Different

Me too

Monday morning, he gets out of bed, and washes his face, then roots around under his bed to find it; his diary. Most people who use diaries are girls right? Not for this boy, he opens to the middle page to see a picture of Luhan, his school photo, it’s kind of blurry because he had to zoom in to the class photo to get it, he looks at this picture most days, because he sits behind Luhan in class, unable to see his face. He thinks of himself as a freak for doing this as he traces the writing next to Luhan’s face “when you smile, the sun shines”. He smiles to himself and slams the diary shut sliding it back under the bed. He strips out of his pyjama bottoms and puts on black tight trousers and his school shirt and tie. Looking in the mirror, Oh Sehun straightens his tie before walking out of the house.

Period one, Sehun sits at the back staring holes into the blackboard when a small body walking in front of it pulls him from his daydreams. Luhan.

He looks at his messy ruffled blonde hair and the way he smoothly slides into a chair, the way he subtly stretches his legs and impatiently taps his foot as the teacher writes painfully slowly onto the board.
“You’re staring at Luhan again, Sehunnie.” Whispers Jongin into his ear.
“W-what the hell Jongin! I’m not.”
“You definitely are, little one.”
“Shut up I’m looking at the board.”
“OH SEHUN WILL YOU STOP CHATTINGI CAN HEAR YOU.”
“Sir, it’s not m-“
“Would you like to share with the class what you’re chatting away about Sehun?” Mr Wu demands.
“Um, not really, teacher.” Sehun stuttered, causing a chorus of giggling from the back of the class.
“Oh, really? That’s unfortunate, detention for disrupting the class.”
When Mr Wu turned back round Sehun glared at Jongin, who was casually chewing on gum.
“What the hell, Jongin!”
“Don’t blame me, blame your hormones.” Sehun blushed, it wasn’t fair! He had been in the lesson less than 10 minutes and he already had detention. He sighed and puffed out his cheeks, hiding his red face in his hands until the end of the period. The rest of the day breezes by for Sehun, until detention, he sits around with Jongin until lessons begin and stares into Luhan’s back during the lessons, ignoring Jongin’s teasing.

Sehun gets home 2 hours late, still blushing from what happened at school.

It was end of school, most people had already gone home, but Sehun was stuck in detention, Mr Wu decided to make Sehun clean out the cupboard as part of his punishment, after already having to write out 100 lines of “I will not talk in class” Sehun hated Mr Wu, he had only had detention with him once before and he punished him harshly where other teachers would just scold him and carry on with their day. It happened when Sehun was carrying a large pile of old textbooks from Mr Wu’s classroom to the rubbish bins, he turned sharply around the corner, the pile of books so high that it blocked his vision, and slammed into something soft, the books fell down like jenga, toppling to the side, revealing a startled Luhan, now standing opposite Sehun, his mouth wide open, textbooks all over the floor.
“Oh crap,” Sehun whimpered after 10 painful seconds of staring at Luhan.
“I’m so sorry...Sehun” His heart almost skipped when Luhan said his name, he said it so beautifully and he stood there completely in awe and shock, he was less than a metre away from Luhan’s face.
“I’ll, um, get that” said Luhan, blushing, his eyes shooting to the ground. He bent down on the floor and started stacking the books back up.
“No, it’s fine, leave it.” Exclaimed Sehun as he started making his own stack of books, it happened when they both reached for the same book, almost as if it was in slow motion, Sehun’s hand brushed Luhans. The sensation jolting through Sehun’s body was immense and he craved to touch Luhan’s hand once more - but the older boy just cringed away from the touch and stepped back.
“I’m – I’ve got to go, um, sorry.” Panicked Luhan, half walking, half jogging away from Sehun, leaving the younger one staring after him. Sehun leant against the wall and slid to the ground. He was so nervous around Luhan, usually he could talk to anyone he wanted, however he wanted, but today was different because Luhan was different.

“Sehun!” Barked Mr Wu, oh crap, this was all Sehun needed, all he wanted was to go home and cry into his pillow.
“Yes..?”
“You can go now.”
“But, the books?” stuttered Sehun, the usually harsh teacher surprising him.
“I’ll do that, you’re here much later than I intended you to be, go on, go home.”

Sehun almost ran all the way home, and landed onto his soft bed, panting from the long journey.
Sehun grabbed his diary and began to scrawl.

Luhan, he’s strange, he’s different, he makes me feel things I didn’t know I could feel, his eyes are bright and beautiful... the subtle touch we shared today made me need him even more. I want Luhan, but he’s afraid, I saw it in his eyes the moment before he ran away. The way he reacted to our touch was similar to the way someone would react if you shot their dog. I don’t understand Luhan, but I know that I want to, I know that I will.


“Minseok!” Luhan wailed down the phone.
“What’s wrong Luhan?” his troubled friend replied.
“Sehun.”
“What?”
“I ran into Sehun today after school, literally.”
“And?”
“Minseok,” Luhan took a deep breath, “Sehun touched me.”
“Really? What? Did he try anything? Are you ok?” Minseok stuttered.
“No, it, it was an accident, but.”
“But?”
“I don’t know, he seems different, nice.”
“Nice?! Do you even know who he is? He hangs around with Kim Jongin. Bad influence, Luhan.”
Luhan stretched out on his bed and rolled over, poking one of his toys. “You don’t know that, when was the last time you talked to Jongin?”
“Middle school.”
“Exactly, aish! Tell me what to do, I’m confused about Sehun.”
“Well, what’s the problem? You bumped into him, and you apologized, there’s nothing more to it.”
“Minseok, I don’t know, it seems kind of rude that i walked away leaving him with a mess, don’t you think I should give him a sorry present?”
“It’s up to you, Luhan, but I’ve got to go, sorry.” And he hung up.

Stupid Minseok, thought Luhan, as he slammed his cell phone onto the chest of drawers next to his bed. The entire night, Luhan struggled to sleep, he couldn’t stop thinking about the mysterious Oh Sehun, maybe Minseok was right, maybe Sehun was a troublemaker, why else would he be in detention. But he seemed so sincere, helping him pick up the books even though it was Luhan’s fault. He had heard about Sehun from the girls, he was a smooth talker, but why was he so shy in front of Luhan? The last thing in Luhan’s mind as he drifted off was the image of Sehun’s face brightening when their hands accidentally touched. The way it lit up made Luhan think the “accident” wasn’t something Sehun would be forgetting soon.

Although it was awkward for Luhan, touching someone he had never met before, he longed to meet Sehun again.

“Stupid Sehunnie.” Muttered Luhan as he dreamed about his day.