Tao's Extra Part Time Job

Finding Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

A week went by. It became routine for Tao to go over to Kris’ apartment whenever the two were free and they would work on their homework together. Tao would sometimes cook dinner and other times, Kris would make instant noodles.

School ended and Tao was at home checking his money over. Tao frowned when he added up the total. He was to pay rent in three days, but did not have enough. He already notified his landlord and Ms. Kim smiled while telling him that he could pay with whatever he had and pay the rest later. Tao was grateful, but he still wanted to pay as much as he could. Tao picked up his phone and scrolled to one of the new numbers he attained. Tao remembered what Suho and Lay said to him before leaving the other night, “Call us if you need anything.” Tao tentatively scrolled his contacts list to Suho and pressed on it.

“Hello?”

“Th-this is Tao.”

“Oh, hello there! What’s going on?”

“I-I ummm.”

“Just tell me!”

“D-do you have any job openings? I have experience as a waiter!”

“Oh, let me ask Lay! I think we can find you something to do.”

“O-okay.” Tao waited while Suho went to ask Lay.

“Hello? Are you there Tao?”

“Y-yes?”

“Are you free right now?”

“Y-yes! I am!”

“Alright, can you come here and start now?”

“Yes!”

“We can work with your schedule when you get here.”

“Thank you so much, Suho!”

“Oh, no problem!”

Tao smiled as he wrote down the address and got ready to go to the restaurant.

******************************

Tao gulped as he opened the doors to EXO Restaurant and Bar. The place looked very luxurious.

“Yo, panda!” Chen waved.

Tao smiled and waved back shyly. Tao spotted Suho and Lay and made his way over.

“So what time are you free until today?” Lay asked.

“Umm, my other part time job begins at six.”

Suho looked concerned, “Is there something wrong? Why do you need to work so much?”

Tao shook his head, “It’s nothing much. I-I just need some extra money.”

After much pressing, Tao finally revealed his current home situation. Suho gasped as he pulled Tao into a hug, “I’ll lend you the money if you need!”

Tao shook his head again, “No, I want to work for it!”

“You can’t make enough in a week! And your schedule is packed. You’ll overexert yourself!”

“Well, I’ll make just enough,” Tao said firmly. “I’ll just work whenever I’m free. And I’ll be fine.”

“What about money for food and other basic necessities?” Suho argued. “If you use all the money for rent, you won’t have any leftover! It’s better if we lend you some money.”

Tao faltered for a moment.

Lay suddenly blinked and turned his head over, “He can eat here before, during, and after his shifts.”

Tao blushed, “Lay hyung! I don’t work that long to have three meals in one shift!”

Lay shrugged, “Whenever you’re hungry, just come here.”

Kai sidled over, “What’s he doing here?”

Suho waved Kai off, “He’s a new waiter here now. Go back to your job.”

Kai rolled his eyes, “Whatever. Anyways, does Kris know?” Kai directed the question to Tao.

Tao blushed and shook his head.

“How come Kris gets to work in the back today, hyung?” Kai whined to Suho.

“Go back to your job, Jongin,” Suho stared at Kai. “He’s only checking up the stock. Stop being dramatic, he’ll be out in a bit. Plus, you like making drinks, don’t you?”

“Not when creepy old ladies are trying to seduce me,” Kai sighed and skulked back to his side of the bar. He brightened up when a group of hot girls were making their way to the bar, “Actually, things are going to get a lot better.”

“Jongin,” Suho said warn

Please log in to read the full chapter