You're My Only Beautiful Butterfly

Flutterby

Authour's note: Everything will be revealed in this chapter. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

When I woke up I was in that room again, and – like last time – I was chained to the wall. This time, though, Tao was chained to the opposite side of the room; he was kneeling down on all fours, snarling and growling like a feral beast. “You killed him! How could you do that?” Lay had been the one to kill Kris. Why was Tao angry at me?

“Zhang Yixing,” A serious, monotone voice said. I identified it as the voice of one of the women that had taken me into the little room the night Kai’s and Sehun’s lives were taken from them. But who was this ‘Yixing’ person? She looked as if she was addressing me, but she couldn’t have been – I was Han Yeongi. “Zhang Yixing,” She repeated and I stared at her in disbelief as she pressed on. “It’s time you learned the truth. Firstly, what is your name?”

I laughed nervously at her enquiry. “My name? You know my name: Han Yeongi.”

“Incorrect. Your name is Zhang Yixing.” I hoped she would explain this mad conversation. “Secondly, describe your appearance.”

I tilted my head to the side in thought. “I have hazel eyes, long wavy red hair, rosy cheeks, yet my skin is quite pale…”

“Is that what you really think?” She cackled, shoving a mirror in front of my face. My reflection didn’t look like it what it was supposed to. This was not my reflection. The person staring back at me was not me; it was Lay.

“No! No! It’s not true!” I shrieked in horror. Then the sudden realisation of what I’d done set in. “Baekhyun… My friends… Kris… Chanyeol…” I whimpered sorrowfully. “I did it… I killed them all…” I glanced across at Tao, who nodded apologetically. I was the one who should’ve been sorry, not Tao.

A second later Minseok was by my side. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer so I could rest my head on his shoulder. “I always called you Lay. I think that’s where you got the name from.” He muttered, as if part of him didn’t want me to hear what he said.

“How did you know I called him that?” I wondered.

“You always mumbled things about him. That’s how I found out what was going on in the first place.” After a pause, he said “Do you remember much about your parents?”

His words struck something inside my brain. I remembered the blood – my father’s blood – as I drove the blade into his heart. I remembered my mother’s screams. I had to stop her. I had to shut her up. And then she died too…

I nodded for I could not bring myself to speak. “So you know why they didn’t visit you?” He asked and I nodded again.

I forgot all about the people dressed in white who were watching us, they drowned in the wide ocean of my memories, when he pressed our lips together.

A butterfly drifted in through the open window, beating its wings merrily, as if there was nothing wrong with the world. “Xiumin hyung, I’m sorry for driving you away.” I whispered, burying my face in his chest.

 “It’s ok, it’s ok.” I felt his hands slowly caress by back, drawing random shapes on the fabric of my shirt.

When the butterfly left I suddenly felt lonely, for it made me think of the first time I met Sehun and Kai. We were sitting in the garden, entranced by the beauty of the flowers and enchanted by the butterfly’s ballet-like movements. I wondered if it was the same one we’d seen that day. There was no way to tell, though. At that moment, I wished they were still with me.