エピローグ 三

Cold Spring

After school Marius straightly went to the place where he met who looked like Rin yesterday. He walked around just to find her but he didn’t manage to meet her that day. He thought there must a person that looks almost like Rin. The next day, weekend strike and he walked around the park again. He saw Yui was sitting at the bench; facing the lake. He came, approaching her.

“Hey…” Marius started. Yui turned to him with a confused expression on her face. “I wanted to say sorry to you about the other day.” He said.

“Oh. It’s okay. It was an accident though. No big deal.” Yui replied and turned to the lake. Marius took a sit next to her and watched as the sun is merging in the water.

“It is cold isn’t it? Oh, what is your name by the way?”

“Yui. Tanaka Yui.”

“I’m Marius. Nice to meet you.” He said. Marius and talked for about 20 minutes and all was about random topics that came out. They laughed and even jokes with each other. Marius offered her to go for a tea near the park. Yui accepted the offer and when they want to state their order, Yui suddenly said she only drinks hot chocolate. Marius didn’t expect anything but he was surprised that Yui didn’t drink coffee or tea and she said that she dislikes them. It was the same as Rin.

They continued talking and decided to have a walk in the cold along the pedestrian path. Suddenly, Yui sneezed and coincidentally there was an umbrella heater near them. Marius brought her there to make herself warm and he ran to find a medicine for flu. Marius then realised, the situation is repeating again where he treated Rin hot chocolate and bought medicines for her.

“You need to go back now. It is getting cold. Let me help you send you back home.” Marius said and accompanied Yui until the front door of her house. They hang out for quite long but Marius didn’t feel anything strange as he thought it is Rin but the fact it was not. Along the way, Yui told about her life when she was in oversea for almost a year and found a good friend that always stays by her side.

Marius went back to the hostel and Shori found out he was smiling to himself until he went into the bathroom. After he finished showering, Shori suspected something strange about Marius and decided to ask him. “What happen to you? Are you sick?”

“No. Nothing.” He jumped on his bed and played with the teddy bear and flipping through the photos in its bag.


Marius’s POV  

The next day, I went out to send some of the books that teacher asked to. When I came back, I saw my table was surrounded by my classmates. I was curious why they kept on asking questions and I walked to take a look. There was a girl, sitting next to my table. Looks like there is a new student in my class. “Hi.” I started and took my seat.

“Hi.” She replied and smiled to me. Teacher entered and class started as usual. The bell rang and everyone went out of the class to go for a break. I was about to make my move when the new girl pulled my sleeve. I turned to her in annoyace and she smiled at me, making me forgot that I was annoyed at her. “It’s me, Marius. Yui-chan.”

“What?!” I was shocked when she said that but this time her face is not the same as Rin-chan.

“I’m wearing a face mask. That is why you didn’t recognise me.” She said and giggled. “Please don’t let the others know.”

“But why?”

“I don’t know. My mom asked me to.”

-Visit Rin-

I went to meet Rin-chan today after for quite a time. “Hello, Rin-chan. It is me. Marius, came to see you and I want to apologise for not visiting you for quite long. I don’t know how to say this but will you forgive me? I promise I will not stop visiting you and please watch me every time from over there. Okay?” I took out my pinky finger and clutched with my other pinky.

“You know what Rin-chan. I met a girl who looks alike with you. I thought it was you but she said her name is Tanaka Yui. I’m so happy to see someone who look like you but whatever it is, it still can’t replace you from my heart. I had been a bad boy lately and I regret that. I shouldn’t do in the first place and I will seek for apology from my girlfriend. I don’t want to betray you anymore. I guess you are punishing me eh? The bracelet box is still there. I guess you had been taking it very well when I’m not around. Hope you do, Rin-chan~” I leaned my back at the wall as I hugged my legs near to my chest. It has been a long time after I missed visiting Rin-chan. I’m getting back to my old me.

After I visit Rin-chan, I got a call from my girlfriend, asking me out. “Sorry, I couldn’t for today. I’m very busy.” I said and hang off. I walked passing by the park but then my eyes caught someone playing with her dog. It is Yui.

“Hey Yui-chan.” I started, sitting next to Yui-chan.

“Hi there Marius-kun!”

“Looks like we always meet her at the same place and at the same time. Are we fated by destiny?” I chuckled and earned a playful slap from Yui-chan. Every time I talked to her, there is always a random topic came out and the conversation was never end awkwardly.

“Marius-kun, I want to ask but if you don’t mind.”

“Yeah. What is it?”

“I heard from the other students there was a girl named Haruka Rin. They said, rumoured that Haruka Rin likes you. Really?” she asked. That question made me starred at my feet for a while.

“Yes. It is true but it was not lucky as I thought when she died last year because of brain cancer.”

“Oh my, I didn’t mean to. I’m so sorry.” She apologised and clasped both her palm cutely.

“It’s okay. You are curious about her?” I asked and she nodded. “Actually, I met Rin-chan last two years where I bumped into her. It was unexpectedly we became so close and she was the only one that I really appreciate from all of my friends. Every time we talk, the conversation was never end and used to play together but then I didn’t know my heart has fall for her. Until the last day I saw her, we didn’t know that we liked each other and that time I didn’t want to confess because I was too afraid. We ended up separating without saying goodbye.” I explained. I turned to see Yui-chan and she was looking to the ground; listening carefully to every single of my words.

“And then what happen to her? Did she know that you love her?” She asked.

“No. I got a call from Shori a week after she left that she has already died. She did left a lot of things related to me and I still keep them. She said through a video recording and I regret for not making my first move.” I said.

“How tragic. It must be really painful to know someone who you love so much left you forever.”

“It is. I didn’t believe at first and kept on searching for her for a few months but then I dreamt on how she died at the last day of her live. That dream made me believed that it is for real.” I said.

“Never mind ! I’m here! I can help to accompany you every time although I can’t replace Rin-chan! ~” She said and patted my back playfully. Her movements remind me of Rin-chan. I turned to her and my eyes were glued as she turned to me with her pretty eyes. My heart was pumping irregularly as if it knocks my rib cage. I felt so nervous when she gave that look.I don't what am I doing but my face leaned forward and our face was just an inch difference as my eyes slowly close but then something hoped onto my laps making me flinched.

“Oh my God! That scares me out!” The dog leaked all over my face. Looks like it loves me. Hahaha, errrr saliva everywhere.

“Mishi! No! You can’t do that to Marius-kun! Say sorry.” Yui-can scolded her dog. Mishi sat on my laps as I can hear purring with its head to my stomach. It was almost sun set and by the time the two of us have to go back. I sent her home and she thanked me for accompanying her this evening.

“Yui-chan, are you free tomorrow? I want to hang out with you again and talk about more topics with you. At evening.” I asked.

“Hmmm….okay. See you at the park then. Bye bye!” She waved and left me with a smile plastered on her face.


I called my girlfriend the next day and asked her to meet me at the garden behind school. “I called you here because I want to say sorry to you for everything I have done. I don’t want you to be hurt just because of a boy like me. I hope you forgive me and I set you free. You don’t have to cry for me after this. Go and look for someone better than I am.” I said. That girl accepted my apologies but then she cried when we already broke up. I don’t want to hurt her anymore. I just want my Rin-chan, that’s all. After that incident, I totally changed to my original Marius who is always being positive and happy-go-lucky.

I put on my clothes and get ready for today’s event. Shori is not around so I expecting that he is reading his books somewhere. I walked along the street while my eyes were watching the beautiful scenery of the town at the other side of the bridge as the lights from the buildings blinking gracefully.  This evening reminds me of Rin-chan. Is it going to start all over again with the same script?

I waited for Yui-chan under the street light with my hands at the back. “Sorry, I’m late.” I heard and turned around to see Yui-chan, standing in front of me. She looked dazzling in her dress and it made me amazed at her natural beauty. Somehow, I felt Rin-chan is with me right now. Their faces are the same, the way they talked and the way she looked at me was no difference with Rin-chan.

“No-no. I just came.” I said.

“Where are we going actually?” She asked.

“Okay. Let us go to this one place and have dinner there. Tonight is my treat.” I said and she followed me. It was not quite far from here and actually it was the yatch that I’d have brought Rin-chan for our date practice last time. I want to show her that Rin-chan was already there, riding with me.

I was walking with her but then she accidentally tripped and fell down. I reached out my hand and helped her stood on her feet. The feel when I touched her hand, this hand is belongs to Rin-chan. I know I’m not dreaming or joking here but I’ve touched Rin-chan’s hand before and it was the same feeling as Yui-chan. I didn’t realise that I’ve hold her hands a little longer and I sensed this girl, in front of me, is the real Rin-chan. I’m sure that I’m not wrong.

Narrator’s POV

Marius didn’t realise that Shori was watching him and Yui from behind while Sayuri was watching as well at the other side of the road. It was a coincidence they met at the road but the two never realise Shori and Sayuri’s presence. Shori was very angry when Marius held Yui’s hand as he balled his fist. He fished out his phone from his pocket and dialed Yui mother’s number.

“Aunty, you said you would let me meet her after she came back but why Marius is the one dating with her right now? In front of me before I could see her with my own eyes.” Shori said. Yui’s mother was shocked at what Shori have told her. That lady asked Shori to keep his eyes on them and don’t let Marius know that the person he was going out with is his long lost lover.

“Thank you~” Yui said and corrected her dress, she slid a few strands of her hair behind her ear and Marius saw Yui was wearing the bracelet that he gave to Rin. He grabbed her wrist and took a look closely at the bracelet. He saw there is a small writing ‘Rin-chan’ near the lock. He was surpsied when Yui is wearing the bracelet and shifted his gaze to her.

“Where do you get this?” Marius asked, rising Yui’s hand higher; showing the bracelet.

“Oh. This one. I don’t know. My mom said someone gave it to me before I move out of this country.”

“Do you know when your mom gave this to you?” Marius asked again. He can’t believe what he is thinking right now.

“I can’t remember. I don’t know who I am when I wake up from a long sleep and I was been told that my name is Tanaka Yui.” Yui explained and forcing herself to remember when her mom gave it to her.

“Are you…………….. Rin-chan?” Marius’s eyes widened at the answers Yui had just said.

“Ha! That voice! Someone had been calling me Rin-chan with that tone in my sleep but I can’t see his face. What I saw was he is very close to me and always bought me hot chocolate and….” Yui was counting everything that she said what she had seen in her dream but she hasn’t completed her sentence; Marius pulled her into his embrace. Yui was shocked at the sudden hug and blinked her eyes a few time.

“You came back. I knew you are still alive and I believed we will meet again. There will be another second chance for us to pay back our lost time right?” He cried in Yui’s shoulders. Yui didn’t reply anything but still frozen at her spot. She didn’t know what to react. “Rin-chan……please listen to me carefully…..I……love……you…” Marius said in between his sobs. Something strike Yui like a lightning strike and she started to remember everything from the first time he met Marius until now. Her hands slung around Marius as she hugged him tightly and broke into tears. Yui gained her memories back and she remembered that she is  Haruka Rin not Tanaka Yui.

“I….” Rin was going to say something but then a strong pull; snatched Rin away and broke their hug.

“No..I will never approve this relationship. Enough for Rin to experience being a blind and sick person before this and I don’t want just because of him you were hurt again. Let’s go back now Tanaka Yui!” Her voice rose and pulled Rin with her.

Marius held her hand tightly but then a pat at his shoulder from behind. He turned around and saw Shori was standing behind him. “Thank you Sato-kun for your hardwork.”

Marius’s POV

“Thank you Sato-kun for your hardwork.” That middle-aged woman said and pulled Rin-chan away from me and Shori gripped my hands with him. I tried to let go of myself but his grip is too strong; causing my arms hurt.  

“WHAT IS THIS?!  LET ME GO SHORI!! I WANT MY RIN-CHAN BACK!” I shouted.

“No! I won’t! You met her before me!!”

“So, you knew it was her? You knew she was still alive? But why didn’t you tell me in the first place?” I asked. Why Shori…Why did you do this to me…

“I knew she was still alive since last year, when you were sick keeping on looking for Rin-chan. I made a deal with her aunt to keep this as secret just because to make you forget about Rin-chan forever.” He said. I can’t believe this..

“BUT WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME?! YOU KNOW I LOVE HER SO MUCH!”

“SHUT UP! I LOVE HER FIRST! SHE IS MINE!” He blurted. I was so shock when my own friend betrayed me just because of a girl. I thought he was different than the others “And I’m so angry when you made Rin-chan forget about me and loves you more than me! She even appeared in front of you every time you visit her. She was in coma. Her soul comes to see you. She misses you so much and that is why you can feel her. When you already can’t, she already woke up from coma!” Rin-chan was there with me? She was watching me all this while?

“How dare you to betray me like this….” I felt my eyes  started to watery at the edge of my eyes but then I saw Sayuri-chan came to us; patted Shori’s shoulders.

“Let him go. There is a reason why you and Rin are not for each other. One day you will find one.” The grip started to lose little by little and I’m free from his arms. Go Marius-kun!” Sayuri-chan ushered me to catch Rin-chan.

“Thank you Sayuri-chan.” I said and turned to Shori, who was looking away; avoiding meeting with my eyes. He was controlling the tears from rolling down.

“Faster and go you stupid! Don’t disappoint me for the second time!” I nodded and mouthed ‘thanks’ to Shori.


“YOU ARE TANAKA YUI. MY DAUGHTER!”

“I’M NOT TANAKA YUI. I’M HARUKA RIN! LET GO OF ME AUNT. I DON’T WANT ANYTHING FROM YOU ANYMORE. I JUST WANT MY MARIUS-KUN!!” I saw her struggling to let go of her wrist from her aunt.

“Rin-chan!” I called, running towards her. Rin’s aunt saw I was running to catch them, she quickly pushed Rin into the car but Rin pushed her away and ran towards my direction. I can see Rin-chan was so happy to see me again after a long time but then I saw a car was speeding behind her.

“NO RIN-CHAN!!!” I pulled her into my arms and turned her as my back is facing the car. What I saw after that, Rin-chan’s hat flew in the sky as we were bleeding on the road. My head. I hit my head on the road after being crashed into a car. I saw Rin-chan in still in my embrace; her head was full of blood dripping out.

“Rin-chan….? Rin-chan…..” I shook her a little. She was trying hard to open her eyes. I can’t see her clearly. The blood was covering my eyes.

“Marius-kun… I’m so sorry for leaving you and broke our promise. I’m finally back and I want to say I love you…….too…..” Rin-chan’s grip loose at my waist as her eyes slowly close. She was not breathing anymore.

“Rin-chan? Rin-chan, please don’t leave me!!” I shook her but she didn’t move an inch. My head is really painful. I’m losing my conscious as I hugged her tightly with me. I saw Shori and Sayuri-chan were next to me and I heard the siren of the ambulance and blue-red light beamed into my sight. I don’t want to lose her anymore. They placed me and Rin-chan on the same stretcher and the ambulance towards the nearest hospital. I held Rin-chan tightly with me but then I heard Sayuri-chan and Shori called my name.

“Marius! No Marius! Don’t leave us here! I’m so sorry for everything I have done to you!! Please don’t leave me here.” I heard Shori cried as he shook my body. I can’t reply you Shori. I feel so weak. I feel my head is spinning.

Thank you guys for being with me but I can’t afford to reply you anymore. Sayuri-chan, thank you for being my friend and I’m sorry for hurting you last time. Shori, I forgive you and I understand how you feel. I thank you two for everything and please forgive me. I want to follow Rin-chan.

I saw my eyes are shutting slowly and the view of Shori and Sayuri-chan is disappearing little by little. What I knew after is everything was black and my life ends here. I’m following Rin-chan now. It is my time. Today is the ‘Cold Spring Day’ where I had my first an unofficial date with Rin-chan on the yatch. Bye bye everybody. Mom, dad, Shori, Sayuri-chan, teachers. See you all later. I'll be waiting for you guys with Rin-chan. Don't worry about us and we will always be happy. Take care......  

-THE END-


It finally ends and I sincerely thank you to all who subscribed and commented to this story. //and crying [LOL me xD] // Sorry for my imperfect grammar and spellings. I will be coming back with another 2 new stories appearing leader of y Zone - Nakajima Kento for 'LOST'. Sato Shori & Matsushima Sou for 'Spin-off: Badminton!' Meet you there~ Have a nice day! (✌゚∀゚)☞ 

Oh, maybe you are confused which one is the characters. Let me introduce them; 

This is Marius Yo. //okay? My Angel okay. Don't touch him// The main character for this story as Marius-kun.

This is Sato Shori. //okay? My unicorn. He's mine :p Look at his reaction when his mic was pulled. So cute !!~// The second main character for this story as Shori.

*~*~*~*~ Cold Spring *~*~*~*~

hope you get the difference between them.  (((o(*゚▽゚*)o)))

 
My favourite one true pairing. LET ME HUG YOU GUYTHHSSSS o(╥﹏╥)o *cries a niagra fall*