Gold Bounded Black Book

Once Again Down the Rabbit Hole (UNDER MAINTENANCE)

 

“Alice!” Alice’s mom shrill voice filled her small but cozy cream room. Poking her head underneath the cover Alice mumbled an incoherent, “yes?”

“Your dad and I are going to be out late since we have a 12 hour surgery to perform. We expect the attic to be cleaned when we get home,” she mom coldly said before slapping down two twenty’s and a five on Alice’s table.

“Lunch money,” with those words she effortlessly left Alice’s room without making another sound and before Alice could even protest. Letting out a groan Alice rolled around her bed, tightly wounded up in her blanket.

After lying in bed for maybe another hour or so Alice finally decided to get up and get cleaned up. Standing in front of the mirror Alice almost let out a cry of terror, almost. Using one hand she touched the skin underneath her eyes, using her other hand she attempted to comb through the crow’s nest she called hair.

Ever since she stumbled back into Wonderland her eye bags have gotten more prominent, her eyes more sunken, her hair dry for god knows why and her body much slimmer. In other words she looked like a walking corpse.

Letting out a depressed sigh Alice picked up her brush and attempted to brush out her hair. After hearing the many painful cries that came out of and echoed throughout the bathroom Alice finally gave up. Taking a rubber band she messily put her hair in a bun. “There” she said to herself and finally let out a smile.

Staring at the dusty, cobwebbed attic and then back at the tools in her hand Alice let out a small almost inaudible groan of frustration. But she didn’t back down from the task, Alice was no quitter.

First Alice moved away all the clutter to one side of the attic. After cleaning half the attic, she cleaned till it sparkled, it was already lunch time. She had spent around four hours cleaning only half the attic.

Deciding she did enough work to take a break Alice headed to the kitchen to make some lunch. Rather than spending the forty five dollars her mom gave her this morning she was going to pocket it and use it at a better time.

As she reached the bottom steps that lead the attic to the hallway the doorbell ring caught her by surprise. Alice pondered who it could be. It couldn’t be her parents, not her relatives, they all live too far away, and her friends? Well she didn’t have any.  

When the word friends popped into mind Alice sighed. Alice had a vague idea of who the person standing on the other side was. “SuHo what are you doing at my house?” Alice spoke into the intercom.

Through the monitor Alice could see the school’s dashing prince SuHo at her doorsteps. However, one thing made her chuckle. His face was so red the color reached his ears. Stuttering cutely SuHo replied, “I was wondering if we could hang?” he asked timidly.

Alice honestly didn’t count SuHo as a friend. Sure he would talk to her, walk her home, eat lunch with her but Alice never thought of him as a friend. To her he was a mere acquaintance, a classmate, and a bit nosy.

“I have to clean my attic,” Alice monotonously said through the com. SuHo lowered his head in dejection. He had thought Alice made up such an excuse because she didn’t want to hang out with him. SuHo understood Alice, probably better than she did herself.  

Although SuHo was considered the school prince he was quite the obvious. SuHo is very good at reading people. He acts gentlemanly towards everyone, kind and serious but truthfully he would scoff inwardly at the squealing females and the males that tried to copy him.

Why he liked Alice was because she was blunt. She never thought of him as a friend, never asked for his help, she was in other words a strong, independent women. This was mostly because of her parents influence but SuHo could not help but admire her.

SuHo felt slightly disappointed when he thought Alice was making excuse but when she showed him her cleaning equipment and the state she was in SuHo let out a laugh. “Okay, next time,” he cheerfully said before leaving.

Alice nodded and went back to the kitchen. After making herself a BLT sandwich Alice made her way back to the attic, she still had lots to do.

As Alice moved all the clutter from the dirty side to the clean side a gold bonded black mini book fell on her toes. Tripping over the book all the items in her hand went flying. As she landed on the floor a string of curse words escaped .

Picking up the black book to throw it in a box she froze. Wonderland, was written sloppily almost as if by a child. Property of Alice DO NOT Look! was written on the bottom in the same sloppy handwriting.

Quickly she opened the book and started reading: Wonderland is….

I wasn't going to write till Friday but I was itching to so I did :)

I think I'm going to be updating regularlly again so please continue showing this story lots of love ^^

I hope you enjoyed~