Moving

Finding Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

After their shift was over, Kris waited for Tao to change. He pulled Tao into the parking lot.

“G-ge?” Tao questioned as he was pulled along.

“Come on,” Kris said as he sat on his motorcycle. Tao let out a yelp when he caught the helmet Kris threw at him.

Tao rotated the helmet to and fro as he wondered how to put it on. Kris got off his bike leaned over to grab onto Tao’s wrist, pulling Tao closer. While Kris was adjusting the helmet, Tao could only shyly look down at the ground.

Kris lifted Tao’s chin, “Look up.” Tao blushed as Kris tightened the strap under the chin.

“Okay, get on,” Kris said as he got back on his bike.

“Wh-what about you, ge?” Tao said as he slowly got on.

“I’m good for now,” Kris said as he started the engine. “Hold on tight.”

Tao squealed and hugged Kris tighter as the motorcycle picked up speed. Kris chuckled.

******************************

Back at the parking lot were four slightly jealous boys.

“Well, I want my Baekkie to work with me, so we can go home together,” Chanyeol whined.

Sehun nodded, “Hmmm…”

Kai shook his head, “My Soo babe wouldn’t be able to take the rs.”

“You know,” Chen began, “You’d probably be one of the rs.”

“….Yeah, I guess so…” Kai replied.

It was quiet for a moment until they all burst out laughing.

******************************

Kris and Tao were making their way up the stairs and were about to part ways when a large woman came barreling at them.

“YOU HAVE TO GO!” the lady screamed at Tao.

Tao was taken aback when Ms. Kim ran forward to pull the other woman back, “Please, stop it! He’ll pay it when he has enough money!”

Tao blinked confusedly until the woman introduced herself. “I am Ms. Lee, Ms. Kim’s older sister.” Actually, Tao was still slightly confused after the introduction.

“Umm, nice to meet you, Ms. Lee,” Tao bowed politely.

“Stop with the act!” she yelled. “If you can’t pay up, then leave!”

Tao realized that she was talking about the rent, “I-I’m sorry Ms. Lee, but I already talked with Ms. Kim and – ”

“Stop with the act, I said! You think you can lie and cheat with the polite student act? I don’t buy it! Only my naïve little sister would fall for these tricks!”

Ms. Kim shushed her older sister, “Sister! He’s a good boy!”

“And you’ve known him for how long!” she screeched back.

“A little less than a month,” Ms. Kim reluctantly let out.

Ms. Lee began to laugh, “Oh, dear sister. Stop it! You are so naïve. All men are liars and cheats. You don’t know anything about life!”

Ms. Kim got angry, “No, you stop it! Just because your husband left you doesn’t give you a right to come here begging me for a place to stay, then kicking out my tenants! And just because he was like that, doesn’t mean all men are liars and cheats. This poor young boy will be homeless if we kick him out!”

Ms. Lee let out an aghast gasp, “Is this how you speak to your elders!”

Before Ms. Kim could reply, Tao spoke up, “I-I understand. I-I’ll find a new place within three days.”

“No! Zitao! You can stay!” Ms. Kim assured Tao.

“No, he can’t!” Ms. Lee exclaimed.

“He won’t stay,” a low rumbling voice spoke up.

Ms. Lee was surprised as she looked up. She winced when the man before her glared at her, “Wh-who are you?”

Tao looked up surprisedly. G

Please log in to read the full chapter