01 - First Encounter

Pretty Yixing

 

Part one

 

Yixing and Jongdae were lining up in front of the ticket counter deciding on what movie they were going to watch tonight.

“Do you wanna watch Silver Linings Playbook?” Jongdae suggested.

“I really don’t feel like watching a stupid chick-flick.” Yixing snapped back as Jongdae backed away three inches from his best friend.

“C’mon Yixing-ah, everybody loves a good love story…” Jongdae said before immediately regretting the stupid decision to speak.

“Is it wrong not to want to watch a film that depicts the lies that love has to offer? Is it wrong that love is a myth and that the people in the movie are acting because they know that love like that never happens in real life and people just live day by day until we all shrivel up and die?!” Yixing yelled as he unknowingly expressed his sarcasm in Mandarin.

“Sheesh, no need to bite my neck Yixing-ah, It’s just a movie…” Jongdae replied as he bowed apologetically to the people around them who were eyeing the Chinese male.

Yixing sighed “I’m sorry Jongdae… I shouldn’t be snapping at you like that, it’s just… I don’t know.”

“Fine, I forgive you, but you have to pay for the popcorn and drinks.”

Yixing nodded in reply “Deal, you wait here while I get the food.”

Jongdae and Yixing parted ways as the Chinese male lined up at the snacks bar. He eyed the menu when he realized that almost everything here was either super unhealthy or unfit for a vegetarian.

Because that was exactly what Yixing was; a single vegetarian male who cared about his health and his cat “Lukai”.

“Hello and welcome to the Cineplex Snacks bar! May I have your order?” The lady at the counter asked.

“Do you have unbuttered, unsalted popcorn?” Yixing asked as the old man in the line behind him groaned to his cell phone about him being too picky.

Hey, it wasn’t Yixing’s fault that he had high cholesterol; it runs in his family. Though he was skinny and might I add had a good body, he needed to be careful of what he put in his mouth.

Yixing chose to ignore his snide remark as he continued to place his order.

“Will that be all?”

Yixing nodded as he paid the total amount; turning around before glaring daggers at the old dirt bag behind him.

As he was about to walk like he won some sort of staring competition he bumped right smack into another person, that person’s drink spilling all over his new shirt from Topman.

“, I’m so sorry!” The frantic looking man exclaimed as he awkwardly dropped what he was holding on the ground next to him before he ran to the snack bar to grab some tissues.

He came back with a week’s supply of tissues in his hands as he frantically tried to wipe the stain off.

“I’m really sorry, I’ll pay for the dry cleaning and everything, heck, tell me where you bought this and I’ll buy one right now! I’m—”

The stranger was cut off when Yixing removed his hands that were practically molesting his clothed belly. The wet shirt sticking to his chest, the outline of his abs now visible since his shirt was white.

“It’s fine, really.” Yixing smiled as he patted his shirt before looking up at the stranger as he locked eyes with the guy who looked almost exactly like his bo—

“Hello?” The guy’s voice snapped Yixing from his endless train of thoughts.

“Suho?” Yixing accidentally blurted out. His heart beating so fast that he was sure that it would pop out of his chest any second.  

“Sorry… my name isn’t Suho, its Joonmyun.” The stranger replied.

“oh…”

Yixing is disappointed but not for long when he heard the stranger speak. “You’re Chinese?”

Yixing eyes widened for a moment. "Yeah... How did you know?"

Joonmyun smiled “Just a feeling.”

Yixing raised his eyebrow “really?”

“Well, that and that I heard you cursing in Mandarin earlier at the ticket booth with your friend.” Joonmyun chuckled as Yixing felt his entire face become hot.

“Sorry about that… I wasn’t feeling well.” Yixing lied, he couldn’t tell this stranger that he thought love was a load of BS when here he was, totally enjoying the feeling of this guy flirting with him.

Damn, Yixing at least hoped this guy was actually flirting with him and not his stupid imagination playing sick games on him.

“I didn’t catch your name?”

“It’s Yixing” The taller replied as they both stared with interest into each other’s eyes.

That sounded corny and desperate, good job Yixing.

“Yixing! Did you get the snacks?!” Jongdae yelled as he skipped towards his direction.

“I-I have to go…” Yixing stuttered as he met his best friend halfway, bidding goodbye to the stranger as he looked back to find that he was no longer there.

“Yixing-ah, who was that hot guy you were just talking to? And what happened to you shirt?” Jongdae teased as he poked the side of his best friend’s stomach.

“I-I don’t know… He accidentally spilled his drink on my shirt and… he looked exactly like Su—”

Jongdae placed his index finger on his best friend’s lips, instructing him to stop talking as he sighed. “Yixing-ah, you need to stop thinking about him. You’re never going to be able to move on until you realize that not every man you meet reminds you of him.”

Jongdae was right; he really needed to stop thinking about Suho. But this wasn’t just any trait that reminded him of his ex; the guy looked exactly like him!

“Jongdae, it wasn’t anything he said or did. He just… looked like him.” Yixing explained as Jongdae rolled his eyes and picked up the plastics bags of popcorn, sodas, and candy.

“Whatever, let’s just go before the trailers start.” Jongdae said as they walked towards their cinema.

“Jongdae is right, you need to get him out of your mind.”

 

---

 

Yixing and Jongdae were halfway through the movie when they both started sniffling. Jongdae handed the elder a tissue as they balled through Jennifer Lawrence’s meltdown.

“This is so sad…” Jongdae commented to which Yixing could only agree. This was why he hated romance films, they always you in and leave you miserable afterwards feeling sad and all alone.

“I need to go the bathroom.” Yixing announced before he stood up and made his way to the men’s restroom inside the theatre.

Yixing opened the door and was greeted by the stranger who he bumped into earlier.

“Hi… again.” Yixing nervously said as they locked eyes through the reflection in the mirror. He was washing his hands when the Chinese male came in.

“Yixing right?” Joonmyun asked as he dried his hands.

The taller nodded “and you’re Joonmyun?”

Joonmyun nodded as he turned around and leaned against the sink; his hands gripping the ledges of the marble counter as he flashed a smile only Yixing could describe as “angelic”.

“I’m glad I got to see you again, I never really got the chance to ask for your number…” Joonmyun said as he sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck.

“My n-number?” Yixing asked in disbelief. He was about to open his mouth to reply when he saw Joonmyun remove his shirt; pulling it over his head before throwing it to the ground next to him.

“Sorry… I just really need to change. I have a meeting later and I can’t go looking like this.” Joonmyun explained as Yixing let out a sigh of relief. He needed to calm his erted mind before his ersion spread to his lower regions.

“ugh…” Yixing unconsciously moaned as he his lips from the sight of Joonmyun’s exposed flesh.  

Joonmyun chuckled as he looked at Yixing with a smirk plastered across his face. “Did you just moan?”

Yixing froze “run! run! run! he’s going to kill your faggity you ert!”

“I...I-ugh…um… well, you see… I—” Yixing’s lips silenced by Joonmyun’s as the taller’s arms instinctively s themselves around Joonmyun’s neck.

“It… wasn’t. an a-accident” Joonmyun mumbled through kisses and breathes as he trailed his tongue down the other boy’s neck, sending shivers down Yixing’s spine; his neck had always been the most sensitive part of his body… well… one of the most sensitive parts.

“What wasn’t an-ahh… accident?” Yixing asked as he felt Joonmyun do wonders with his wet organ.

“The drink I spilled on you earlier… I spilled it on purpose.” Joonmyun replied as he removed his lips from marking the taller’s neck before looking at the eyes of the man he’s been dying to talk to all night. But he must’ve gotten on God’s good side because they did more than just “talk.”

“Huh?” Yixing furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

“I really wanted to talk to you, but, I didn’t know how… So I pretended to “accidentally” spill my soda all over your shirt… I’m really sorry and I meant what I said, I’ll buy you a new one.” Joonmyun confessed leaving Yixing confused yet extremely flattered.

“Why didn’t you just come up to me and say hi?” Yixing asked.

Joonmyun blushed. “I wanted too but you started screaming at your friend so I thought that maybe walking up to talk to you then might've ruined my chances.”

Yixing chuckled as he saw the still shirtless man’s chest turn slightly red. At least he wasn’t the only one in the room feeling flustered.

“Give me your phone.” Yixing demanded before shoving his palm in front of the other boy's chest.

Joonmyun stared blankly at Yixing’s open palm but handed his phone nonetheless.

Yixing typed in some digits before handing the phone back to its owner. This was all new to Yixing; screw Jennifer and Bradley, his film was about to start.

Corny Yixing strikes again… at least he’s not so desperate this time.

“Here’s my number…” Yixing blushed as he gave Joonmyun a light peck on the cheek. “Please call me.”

Nope, desperate Yixing is still here.

Joonmyun nodded as he hugged his cell phone for his dear life against his chest. “I will.”

“ZHANG YIXING!” Jongdae yelled as he slammed the bathroom door open. Scanning the room with a very noticeable smirk spread across his face; his eyebrows wiggling in a suggestive manner before eyeing the man who was still standing shirtless in front of his best friend.

“Oh my, my! What do we have here?” Jongdae asked, his voice two octaves higher as he approached the two flushed faced males.

“Joonmyun… ugh, this is my best friend – Jongdae.” Yixing introduced as Joonmyun hastily grabbed the dress shirt he needed to change into from the counter before putting it on.

Jongdae thoroughly studied Joonmyun’s face when he noticed that he did look an awful lot like Yixing’s ex-boyfriend.

“Ahh… now that I think about, He does look like Su-mph!” Jongdae’s mouth forcibly shut by Yixing’s palm slamming his trap shut.  

“Don’t mind him; he’s a bit mentally challenged.” Yixing nervously chuckled.

“nnnomimnyot!” Jongdae’s protests muffled as Joonmyun watched the two other boys in amusement.

“Anyway, we gotta go!” Yixing announced as he opened the door and pushed his best friend outside, about to follow suit before he felt a hand grab his arm.

“Will I ever see you again?” Joonmyun asked; his voice coated with hope and longing, after all, He didn’t embarrass himself for nothing.

Yixing shyly nodded “Call me and you’ll find out.” He winked before leaving Joonmyun alone in the bathroom with his thoughts.

“You were so smooth Yixing!” He mentally applauded himself, prancing happily with Jongdae beside him as they both headed back to the movie, only this time; romance was something Yixing could get used to. 

 

---

 

Joonmyun ran his fingers over his phone, searching through contacts when he landed on Yixing’s number.

Name: Yixing
Number: 02-------
Info: I really like your abs; I hope you’ll call me. :3

Joonmyun chuckled at the message the Chinese male left him. It reminded him so much of the past.

He placed his palm over his forehead and sighed, he was an for leaving. It was his own selfish desires that drove him to break the heart of the one person that honestly loved him.

He knew he didn’t deserve Yixing back in his life after what he did but he’d be damned if he let this second chance slip away.

He just prayed to God that he wouldn’t screw things up again.

“I’m sorry for leaving Yixing-ah…”

 

 


[a/n] Mystery! Well, this was not angsty like how I planned it to be but oh well. I tried. I hope you enjoyed reading and please don't forget to comment, sub, and up vote!

Oh, and I got my package today containing the REPACKAGED GROWL ALBUM! and guess what? I GOT LAY'S PHOTO CARD! It's so weird because I just changed my profile pic to him shirtless (yum) and I got his card! August is officially declared Zhang Yixing month! XD

I'm thinking about writing a Xiuhan o/s because I'm just really loving Xiumin right now. I can't with that boy X3 Thanks again for reading!