エピローグ 二

Cold Spring

Marius’s POV

After I left the building, I went back to my hostel and met Shori, leaning his back against the wall. The blanket covered him until his hip. “I’m back.” But he looked confused and questioning to himself.

“Oh. Welcome back. Where have you been?” he asked. Shori’s tone doesn’t seem to be on his own.

“I went to meet Rin-chan. I talked to her.” I replied. Shori didn’t reply anything but just a nod. I was expecting him to shout at me ‘Rin-chan is already die.’ ‘Don’t torture yourself.’ But it was never happen. Maybe he got fade up when I said Rin-chan is still alive. I know. I should not say that but what I feel is so strong and even I sensed it is true.


I went to the flower shop again and bought white roses for Rin-chan. This time I bought something else. Hot chocolate. It is what Rin-chan told me. She likes sweet things and her favourite is hot chocolate. She had never said she likes or drinks coffee and I heard from her classmates that she dislikes coffee so much.

“Rin-chan, good afternoon. We meet again. This time I bring your favourite drinks, hot chocolate. Erm, we shall I put it? Here?” I point at the shelves next to her photo. “Oh. These flowers are already withered. Never mind, I bring the new one for you.” A lot of flowers on her shelves and maybe it is from her friend; visiting her. I throw away the withered flowers and replaced them with mine. I was arranging them nicely when something caught my eyes. My white roses that I brought yesterday were hanging at the opposite of the shelves. It was still there, in the wrapping. I took a look at it and it is still fresh. Fresh as it is new.

As I remember I didn’t put water with it and it should be withered already. “Rin-chan, did you take care of the flowers?” I asked and pointed at the white roses. “Ayy, don’t lie to me. I know you are not good lying. Lying is a big sin you know.” I giggled. Somehow, I feel so happy and calm as if Rin-chan is with me.

Shori’s POV

I was walking to the shelves with a bouquet of flowers in my hands. But suddenly I heard someone giggled from the room. “Ayyy.. tell me tell me. You are the one right?” Marius? Again? Who is he talking to? I peeked a little from behind the wall and saw he was giggling in front of Rin-chan’s photo. He took a seat at his usual place and looked at the second shelve with a smile plastered on his face. Suddenly, I saw a glimpse of white mist-look-a-like is walking towards Marius. That thing turned around and took a sit next to Marius. It is a girl figure and it slowly becomes thicker and showing a completely posture.

I nearly shouted at the top of my lung when I saw her face. IT IS RIN-CHAN!! SHE COMES AGAIN! Rin-chan turned to Marius; who was still looking at her photo and leaned her head on his shoulder. Rin-chan smiled as her head is resting at Marius’s shoulder. I broke into tears and the flowers fell from my hand. It was my mistake for not holding it tight causing the two of them turned to my direction. I covered my mouth closely until they turn away. A few minutes Marius didn’t show up, I peeked again and Rin-chan was not there anymore. I think she saw me here. Rin-chan, why do you have to leave and why didn’t you approach me like you did to Marius? Why? I really want to know. Do you hate me that much?

I waited for Marius until it is almost sun set. He said goodbye to his imaginary Rin-chan and left the room but he didn’t realise I was standing and watching him from the other side of the railing in the dark. I went into the room and looked at the second shelves. The photo where I’m in it.

“Do you have something to say, Rin-chan? Why do you appear at time when he needed you? No. When I needed you by my side. This is not fair Rin-chan. I’m the person who asked you out. I’m the one who spent most of my time with you. I worked hard to go to the same school with you but why you only appears when there is Marius? Why didn’t you appear when it is me? I hate you. I hate when you leave me. I hate myself.” I said, looking down the floor; hiding my tears away but then I saw someone is standing at the entrance.

“Are you Sato Shori?” she asked. A middle age woman approached me. She stood next to me and smiled while looking at the photo.

“How do you know me? And who are you ma’am?” I asked, looking confused.

“I’m sure that you are Rin’s boyfriend. Am I right?” she said again. No. I’m not. Marius it is. No, what am I talking about? Yes I am. “I came here to bring you to meet someone. Just for 15 minutes.” She said. I agreed after her offer and followed her.

I hoped into her car and we drove away. It was quite far from my place and finally I reached at this one place. I was amazed at the big compound she have and she asked me to follow her. We walked to the first floor and there was a room at the end of the way.

     Knock knock…

“May I come in?” She started. I followed her back and she showed me a girl lying on a bed. I was shock and my bag slipped from my hand; running and kneeled next to her.

“Rin-chan…..” I held her hands. It was cold. As cold as a freezing dead body. She is not moving but breathing with the help of the oxygen mask. There were a lot of wires around her. Her head and her eyes were covered with bandage. “How can she be here? Why did you hide her?”

“I’m her aunt and I loved her so much. I’m very angry with her parents because they didn’t try their best to treat her. See? I finally save her life. Money is nothing to me as long as I can save my favourite niece.” She explained.

“But why?”

“Rin-chan has an older brother who studies in one of the local university. Her mom whom is my youngest sister, never appreciate what God have given to her. I’m a single mother and I’ve been waiting to have a child but there is no chance for me so I take Rin-chan as my own daughter. I knew she has a tumor 1 week before the funeral day that you all attended. I planned to take her away and do the surgery with the best surgeon that I import. The night where you all thought she was dead, I exchanged her with another dead body and put the mask that I created, the same as Rin’s face. It was a tough fight for Rin during the surgeries. She had to go a few from head to her eyes. For now, it will take time for her to wake up. In other words, she is in coma.” She added. I rubbed the back of her hand with my thumb while my eyes glued at her pale face.

“I have a few favour from you. Will you promise me to make it for Rin’s sake?” She asked me. I shut thousand words and turned to her. She waited for my answer as I stood up, facing her.

“Okay. What is it?”

“Help me to remove everything about Rin. You, her close friend, the Germany-boy and another girl. Help me to make them forget about Rin. Forever.” She said. “As a reward, I will let you meet her after one year but only you.” She said again. Should I accept her offer again? But I shouldn’t do this and betray Marius. Rin loves Marius and he loves her too. But…..but this is the only time for me take her back. I shouldn’t lose to Marius for the second time. I have my pride. And I need these to gain back my lost pride.

“I accept this.”

“Today is the last day for Rin to be here and I will bring her out from this country for her treatment and please don’t tell anybody about this including her parents. And I knew that Germany-boy is quite close to her too. Just for one year and you will meet her again.” She replied and I nodded to her statements.

-The next day-

Early in the morning, there was knock on my door. I took a look and it was the hostel warden. She had music box, teddy bear and a red velvet box to give to Marius. I called Marius to take his delivery but he refused so I took them all on his behalf.  I put them on his bed and he had his eyes watching those stuffs. After that, I left the room to read my book at the garden.

Narrator’s POV

Shori left the room and Marius still hugged to his legs. He didn’t want to touch those stuffs but then he was attracted to the teddy bear with a bag with it. “Marius.. I’m here…” Rin’s voice came across in his mind. He took the teddy bear and played with it. He opened the bag and saw a lot of papers in it. He read one by one but then stopped flipping when he saw this.

I made another copy of these memorial things so that if I lost the original, at least I have another copy of them. My memories with him will never fade as I left all these things everywhere. This teddy bear was a good friend of mine before I met Marius-kun. I told everything to Mr. Teddy and he knew a lot about Marius-kun and Shori. I even told him that I hate Sugawara. Mr. Teddy had been always with me when I’m feeling happy or sad and he is always standing by my side. One day, I decided to burry all these stuff in this hut because my late father was the one who built this hut and he was the engineer for this man-made island and Recreation Park. I went here for almost the time after mom married to other man which is my current stepfather.  

It turned down when the wooden bridge was broken and the government were never want to repair them before dad die. These were left untouched and I had always played at this hut. Today, is the day where I will leave these memorial stuff and I want to show the people who found this that I have stepped into this hut. In Mr. Teddy bag is where I wrote all my happiness and sadness before I leave.

I’m having a brain cancer and I will not live long. It is better for me not to tell Marius-kun how much I love him from the first and I won’t hurt him since he doesn’t know about it. My vision is getting blur and my head is thumping as if it is going to break the wall of my head. It is so painful. Ah, if you find these stuffs, there are musical box, teddy bear and photos, please give this to this address. But if Marius-kun found this, please keep them safely and you will feel my presence from my teddy bear.

My second soul is in Mr. Teddy. Tell him anything and I will hear you Marius-kun. I will. Mr. Teddy will be at your side, okay?  Waaa, what should I say? I think I don’t have anything else to say and bye bye! ~ Haruka Rin ~

Tears started to roll down to his cheeks. He took the music box and turned the key. As the music is playing, he saw a photo stuck at one of its drawer. He pulled the drawer and found the same pictures that Shori gave him during Rin’s funeral day. He put away the music box and the red velvet box at his table lamp while he left the teddy bear on his bed.

The next day, Marius went to school as usual. He acted normal like nothing happen to him. The girls started to circle around him and asked so many questions. But then there is a girl confessed to him but his expression was never change; blunt. He let the girl finish talking and replied a simple sentence. “No. I don’t have any feelings towards you.” He said bluntly in front of the crowd.

The girl cried and ran away. The other girls were squealing saying ‘Marius-kun is so cool!’ , ‘You are so handsome!’ but none of it Marius have take it serious.

Marius POV

“Marius-kun, I saw this bracelet at one of the jewelry shop and the partner has Rin’s name. But why do you have the same pattern? I asked, that is only custom made and by any chance......do you like her, Marius-kun? Why do you like an ordinary person like her? I’m better than her. Don’t you think? She looked so simple…” Her words made me boiled in the inside.

“DON’T YOU DARE TALK ABOUT RIN-CHAN LIKE THAT?! YOU DON’T KNOW HER!” I blurted and my hand rose to give her a hard slap but then she already shut her eyes and her hands covered her face. The crowd became quiet and that time I realised I became sensitive when it comes to Rin-chan. “Sorry.” I said and left them behind.

School ends and I rushed to my room to take a shower and a short nap. It was a tiring day though and a lot of things happened including the girl I blurted in front of the public. Suddenly, I saw myself walking into a dark place and it dissolve into another dimension. In front of me right now is an empty room but then someone came. I wanted to run away but my feet couldn’t move. I froze at my spot when I saw the person that entered the room is Rin-chan. She was sitting on the wheelchair and there is a maid pushing her wheelchair towards the dressing table.

“Young mistress, do you want me to help you finish writing your letter?” The maid asked.

“No. It’s okay. I wanted to write them on my own although I can’t see anymore. At least I give a try.”

“Okay, young mistress. If you need help, just press the bell next to you.” She said again and left the room. I saw Rin-chan was trying to look for the pen, touching every part of the table and she found it. She took the pen and started to write on a piece of paper. I saw she is shedding tears while writing and she started to pant for her breath. Rin-chan fell from the wheelchair and I was about to run and help her but my legs couldn't move. I tried but I can't.

I can't do anything. I can only watch her, suffering in pain. She screamed and squeezed her head with a pen held tightly in her hand. She slowly shut her eyes and tears started to fall from her eye lashes as her hands, slowly drop on the floor. “Rin-chan! Rin-chan! Wake up!! Don’t leave me here!”

“Rin-chan!!!!!!!!!”

Narrator’s POV

Marius woke up from his sleep in instant. He sweat a lot in his sleep. From that moment, he believed that Rin is already died. While waiting for the next spring to fall, months had passed. Marius became passive and cold towards all girls in his school. A lot of girls confessed to him but he rejected them all in one.

He walked to his locker and unlocked it. A raining secret admirer letter from his locker but Marius took them and put in a plastic bag. He then threw it into the trash can. He promised to himself, ‘although Rin-chan is not with me anymore but I will always be at her side. I’m loyal to her. The only one.’


Marius is now 17 years old boy and today is the 3rd January. School starts as usual and he didn’t meet Shori and Sayuri anymore for more than 2 months. He was rushing to his class and accidentally bumped into a girl in front of him. He said sorry and the girl bowed to him as an apology. It was unexpected that the girl he bumped into earlier confessed to him. He didn’t think a lot and accept her propose. The news spread all over the school and many of the girls cried because Marius got into a relationship with a girl they had never known, exist in their school.

Shori realised something is different in Marius. He was not very pleased the way Marius treats his girlfriend as rubbish. “Marius, I want to talk to you for a while.” Shori said. Sayuri pulled his girlfriend away while Marius and Shori walked the other way.

-Marius and Shori-

“If you don’t like her, break up now. I don’t like the way you treat girls like that. What are they? A stone to play with?” Shori scolded and his tone rose.

“Who are you to control me?! It is my decision on what I want to do with her!” Marius blurted.

“It is my job to make sure you are okay and this is not okay. If you don’t like her, break up. Don’t hurt her you rascal!!”

“You are nobody to me!! Go away before I scratch your handsome face!” He shot back and turned around, leaving Shori behind.

“Rin-chan told me to take care of you and don’t be a bad boy. She wants you to stay happy and go lucky like she met Marius last two years during winter!” Shori shouted back. Marius stopped at his tracks and he couldn’t say anything. His memories with Rin-chan haunt him back.

“SHUT UP! SHUT UP! I DON’T WANT TO HEAR ANYMORE!! JUST SHUT UP!!” He shut his eyes and both his palms covered his ears. Shori came near to him and saw he is still wearing the bracelet that he gave to her last year.

“So you still like Rin-chan. Remember, Rin-chan will be watching you every time. If you don’t, you won’t be wearing that bracelet anymore.” Shori said. Marius remained silence as his eyes were closely shut. “Give me that bracelet and everything that Rin-chan had given to you. You don’t like her right?” Shori added and was about to press the lock-key of the bracelet.

“NO!” Marius pulled his wrist and pushed Shori away, making him fall on the ground. Marius ran away and covered the bracelet with his hand.

Marius ran out of the school compound while his hand was still holding the bracelet tightly but he bumped into someone for the second time. The two of them fell and Marius stood up, dusting his clothes off. “Watch where you we-” He froze as his eyes met with the girl’s. She smiled to him making Marius to shut a thousand words.

“Tanaka Yui. Let’s go. We have an appointment with your doctor.” A middle-aged woman said. “Yes, mother. Sorry again.” She bowed to Marius and left him behind.

“Rin-chan? Is that you……really you?” 


YAY !! Another update is up. Actually it is a remake. Pardon me for grammar or spelling mistakes. I'm so lazy to check again xD "Hope you like this and please save your tears for the next epilogue my ♥ xD Direct message me okay~ Papai everybody" Listen to their song y Zone - Milky Way. A nice song that sometimes make me almost shed my tears. *okay okay enough*