Finding a way

You Got Me

Sooyoung slumped herself on the couch in Taeyeon’s office, both her hands are gripping on a red map, too thick for a document, but she still has to read the file. It’s the Kim’s and Choi’s merge company documents.

It’s been four days since she has been trying to avoid talking to her wife. But sadly, she can’t get the woman out from her mind.

Ever since the argument in the company party four days ago, they rarely talk. And with Sooyoung is busy with her company preparation, she has no much difficulties on avoiding her wife.

All she did in these past few days are is driving her wife to her college, picking her up after class, and dropped Yoona back to their house, obviously leaving a massage to Hyoyeon and Seohyun to pick her wife for lunch, while she herself, drowned herself in her work. And with all that, she went home late at night when Yoona already falls asleep.

And what happened earlier this morning pissed her more.

They were about to talk. Sooyoung were driving Yoona to her college this morning, and they stayed in silent in the car for a moment when Yoona suddenly called her name.

Yoona was about to talk when a tall man knocked the window glass of her car with a wide grin. And it’s just disappointed her more when Yoona heaved a sight before whispered “see you later..”

And what bother her more is that because tonight.. she has a dinner date..

 

Sooyoung is still zoning out when Taeyeon entered the office room after their lunch with Jessica.

“You’re not reading the files…” Taeyeon spoke, eyeing the tall brunette.

Sooyoung is staying in the same position while her eyes followed Taeyeon closely “..i am reading it..” she said, fixing her position to read the documents “..where’s Sica?”

“She has a meeting..”

“Ahh..” Sooyoung nodded lightly, her eyes won’t leave the document.

Taeyeon heaved a sigh “..you haven’t had lunch with Yoona for these past few days..” Taeyeon said “did something happen?”

“..nope..” Sooyoung replied, eyes glued on the document.

“Yeah.. that doesn’t sound convincing..” Taeyeon said, sitting beside the tall brunette “wanna try again?”

Sooyoung sighed when she finally looked up from the files that she supposed to read “..we just got into an argument few days ago..” she said “..but we’re okay…”

Taeyeon’s left brow raised, staring into Sooyoung’s eyes like she demanding the truth.

“..fine..” Sooyoung finally gave up “…it bothers me a lot..”

“Then, talk to her..”

“About what?”

“Oh, please Soo..” Taeyeon rolled her eyes “about what bothering you obviously..”

“Well.. just to remind you, I said we just got into a fight..”

“And avoiding her will solve your problem?”

“Taee.. the last time we talked, it didn’t turn out well!!”

“And avoiding her will do nothing but worsen the situation..”

Sooyoung sighed, gazing into the empty space on her front, saying nothing.

“And please, tell me what’s really bothering you..” Taeyeon spoke, getting the brunette turned back on her.

“Hmm?”

“Come on.. I was living with you in States for years, how come I miss a thing like this..” Taeyeon spoke “you’re not bothered by the argument, or not by the argument only..” she said “you pissed her many times before.. you even quarreled in front of us.. you made her mad quite a lot times already..” Taeyeon added “and when things goes wrong, you can always put a jokes or flirts or teases to get everything right in second..”

Sooyoung went silent, trying to avoid Taeyeon’s eyes.

“So, it’s either something big happened this time that it doesn’t work..” Taeyeon said “or you have no intention to make it right..”

But Sooyoung stayed in silent still when Taeyeon tried to meet the brunette’s eyes, reaching Sooyoung’s hand “but, if you don’t want to talk about that, it’s okay..” Taeyeon smiled “I just hope that I can help you..”

Getting no response from the tall brunette, Taeyeon heaved a deep sigh before she took another file on the table and start going through the document.

 

Minutes passed when Sooyoung suddenly spoke “..tae..”

“Hmm?” Taeyeon turned, fixing her eyes on Sooyoung who is staring on the paper in her hand, but her mind surely not there.

“..what if.. what if.. I fall in love with her?” Sooyoung whispered silently, but enough to get Taeyeon’s full attention, for she is closing the map on her lap.

“..we’re in a contract marriage..” Sooyoung spoke quietly “and it will end like.. around a month more..”

“..now that it almost end.. why the hell I should fall in love with her?” Sooyoung said desperately.

“..did she know?”

“I did mentioned it in our late argument..”

“..well.. do you mind to tell me why you both fighting?”

Sooyoung’s lips shut tight, biting her lower lip nervously.

“Okay Soo, how do I help you if you don’t--..”

“I was jealous..” Sooyoung spoke swiftly, her face red in embarrassment when Taeyeon stays in silent.

“..Soo--..”

“Okay, I know it was immature, and childish..” Sooyoung cut “..i know..” she mumbled “..i just can’t help it..”

“..it’s not immature..” Taeyeon spoke “you do have every right to feel that way for your wife..” Taeyeon comforted “..i do feel that way sometimes..”

Sooyoung sighed inwardly before she continued “..she danced with Jonghyun that time.. and I was just jealous and disappointed because she didn’t reject the offer and instead of staying the night with me, she preferred spending it with Jonghyun..”

“I fled from the scene because I couldn’t take more of how Jonghyun stared at her..” Sooyoung mumbled “i went into another champagne table..” Sooyoung paused, heaved a deep sigh before she continued “..do you know Yuri?”

“Oh, she is a friend of mine..” Taeyeon’s brows creased in confused for hearing Yuri’s name mentioned out of nowhere “she is uncle Jiyoung’s daughter.. they’re both lawyer.. and uncle Jiyoung has been working with my father for years..” and despite of the confusion, taeyeon answered “..why Yuri’s name come out of nowhere?”

“Let’s just say that I know the woman.. and I owe the lawyer something..” Sooyoung answered “and don’t ask why..”

Taeyeon shrugged, silently agreeing.

“When I pissed off, watching over my wife dancing with another man.. Yuri came..” Sooyoung mumbled “we talked..” she added “we really just talked..”

“And in the middle of our conversation.. Yoona suddenly came and dragged me into a room near there..” Sooyoung said “she was angry.. and that’s how we got into the argument..”

“Why she got angry?”

“..she.. accused me for flirting with Yuri..”

Taeyeon’s brows furrowed “so?”

“So?” Sooyoung asked back, giving her bestfriend a questioned look.

“Did you?”

“No!” Sooyoung said defended “obviously not! why should I when I know that I am married!”

“So, Yoona mad just because you’re talking with Yuri?”

“Maybe?”

“Come on, Soo… I’m not a kid..”

Sooyoung eyed the petite woman hesitantly before she spoke “..fine.. maybe when Yuri leaned closer and whispered something right on my ear.. that’s when Yoona came..”

“What did she whisper about?”

Sooyoung shrugged “nothing important.. just invited me to go out from the party with her..”

“What?!”

“I said no!!” Sooyoung quickly answered.

“She is hitting on you, Soo!!”

“And I know my place!! I’m married, and I clearly aware of that!!”

“So, did Yuri know that you’re married?”

“..no.. she thought that Yoona is my cousin..” Sooyoung answered “and again, don’t ask me why..”

“Soo, maybe you should tell Yuri that you’re married..” taeyeon suggested.

“I’m not the one who is trying to hide our marriage..” Sooyoung replied “Yoona introduces me to her friends as her cousin.. so even Jonghyun thinks that I’m her cousin..” she said desperately.

“Okay, I know Yuri, Soo..” Taeyeon said “she is not a bad woman, but she is just that typical person who will get whatever she wants, without any exception…” Taeyeon added “..and in this case, she wants you..”

“And?”

“Soo!! she is hitting on you, and your wife maybe realize it..” taeyeon said “that’s why she is mad.. she is jealous, Soo..”

“No way..” Sooyoung let out a sarcastic chuckle “Yoona is not jealous.. she clearly wasn’t..”

“Hmm? Care to explain?”

“When we fight in that room, I confessed.. I said, I fall for her, tae!” Sooyoung sighed “and she went silent!! Do you know how embarrassing it was?!”

“Maybe she was trying to get what you mean, or.. or—or trying to find the right words to say..”

“Come on, Tae! How hard could it be!” Sooyoung said wearily “she can just say ‘sorry, I don’t love you..’ or ‘yes, I do feel the same..’.. which part of it that hard?!”

“What happened after that?”

“I left.. what do you expected me to do?” Sooyoung asked sarcastically “getting myself more embarrassed than how I already was?!”

“Oh, Come on, Soo!! You shouldn’t just left!! Don’t tell me after living with her you don’t know what kind of person she is!” Taeyeon replied “she has pride issue! She won’t tell you if she is in love with you, which she is..”

Sooyoung gave another sarcastic chuckle when she spoke “what make you so sure?”

“She kisses you in front of us! Soo, she never done it before!” taeyeon stated “..and she has been better when she is with you..”

“I don’t know, Taeng.. i used to think that way, until she chose Jonghyun than me..”

“She loves you, Soo..” Taeyeon said “besides, maybe you should clarify your confession..”

“Sorry? Which part of my confession is not clear enough?”

“Well, maybe you should just say things like ‘Yoona, I am in love with you’.. or something similar with that?”

“And let her throw it on my face by saying ‘see! I told you, nobody will not falling in love with me!’..”

“She won’t do that.. not when she is in love with you..”

“Which she isn’t..”

“Trust yourself more, Soo.. you’re attractive..” Taeyeon cheered “the very same reason why Yuri can’t let you pass..”

Sooyoung rolled her eyes “let’s not talking about her.. having to deal with my feeling for Yoona already give me headache..”

“And heartache..”

“Yeah, right! and that’s really helpful!!”

Taeyeon chuckled “give it a try.. you’re already this far, anyway..”

“It will make no difference..”

“You won’t know if you don’t give it a try..” Taeyeon said, patting Sooyoung’s shoulder lightly “it’s Yoona.. try harder..” she said “she will confess when she is ready..” Taeyeon smiled, before going back to her files, leaving Sooyoung with her own thought, doubting between try harder..

Or just leaving before she falls deeper..