エピローグ 一

Cold Spring

Narrator’s POV

After the funeral, Shori sent Sayuri and Marius back home. Marius was the last person after Sayuri. He was sitting at the passenger behind next to Shori as the driver pressed the break paddle hard, Marius still keep quiet and starred at the leather seat in front of him.

“Marius, we are here.” Shori said as he glanced through the window of his car. But Marius didn’t reply him and constantly quiet at his spot. “Marius Yo!”

“Yes? Yes?” He finally snapped out.

“Don’t forget tomorrow we are moving into our boarding house.”

“Oh okay.” Marius thanked Shori and he walked into his house, searching for his bedroom. After Shori sent Marius back he was suspicious with the way Marius is acting. He knows that he is having mental breakdown because of the sudden news about Rin but he is not that usual Marius that he used to know.

“I feel something bad is going to be after this. Which, I can’t predict much. Hope what I feel is only my hallucination but not going to be reality.” Shori said to himself.

The next day, he went to school and met Marius along the way. He looked normal but just a little bit pale on his face. “Morning.” He greeted while holding onto his bag strips; hanging on his shoulder.

“Morning.” Marius replied with a smile but then it faded away.

“Luckily today is the weekend. At least we have time to spend together.” Shori said. Marius just nodded to his statement.

Marius POV

I can see Shori is really trying hard to cheer me up. But sorry Shori, I am not in the mood to talk about anything. I would prefer to stay alone in my bed. The two of us went to our room and glad that I get the same room as Shori. I tossed my bag to the side and dropped myself on the bed. Sighing out loud was the best thing I have ever done so far.

“Hey Marius. Cheer up. People come and go. Whatever it is, you still have to continue your life. Doesn’t mean she has gone then you bring your soul with her. I’m still here Marius. I’m still alive. Sayuri is still with us.”

“I know that. But it won’t change the fact right? That Rin-chan had left me, forever. I know I have to move forward but I just can’t for now.”

“I understand but don’t take too long. We are going to sit for exam. At least make her proud with your grades.” Shori patted my shoulder and went into the kitchen.

It was not quite long ago I met her. If I calculate it back, it was only about 4 months and she left. I have to think this way, it would be better she goes than suffering the pain. That will break my heart every time I have to see her shedding tears. My other half doesn’t want to but although they are forcing me to get Rin-chan back to life, nothing is going to happen.

Since it is weekend, I decided to make a visit. I put on my shoes and went to a flower shop that mom always go to buy flowers for her friends. I choose some of them but I don’t know what her favourite flower is. Even this kind of thing I never take notices. Aish!

    I like white roses.

Her voice. Her voice came across. Yeah, she said that before. Okay. White roses. I bought them and walked to where Rin-chan’s ashes were kept. The best part is where that place is not far from school. I can visit her anytime I want. More or less, I can cure my loneliness with her. I walked into a room at the second floor and looked for Rin-chan’s name. Then I saw, Haruka Rin. It was next to her father.

There was a picture of her with her father and….myself. I placed the flower near to her picture and my gift that I couldn’t make it in time to give to her. “Rin-chan, I came to see you. How have you been doing there? I hope you are fine. I’m doing great here. Trying to. But don’t worry about me, just take care over there. Ah Rin-chan, I brought white roses and a gift for you. These are the gifts that I haven’t made it to give you before you go. It is a bracelet. A custom made and special for our friendship and…. My love for you. I’m wearing another one at my wrist here" I said and raised my left hand. "and we have the same colour. Isn’t it nice? Looks like couple bracelets.”

I took a seat and leaned myself on the wall while my eyes were glued at the second level of the cabinet. “Can I sit here for a while? If I fall asleep, please wake me up okay Rin-chan?” Pointed out my pinky and folded with my other one. I hugged my legs towards my chest and rested my chin on my knees. Without I know suddenly I felt a high pressure is pulling me out from my body.

It is pulling me hard but then something slapped me on my face, making me to wake up in instant. I felt burning on my cheeks and turned to the front. I saw Rin-chan is in front of me. She wore a white-light peach dress. Her hair was tied in high ponytail and was smiling to me. “Don’t worry about me. I will always be happy when you are happy.” She said. I can hear her!

“Rin-chan!” I called but she walked away leaving me behind. “Wait for me!” I stood up and ran after her. When I make a turn she was already out of my sight. I ran out from the building and saw her walking towards my school. I ran as fast as I could but she disappeared again. No. It can’t be that I’m dreaming. I slap my face and I can feel it is burning. My palm was red and I guessed it right. I’m not dreaming.

Rin-chan slapped me just to wake me up. She left me the message and walked away. She didn’t even turn around and ignored my calls. I was running after her but I didn’t realise where I’m already in school compound. There was nobody except myself in this big field. I looked around and found nothing, nobody, not even Rin-chan. She disappeared in the thin air.

The bell rings and students started to walk out of the building. Did I skip classes just now? As I remember today is supposed to be Sunday. “Marius-kun!” A girl called. I turned around and saw a girl with Rin-chan’s face.

“Rin-chan? Rin-chan!! Don't go away, please” I hugged her. She stumbled a few steps backward, adjusting to my weight.

"Marius-kun...."

“Hey! What are you doing to my girlfriend?!” What I knew after that I got punched and fell to the ground.

“Marius! Marius! Stop!!” That boy already grabbed my collar and was about to punch me where Shori came and pushed that boy away. “Stop it!”

“He hugged my girl!”

“No. It was an accident!” the girl said. Earlier she had Rin-chan’s face but now it was some random girl that bumped into me.  

“What it is an accident? I saw he hugged you just now!” That boy blurted. Shori helped me up as I dusted off my clothes; wiping the blood away from the corner of my lips.

“Sorry about that.” He apologised. “Marius. Snap it out. She is not Rin-chan. Don’t just bluntly hug any girls that approach you.” He added.

“I saw Rin-chan. It was really her but when you came her face changed.” I replied.

“Rin-chan is not here anymore. You have to know that Marius. She is no longer here. She is already dead.”

“NO! She is not!! I saw her with my own eyes! She talked to me just now. I know I was not dreaming! I have to find her. I have to. She must be here somewhere.” I shouted. I ran around the school compound to look for Rin-chan. The field, netball court, badminton court, swimming pool, but there is no Rin-chan.

“Marius!” Shori called, grabbing my arm and made me turned around. He punched me right in the face, causing me to fall down. “Rin-chan is not here anymore! How many times do I have to tell you?! She is not here! The person that you see is just a shadow of her. You missed her so much until you thought everyone is Rin-chan." Shori's words make me zip my mouth. I wanted to believe in him but somehow I don't and I can't. I trust myself more. I know Rin-chan is still alive. Shori left me in the building. What is happening to me? Why am I like this? I went to her funeral and I saw myself that she was already dead. What is going on with me?! I starred at the floor as my back leaned against the wall. Suddenly someone came and sat next to me.

“Marius-kun. I know it is painful to know someone who you love left you hanging while you are trying to reach her but you must always remember. Her soul will not rest in peace if she knows what is going on with you. Don’t you remember what Rin had said?”

“I’m going out of control. I don’t know what to do. Everything is disturbing. Everything is coming in one time and in my way. I feel so stressful and……………..lifeless.” I replied Sayuri-chan.

“I’m still here Marius-kun. Shori is still here. You can always count on us. You can always ask help from us. We will be there for you. No matter what you have to continue with your life. Isn’t that what Rin asked from you. I’m sure she is watching now.” Sayuri-chan said again.

Narrator’s POV

Sayuri looked at Marius who was burying his face in his legs but then she felt her thin hair on her hands started to straighten up. She felt someone was watching them and shifted her gazes from right to left. There was somebody watching them and that person was wearing a white gown with her hair tied in high ponytail. Sayuri glanced again and she is still there watching them but her face was sad. Full of sorrow.

Sayuri was about to pat Marius while her eyes were glued on Rin but then Rin walked away leaving the hall. Marius tilted his head and turned to where Sayuri was looking at but there was nothing. “What is it? What are you looking at?” he asked.

“Nothing..” Sayuri replied. She was going to tell him but when Rin left the hall; she noticed that Rin doesn’t want Marius to see her. And that moment when she knows she should not tell anything to Marius when she saw Rin. It will break Marius heart, making him out of his mind.

Shori’s POV

I was reading my book at the swing near to my room as my body is facing my room. It was just opposite it. This is a nice place to hang out since the garden is only out of my window. I have no idea where is Marius but then Sayuri came to me.

“Sato-kun, I have something to tell you.” Sayuri said. Her face wrote so many expressions and one of them is showing that she is afraid and shock.

I slid to the side and let her seat next to me; as I put my book away. “What is it?” Crossing my leg onto the other and both my hands hold onto my knees.

“I saw Rin.” Huh? “That is what Marius has been running around to look for her. She is in this school somewhere. What he saw was true. She just came and let myself to see her.”

“Are you sure? Or maybe just your imagination? How can a person who has already died show herself to the living people?”

“No Sato-kun. I’m not lying. I really saw her just now. I saw you were talking to Marius-kun and you left. After that, I had a talk with Marius-kun and suddenly I felt my hair on my arms straighten. That time when I look around, I saw her. Seriously. She wore a white dress and her hair is tied into ponytail.”

“I haven’t seen her yet but I do feel something is fishy lately. I hope what I feel is not true. I just really hope. By the way, where is Marius?” I asked Sayuri.

“He said he wants to go back to his room.”

“Okay then.” Our conversation ends. Sayuri excused herself meanwhile I still sat on the swing. Marius and Sayuri saw Rin-chan and I felt something is not right. What does it mean? I ever heard old people last time said, if a dead person came back to see you means either he misses you or bad fortune is coming. My fingers ran in between my hair as I ruffled in frustration. Maybe I should go and check on Marius.


I turned the door knob and peeked into the room. My eyes were searching for that boy but there is no sign of him. I went to the toilet to check but there is no one. “Where the heck he is?” I fished out my phone and pressed the button hardly to his numbers. But then I heard another ringtone in the room. I turned around and saw Marius’s phone is ringing on his bed.  

“Aish. Maybe he went there.” I ran out from the room and looked for Marius, where Rin-chan’s ashes were kept.  I reached to the front door and pushed slowly as the door was half opened. I looked around and suddenly I heard, “Rin-chan I came here again to see you.” Isn’t that Marius’s voice? I followed the voice and it was at the second floor.

“Is it really you? Just now? I saw you at the front door where you told me not to worry about you and then you walked to our school. I followed you but you didn’t turn around and look at me.” He said, I followed the track to his voice silently.

“Then you disappeared but you appeared again. Is it really you? The girl that I hugged earlier? It is you right? I’m not wrong right? Tell me Rin-chan.” I saw he was tilting his head looking at Rin-chan’s picture. His small body made him looks like a kid calling his lost mother. I hide behind the wall and listen to his words.

“Tell me Rin-chan that you are still alive. Why do I have always dream about you still living and I have a feel that you are still alive. You are here. Somewhere at this area. Please tell me the truth. Please…..” He cried while punching his fist on the floor. “If you already go then show me that you are okay. Why? Why it has to be you….” He sobbed. A sudden where I can feel his pain. His heart couldn’t accept Rin-chan’s leave. I looked down to my feet and sighed. His love is really strong for her that I couldn’t defeat how much I used to love Rin-chan before. He gave everything to her. I lost. I lost to Marius.

At the corner of my eye, I saw a white gown; shining. I slowly turned to my right and saw Rin-chan was standing at the other side of the way; standing behind the railing. She wore the white gown like what Sayuri told me earlier. Oh my God. Is that really you Rin-chan? Her face looked sad and suddenly a tear rolled down her chubby cheeks. She was watching Marius crying. She didn’t even shift her gazes an inch but stick to Marius. Rin-chan, I’m here. Do you see me? I turned to see Marius and he is still there, hugging to his legs and when I turned to Rin-chan she was not there anymore.

“Why are you here, Rin-chan? What do you want to tell us?” 


Well, I came back again to let you read after what had happened to Marius. I hope you like it. Pardon me for any grammar or spelling error. You know me, I'm lazy to check back xD This is the first part of the Epilogue. The next chapter will be up soon // because I can't wait and want to write more. *OMG OMG OMG OMG MARIUS AND SHORI. MY FAVOURITE ! I Love You guys~*