Broken

You Got Me

“Everyone can call you name..

But there is only one person who can make it sounds..

So damn.. sweet..“

 

The sky’s getting dark, the sun sets beautifully, the oranges shades of the sky slowly faded, going to its darkest, leaving the lonely sky with the small little lights from the shining stars, comforting the broken souls, little souls that wondering shattered for pieces..

 

Six figures, sitting together in the quite famous restaurant for its beautiful views, placed near the beach, giving the chance for their visitor to enjoy their meals while having their eyes on the beautiful beach.

All girls are sitting quietly, some of them, obviously drown deep with their own thought..

And it’s obviously shown for a certain girl who can’t stop smiling all day, being too sweet over a blonde girl..

Or how a certain blonde choose to sit beside another girl instead beside her bestfriend like how she always does, and all she does is throwing that secret glances over the quiet tall brunette..

Or how a certain girl starts to doubt her mind, her heart, and whatever to stay on the marriage is actually a wise decision or not..

Or how another tall girl who haven’t say a word since their small sailing time, she haven’t even make any eye contact to her bestfriend..

She knows..

Something happen..

Something that she always afraid to..

 

After their small dinner, hyoyeon suggested to stay for a while, enjoying their rare time together, having another chat about daily life, college life, work, and all..

They’re currently into their small talk, throwing some jokes in between, but some of them, definitely not into it.. not when they have their heart broke to pieces..

“Hey..” Sooyoung cut “I’m going to go out for a while..” she said, smile slightly, earning little nods from some her friends.

“Take your time..” Hyoyeon smiled back, letting the tall girl walking out from the restaurant, with some silent pairs of eyes, eyed the tall girl’s back until it disappeared from their sight.

 

Sooyoung took her time, walking out from the room, walking closer to the beach, eyes falling far into the endless beautiful scenery, arms wrapped securely around her bended legs, chin rested on her knees.

She needs this.. being in that room getting her all drained, trying to pretended that everything’s okay..

No, nothing is okay..

She is broken..

 

 “Syoo..” a soft voice called, bringing the brunette back from her painful memory. She doesn’t need to turn to see the owner of the voice. Only one person called her that, only one person can make her name sounds so damn… sweet..

“Syoo.. are you okay?” the latter asked, sitting beside the tall girl “you’re being so quiet inside there..”

“…why are you here?” the tall brunette asked, not bothering to turn her face.

“Why did you ask that?” Jessica’s brows creased “I’m worried over you..”

“Go back inside, sica..” Sooyoung whispered, not wanting to have another reason to fall more for her bestfriend, that simple gesture, just mean too much for her “it’s cold..” she reasoned.

Jessica went silent, it’s just the first time Sooyoung pushing her away.

“Then, warm me, hug me..”

The tall brunette let out a soft bitter chuckle from that “I can’t..” she said, slowly turn to meet the blonde’s eyes.

“You’re here to tell me that..” Sooyoung added “that I can’t kiss you anymore… that I cant hug you.. right?”

Jessica feels that pain crushed her even more from her bestfriend’s word.

“Who told you, that you can’t?” Jessica asked, having a sad expression, releasing Sooyoung’s arms from her own legs, straightened the Sooyoung’s slender legs, before straddling on the latter’s lap, wrapping the girl into a tight hug, buried her face on Sooyoung’s neck.

They’re staying in the same position for minutes, secretly wishing for time to just stop going further, before jessica pulled herself slightly, meeting their gaze.

“..this morning..” Jessica said “Taeng confessed..” she added, studying her bestfriend’s flat expression, but she can see more into the tall brunette’s eyes.

Jessica knows, it hurt Sooyoung.. but she just doesn’t know why… maybe it’s just because Sooyoung afraid to lose a sister..

“..i said.. yes..”

“..congrats.. I’m happy for you..” that’s all escapes the brunette’s lips, forcing a weak smile.

“My jessica.. is now grown up.. she loves you.. and with that, I can at least feel a little bit relived, knowing that she can take care of my Jessica..” Sooyoung added, but tears starts to flow out from Jessica’s eyes, more..

“Why?” Sooyoung asked, wiping the blonde’s tears gently “shouldn’t you be happy? You found the love of your life..”

But it hurts Jessica more, every word, hurt her more…

And tears can’t stop flowing from her eyes..

Maybe.. maybe.. because in the end, Sooyoung still see her as a sister..

 

Sooyoung cupped her bestfriend’s face, meeting their lips together, slowly, moving her lips, taking more than she should.. and jessica responds to the kiss with the same passion, broken, love..

They just don’t know.. they share the same kiss.. filled with the same love..

Breaking from their breathless kiss, they’re leaning their forehead together, before slowly they opened their eyes.

“I love you..” Sooyoung said, giving a small smile “and I always will..”

Jessica’s face slowly changed, somehow.. that time sooyoung says the word is really different from how the latter always says..

She can feel sincerity from every ‘I love you’s word from Sooyoung, but this time, she can feel something different.. something more…

“Syoo, wh-..”

“Be happy sica..” Sooyoung cut “happier that everyone who lives on earth..” she gave a small chuckle “you should be still my Jessica.. my happiest person on earth..”

“Syoo, th-..”

“You know, you can always run back to me..” Sooyoung added “that’s why, if that shorty hurt you.. tell me.. I will hunt her down, and make her pay for the rest of her life…” she said, caressing the blonde’s cheek, before planting another soft kiss on Jessica’s forehead.

“And, that kiss..” the taller girl gave a sweet teasing smile “will become our sweet little secret..” she said, making the blonde replied with the same sweet smile.

“Nothing will change between us, right?” Jessica asked “you’ll still hug me, calmed me, kiss me.. right?” she pouted childishly.

Sooyoung planted another pecks on the blonde’s temple, tip of nose, and another one on her lips grinned “nobody can take my Jessica away from me, right?” she giggled by her bestfriend’s childish act “maybe just not as much as before..” she added “you have someone else to do that now..”

“But I will still need you..” Jessica added, still with the same pout.

“Of course, sica..” Sooyoung said, pulling the latter into her tight embrace “we have a undescriptive relationship..” she giggled “you’ll be always my Jessica.. forever..”

-----

 

Yoona woke up in the middle of night, slowly, scanning her surrounding with her sleepy eyes, finding the empty space beside her..

As long as she remember, her wife was sleeping beside her..

She sighed, strangely, the tall brunette just didn’t talk much ever since their small sailing time this morning..

She scanned the whole room, finding nobody, but her eyes caught a glimpse of a figure through the glasses door, out in the balcony..

Yoona made her way to the balcony, she shouldn’t care, right?

Yeah, screw her curiosity..

She opened the door, and she can see that the brunette drown deep into her own thought by the fact that Sooyoung doesn’t even feel her presence..

Yoona stared deep into Sooyoung’s brown eyes, a pair of eyes which she lately found herself much drown into.. Sooyoung’s side façade which she unconsciously found herself staring at, and to that lips.. that lips which she is longing for, every night.. and her eyes keep scanning the figure closely..

“She seems sad…” Yoona thought.

 

“Sooyoung, Taeng will come here around next week..” Mrs.Kim said, having a small smile “help me to take care of that kid, okay?”

“Of course, aunt Kim..” Sooyoung smiled back.

They are talking in Sooyoung’s house alone, while her father and Taeyeon’s father are currently out, having their business talk about their merge company, and her mother having some little business to do.

Taeyeon is going to live with the Choi’s in States, for her college time..

“Yeah, that kid..” Mrs.Kim giggled remembering taeyeon’s childish threaten towards her parents, and all that, just to get the permission to enroll the business college in States “she must be so much in love with that girl, huh?”

And by that, Sooyoung’s smile faded.

“She can get into any business college in Seoul, but want to come all her way here instead..” Mrs.Kim recalled “and she finally tell her own reason of why she insist it must be any other college in States..”

“Sooyoung..” Mrs.Kim said “she said, she is in love with your childhood friend… hmm, it jessica, if I’m not mistaken..”

And the moment that name came out from Mrs.Kim’s lips, break all her in an instant..

Sooyoung just never thought that their small joke, small chat with her short friend few months ago is coming into this.. no, it can’t be..

“Sooyoung..” Mrs.Kim called softly “can you do me a favor?”

The tall brunette didn’t answer.. not a word..

“Help Taeng.. can you..” she said “not that I ask you to pair them of what..” Mrs.Kim smiled “just help her to adapt into this new place, new home..” she added “and since you’re friend with that girl taeyeon’s love, can you help her if she ask you with anything about her?” Mrs.Kim asked, still smiling, but the answer Sooyoung’s gave get all that smile from her face.

“..i can’t..”

“Hmm?” Mrs.Kim asked, maybe she misheard the tall brunette’s words.

“I can’t do that, aunt Kim…” Sooyoung answered, her face looked so sad “I’m in love with Jessica.. more that what you call a friend or childhood friend..”

“What?” a shock expression written all over the old lady’s face.

“And I won’t give her up.. not to anyone..” Sooyoung added firmly.

“So—so, you said that, Taeyeon going all her way here for nothing!?”

“Aunt Kim, I-..”

“No…” Mrs.Kim cut sternly “I can’t let that happen..”

Sooyoung looked at the old lady apologetically “I’m sorry aunt Kim.. I’m-..”

“Your father need us..” Mrs.Kim cut, making up her mind, no, she can’t let her daughter’s coming her for nothing “he needs this merge company to save your company.. I can break the deal in a phone call..”

“..aunt Kim, are you threatening me?”

“Sooyoung.. I love my daughter..” Mrs.Kim said “and I will give her anything she wants.. her needs, her wants, her dreams..” she added “anything...”

“Even if it means breaking other people’s apart?!” Sooyoung asked disbelievingly, tears start blurred her sight.

“If that what it takes.. so be it..” Mrs.Kim said coldly “make up your mind..”

And with that, Sooyoung’s tears start to fall, every drop of it, getting her all more into pieces..

The tall brunette let out a bitter chuckle “I used to respect you..” she said, eyes darted right into the old lady’s “but now.. I don’t even know if I want to see you anymore..”

“You just killed me..” Sooyoung stood up from her seat, giving a painful look on the old lady "..along with my respect for you.."

 

 

“Hey..” Yoona called, taking Sooyoung back from her painful memories, Yoona just can’t make herself drown into this girl more, she has a bet “don’t misunderstand or what..” she said flatly “but.. are you.. okay?”

They’re standing side by side, holding to the iron bar, their condo just get the best view of the beach.. anyone’s favorite view..

Sooyoung eyed the girl, before slowly that sweet teasing smile appeared on her face “are you worried?”

Yoona scoffed “even if you’re in the verge of dying..” she said “I won’t..”

Sooyoung giggled by the sarcastic answered, giving a playful hurt expression “ouch.. it hurt me to hear that word right from my wife’s lips..”

“Tch.. go inside..” she said “it’s cold.. I don’t want to spent the rest of my vacation taking care of a sick girl..” she said, ready to go inside, but a strong grip on her wrist stop her.

“Since you’re already here..” the tall brunette grinned “stay with me for a little bit more..”

Yoona rolled her eyes, but staying with the girl anyway.. maybe her presence can help something that bothering the girl..

“Yoona..” Sooyoung called “do you want to help me?”

“Hmm?” Yoona turned, but startled when swiftly, Sooyoung hugs her, buried her face on Yoona’s neck.

“Ya-yahh!! What are you do-..”

But her words stopped, when she feels her neck getting wet..

Choi Sooyoung.. is crying..