One year ago

If I Forgot You, Then You Were Never Important

one year ago 

You were on your way to the usual spot the two of you always met when the days became too long and busy, and there was no time for the two of you to meet. It was about five minutes later than you were supposed to be their but you knew he wouldn't mind, after all JR was too sweet to be angry with you. Even so you felt that something was wrong, you had been suspicious of the past events that had been happening, usually Jr would be busy only somedays of the week, but it had been two weeks since the two of you couldnot meet properly. It almost seemed as though he was avoiding you, still that didnt stop you from wanting to meet him, he was your boyfriend and you were going to meet him no matter what. You had planned the perfect surprise, you would go to the usual spot which so happened to be his favorite hang out near his work, and you were going at the time that he had a break. The only thing that bugged you was that it seemed a bit rash to go meet him when you hadnt messaged him, JR wasnt very into surprises and that worried you. But you were quite naive, " JR wouldnt be mad if it were me who was the surprise, I'm the love of his life."

Most people would hav thought it were strange to speak to yourself but you didn't, infact you had been talking to yourself about how to deal with any coming consequences and stop the butterflies you had in your stomach. Sadly what you were preparing yourself for wasn't what you had gotten, you had seen something worse and for the first time you had your heart ripped out. 

You were just a few meters away from your destination and were about to run to your boyfriend who seemed to be busy talking to one of his coworkers, when a girl came from behind and greeted him. You froze for a moment but you snapped back into reality when nothing more than that had happened, once again you gained courage and was about to march towards him when something more than a greeting had happened. There was your boyfriend making out with another girl in public, when he never did so with you. Your heart began to contract and your breathing got heavier how could he do something so hurtful, you were now beginning to put the pieces together, how he seemed to to avoid any sign of affection you gave him with "I know" and "yeah" as an answer. Your boyfriend had been cheating on you with another girl. But what made it worse was that he had done so with the new girl in school, who you had chosen to trust as your bestfriend. You couldn't decide what to do but your body knew, you took one step at a time walking toward the two, tears pouring from your eyes, and your mind completely blank. 

You grabbed JR's arm and pulled him from her lips, and looked him in the eyes. For a moment he seemed surprised but all that soon changed.

"Oh, great you finally know now so I don't have to break the news to you! Kim .......... as you can see I like someone else so can we end this?"

You wanted to say no but you heart told you it was over, and because of that your body knew too. Without your consent your hand moved on it own and slapped JR's cheek. Then you turned around and ran as fast as your legs to go.

 

Back to the present

 

JR P.O.V

The newly revealed couple entered the class together hand in hand, and I couldn't stop regretting it more and more. Why had I done that a year ago, what was I to gain from it why did I choose Hye jin over her. But it was over now, she seemed to have forgotten me and she now seemed happier than before. What was it that I was lacking in our past relationship, that I would hurt her like I did. The answer was now a blur I couldn't see anything wrong because she was perfect, even before.

"Oppa, did you complete the assignment we had for homework?" I could hear her ask the hateful boyfriend sitting next to her. Not being able to bear the sight of the I stood up and walked out the room, class wasn't going to start anytime soon and I wasn't going to sit around watching the two flirt. This day was going to be a really long and painful one.