I. Cold Rain

On A Rainy Day
   Andy Lee's "You & Me" played from my headphones as the rain lightly fell on my shoulders. I looked around the streets, seeing the lamps turn on a bright yellow color. It made me grin, seeing how the light manipulated the darkness in a sea of colours. I immediately ran across the street, smiling like a little child that just did something they weren't supposed too. I took out my phone from the pocket of my sweater and looked over at the directions that were recorded on the map.
 
   "Make a left at the Yongsan-gu Station, and then keep on going straight." I mumbled to myself while looking around the almost empty streets. "Aigoo, I'm already late." I followed the directions, humming along to a song that began to play on my phone. 
 
   My shoulder bumped against someone else, making my phone fall from my hand and straight to the wet ground. I immediately bowed my head, biting my lip, "Mianhamnida. I wasn't looking towards where I was going." 
 
   "That's okay," a deep voice answered. He leaned down and got my phone. I took notice of the dyed blond hair, the natural hair colour coming in from the roots. "I wasn't exactly towards where I was going either." He handed me my phone and sent me a gummy smile. I smiled softly, taking the phone and bowing my head once again. 
 
   "Kansahamnida," I said with a smile. "I should have seen where I was going though." I looked down at my phone, trying to clean it out with my sweater.
 
   "You're lost," he commented. Was I that obvious? "Where are you going? Maybe I can help you."
 
   I stared at him for acouple of seconds, wondering whether I should trust him. His face, to me, seemed trustful. I immediately searched for the address on my phone and showed it to him. He took my phone halfway and nodded, biting his lower lip and then smiling at me. 
 
   "Do you know where it is?" I asked. He nodded, sending me another gummy smile. Somehow, I found that smile really attractive. It was certainly a cute smile, and it made me feel even more comfortable around him. 
 
   "I'm heading there right now. Maybe I can take you." I nodded vigorously, sending him a big grin.
 
   "Chincha?! Oppa, could you take me there?" I grabbed his arm and pulled on it. He laughed, but nodded. His laugh was deep - deep and rich. Even though it was deep, it was calming. 
 
   "Ne," he laughed. "I'll take you." 
 
   We made small talk while walking, sometimes laughing at the most foolish things. We sounded childish, but it was okay for the moment. I found it calming whenever our conversation would die into a calming silence. It wasn't weird, nor uncomfortable, simply calming. I could hear his breathing at times, whenever the rain decided to calm down into a small drizzle. Then there was those times where we would hear our voices along with the rain hitting the roofs of the buildings and our umbrellas. Then came the moment where he began to ask me questions, "Why are you in Seoul, if you don't mind me asking of course."
 
   "My parents thought it would be good for me to come to the city and study," I mumbled with a soft chuckle escaping my throat. "Suncheon didn't have that many opportunities for my future, since my parents want me to become something big." I couldnt't tell him the real reason why I came to Seoul, because I didn't know him that well. I didn't even know his name.

   "Ah," he chuckled. "So you're from the country? That's nice. I'm from Incheon." He looked down at me, smiling as he kept explaining about Incheon and Seoul, the country and Seoul. He was trying to make me realize that the country and Seoul were two different things, even though I already knew. It was as if he were my teacher for the city, teaching me what I should do and what I should not. Moments after walking calmly it began to rain once again, which made me smile and bring my hand away from he umbrella. I could feel the gentle drops fall on my hands, rolling from my palm to the floor. 
 
   "Even though I love the rain," I looked up at him. "It's really cold." He laughed and nodded, taking off the leather jacket that he was wearing and wrapping it around my shoulders. I looked down at it, his scent coming through my nostrils and making me feel calm once again. "Aniyo, I can't take it."

   "Consider it lent," A soft smirk appeared on his lips as he looked up at the crying sky. "Next time we see each other, you'll give it back, okay?" A smile began to form on my lips as I pulled the jacket closer to my body.

   "Arasseo," I nodded. We walked a few more blocks before coming up the the big villa building. We walked in, and he followed me till I reached my uncle's door. I was going to knock, but he put his hand on my shoulder caused me to stop and turn to him. He had a smile on his lips, his eyes now peering into mine for the first time since we met. I could feel my blood rush to my cheeks and to my ears-all because of his look.

   "I didn't catch your name." He grinned. I bit my lip and looked around. It would do no harm to tell him my name. After all, the next time I see him, I could be familiar with him and give him his jacket back. The next time... 

   "Jung Mo Ne," I smiled. He nodded, biting his lip and taking steps back while hitting his hand with his phone. A smile appeared on his lips as he turned around and went on towards where ever he was going. "You didn't tell me your name!" I called back. 

   "Bang Yong Guk!" he called out without stopping. I leaned against the door, biting my lip and playing with the jacket while a small smile appeared on my face.

   "Yongguk..." I repeated with a soft grin. A small chuckle escaped my lips as the door opened, welcoming me in to my new home.