Hidden

Once Again Down the Rabbit Hole (UNDER MAINTENANCE)

 

Alice quickly packed away the rest of the items, stuffing everything in sight tightly into boxes. Then she wiped down the floor and the wooden walls. Leaning against a side of the attic wall she opened the black book. Using the sunlight peeking through the rose window Alice started reading. 
 
Day 1 – 
 
It was a bright, sunny day. Young Alice was only eight years old. This was a much simpler time, when her parents were not as strict, not as harsh, but the loving parents most kids have. Dad and mom had planned for a picnic in the public garden. 
 
However, Alice had wandered off once again. She was following a rabbit. Or that’s what she said. But truthfully it was a young boy, BaekHyun, wearing bunny ears and a bunny tail. Following him she ended up in front of a big oak tree.
 
When he jumped in Alice’s curiosity took over and hopped in as well. She shrieked and yells as she fell through the dirt filled hole. However, her yells were soon silenced when she fell into the arms of the White Rabbit. 
 
“Why did you follow me?” his innocent question made Alice look down in embarrassment. “I was curious,” Alice admitted. BaekHyun nodded his head in understanding and walked towards an impossibly small door with Alice still in his arms. 
 
“Do you want to see something cool?” he asked excitedly. Alice darted her eyes from the door to the boy and back again. Slowly she nodded her head. His eyes gleamed as he opened the tiny door with his thumb and fore finger. 
 
Alice gasped in surprise, “Can we go inside?” she giggled in excitement. The White Rabbit handed her a bottle of liquid. “Drink,” he said before pushing the edge to her lips. Alice quickly swallowed the blue liquid. As soon as the liquid was down and in her system she noticed the room started getting bigger and bigger.
 
Only after the White Rabbit shrunk down to her size did she notice that she could now enter the door. Through the door she went and without her knowing the door was slowly shut by the White Rabbit. 
 
Alice skimmed the next few pages, “Mad Hatter, March Hare, etc,” Alice mumbled to herself, skipping over the intro. She didn’t want to waste the minimal time she had left on information she already knew. 
 
By now Alice has moved onto her semi-hard bed. The sun was setting and the light was not enough to read the journal. Leaning against the headboard of her bed she flipped over the next few pages before finally setting on an interesting day. 
 
It has been a week since Alice first stepped foot into the land. And she has finally come in contact with the Red Queen. At first the Red Queen was a lovely host and a lovely person she even introduced her trusty “pet” to Alice, the Jabberwocky. 
 
The Jabberwocky didn’t seem to like Alice though. He snarled, bared his teeth and hissed whenever she came within five feet of him. Alice was hurt but the tea parties quickly made her forget about the beast. 
 
But as time went by the Red Queen’s attitude grew worse. One day the Red Queen handed Alice a mop and a broom. “Clean my castle,” she simply said and off Alice was, cleaning the gigantic castle. 
 
Even though the Jabberwocky disliked Alice he was supposed to watch over her to make sure she won’t get “hurt”. However, through the many hours they spend together the two grew closer as the Red Queen and the Jabberwocky grew further apart. 
 
Alice stared at the name, Jabberwocky. It sounded so familiar, yet she couldn’t connect the dots. Who was he? And why isn’t he in Wonderland anymore? Shaking her head Alice read on. 
 
A couple more months passed and Alice grew closer to the wonderful characters of Wonderland, except for the Red Queen. She was the only one who was getting meaner and meaner. Alice finally met the Joker. 
 
He was a friendly fellow, full of smiles and laughter. But he doesn’t appear often and when he does he doesn’t stay long. But he would always make Alice feel at peace, in a brotherly way. The Joker was one of her favorites. Of course she loved everyone but the Joker reminded her of what once was her caring father. 
 
Alice stared at the page once again, Joker. Yet again the name felt familiar but she couldn’t remember why. Sighing she averted her eyes back down onto the page. 
 
The Red Queen is famous for chopping off heads right? How did that all started? Well after almost a year of playing in Wonderland Alice had almost accustomed herself to the strange ways of their people. 
 
But what she didn’t realize was that to the West of the Dark Forest was another kingdom, the White Kingdom. The White Kingdom and the Red Kingdom has been at odds at one another since the founding fathers. 
 
After almost a year the White Kingdom decided it was finally time to end things once and for all. So what they did do? They decided to have a full out war with the Red Kingdom. It was a full out massacre. Alice had never seen so much blood ever since. 
 
The worst part was when the Jabberwocky chose sides. Rather than saving his owner, the Red Queen, he had decided to save the latter, Alice. This drove the Red Queen to the edge. Using her magic she summoned a giant axe and swung it around mercilessly, chopping off every head in sight, friend or foe. 
 
This marked the first day of the Reign on Terror. What Alice didn’t know was that the feud would be settled many years later with a simple marriage agreement. 
 
Before Alice could read any further the loud footsteps broke her out of her book. Alice glanced at the clock, 8:30 it read. She quickly hid the black
book underneath her pillow and dived into the bathroom. Turning on the knobs in the shower the water quickly poured down. Alice sat on the toilet burying her head into her knees, praying her parents would think she’s taking a shower.
 
The mom peeked into the room before fully walking in. Glancing around the room her eyes landed on the bathroom. Hearing the water rushing down onto the cold tiles the mom clicked her tongue. As she was about to walk out a loud thud was heard from the direction of Alice’s bed. 
 
Turning around she found a book lying on the ground. Picking it up she sighed. Alice had a bad habit of doing homework on the bed. Putting the textbook onto the table she left the room. The black book was still tucked away safely underneath the pillow. 

Hehe I was able to update because I had no homework since classes were only 20 minutes, yay for PSAT

I hope you enjoyed the chapter~