Problems

Me too

A/N Hello new subbies! So it appears to be about six months since I updated this story, and truth be told... I completely forgot about it. Please forgive me! Constant updates will be taking place as exam season finishes for me this week and I have a long summer to write tons of content <3 Thank you and please subscribe! xo

Sehun smiled to himself as he walked down the street, a chocolate milk tea in one hand, a shopping bag in the other. He felt happy with himself and proud he had given up his time and money to help out a stranger. Sehun entered the house to hear the abusive words once more.
                “Sehu..n? Where the have you been?” His mother shouted to him. Squinting his eyes, he slammed the front door and stormed into the living room.
                “What? I already told you!” he screamed at her, “you never listen to me! About an hour ago I left and said I was buying a gift for a friend, I can’t believe you forgot, you never remember anything I tell you! Do you even care?” tears welled up in Sehun’s eyes; all he wanted was a mother who cared for him, who remembered his birthday, who looked after him when he was ill.
                 “Oh, shut up Sehun,” her eyes rolled as she lit up a cigarette, “Did you buy me those spirits I asked for?” Sehun’s eyes trailed across the mess of the living room, there was rubbish everywhere and there was shattered glass by the doorway near a puddle of unidentifiable clear liquid.
                “You’re a joke, do you know that?” Sehun wiped the angry hot tears while gritting his teeth and stormed up the stairs to his neat and clean bedroom. His large bed was in the centre of the room with a big closet opposite; covering the whole wall with the entire front of it as a mirror. To the left of this giant closet, there was the doorway into the bedroom with posters of various famous dancers on it. On the right of the door was a dresser, with drawers to one side of it, the dresser held many things on it: hairspray, CD’s, a money box, boxes of blonde hair dye, and of course, receipts upon receipts from clothing stores because above all things; Sehun loved shopping. Above the dresser there were many pictures of Sehun and his sister from when they were children, happily smiling away in cute matching clothes. Back when the only things Sehun had to worry about was what he was having for dinner or how long he would have to wait for Christmas, when there was no talk about terminal illnesses, or depressed parents.
                Sehun laid the plastic shopping bag on his bed and went to his cupboard to get some wrapping paper, it was Jongins birthday party in a couple of weeks and he had brought him a new tartan scarf with a matching beanie. He smiled happily to himself as he forgot the argument he had with his mother just seconds before, Sehun sat on his bed and sipped his drink, moments later his mobile buzzed; it was a message from Jongin -

“you’ll never guess what I’ve just seen, come to mine. Now.”
Sehun stared at the screen as his eyes narrowed, but he grinned to himself, Sehun and Jongin were best friends and he loved to go to his house, partially to get away from his horrendous mother, but also because Jongins parents were never at home.

Sehun arrived at Jongins house and knocked twice on the large white door, the door swung open within seconds and Sehun saw him standing there, tight skinny jeans and a striped tshirt, his stubble was growing through and he looked tired, there was a cigarette in his left hand, Jongin smiled at Sehun and his eyes lit up. “Hi Sehun, come in.” Sehun, the fresh faced, clean shaven boy looked into Jongins seemingly troubled eyes and walked in, giving his best friend a pat on the back. “How are things Jongin?” he said, strolling through the doorway and into the large open hallway. The grand staircase was to the left of the hallway and the floor was a dark, almost black laminate, with deep rugs dotted around here and there. Expensive looking paintings hung around the walls randomly, a large silver mirror covered one wall and made the room look even more large.
                Sehun followed Jongin through to the living room, a trail of smoke leading him all the way, “So,” Sehun smiled at his rough friend, “What’s up?” he smiled cheekily and Jongin, looking deep in thought grinned, then took a long drag of his cigarette. Sehun snatched the ciggy out of Jongins fingers and stole a puff, “Come on, tell me!” the younger one frowned and pushed Jongin.
                “Are you alright? You seem a bit…”
                “Ugh, it’s nothing, just my parents are, I don’t know.”
                “ing hell,” Sehun sighed. “I can’t read minds, what’s happened?”
                Jongin smiled hazily, “Basically, my parents want to sell this house.”
                Sehun frowned. Yeah sure, Jongin’s house was absolutely huge, but everyone came here, everything happened here. They had lived here since he was about 3 years old, it’s were he grew up. His parents were filthily rich and spent about 10 percent of their time actually in the house. His mother worked in China and his Dad was all over the place, his business was skyrocketing in the past few months. Sehun noticed this as Jongin turned up to school in a brand new white BMW and almost every day he wore new clothes, Jongin was lazy, his only aspiration was to dance; forever. Sehun and Jongin had been dancing together for almost ten years now but of course, with both parents working their asses off to provide for their bratty son, dancing was not what they wanted for their only son. But Jongin, he was brilliant, he had all the girls he wanted, he had the moves, the looks, the money, everything.
                “It seems my Dad thinks I’m being a little to dependant,” Jongin sniggered and scuffed his boot on the crème carpet. He took another thoughtful drag of his cigarette before tossing it behind him, it landed perfectly in the ash tray, Sehun noticed it was very, very full.
                “Bull,” He continued, “I’ve been living in this place pretty much alone for the past two years, he’s just being a prick, how is that not independent?”
                Sehun thought back on the past few months, how much had happened in this place? Chanyeol getting really drunk and setting the kitchen on fire. Twice. The time when Jongin passed out in the bath and nearly drowned himself. Jongin was independent, kind of. He couldn’t be alone for more than an hour, Social Prince, they call him at school. Parties every weekend, Jongin was labeled “bad influence” ever since he had a fight with a boy called Kyungsoo when they were twelve years old.
                “So, what’s going to happen?” Sehun questioned, refocusing his thoughts on the situation.
                “My dad wants me to get my own place, and um.” He gulped. “A job.”
                Sehun’s eyes widened, “you can work this out surely?” he asked.
                He just laughed, “Oh yeah…” sniggering to himself, Jongin dropped the bombshell, “I saw your precious Luhan just now.”
               

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


“Luhan, I’m back!” proclaimed his mother as she quietly came into the living room, the house keys dangled from her pale fingers before hitting the table with a jingle. She peered around the corner to see her son sleeping on the sofa wearing pajamas, his hair was wet.
                She smiled to herself; glad that he was finally getting some rest and instead of waking him, she left a note by his tea and went back out the house, closing the door softly on her way out.
                It was 4pm when Luhan woke up, rubbing his eyes as he woke up for what felt like the 100th time that day, he rubbed his eyes and stretched before tottering around the room calling his mother. He walked around the house calling his mother, before giving up and flopping backwards onto the sofa. Turning around to get comfortable a shiny plastic cup caught his eye and they lit up as he bounded across the room the table. Beside the tea was a note:
 “What?” Luhan’s eyebrows creased in the middle as he picked it up, it read

‘Luhannie~
you were still asleep when I came home but I have to go back out for work now, I love you.
P.S. this nice boy I bumped into bought you some cookies - and I’ve put them on the countertop for you, funny thing, they’re your favourite – small world isn’t it? He said his name was Sehun.’


Luhan’s eyes widened before he lethargically walked over to the cookies, opening the box he sniffed them, his favourite: lemon and white chocolate.
                “What are you doing to me Oh Sehun??” he screamed into the empty houseas a million thoughts whirled around his mind as he quickly ran upstairs grabbing the new hair dye and locking the bathroom door.