Pleasant? Surprise

Queer & Proud

Sehun would be lying if he said he wasn’t expecting it.

 

This school had guys who looked prettier than most of the girls he had dated in the past, for gods sake.

 

However, thinking it and having heard it straight off were two very different things. Sehun wasn’t homophobic. He even knew a couple of gay couples, although they were more of far far acquaintances. He was never interested in what anybody else did, so whoever people decided to date was their decision.

 

However, Sehun was living in Korea. He wasn’t used to being stuck in a high school filled with gay guys.

 

“Yo-you’re what?”

 

Jongin leaned forward, rested his chin on his hand, and smirked.

 

“I’m gay.”

 

Luhan must’ve caught Sehun’s expression as he giggled loudly and pointed his chopsticks at his face.

 

“Look, I think he didn’t know. Do you even know what school you are in Sehunnie?”

 

Sehun was in too much of a shock to reprimand Luhan for calling him Sehunnie.

 

“This is a school for the gay teenagers in Korea. The only one in the whole peninsula, actually. This particular section is for males, and I think one for females is down in Busan.  There’s even an elementary school and a middle school for kids who, uh, come to terms with their uality at an earlier age.”

 

The guy in the blue beanie explained, and Jongin sat back in his seat with a smug expression.

 

“Homouals aren’t exactly praised here in Korea. Most of us will probably end up getting bullied if we go to a public school. That’s why most of us stay here.”

 

Luhan raised a finger and his eyes brightened in excitement.

 

“That’s why it was so abnormal for us to have a transfer student. Sure, we get a couple, but that’s usually during middle school. Once you join our school, you stay until the very end. Who would’ve thought that a guy, moreover a straight guy, would join our school!”

 

Luhan faced Sehun. “You are straight, right?”

 

“Of course I am!” Sehun exclaimed.

 

“No need to be so shy,” Luhan cooed as he leaned forward, his face inches away from Sehun’s. “You won’t be for long.”

 

Sehun’s face hardened and he pushed Luhan away.

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” he snapped as he stood up with a scowl, glared at Luhan and Jongin, before running off.

 

Jongin, who was in the middle of chowing down on an apple, dropped it on his plate and stared at Luhan.

 

“You’re acting weird today,” he stated and stared at Luhan’s grinning face, “You’re not...interested in that guy are you?”

 

Luhan giggled and popped in another piece of kimbap. “He’s cute.”

 

Jongin raised an eyebrow in interest as Baekhyun sighed and leaned forward.

 

“Luhan, congratulations, the one guy you actually like happens to be the only straight guy in the whole school. You just make things so much easier for yourself.”

 

“How did he even get in this school?” Minseok, who was busy talking to Jongdae during the whole ordeal, finally spoke up. “I mean, if he is really straight, the school board would never have let him in.”

 

Jongdae chuckled beside him, pushed up his glasses with his index finger, and rested his chin on his hand.

 

“Isn’t it obvious? I sneaked a peak at Sehun’s records while I was at the principal’s office, and boy is he a trouble maker. He’s been kicked out of four schools. All in one year! No sane school will let a student like him in. You guys heard about the financial issues our school has been having recently. Our principal apparently spent all of the schools funds getting the huge chandelier at the entrance and rebuilding the fashion building to twice its original size! Sehun’s parents probably fed tons of money to the school board to get him in, and the school couldn’t possibly reject, could they?”

 

Jongin gaped at Jongdae’s explanation before nodding in agreement. “So that’s how the hetero got himself in. Impressive.”

 

“Oh, a bad boy,” Luhan mused, “I like it.”

 

Luhan,” Baekhyun scolded, only to be met with a wide smile and excited laughter.

 

“Well then, that was a pleasant lunch,” Luhan placed his chopsticks down and smiled brightly. “If you will excuse me, I need to have some bonding time with my roommate.”

 

“Just don’t get yourself sued for ual harassment,” Baekhyun called out, “he’s straight, Luhan! Don’t be too obvious, alright?”

 

“I’m never too obvious. Subtlety is my middle name.” Luhan winked at his friends, placed the empty tray at the return line, and skipped off. Baekhyun sighed, massaged his head, and frowned at his friends.

 

“Are you guys not worried at all?” He asked. “Our best friend is crushing on a straight guy! This could end really badly.”

 

Minseok laughed and pet Baekhyun’s head. “Hyunnie, Oh Sehun is stuck in a school full of homouals! He’s not going to be straight forever. And you know Luhan has a thing for hard to get guys. Let him be.”

 

“Anyways,” Jongdae added, “their relationship could hardly end up being worse than Jongin and Kyungsoo’s right?”

 

Jongin frowned, crossed his arms, and glared at his smiling friends.

 

“Just you wait. Kyungsoo will eventually come over. He can’t possibly ignore the obvious chemistry between us!”

 

“Kyungsoo hates you!” The group announced in harmony, and Jongin merely rolled his eyes. He lifted his head, caught Kyungsoo’s frowning eyes, and waved enthusiastically. Kyungsoo faked a gag and turned around to talk to his friend.

 

“See? We’re made for each other.”

 

Baekhyun groaned and hit his head on the table, Minseok stood up and walked away while shaking his head, and Jongdae kicked Jongin in the shin.

 

 

 

 

Luhan hummed a tune while he ran down the dorm.  He waved his keys around with his fingers and skid into a stop right in front of his door. He turned the doorknob and pushed it open, opening his arms in a dramatic entrance.

 

“Sehunnie! I’m here-”

 

Luhan blinked and quickly dropped his arms. He took a second  look, but nobody was there in the room. He frowned, closed the door behind him, and threw the key on top of his desk.

 

“Sehunnie?” Luhan asked as he tentatively opened the bathroom door. Sure enough, nobody was there. There was nowhere else to hide in the small room, so Luhan concluded that Sehun was indeed not in the dorm room.

 

But where else could his roommate be? He was new to the school and probably didn’t know anywhere else than the dorm, cafeteria, and his calculus class.

 

Darn, I should’ve gotten his number earlier when we meet, Luhan scolded himself as he tried to think of where Oh Sehun could be. Luhan was a naturally outgoing guy, wanting to be friends with nearly everybody he met. When he decided he wanted to be friends with someone, he made sure that it would happen. He was interested in Sehun, and he was determined to be closer to his roommate no matter what.

 

Running out of his room, he went to the receptionist. He smiled down at her and she stood up, meeting his smile.

 

“Hi Luhan!” She said, “what can I do for you, sweetie?”

 

“Noona! I was wondering if you knew where Sehun went? He’s the new kid and my roommate. He disappeared.”

 

“Sehun? I think I saw him go out to the garden. He seemed pretty lost, but he was gone before I could help him.”

 

Luhan thanked her before taking off once more to the garden. The school was shaped in a way where the school buildings were surrounding a large garden. It was used for a variety of uses, such as gardening classes or for students to relax in between periods.

 

 

(Think of this, except the garden is a lot bigger and the buildings are surrounding all four sides of it.)

 

He pushed open a large glass door and scanned the area for a familiar brown head. He saw several students starting to stand up for their next classes, but he remained still.

 

“Sehun?” He called. He walked forward, looking everywhere, when his eyes landed on a large bush at the corner of the garden. He walked towards it and looked behind it to see Sehun sitting on a bench. It was hidden from view because of the bush; a perfect hideout.

 

“Sehun? Are you alright?” Luhan asked when he caught Sehun’s pained expression. Sehun’s eyes darted open and he glared at the intruding figure.

 

“What are you doing here?” He sneered. “How did you find me?”

 

“I asked around.” Luhan shrugged and took his seat beside Sehun. “Were you hiding?”

 

Sehun closed his eyes and dropped it in his hands. “Yes. And you found me.”

 

“Of course I did. I’m quite good at hide and seek. I will always find you, so there’s no use in trying to hide.”

 

Sehun groaned as Luhan giggled.

 

“Are you always this annoying, or is it specifically to me?”

 

Luhan cocked his head, looking at Sehun with a bewildered expression.

 

“You find me annoying?”

 

Sehun raised his head and met Luhan’s eyes, looking equally shocked. “Wasn’t it obvious?”

 

Sehun eyed Luhan as a variety of expressions crossed his eyes. Luhan finally opted for a grin and shrugged nonchalantly.

 

“Well, I guess it doesn’t really matter. I like you, so you’ll end up liking me soon enough.”

 

Sehun looked at Luhan in disbelief. “Are you always this optimistic too?”

 

“Yes, I’ve been told I was multiple times.”

 

Sehun groaned and slumped down in his seat, pondering on whether it would be a good idea to continue to sit there and talk to this boy or just run off. He was leaning towards the latter, when he was startled by a sudden hand grabbing his arm.

 

“Sehun,” Luhan said brightly, “what I wanted to tell you was that since we are roommates, and probably will be seeing each other for a very long time, it would be best for us to become good friends.”

 

Sehun stared blankly at Luhan, so the latter bit his lips nervously.

 

“Is everyone here really... gay?”

 

Luhan looked taken back with the unexpected question.

 

“Um, yes. Everyone is,” Luhan said with wide eyes, “you aren’t homophobic, are you?”

 

“No, no, of course not,” Sehun said quickly. He averted his eyes and stared at the ground.

 

“It’ll just take some time to get used to this whole thing.”

 

Luhan nodded in understanding.

 

“I understand. I know I’m fortunate that I never had to deal with the bullying in a normal public school. I can only guess how much of a shock it would be for you to suddenly find yourself in a completely homoual school!”

 

Sehun was about to reply when a loud bell was heard. Luhan gasped and sprang up.

 

“Oh shoot! I forgot about class! Sehun, what class do you have next?”

 

Sehun frowned. “I actually don’t have to go to class today. I think I’m just going to look around.”

 

Luhan nodded before he leaned forward for a quick hug. “As much as I would like to show you around, I really need to get to class. I guess I’ll talk to you later, Sehunnie!”

 

Before Sehun could push him away, Luhan jumped up, waved at the dumbstruck boy, and ran out of the garden. Sehun gaped as the older boy leaped over the bush and disappeared from his view.

 

Groaning once again, he stood up while wondering how long he would have to endure before his luck stepped in and got him expelled.

 

 


Hunhan is starting! I'm very very excited :)

Baekyeol will start in a couple of chapters, and Kaisoo is going to come out now and then so make sure to come back for more ^^

Any thoughts on this story so far? Do you like it? Dislike it? What are somethings that caught your attention? :D

Don't forget to subcribe,vote, and comment below!

 

Love youuu :D