Silence

Broken

Silence...

  That's how every morning was for Jun Min. Each and every morning he'd awake from the temptations that awaited him in dream land to his daddy's soft smile and doe eyes, each feature similair to his own. Last nights dream Jun Min dreamt of a family of penguins. There was a daddy penguin, a mommy penguin, and a big eyed baby penguin unified as a family. Eating the caught fish that was provided as a family. Something Jun Min couldn't do. Not that he wanted eat raw fish, that was gross, but he did want his family to be together. He also wished his dad didn't do the things he did to make him hate him so much. But Jun Min never considered himself a lucky person. Taking his small pale hands and wiping the sleep out of his half lidded brown eyes Jun Min sat up to hug is Kyungsoo.

"Good Morning Jun Min," Kyungsoo  lightly pecked Jun Min's cheek before sending him off to the bathroom with his day clothes while he went to finish preparing breakfast. 

    In the bathroom Jun Min always did his morning routine which consisted of him using the toilet, washing his face, and brushing his teeth quickly. If he took too long then he'd come encounter with his dad, who he tried to avoid at most times. It wasn't that his dad was bad, he was awful, but only when he was drunk. He was drunk 75% of the time when he wasn't working. The other 25% consisted of silence, his dad almost never talked when he was sober. Today happened to be one of those days when Jun Min took too long in the bathroom, the knock on the door reveberated in his ear. That was indication for him to get out ASAP. It's not like it was Jun Min's fault for dozing off while he brushed his teeth. His parents late night arguments (mostly consisted of his dad spewing drunken nonsense at his daddy) kept him up and the book he was indulged in to try and take his mind off of the yelling.

   Jun Min quickly put on his yellow t-shirt before opening the door, greeted to his dad half awake and glaring down at him. He quickly brushed passed him to go to his room. Once in his room he grabbed his journal that rested on his wooden desk because he had something to say.

September 3rd, 2012

Dear Ilji,

I've told you about my dad before...I really can't stand him. His glares always make me feel like I'm worth nothing.  I can't focus on him right now because I still have to prepare for school. You know you're coming right? It's going to be fun having you as a friend to walk the hallways with. Right now I'm going to put you in my backpack, see you soon.

     Jun Min carefully put his journal in his backpack before leaving his small dark blue room. His nostrils were enticed with the sweet smell of pancakes as he walked into the kitchen where his daddy was placing his favorite Pororo plate down on the granite kitchen island. Jun Min was trying to get up on the tall black bar chair but even with his stepper he was too short to climb onto the chair. Kyungsoo watched in awe as his petite son struggled to get on top of the chair. Jun Min was always writing to him complaining about how short he was and how the girls in his class were taller than him. Kyungsoo always told Jun Min that he would have his growth spurt sooner or later...if he took after his dad. In which Jun Min would scoff and write he wants to be nothing like his dad. That always made Kyungsoo's heart ache. Seeing that Jun Min was never going to get on top of the chair all by himself Kyungsoo decided it'd be best to help Jun Min. With two swift steps Kyungsoo lifted Jun Min from behind and sat him in the bar chair. Making sure to sit down next to him once Jun Min was comfortably seated.

  Jun Min stared at his pancakes. Sure they looked delicious, all of his daddy's cooking was delicious, but he wasn't exactly hungry. Jun Min never really had an apetite, that was the main reason he was so thin. Jun Min had always been deemed underweight whenever he attended the doctors office. The nurses that weighed him gasped at his weight before telling him to take his vitamins and eat plenty of food. Kyungsoo was looking at him, probably wondering why he wasn't eating Kyungsoo is always concerned about his eating habits. 

"Jun Min breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I made your favorite," Kyungsoo smiled as he pushed the plate closer to Jun Min.  The pancakes were his favorite, the  small circle ones with blueberries. But he still wasn't hungry. He wanted to talk with his daddy, not eat. To Jun Min's left was a small panda notepad and a blue ink pen he always kept on the kitchen island whenever he wanted to talk. Quickly stretching his arm to retrieve the pen in his left hand and the notepad he started to write.

Did you sleep well?

With a short sigh Kyungsoo took the pen from Jun Min's hands and placed it in his right hand. Jun Min was always the one to change a topic whenever he didn't want to do something. To be completely honest, Kyungsoo did not have a good sleep. Arguing with Jongin the life out of him, especially when he felt so guilty. It was always back and forth with Jongin. The arguments were extremely repetitive but Jongin always knew how to make the hurtful words sting into Kyungsoo's mind. He wondered if Jun Min could see the bags under his eyes or the red rings from constantly wiping tears from his eyelids. 

I slept like a baby~ How did you sleep my angel?

Jun Min narrowed his eyes at Kyungsoo because he knew his daddy was telling a lie. He really didn't like when his daddy lied about his health. It was something Kyungsoo did way too often. Like the time when his daddy had gotten the stomach flu. He asked Kyungsoo what was wrong with him, the answer he got was "I am perfectly fine." then soon after Kyungsoo ran off to go puke. But Jun Min always understood that his daddy only said those reassuring words so he wouldn't stress out too much. Jun Min was very sensitive about his daddy's health, his daddy was the only one he really loved. Jun Min thought about his sleep and he remembered he himself did not have that great of a sleep, but he didn't want his daddy to know that. Taking the pen from Kyungsoo's hand Jun Min jotted down a response.

My sleep was great

Jun Min knew it was bad to lie, but he always knew there were exceptions. Like in this case. Kyungsoo took the pen again and wrote down what was on his mind

Can I ask why you're not eating? You usually love blueberry pancakes

I do love blueberry pancakes...it's just I'm not hungry at the moment. I usually get hungry around lunch time.

"You know your homeroom teacher called me the other day. He said ever since the first day after your summer vacation you hadn't been eating lunch at all...care to explain that?" Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow at Jun Min, who's eyes got extremely big. Last Tuesday Jun Min's teacher had called and informed Kyungsoo Jun Min wasn't eating lunch and instead going to the window ledge to read until the period finished and it was time to go home. Kyungsoo was shocked to hear the news at first, until he thought that Jun Min didn't like the food the school served. Kyungsoo quickly thought he would solve the problem by sending Jun Min off to school with his lunch, but every night when Kyungsoo went through Jun Min's bag for homework check he'd find the same amount of food he sent off. Jun Min did eat breakfast sometimes but knowing that he was skipping both breakfast and lunch certain days concerned Kyungsoo.

I promise to eat the pancakes only if you eat it with me

Well atleast that was something.

Deal but only if you drink your pediasure after you eat

But that stuff is gross

Gross or not it puts meat on your bones and you have a bunch in the refridgerator I refuse to let go to waste

    With a sigh of defeat Jun Min nodded his head and listened to what his daddy said. Cutting the small blueberry pancakes into fours with his safety knife and putting the first fourth into his mouth. Jun Min forgot his daddy's pancakes were heaven. Once he took the first bite the sadness he did have immediately went away. The second fourth he had on his fork went into his daddy's mouth, who smiled right after.

"Do you like them?" Kyungsoo asked and Jun Min nodded quickly while stuffing another fork full of pancakes in his mouth. It was always cute to see Jun Min stuff his face since it was so rare. The only thing Jun Min really pigged out on was blueberry pancakes and gummy bears. Jun Min could eat a whole bag of gummy bears in one sitting, it was ridiculous. Once Kyungsoo tried to switch out Jun Min's gummy bears with some Gummy vitamins and Jun Min spit them out immediately. Kyungsoo knew he failed with that. They both finished the pancakes in about 5 minutes since Jun Min took his time to cut the pancakes. Kyungsoo still remembered the deal he had made with Jun Min and got the 8 ounce bottle of Pediasure from the fridge which Jun Min frowned at. Sitting the bottle down on the counter island with a red bendy straw, Kyungsoo told Jun Min to drink up before going to the sink to wash the morning dishes.

   Jun Min did as he was told and took the first sip of the god forsaken drink after he inserted the straw. The taste was awful as the liquid antagonized his tastebuds. The drink tasted like vitamins and old people chocolates. 5 small sips in and he was so done with drinking the drink but a promise was a promise. Jun Min grabbed his nose with his left thumb and pointer finger, before downing the drink. He almost choked when his dad walked into the kitchen dressed in his work attire.

"Good Morning Jongin," Kyungsoo said as he continued the dishes. Jongin ignored Kyungsoo completely as he went over to the cabinet to get his coffee mug. Kyungsoo already knew Jongin was going to ignore him but he still liked to say good morning even though they argued non stop, it was the polite thing to do. Jongin proceeded to bring the coffee cup to the coffee maker on the counter. Putting the coffee capsule into the appropriate spot before waiting for the freshly brewed coffee to finish emptying into his cup. Kyungsoo noticed something else in Jongin's hand when the coffee was done and it made him a little angry. Without even acknowleding Jun Min's existance, Jongin unscrewed the small bottle of portable vodka in his hands and poured it into his coffee. Taking a sip of the concoction Jongin let out a long sigh, his head was aching. "Don't you think it's a little too early to be drinking?"

"Don't you think it's the perfect time for you to mind your own business? Because that's what I think," Jongin spat before taking another gulp of his beverage. Kyungsoo was about to say something else until Jun Min pulled at his pantleg and gave him the empty Pediasure bottle with a sad smile. Jun Min really didn't  want to see his daddies fight so early in the morning. He just wanted his daddy to ignore his dad's stupidity and get on with the day. Kyungsoo swallowed the words he did have for Jongin and took the empty bottle from his son before throwing it in the recycling can. 

"Good job Jun Min! Now you're going to be strong and healthy," Kyungsoo chimed while giving Jun Min a huge hug and kiss. Jongin finished downing his drink before throwing the cup in the sink, the glazed ceramic hitting the stainless steal reveberated into the kitchen air and made Kyungsoo jump. Soon Jongin was stomping out of the room muttering incoherent words under his breath. The sound of the front door slamming came 7 seconds later. "I guess it's time to go to school."

    Jun Min turned off the light in the kitchen as Kyungsoo walked into the living room to get Jun Min's things together. Turns out he didn't have to put anything together because Jun Min had everything organized and prepared, even his day bag that had his extra items. When Kyungsoo turned around he saw his son handing him his black hoodie while he kept his small panda hoodie, greatest gift Jongdae could have gotten him. Jun Min was very independent and rather complex in the mind for a seven year old, Jun Min's intellegence never failed to amaze Kyungsoo. Once they got their hoodies on Kyungsoo and Jun Min walked out to the front porch to slip on their outside shoes. Kyungsoo locked the door before taking Jun Min's hand and guiding him down the street of Gyeonggi-Do province. Next on their morning check list for Kyungsoo was to pick up Hyun Seo from Baekhyun and send both him and Jun Min to school.

As they were walking some local vendors on the streets were preparing to open up their street shops. Like always Ms. Go was always the first one on the street to have her stand up and ready before 8 o' clock, making sure to have the batter of her world famous Pa Jun made up and ready to be put in a cooking pan. She noticed Kyungsoo and Jun Min walking leisurely down the street and she came out of her cooking tent to greet them with all smiles like always.

"Good morning Kyungsoo and Jun Min," She smiled. Jun Min made sure to bow at a 90 degree angle since she was an adult and he lightly smiled back. Kyungsoo bowed as well but gave her a hug right after, which always brightened the old woman's day. "Kyungsoo are you feeding this boy he's getting really thin."

"Yes indeed Ms. Go but sometimes he refuses to eat," Kyungsoo answered honestly. He couldn't lie to his elders.

"I bet if he stayed with me for about a month I'd have him real thick!" Ms. Go chuckled as she squeezed Jun Min's cheek which he wasn't happy about at all. He hated when people touched his face, especially his cheeks since they were so squishy. Only he or his daddy could touch them.

"Oh I bet you would. It was nice seeing you this lovely morning but I really have to go the kids can't miss the bus!" Kyungsoo smiled as he bowed again and waved the old woman goodbye. Jun Min did the exact thing before grabbing his daddy's hands again and proceeding to walk to Baekhyun's street. As they walked Kyungsoo hummed while Jun Min listened to the beautiful hums from his daddy mix in with the morning winds. The area that they chose to live in was extremely quiet compared to the busy city streets just a couple miles away.

  It was a rare occasion for Baekhyun to have Hyun Seo ready on time. They would usually still be in the house rushing to get the child's things together while spewing apologies at Kyungsoo and Jun Min. But today they were already waiting at the end of the street, Hyun Seo is holding  Baekhyun's right hand and baby Chang Seo in the other hand wrapped up in a blanket. When Baekhyun saw Kyungsoo and Jun Min attempted to wave but he realized that his hands were occupied.

¨Good morning,¨ He yelled really loudly. It was rare for him to be quiet as well, Baekhyun is always audacious. Jun Min went up to Baekhyun and gave him a hug before kissing Chang Seo on the forehead. Chang Seo is getting really big. Jun Min remembers when he was first born 3 months ago and when his Uncle Channie fainted like he always did when he witnessed child birth. Chanyeol is a lost cause when it came to babies. Chang Seo is still asleep with a blue beanie covering most of his face and eyes, the cap was probably Hyun Seo's. ¨How are you two today?¨

¨It was actually a good morning. Jongin only said a sentence before storming out the house like usual and Jun Min ate breakfast today. I would ask you two the same but I already see that you finally cut Hyun Seo's hair so I guess it was a good morning since you didn't have to detangle his curls.¨ Kyungsoo saw that Hyun Seo had retired the perm thank God. Kyungsoo never understood why Baekhyun put a perm in the boys hair...or Chanyeol's. Hyun Seo's hair was now short and cut neatly which looked really nice on the 8 year old. But as always Baekhyun had to do something extra, he but brown hair dye in the boys hair."You dyed an 8 year olds hair?¨

¨It looks good on him,¨ Baekhyun cries while brushing a few loose strands from Hyun Seo's hair back in place. Jun Min thought it was nice since brown fit well with his complexion. He on the other hand wanted his hair to stay black because that's the only color his daddy would let him have. His daddy forbade hair coloring until he was 16. ¨Anyways I have to get the baby back to bed. He's extremely tired from crying half the night...See you all later and boys do well in school.¨

Baekhyun gave Hyun Seo a final kiss on the cheek and Jun Min a kiss as well before walking back down the street to his and Chanyeol's House. Kyungsoo grabbed both Jun Min and Hyun Seo's hand and continued walking to the bus stop that was about 5 blocks away. When Hyun Seo was with them during their morning walks to school HyunSeo and Kyungsoo would always hum together in harmony. Jun Min would listen closely to their humming and admire how well they sounded when they hummed.

¨Uncle Soo?¨ Hyun Seo asked as the three proceeded to walk down a narrow street. The bus stop was only a couple blocks away now. Kyungsoo turned his head and looked down at the younger boy with a small smile. ¨When do you think it's the right time for a kid to have a phone?¨

¨I think it really all depends on how responsible the child is. I say if the child is responsible enough they can have a phone around 11 years old. Why?¨ It was a question that he really didn't expect Hyun Seo to ask but he still gave his honest opinion. He wasn't getting Jun Min a phone until he reached that age because he refused to let his son's developing brain to be brainwashed by the evils of the cellphone. No he was not overreacting.

¨I asked my dad if I could have a phone and he said he'd take it into consideration. So I think I might get a phone,¨ HyunSeo replied. Jun Min was kind of envious. Hyun Seo was getting a phone before him. Jun Min always wanted an electronic device but his daddy was really strict when it came to things such as that. He can only watch an hour of tv each day and two hours on the weekend if he was lucky. His daddy believed that he should be doing something constructive and productive with his day instead of getting engulfed by nonsense that came with electronic devices.

"What would you even do with a phone?" Kyungsoo asked. He was curious what an 8 year old could do with a phone,

"I would probably just call in case of emergencies and play games," Hyun Seo shrugged his shoulders because he really hadn't got that far into his plans of getting a phone. He really only wanted the phone because some kid in school got one and he constantly played Temple Run during break times. He wanted to play the game too. The three arrived at the bus stop a minute early. Kyungsoo began checking the boys to see if they had anything or if they needed anything from the convenience store 2 shops away. Both boys shook their heads. 

"Now remember what's the rules of the bus?" Kyungsoo asked. He asked the kids this all the time, Jun Min never answered but he wanted to make sure Jun Min had an understanding of the crucial rules of the bus. Hyun Seo is the one to recite the list one by one while Jun Min just holds a finger up to indicate which rule was being said.

"The first rule is to stay quiet on the bus since the citizens don't like loud noises," Hyun Seo started off and Jun Min nodded while holding his thumb up. "Second rule is don't talk to strangers unless it's an elderly person in need of help. Third rule is to always get off at stop 122 on Gangnamdaero Gil. Fourth Rule is to always bow to the bus driver. The final rule is to give up our seat if the bus is crowded and someone older wants to sit."

     With a final nod Jun Min put his hands down and back to his sides. Kyungsoo gave the boys a quick thumbs up followed by a great job. The public bus had arrived on time to take them to school. Hyun Seo and Jun Min gave Kyungsoo a hug and a kiss before walking up the steps and bowing to the bus driver. Kyungsoo went in quickly and scanned his phone for the kids bus fare and greeting the bus driver. Stepping off the bus once he was done. Jun Min had chosen a window seat at the center of the bus. He liked when the bus was empty, it gave him more time to daydream without getting odd stares. From the window he saw his daddy waving at him with a small smile. Jun Min waved back until the bus driver announced their departure and the engine pumped really loud.

  Hyun Seo sat next to Jun Min on the plastic bus seats. Their school was 3 stops away and he really wanted to pass time. All there was outside was random citizens trying to rush to their destinations, which was boring.

"Hey Jun Min take out your notepad," Hyun Seo held his hand open. Jun Min went into his smaller bag and pulled out his froggy notepad and matching pen. Him and Hyun Seo always talked like this on the bus when waiting.

Have you been feeling alright?

Hyun Seo cared a lot for his little cousin. Although they were not cousin's by blood and just really close friends, they considered each other like family. Hyun Seo knew the things that happened at Jun Min's house because he would overhear his daddy talking on the phone at times. Though he couldn't comprehend most of what was being said he still knew that his Uncle Jongin was being extremely mean to his Uncle Soo while Jun Min suffered in between the fights. Jun Min took the pad and pen from Hyun Seo's hand and wrote down what he was thinking.

I'm feeling fine...just a little sleepy. My dad was being mean and his shouting kept me up past my bed time.

Sometimes Kyungsoo would look at what they talked about and called Hyun Seo's writing an unknown language because his writing was a little sloppy.

You should come over to my house whenever he's being mean. You and Uncle Soo should come and we could all play the Wii. I have enough contollers for all of us to play.

That does sound inviting but I don't think that would happen. Even though my dad is really mean, my daddy still tries to be very nice to him.

Uncle Soo's mind works kind of funny

Just as Jun Min was about to counter argue and inform Hyun Seo of his daddy's intellegence the bus driver announced their stop. Jun Min threw his note pad into his extra bag and took note to organize the bag again once he got inside. The blue clock at the bus stop read 7:40 which meant Jun Min and Hyun Seo were early like always. Hyun Seo grabbed Jun Min's hand and they walked through the school gates together. The principal, Ms. Lee, was outside watching closely as the kids walked into school. She was a middle aged woman who was extremely strict but nice. Her beaming red eyes turned pink once in awhile. Jun Min had the opprotunity to meet her a couple of times for congratulatory prizes he got for winning school academic contests. Hyun Seo and Jun Min bowed to their principal before going to the front entrance.

"Make sure to take off your shoes, " The disciplinary director, Mr. Cho, hit the wooden stick in his left wrinkly hand on the floor. Jun Min never saw him actually hit a child before...most likely because it did go against the law that was recently passed about students being disciplined, Jun Min read that in a book. But the stick still gave him the chills because he had a fear of being wacked. Hyun Seo is first take of his shoes and slip on his blue school slippers. Jun Min on the other hand stared at Mr. Cho for a short minute before changing into his red slippers.

The cousin's walked up the steps with a couple of other students, making sure to bow at every teacher that passed by until they got to the 2nd flight of steps, Jun Min's stop. The second floor was only for the 2nd graders and Hyun Seo's grade was a floor above his.

"Make sure to meet me at the school gates once you finish cleaning after school. If I'm not there then just wait for me okay?" Hyun Seo informed Jun Min. Jun Min nodded and waved before going down the hallway to his classroom. Most of the kids were already in school. Two of his classmates filling up their water bottles in the sink, a couple of rambunctious boys playing soccer in the hallway, and the rest enjoying their free time in the class. Classroom 4 was where Jun Min belonged. The top kids were in this class since they had the top test grades. Jun Min was number one in school ever since they started ranking kids and he planned to keep it that way.

He put his bag in his locker and pulled out the books he was going to need for the day. Heading over to his desk in the 2nd row of the classroom, he sat down and opened up his journal, that was something he could do until his homeroom teacher arrived.

  Dear Ilji,

    Each time I have something on my mind I will start it off as a new entry. Anyways guess where we're at? In school! In my class is about 28 kids. Out of all of them I am number 1 but I'm not the class president. Being class president recquires me to talk and I am not up for that. The job belongs to Seo Min since she's ranked second. The homeroom teacher is also our Mathematics teacher and he's also my Uncle. During school I call him Mr. Kim but after school he's Uncle Joonie. Classes here are okay but it's annoying that I have to sit next to this girl I despise. Her name is Moon Jimae and just writing about her makes me mad. It was in the 1st grade when I met her and she was extremely nice...until she ate my gummy bears with out asking. That's when things went downhill. 

"Jun Min?" Jimae called him. Jun Min rushed to put his journal away so she wouldn't ask about it or read it. Jun Min turned his head away from her so he wouldn't see her long black pigtails. They were pretty with the red ribbons tied on them but Jun Min wasn't going to admit that, Jimae is his enemy. "What were you writing in?"

Jun Min tapped his foot while looking out of the classroom window. She always tried to talk to him when he clearly wasn't going to talk, and if he did ever talk it wouldn't be to her. Jimae tapped Jun Min and he still looked the other way. When this did happen she usually gave up and went back to talking with her friends.  After 1 minute of tapping the younger boy, which Jun Min thought was never going to stop, the bell rang and she stopped. Jun Min sighed in relief as he remained seated while everyone rushed to their desk. Mr. Kim walked in with a bright smile. Looking immaculate in his work clothes. Seo Min stood up then the rest of the class followed.

"Please greet the teacher," She directed her soft voice to the class. The whole class bowed and said hello to Mr. Kim who nodded and told the kids to sit back down. Jun Min sat back down and took out his math text book. Mr. Kim immediately started writing problems on the chalkboard with multi- colored chalk. Jun Min's first class had now begun.

Dear Ilji,

   Mr. Kim left the room and told us to enjoy our 10 minute break time. He taught well today. We learned how to solve four digit multiplication problems in our heads. It was easy for me to do since I practiced them at home the other day while my dad and daddy were arguing. Since mathematics is over the next class I have is Korean language. My teacher is extremely pretty and nice. Her name is Ms. Jung and she's my favorite teacher. At first I thought she was going to be mean since her face seemed so cold but she is very warm hearted and kind. What she teaches is very helpful to me since I like to read and write. Also after assignments she lets me read my books that I bring to class. The book I brought today was the first Percy Jackson book. Uncle Baek got it for me a couple of days ago as a small gift and I was really happy.

The bell just wrang and I'm about to put away my pencil and replace it with a pen. I will write in you later.

Just as Jun Min put his journal back in his desk and pulled out his pencil case Ms. Jung game walking in with her pretty white summer dress and pink cardigan. Her hair was tied up in a ponytail and a smile was plastered on her face.

"Good morning class. Let's get to work immediately and if you don't understand then please just raise your hand so I can help," Ms. Jung chimed as she erased the excess chalk from the board and wrote ' Intro to grammar'. Jun Min sighed because he knew this was going to be a long class period. Jun Min opened up his Korean language  book and started reading the content as the teacher spoke and explained the lesson. Everyone in the class was focused on what Ms. Jung was explaining while Jun Min was doing questions from the book already. He wanted to be home schooled really badly but his daddy had to work a lot so there would be no one to watch him. Also his daddy told him he needed to be around other kids. Jun Min was almost done with his 3rd problem when Ms. Jung tapped him.

  He looked at her a little surprised because he wasn't expecting her to be by his desk. She bent down to meet eye level with him, never keeping the smile off of her face.

"I see you're getting started with your work early but I just want you to know it's the next page you're supposed to do. Finish that and then you can read your book okay?" She said the final word in English. Jun Min understood and he nodded his head. That was one of the reasons he liked Ms. Jung so much. He turned the page and began to read the problems that were presented. The only thing Jun Min really wanted to do was continue reading Percy Jackson because Percy and Annabeth had just reached the cafe Medusa was in.

Dear Ilji,

  You know how I said earlier about my love for Korean literature class? Well I completely forgot about science class. That is my all time favorite class because of the teacher. I mean the subject itself is alright but the teacher is very cute. His name is Mr. Lee and he's explaining what we have to do today. Sure I'm being sneaky and writing in you but I had to share this with you. Alright I have to do my work and look at the cute teacher. Bye!

  Unfortunately the class period went by too fast for Jun Min. Mr. Lee had just collected Jun Min's paper and ruffled his hair, making sure to tell him what a good job he was doing. Jun Min felt like he was going to die because his face was turning really red. Jimae was about to question it as she sat in her seat but she already knew she wasn't going to get an answer. 

  The bell rang again and the last teacher for the day came in. Jun Min had his least favorite class, Ethics.  Kids learning empathy and what others were thinking within their minds, Jun Min thought it was useless. The teacher was impudent. Mr. Key didn't care what anyone said about what he wore, which was always something ostentatious, He and his co teacher were always together since they were in a secret relationship. Jun Min only found out because he and his daddy saw them on a date one night. Jun Min would have never guessed because Mr. Key doesn't give Mr. Jonghyun the time of day in the classroom.

"Good afternoon class," Mr. Key smiled as he went to the podium. Making sure to look at the count of students within the classroom, he had a class full like usual. The lesson today was something about the 'Golden Rule'. Jun Min sighed and slammed his head on the desk because he really didn't want to do any of the work but he didn't want to get a bad grade. A tan hand brushed passed his arm and started going into his desk. Jun Min was alarmed when he saw his journal being held by the hand. When he turned his head he saw the hand belonged to Jimae. It was a reflex for him to grab onto the book and pull it back but Jimae was putting up a fight. They both were pulling hard on the journal.

"Let go of it," Jimae said while struggling to get the book. Jun Min decided that he would actually listen to her and he let go of the journal. Jimae ended up falling out of her chair and onto the floor. The journal was open on the floor. Jun Min and about the rest of the class' eyes got big as they all stared at Jimae who was getting teary eyed. The tears started running down her cheek as she cried out about the pain in her arm. Mr. Key went up to Jun Min and ordered him to go outside of the classroom and put his arms out for 10 minutes.

  Jun Min felt like crying because this is the first time he's gotten in trouble and of course it would be because of Jimae. He did as he was told and went outside to do his punishment. Stretching his arms out in front of him, Jun Min began to count down the seconds from 600. Jimae was escorted out by Mr. Jonghyun to the nurse. Jun Min made sure to send her an aplogetic look as she went passed him. It wasn't in his intentions for her to get hurt. But he really didn't want her looking in his journal. It was fairly new but it did contain info about his parents which was classified information. He wanted no one in his class to know of his problems.

 He was at second 240 when his arms were starting to ache. He was too weak to have his bony arms stuck out for more than a minute. There wasn't enough meat on his bones for a whole 10 minutes. For once Jun Min actually wanted to be in Ethics learning about someone elses feelings. His 'great' luck struck again when Mr. Cho came walking down the hall. Jun Min already knew the director was looking for him. 

"Come with me," He told Jun Min before turning back around. Jun Min let out another sigh and got up, making sure to crack his arms before following him. Mr. Cho and Jun Min walked in silence to the small disciplinary room on the 1st floor. Jun Min had never seen inside the room before since he never got in trouble. He always imagined the room to look like a dungeon with chains occupied by the corpses of old bad students. Instead he was greeted to a small room with new wood flooring, bright white walls, the smell of strawberries, and a small desk. "Please sit."

Jun Min did as he was told and sat down at the desk while Mr. Cho placed back and forth. He was extremely nervous. The thought of him losing his class ranking almost made him burst out into tears in front of the director and beg for mercy.

"Kim Jun Min you do know what you did was bad, correct?" Mr. Cho asked and Jun Min almost cringed at the last name he used. He hated his surname because of his dad. Jun Min ignored it and nodded his head. "Since there wasn't any injuries and Jimae pleaded for us not to tell her mother the situation won't get any bigger than this...but as a punishment you are going to write a two page reflection essay front and back. Also I'm calling Jongin later on."

   Jun Min didn't have much to say. He wanted so badly to scream out 'No don't call him he might kill me' but he couldn't. He only nodded and kicked his feet back and forth as the director got him a blank sheet of paper and pen. Jun Min went straight to work as he wrote his name on the paper and titled it ' Reflection Paper'. As he was writing Mr. Cho was on the other side of the desk going on about how Jongin was his star pupil back in the golden school days. Jun Min blocked out Mr. Cho's words because he didn't want to hear anything about his dad and how 'great' he was because it was all lies to him.

   The lunch bell rang when Jun Min put the final period on his reflection essay. His left hand ached from all the cramps he had to massage out and the excessive writing. School was basically over praise the lord. He left the discipline room and walked down the empty hallways. All the students were in the lunch room eating food. The younger elementary school kids got to leave right after lunch. Jun Min looked at the clock and saw he still had a good 30 minutes to read his book. He was still full from breakfast so he wasn't getting lunch.

  When Jun Min arrived at the empty classroom he quickly packed his things including his journal and left the room. The window sill at the end of the 2nd grade hallway was the perfect spot.  He loved reading there because it was quiet, he got to look out at the school's pretty garden, and it felt nice to have the summer sun massage his skin in warmth. Jun Min opened his book and continued where he left off with a small smile.

"Jun Min?" Mr. Kim or uncle Joonie walked up to him. He knew Jun Min was going to be in his usual spot. Though Joonmyeon had a talk with Kyungsoo about Jun Min skipping lunch, Jun Min still skipped it. Jun Min looked up at his Uncle and closed his book. He was really hoping that his Uncle didn't find about what he did because then his daddy would find out and be upset at him. "I have something to tell you. I will let you continue reading once I say it."

Jun Min waited for his Uncle to spill the news. It was rare for his uncle to have news for him. Jun Min would usually get a lot of news about his cousin's and uncle's in China.

"Make sure you tell Kyungsoo and Hyun Seo. You are going to have another cousin," Joonmyeon hinted. Jun Min caught his drift  quickly and he got really excited. He put his book down on the sill and got out his notepad.

Jongdae is pregnant for the first time?

Jongdae is the only one Jun Min didn't call uncle because Jongdae ordered him not to. He told Jun Min that the word uncle is only used for old people and he wasn't an old man. When Jun Min did call Jongdae uncle it would be by accident and he'd still make Jongdae yell out why. 

Yes he is

Make sure you are super nice to him. He's going to get really grumpy sometimes and sick in the morning.

How do you know this

It happened to Uncle Baek when he was pregnant with Chang Seo. I asked him for some juice and he broke out into a fit because uncle Channie didn't pick up more juice. It was really bad.

Junmyeon laughed thinking about his best friend getting mad over something like that. It would be Baekhyun to get mad over something like that. But Junmyeon was happy that he was going to be a father. He and Jongdae had been trying for a couple of months and this month was finally the one. 

"There's about 15 minutes left of lunch so I will let you read. Do you want a snack?" Joonmyeon asked and Jun Min shook his head. He stopped shaking it when Junmyeon pulled out a bag of gummy bears. Jun Min's eyes locked on the delicacy and he realized he was hungry and he wanted those gummy bears. "Looks like someone does want one."

Junmyeon gave the bag to Jun Min and told him to enjoy before walking back down the hallway to grade papers. Jun Min sat comfortably on the window sill again while chewing on a red gummy bear and flipping to the next page of the book. He may have gotten in trouble but it was still a good afternoon.

    When the final bell rang Jun Min put his things back into his bag and went up to the class cleaning chart that was crowded with students. The job he had today was to wash the windows with some kid named Jin Su. Jun Min was glad that he had windows today and not bathroom duty. He hated cleaning bathrooms, especially the stalls. Jin Su already had the window cleaner and  two cloths. Jun Su handed Jun Min the blue cloth and they walked together to the window. Jin Su was a quiet kid just like Jun Min. Instead of enjoying books like Jun Min did, Jin Su enjoyed anime's and action figures. Jun Min always noticed the boy playing with them all by himself during breaks.

   The two boys washed the windows in silence. They finished in about 20 minutes leaving the windows spotless. Jin Su took the cloth from Jun Min and told him he'd put everything back. Jun Min bowed and went downstairs to exit the school. He switched to his outside shoes once he was on the steps and his school day was finally over. Hyun Seo was waiting at the exit patiently when Jun Min arrived. Hyun Seo patted Jun Min's back and lead him to the bus stop. 

How was school Jun Min?

Hyun Seo took out his own loose leaf paper and wrote to his little cousin. He had a great day and he wanted to make sure that Jun Min had a good day as well.

It was okay~ Did Uncle Joonie tell you the news?

What news?

Jongdae is having a baby!

Really? I didn't know they did that magic hug

Any adult can do the magic hug silly

The two boys laughed as they continued to write each other until the bus reached their stop. Once of the bus they looked for Baekhyun so they could all walk back to Baekhyun's house. Baekhyun was waiting at the bench with Chang Seo in his stroller with the sun hood down. Hyun Seo ran to Baekhyun and gave him a huge hug. Baekhyun held his arms out wider for Jun Min to come in and give him a hug too,which Jun Min did.

"Alright boys what's the game plan for when we get home. Snack nap homework play, homework snack play nap, or nap snack homework play?" Baekhyun asked. He already knew that the kids just had lunch but a child can still be hungry, the school serves really small portions. Jun Min and Hyun Seo looked at eachother and it was almost like telepathy when Hyun Seo said what he wanted and Jun Min nodded in agreement.

"We actually want to do homework snack play and nap," Hyun Seo answered and Jun gave a thumbs up. They thought it was best to knock out homework then save the nap for last. Baekhyun nodded and told them to start walking ahead of them while he pushed the stroller.

  Whenever Jun Min was at Baekhyun's house he didn't feel nervous like how he did at home. Since his dad was always angry at something it was hard for him to do things freely in the house. When Jun Min watched his hour of television he would always be scared that the volume was turned loud and that his dad would get angry. At uncle Baek's house he really didn't have to worry about that. At his house he tried to stay in his room as much as possible so he wouldn't get in his dad's way. At Baekhyun's house he purposly put his sticky notes in front of Baekhyun to be silly and talk to his uncle if Hyun Seo was getting something or in the bathroom. He wished that his daddy and him lived with uncle Baek and Channie but they were always stuck in their unhappy house.

Jun Min and Hyun Seo were playing cops and robbers with a lego set when the clock struck 6:30 and they both yawned at the same time.

"Is it nap time?" Baekhyun chuckled as the kids eyes got droopy. Hyun Seo tried his best to shake his had no but he gave up and rested his head on the floor. It was definately nap time for the boys. Chang Seo was up and making all types of noises while the bug babies were tucked in Hyun Seo's bed. Baekhyun made sure to take a picture of them and send it to Kyungsoo.

"Jun Min...Jun Min?" a deep voice echoed in Jun Min's head. He opened his eyes and found Chanyeol poking his arm and calling his name. Jun Min squinted as the light poured in, trying to adjust to all the light. It must be 7:30 if uncle Chanyeol is home. "Do you want to stay for dinner or do you want me to take you home now?"
 

  Jun Min wasn't hungry since Baekhyun made him the sandwhich as a snack so he held up two fingers to indicate he chose the second choice. Chanyeol nodded and stood up, making Jun Min feel extra short. He felt even shorter when his uncles Chanyeol, Kris, Sehun, and Tao stood altogether because they were all sky scrapers compared to him. Chanyeol left Hyun Seo's room and informed Baekhyun that he was taking Jun Min home while Jun Min got his folders and other things together. Once Jun Min put on his hoodie he gave everyone in the house a big hug and went to the front entrance with Chanyeol. They put on their shoes and started walking in the cool September night to Jun Min's house.

 When they arrived Jun Min's dad was parked in the driveway. He was usually home around 6pm if the house was already stocked up on alcohol. Kyungsoo didn't get off until 8:30 if his boss let him leave at the said time. Since Kyungsoo worked at the hospital in the receptionist office, his boss didn't care what time it was but if the work was not done then it would be best to stay after hours. Chanyeol lead Jun Min to the door before he knocked on the door. They waited a minute for Jongin to open the door, it took so long because he was sleeping. Jongin opens the door wider for Jun Min to come inside and nods at Chanyeol.

"Good night," Chanyeol shuffled at the door because it was getting really awkward. Jongin mutters a quick good night before closing the door. When he turns around he see's that Jun Min is already held up in his room. Jongin hopes Jun Min knows he isn't getting off the hook so fast. His old teacher called him and explained what happened in school today involving 'his son' if he should even call the kid his. He didn't care about what the hell the kid did until the fourth shot of whiskey that burned his throat. That's when he got upset about it.

"Get out here this instant," Jongin orders as he waits outside Jun Min's room. Jun Min is on the other side of the room trembling because he was terrified. He knew he should have begged on his knees for Mr. Cho not to call because now he was going to face the wrath of his drunken dad. Jun Min stepped outside of his room and waited awkwardly by the door. Heart racing fast as he stared at the light tan carpet, he didn't dare look into his dad's eyes. "Go get the book  you hurt the girl with. Now."

Jun Min went back into his room and grabbed his Percy Jackson book. He didn't want his dad to get ahold of his new friend so he sacrificed his favorite book. His heart was pounding fast as he brought his book to his dad. Jongin snatched the book from his hand and quickly flipped through the pages roughly, Jun Min cringed each time he heard a page crease.

"So you did all of that because of a ing book?!" Jongin snapped as he ripped the cover page off. Jun Min gasped in horror at the tear started flowing down his cheeks. "You did all of that because of a useless book like this. You're such an idiot just like your damn daddy."

One by one Jongin ripped the book up after every insult. Jun Min fell to his knees and cried his eyes out because some of the things that his dad was saying were hurtful. He went down the list calling Jun Min useless, a waste of time, money and air. All the bad things. So badly he wanted for the monster he called his dad to stop but the words wouldn't come out like they never did. Jun Min always wanted to know why his dad hated him so much. He blamed his birth for his and Kyungsoo's marital problems. The words that his dad always told him he thought were true. Jun Min thought that he was a waste of time as he sat on his knees crying. Once Jongin was done ripping the book he threw the spine on the floor.

"What did you just do?!" Kyungsoo walked in and found his son sobbing on the floor, face blood shot red while his bastard of a husband was ripping his book. He quickly came home to send Jun Min off to bed but he see's this. He was not having that. Jongin could argue with him all he wanted but when it came to his baby Kyungsoo wasn't having any of it. Kyungsoo waited for an answer but Jongin ignored him and went out of the house, probably to one of the local bars. Kyungsoo wasn't going to chase after him either. His baby needed him more. Kyungsoo went and picked up Jun Min and started rubbing circles on his back to sooth him. "shhhh it's going to be alright...just calm down. You can take a shower tomorrow morning before school."

  Kyungsoo carried Jun Min to his room and helped him change into his pajamas as he was still crying. He was trying his best to soothe Jun Min but he wasn't calming down. That was the first time Jongin had ever did something like that to Jun Min. It didn't matter if he was under the influence or not he still did it. Kyungsoo had to lie down on the bed with Jun Min and his hair to calm him down, Jun Min was taking in deep breaths as his eyes were still red and puffy. The tears were done falling but he was still extremely sad.

"I will go get you some water and eye drops," Kyungsoo left Jun Min in his room to get the supplies. Jun Min grabbed his journal from by his desk as the tears started coming back.

Dear Ilji,

I hate my dad so much. I hope he dies.

Jun Min placed his journal under his pillow and waited for his daddy to come back in his room. He really hoped his wish came true.

 


A/N: Wow it feels a little weird to update this since it's been so long. Have you all been okay? I really hope so. Anyways I haven't checked this over and I really hate the ending to the first part of this so I'm going to change this up. Also sorry for any typos or mispelling but I really need to re check this but I'm extremely tired. Bye~