Chapter 4: Not giving up

Love Me Like Coffee

Author's POV:

You felt really down right now and without noticing, tear're rolling on your cheek. You've promised not to cry and also you would feel like you're too weak to cry, as a boy. Moreover, you wanted to look strong infront of everyone, especially your brother, Chanyeol. You wanted to show the strong image of yours and didn't want to lose your pride as well, but you can't help it. You've ready prepared your mind for facing all these but you didn't expact that it's that hard. You hugged you knee and sobbed silently. No, I can't give up. Park Jihae is not the one who give up easily like this. 

"Are you okay?" A solf voice could be heard. You jerked your head up a bit. Since it's raining, no one could notice that you're crying. "What are you doing here?" He raised his eyebrow. You felt a bit embarrased and you tired to stand up but since the ground is slippy, you felt over again. He chuckled a bit. Your sadness was covered by embarrasment now and you avoided his gaze. After a while, you found some courage to look at him. He offered his hand.

"Come on, you'll catch a cold if you stay under the rain like this." At first, you wanted to reject but seem like he wanted to help you with his real heart, you gave up and reach his hand. 

Now, both of you were sitting on the seat which is located nearby. He closed his umbrella and put it beside "What happened to you? Was someone abandone you?" he asked you gently.

"None of your bussiness." You coldly said. Yes, you didn't want to looked girly so you tried to be cold. He chuckles and you raised an eyebrow. 

"You look like a girl." He smirked. You glared at him. "By any chance, did you get reject from that shop?" He point at the Java Jolt, which make you felt sad again. 

"I work there" You eyes grew big and you looked at him, making sure you are not confused. "Don't give up. Actually, I was rejected so many times as well before I got acceptance." You sighed. Yeah, don't give up. 

The rain has stopped so you decide you go back. "We are going to meet each other again." He shouted and you turned your back. "I'm Luhan, you?"

"Call me Ryan. Bye" You walked away.

 

Days passed by, you keep trying hard and also, with Luhan's help. He's such a nice guy. At first you ignored him, but after then, both of you getting closer and closer. You were being rejected many times already but you won't give up.

"How many times have I told you to not come back here again?" Kris said coldly

"Hundred times maybe." 

"So?"

"Please. Being in coffee shop and worked there is my dream. I've been training and learning in foreign countries and have an experience. Please" You almost fell on your knee. He glared at you.

"I won't repeat what I've said." He walked away again. You sighed deeply. 

 

You walked in a park and you spotted a boy with his mother. He seemed sad and his mother kept blaming him.

"Reaching a dream is not as easy as you think. Moreover, you've learned a lot already."

"But mom, that's my dream. I won't be focused because that's not my dream."

"What's so good about that? Just serving the guests and cleaning and whatever. How about being a doctor? Being a doctor could gain you many income and your future become bright as well."

"But his dream is not being a doctor" You butted in and you walked toward them. "Follow your dream and it won't let to you to bad way. I'm sure he has his own reason"

"Mind your own bussiness" The boy's mother glared at you. "Who are you that could talk to me like that huh?" 

"But I-" You were cut "Noona go away. I-I can do this by myself"

"I wonder how come. Young kids these day always have decision without thinking deeply and end up being regretted like that." She said in a mocking tone. "And you" She pointed at you "Get away. It's my family problem, not yours"

"Because I also had my own dream that's totally oposed by my family members too." You said. Both of them looked at you. 

"I'm counting, 1,2-" 

"Follow your dream and it won't let to you to bad way." A voice could be heard from nowhere. Three of you turned your head. Your eyes grew big and your jaw dropped. 

"Let's go" He coldly said. You're still in shocked but then you followed him obidiently.

 

"Thank" You muttered. You still felt a bit awkward around him. He ignored you and listened to music in his ipod. You cursed him. 

"What do you mean by your dream was being oposed by your family?" He asked without looking at you.

"Well, that's my own dream. I dropped school to study about coffee and my family hate it." You looked down. "But I'm not giving up, till they officially allow me to study it." 

"I'll give you a chance."

"w-what???"

 

A/N: Another late update. -sigh- I'm running out my ideas ;-;