Double Date

Queer & Proud

Luhan pushed open the glass door and grinned widely at the chiming sound of bells. Sehun followed him in and was about to comment on Luhan’s choice of dessert when he paused abruptly at the scene in front of him.

 

Baekhyun was currently laughing hysterically, an unfinished cup of ice cream in his hands. Chanyeol was seated besides him and was laughing along as he finished his story. The two were sitting awfully close, thighs touching and shoulders bumping into each other as they doubled over in laughter.

 

“Hey Baek,” Luhan chirped, catching Baekhyun’s attention. Baekhyun immediately straightened up and flew back, dropping the ice cream in the process. Chanyeol’s head snapped around and stared at the two in surprise.

 

“Lu-Luhan!” Baekhyun stuttered, “what are you doing here?”

 

Luhan grinned widely and pointed at Sehun behind him.

 

“We’re hanging out,” he said before nodding at Chanyeol, “like you and Chanyeol, right?”

 

“Yeah, of course,” Chanyeol spoke up before standing up and walking over to the cashier. “Can I help you with your orders?”

 

“Hey Sehun, can you order something for me? I’m going to go ahead and sit down.”

 

“Sure,” Sehun nodded and went over to Chanyeol to decide on the flavors. Luhan grinned mischievously at Baekhyun before plopping down besides him. Baekhyun gave him a nervous smile.

 

“So Baekhyun,” Luhan started as he slung an arm around Baekhyun’s shoulders, bringing him closer, “is there anything I should know about?”

 

Baekhyun laughed awkwardly and tried to push Luhan away, only to fail miserably.

 

“Stop it Luhan, you’re embarrassing me,” Baekhyun whispered quietly. Luhan laughed out loud, catching the attention of both Chanyeol and Sehun.

 

“Aw, aren’t you just adorable,” Luhan cooed and pinched Baekhyun’s cheeks. Baekhyun whined and looked at Chanyeol in desperation, who simply smiled back.

 

“I knew something was up when you started to come here more often,” Luhan muttered quietly so the two boys standing up couldn’t hear, “there was something wrong. I knew it. Who knew the reason was Park Chanyeol! That’s so amazingly cute!”

 

“Luhan. Shut. Up,” Baekhyun gritted his teeth, “he’s going to hear!”

 

“Honey, the boy’s too far away to hear a thing. Now, don’t be shy and tell me everything.

 

“There’s nothing to tell!” Baekhyun rushed, “nothing’s going, I swear! I simply talk to him whenever I come to eat ice cream.”

 

“Which escalated to, let’s see, almost twice a day ever since you found out Chanyeol worked here. Nothing suspicious, huh?”

 

“I swear Luhan if you tell Jongin about this I will cut your throat-”

 

Luhan laughed and waved his hand dismissively.

 

“That boy is currently having way too many love problems on his own. He doesn’t have time to deal with yours either. That’s why I’m here.”

 

Luhan,” Baekhyun whined, but quickly closed his mouth when Chanyeol and Sehun came over and plopped down on the seats across from them. Luhan pulled his arm away, but not before sending Baekhyun a teasing wink.

 

“Chanyeol,” Luhan started, to which Chanyeol replied with a polite nod, “how long have you been talking to Baekkie here?”

 

Baekkie?!” Baekhyun screeched, but the three boys ignored him.

 

“Well, I guess it’s been about a week now,” Chanyeol laughed, “Baekhyun is nice to talk to. He keeps me company while I work, something that my own friend Kyungsoo fails to do because he’s so busy studying and running away from Jongin all the time.”

 

“Really? So Baekkie here has been real nice to you, hasn’t he?”

 

“Luhan, I will end you if you don’t stop calling me that ridiculous name-”

 

Luhan once again ignored Baekhyun’s shouts of protest at his choice of nickname.

 

“Yup. Baekkie is really wonderful.”

 

Baekhyun’s head snapped over to Chanyeol and his cheeks turned bright red, earning a soft chuckle from Sehun.

 

“Chanyeol. Not you too-”

 

“Why not Baekkie? I think it fits you perfectly.”

 

“I agree with you completely, Chanyeol. You know what? I think I’m going to start calling you that from now on.”

 

Baekhyun’s face turned into one of distraught and he looked at Sehun in desperation. Sehun chuckled and decided to put an end to this.

 

“Okay, I think it’s time to stop this teasing,” Sehun, being the nicest and the most merciful one out of the crew finally spoke up. Baekhyun shot him an extremely grateful look.

 

“Aww, don’t be a party pooper,” Luhan groaned, but at Baekhyun’s deadly glare he chuckled. “Fine, fine. I’ll stop. Geez.”

 

“Thank you,” Baekhyun rolled his eyes, but couldn’t help but shrink at the bright smile Chanyeol was sending in his direction. Luhan, being the ever-so-observant friend he was, glanced at the looks the two boys were giving each other and smirked wickedly.

 

Sehun merely sighed as DANGER flashed itself in front of Luhan’s eyes.

 

“You know what? I just realized that I had two extra movie tickets with me. I was going to take Minseok and Jongdae to go watch a movie with Sehun and me, but they said something came up and couldn’t come with us. Do you guys want to join us instead?”

 

Sehun didn’t remember ever hearing about two extra movie tickets, but decided against commenting on it. Luhan was smiling too widely and a little too eagerly for his liking.

 

Baekhyun looked at Luhan and frowned slightly. “No, I think we’re good-”

 

“That sounds like a fantastic idea!” Chanyeol piped up. “We’d love to go. Right, Baekhyun?”

 

Baekhyun’s gawked at Chanyeol, and Sehun could literally see the wheels turning in the boy’s head to come up with some kind of excuse to get out of this situation.

 

“Yeah, of course, but you’re working right now and I wouldn’t want you to just skip-”

 

“Manager Lee! Can I leave a bit early today?” Chanyeol called out. A tall man stepped out of the storage room, stared at the four teenagers, and nodded with a gentle smile.

 

“Of course you may. Have fun with your friends.”

 

“Thank you so much!” Chanyeol’s eyes lighted up in anticipation, “I don’t even remember the last time I’ve been to the movie theater. Thanks Luhan!”

 

“No problem,” Luhan said with a shrug before standing up. “Aren’t you coming Baek?”

 

Baekhyun slumped down in his seat and stared at Sehun in desperation once more, but there was nothing Sehun could do. Sehun shook his head in apology as he stood up and followed Luhan and Chanyeol out of the shop.

 

“Come on Baekhyun, or we’re going to leave you here!” Luhan yelled. Baekhyun sighed and dragged himself out of the shop, wondering why he had to have such a as his best friend.

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan and Chanyeol’s previously non-existent friendship bloomed like it had always been there the moment the two started talking. Put the school’s two most social and talkative guys together, and came out the single most annoying duo in the century - at least in both Baekhyun and Sehun’s opinion. They just would not stop talking. Baekhyun and Sehun sulked in the background as Chanyeol and Luhan went on for 20 whole minutes about whether vampires or werewolves were more badass.

 

“It’s obviously werewolves,” Luhan argued, “come on. They are hot-headed, half human and half beast creatures. Werewolves could beat vampires any time of the day.”

 

“Are you freaking kidding me? Luhan, you can’t honestly think werewolves are stronger than vampires. Vampires are freaking immortal, strong as , can run faster than the wind, and drink blood as a living for gods sake.”

 

“Did you even read Twilight? That’s like an encyclopedia for supernatural creatures. Vampires are vulnerable. They sparkle under the sun and they can get their head chopped off! Werewolves, on the other hand, can choose whether they want to be immortal or not and are not bound to an eternal hell where they want to kill every moving thing around them.”

 

“You’re basing your argument on Twilight? That’s preposterous!” Chanyeol grasped his chest, “I can’t believe I’m having a civil conversation with someone who takes that book seriously. Werewolves do not have voluntary control over their shifting. The full moon is in control. Anyone who knows anything about werewolves should know that.”

 

“Since when are you such an expert on mystical creatures? You can’t prove that Twilight is not right.”

 

“How does vampires sparkling sound even remotely legit?”

 

“And werewolves changing when the moon’s freaking shape is different has more basis to it than them having voluntary control?”

 

“Stop, stop, for gods sake just stop!” Baekhyun yelled, making Chanyeol and Luhan halt and turn around.

 

 


“Who gives a whether vampires or werewolves are stronger? They aren’t even real,” Baekhyun raged. “Come on Sehun! Tell them how ridiculous they sound right now.”

 

“It would be nice if you guys could, oh I don’t know know, stop talking for once. It’s giving me a headache.”

 

“It was a very important discussion, thank you very much!” Luhan exclaimed, Chanyeol nodding furiously besides him. Baekhyun huffed in exasperation and brushed past the two as he stomped into the movie theater. Chanyeol grimaced.

 

“I better go make sure he doesn’t try to rip his hair out,” Chanyeol chuckled and ran after him. Sehun crossed his arm and continued to glare at Luhan.

 

“What?” Luhan asked. Sehun sighed and grabbed Luhan’s arm, dragging him into the movie theater. They saw Baekhyun sitting down on a stool, blushing madly as Chanyeol was bent over and trying to get him to smile and seem less pissed off.

 

“I’m going to go get the tickets,” Luhan whispered to Sehun. Sehun quirked an eyebrow, and Luhan rolled his eyes.

 

“What? You thought I was serious about the two extra tickets? I don’t even have tickets for us!”

 

“Just go get it,” Sehun grumbled. Luhan chuckled and took off to the ticket box. Sehun leaned against the wall and watched as Baekhyun avoided Chanyeol’s intense gaze.

 

Luhan came back in a few minutes, four tickets stuffed in his pockets and hands struggling to carry two large popcorns and four cokes. Sehun quickly took out a popcorn and two cokes, handing them to Chanyeol who carried it with ease. Baekhyun was now standing besides the taller male, flustered at the thought of sharing a popcorn with the said boy.

 

“The movie is starting soon so we should all go in,” Luhan said and led the way into the theater. Chanyeol sat down first, Baekhyun taking the seat besides him, then Luhan, and finally Sehun at the far end. Sehun could see Baekhyun’s look of panic as Chanyeol leaned over him to make a joke to which Luhan laughed over. Deciding to take pity on the terrified looking boy, he poked Luhan’s arm to catch his attention, leaving Chanyeol to return to his seat and giving Baekhyun some room to breathe.

 

“Yeah?” Luhan asked as he turned to look at Sehun, his eyes widened in curiousity. Sehun, thinking that he should really stop putting himself in such difficult situations for helping others, simply smiled and pointed at the popcorn in Luhan’s lap.

 

“Stop hogging all the food,” he joked, to which Luhan stuck out his tongue and handed him the bowl.

 

“Fattie,” Luhan whispered quietly. Sehun gave him an indignant look but was unable to reply as the lights slowly faded and the movie began.

 

The movie rolled on and it was only 10 minutes in when Sehun began to think that Luhan was indeed evil. As the low, humming sound resonated in the theater and a girl ran around in the screen, face contorted with fear, Sehun didn’t have to check the ticket to see that Luhan had picked a horror movie - not only a horror movie, but the one that the critics were calling the scariest movie made in the past century. Hearing the gasping and the cries of fear coming from a few seats down, Sehun sighed and sunk deeply in his seat, feeling his pity for Baekhyun grow more and more by the passing minute.

 

“Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god,” Baekhyun repeated, terrified as the thumping grew louder and louder. “I’m going to die. I am going to die.

 

“Baekhyun, you okay?”

 

Chanyeol’s deep voice startled Baekhyun and he jumped in his seat, clasping his beating heart.

 

“No, I am not okay,” Baekhyun hissed, “I hate horror movies.”

 

“Hey, it’s going to be fine. It’s not even real.”

 

Baekhyun felt Chanyeol’s hot breath by his ear and it reminded him of why this was such a bad idea from the start.

 

Suddenly, a high pitched scream was heard and the main character was yanked down, her clothes ripping and leaving her bloody as she was dragged along by an unknown creature. Baekhyun’s face went pale and he grabbed the first thing he could find, which unfortunately for him happened to be Chanyeol’s very muscular bicep.

 

“Baekhyun?” Chanyeol asked, and for the first time Baekhyun was grateful he was in a dark place where the taller couldn’t see how flushed he was.

 

“Chanyeol. I want to leave,” Baekhyun whined. Chanyeol slowly sat up and he moved his arm away from Baekhyun’s grip.

 

Oh my gosh. Chanyeol hates me now. He thinks I’m a wimp and that I’m really annoying and he’s never going to want to see me now-

 

Baekhyun’s train of thought was cut off when Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun’s hand instead and pulled his shaking body up. Baekhyun gasped loudly, attracting the attentions of both Sehun and Luhan. Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun closer so their chests were touching.

 

“Hey guys, we’re going to just go ahead and head out, alright? I’ll see you back at school.”

 

Sehun and Luhan replied quietly as Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun out of the dark movie theater.

 

“Are you feeling better?” Chanyeol asked as soon as he closed the door behind them. Baekhyun nodded, still a bit shaken up, but the feeling of Chanyeol’s hands around his was enough to transform his fear into something entirely different.

 

“Good. Gosh, what was Luhan thinking. He’s your best friend. Doesn’t he know how afraid you are of horror movies?”

 

All Baekhyun did was laugh bitterly. Luhan, the bastard, knew perfectly well of Baekhyun’s fear. Jongin made fun of it enough for it to be ingrained in every single one of his friends’ heads. That’s also why his good-for-nothing friend thought it was a good idea to drag Baekhyun into his worst nightmare and use it to hook him up with his crush.

 

How completely stupid.

 

However, seeing how Baekhyun was currently holding hands with the said crush and was pressed up against him a few seconds earlier, Baekhyun had to give Luhan some credit.

 

“Let’s just leave, okay? I can still hear the screaming.”

 

Chanyeol nodded, and just when Baekhyun thought the taller male was going to let go of his hand, Chanyeol only tightened his grip and pulled him outside.

 

“Well, I know the movie thing didn’t work out very well, but that doesn’t necessarily mean we can’t continue to hang out, right?”

 

Baekhyun’s head snapped up and he stared up at Chanyeol. Chanyeol simply smiled down at him cheekily.

 

“Let’s go and have some fun, shall we?”

 

Baekhyun hated how stupid he made himself look like in front of Chanyeol. He couldn’t do anything but iterate a small ‘sure’ before they, hand in hand, started to walk towards some unknown place. Baekhyun frankly didn’t care, because this was the closest he had gotten to his crush, and he finally felt what Jongin must’ve been feeling for the past nine years whenever he was near Kyungsoo.

 

 


Hey guys! Welcome back :)

So finally after chapters of Kaisoo angst, here is some fluff for you guys! I hope you guys enjoy it.

There will be more coming up, so come back for more!

I'm still at camp (I'm going to be there for two weeks, it's a study camp here in Korea, not the typical fun let's-go-to-the-wild camp.)

Wish me luck on my upcoming test! It's making me nauseous just thinking about it.

 

So, after the last chapter, it seems like many more of you guys are finally starting to pity Kyungsoo to a certain degree. There was this one particular comment that apologized for hating on Kyungsoo so much that made me laugh a lot :) Their relationship is very messed up :( Hopefully it'll get better soon, right? teehee

 

Baekyeol and Hunhan are just two adorable sailing ships in the middle of the gay antarctic ocean. They shall never sink! MWAHAHA and kaisoo shall join them soon and make the ultimate gay trio! YEAH

 

 

Have a wonderful weekend! And don't forget to subscribe, comment below, and vote up!