I watching Sungyeol’s face in a freaking 3 meter tall poster?!”

Sungjong chuckled beside me and grabbed my arm “Come on, the others are waiting”

Who cares if they are waiting or not, I was still shocked because of that giant choding face in front of the café. And I was more shocked when we stepped inside and Sungyeol’s idiot face greeted me everywhere: on the windows, on the floor, on the tables, on the chairs, on the counter… EVERYWHERE. I even spotted his face on a cup at a nearby table. Poor woman who drinks from it, how can she not throw up?

“Hyung, Sungjong!” the devil’s voice could be heard “Here in the corner!”

I tried to follow his voice as I looked around but the place was too crowded so I couldn’t find them. I only noticed them when Sungyeol stood up and waved towards us like a madman.

When we sat down, the first think I noticed was Sungyeol’s smiling face on the glass pad. I immediately turned it upside down and eyed him distrustfully.

“How did you do that?”

“What do you mean?”
“You blackmailed the owner, right?”

He chuckled and leaned forward, his face was almost touching mine. He wanted to look serious but failed as always.

“Missed me, right?” he was about to kiss me but I put my hands protectively in front of my face.

“Ya, Myungsoo, control your pet!”

Myungsoo was just sitting there, slurping his coffee silently. He slowly turned towards me and blinked a few times, like he had no clue what was going on. Then, he must have noticed my not so enthusiastic look, because he quickly put down his cup and grabbed Sungyeol’s shoulders.

“Yeollie, sit down please, everyone is watching us” he stopped for a moment and looked around, then pouted.

“Liar”

“Just get out of my face, you moron” I tried to push him away but he was too stubborn to move. I was starting to feel really uncomfortable but fortunately Myungsoo managed to drag him back.

“They made a deal, by the way” he said and grabbed his coffee again.

“What kind of deal?”
“Free work for free coffee!” Sungyeol cheered and waved to a waitress to order “Americano for everyone!”

She placed the drinks in front of us and asked if we wanted something else. Sungyeol dismissed her then started to yak about his random s but I didn’t really pay attention. I grabbed the free coffee and carefully sipped in it. I was a bit afraid of the taste, because Sungyeol can drink every swill if people say it’s coffee, but it was surprisingly good. I glanced at Myungsoo who probably had the same thoughts, because he hardly ever drank coffee, but now he was grasping his cup like a five year old child.  Sungjong didn’t even tasted it, just passed his in front of me. I raised my eyebrow and he sent me an angelic smile. I quickly transmitted it to Myungsoo who gladly accepted it.

“What have he done with you?” I gasped.

“Believe me, if you spend too much time with him, he makes you an addict”

“That’s right, we should spend more time together!” Sungyeol screamed, grabbed my hands and tried to influence me with his shining puppy eyes.

“Ehw, sorry, I’m too busy, my schedule is t-“
 “Your schedule isn’t tight, you have plenty of free time” Sungjong interrupted me “You shouldn’t believe everything what your manager says. Since you refuse to go variety shows and stuffs, you literally have nothing to do”

After the first shock I tried to make him shout his mouth but with not much success.  He took a small notebook out of his bag and discussed the next few thousand meetings with Sungyeol. Why do my friends want to make my life miserable?

 

 


not proofread! >< i wanted to upload this chapter as soon as possible. pray for my laptop, it's getting y 
thanks for the comments and subscribes ♥
next chapter is Gyu centric :3
*i have nothing against hello counselor, i like it, just this was the first what came to my mind*