Chapter 2

My Childish Bride

Woohyun's POV:

I inwardly groaned as I looked around the lavishly set-up ballroom.

"This is really too much for a girl turning 18. She's still a teenager," I grumbled.

"Who cares? It makes it more fun for the guests," Sungyeol shrugged as he plucked an appetizer off a platter before popping it into his mouth.

"Oh my gosh, Hyung. You have to try one of these. They are so good!"

"No thanks," I rolled my eyes in rejection to the piece of food.

"Suit yourself," Sungyeol shrugged for the second time and ate it instead.

"Hyung, what's wrong?" Sungjong tugged at my sleeve.

"This," I responded as I gestured to the whole event.

"I just don't get it. Why does INFINITE need to be here at this extremely posh party for a spoiled princess?"

"Business is my guess," L interjected.

"Ahh, Myungsoo!" A deep voice interrupted INFINITE's discussion and addressed the boy.

"Hello Mr. Choi," L immediately bowed and gave his greetings to the elder.

"You have grown into a fine young man, my boy. You look just like your father when he was your age," Mr. Choi chuckled.

"Mr. Choi, this is INFINITE," L introduced us together.

"Sunggyu-Hyung, Dongwoo-Hyung, Woohyun-Hyung, Howon-Hyung, Sungyeol-Hyung, and Sungjong."

"Hello, we are INFINITE," we all greeted together.

"Welcome boys. Thank you for attending my daughter's party tonight. I am sure you are very busy so I thank you for taking the time out of your hectic schedules to attend this event. As I'm sure you all know, I have a very important announcement to make tonight regarding my daughter."

"What would that be Mr. Choi?" Hoya dared to ask.

"You shall see my boy, very soon. But first, let me present my daughter."

Mr. Choi made a grand sweeping gesture that signaled the lights to dim down and the crowd fell into a hush.

"Turning 18 today, presenting Miss Choi Yunmi!" A voice boomed through the stereos and a spotlight was cast over a small figure.

I nearly choked on my beverage when I saw what she actually looked like.

"What the hell?" I raised an eyebrow.

She was dressed in an outlandish pink dress adorned with ruffles and bows; her hair curled in extravagnant waves and a floral crown that rested upon the top of her head.

Sure, she was pretty and all that, but she looked like a living doll of some sort.

"Hyung, are you that mesmerized by her?"

I felt an arm nudge my side and I snapped out of my gaping trance to face Dongwoo.

"Mesmerized? Like hell I would be," I spluttered.

"I mean look at her. She looks like some sort of lolita doll or what not. And is she clutching a stuffed animal? Remind me how old she's turning..."

"Sure she looks childish," Sunggyu-Hyung nodded.

"But she's awfully cute."

"L, why are you not concerned over this?" I asked the emotionless teen.

"Yunmi has always dressed that way," he answered while crossing his arms.

"It's completely normal."

"Yeah, maybe for when you two were little!" I argued back.

"Whatever," L shrugged my comment off.

"Ahem, excuse me." Mr. Choi turned the attention toward himself as he strode towards his daughter.

"I have an announcement to make. As you all know, my daughter has turned 18 today. I have decided that she shall be married."

That did it and I completely choked on my drink.

"Hyung, are you okay?" Sungjong gently patted me on the back as I coughed.

I nodded as I awkwardly hacked away into my sleeve to muffle out the sound as much as possible.

"I have given it a lot of thought and surveillance over the past few months and I have decided that Yunmi will be married to INFINITE's Nam Woohyun."

"WHAT?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!" I yelled.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚

Yunmi's POV:

I gently smiled to myself as I heard Father announce that I was to be married.

I've always wanted to be a bride and a perfect wife.

I felt myself blush a bit as I thought of who my husband would be.

'Will it be Myunsoo-Oppa?'

I have always had a crush on him since we were little. He was so cute as a child and he was like a prince to me with his crazy good looks and kind nature.

"I have given it a lot of thought and surveillance over the past few months and I have decided that Yunmi will be married to INFINITE's Nam Woohyun."

My smile faltered.

'Nam Woohyun? I don't think I've ever met any of the INFINITE members except for Myungsoo. Who's Nam Woohyun?'

"WHAT?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!" I heard a male cry from the crowd.

"Father, how can you expect me to marry someone I haven't ever met?" I quietly hissed to him.

"We will talk about how I came to that conclusion later," he replied in the same manner and I knew that I should keep my mouth shut.

"Ah, Nam Woohyun. There you are. Would you please join me and my daughter?"

I scanned the crowd and strained my eyes to pick out the man my father had chosen for me to marry.

"Come here, my boy," Father repeated.

I found myself focused on a lean male pushing through the crowd.

'He's pretty handsome, actually,' I thought to myself as he came nearer.

'But not as handsome as Myungsoo-Oppa. Father, why did you choose this man instead of Myungsoo-Oppa?'

"I would like to make a toast now! To my daughter and her new fiance Nam Woohyun! May you two live happily ever after!"

"May you live happily ever after!" The crowd echoed Father and raised their glasses.

"Carry on now," Father signaled for the party to resume.

"You two can come with me now. I'm sure you have questions."

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚

No One's POV:

"Mr. Choi, I am....flattered that you chose me but I don't see why your daughter needs to be married right now? She just turned 18," Woohyun tried to reason with Mr. Choi.

"You know Mr. Nam, I was actually considering having Yunmi be engaged to Myungsoo instead since the two of them know each other. However I feel that Myungsoo is too cold of a person to give love and warmth to my daughter. He's a good boy, but I don't appreciate his aloofness some times."

"Mr. Choi, while I agree with you on L's isolation from the group, you still have not given a good reason as to why Miss Choi needs to be married at 18," Woohyun tried again.

"I guess you're right. But the reason why I want Yunmi to be married is part of another announcement that even I haven't told her yet."

"Father? What are you talking about?" Yunmi asked.

"Your mother and I are leaving Korea for awhile. I have been offered an opportunity in the United States that will consist of me being away for more than 4 years. I can't take you us, my dear, because it would intefere with your studies. All your private tutors and instructors live here. It would just make much more sense for you to stay in Korea. However, you need someone to take care of you. I don't want my princess to live alone."

"And so that requires you to have her married asap?" Woohyun snapped.

"Mr. Nam. What would you suggest then?" Mr. Choi challenged the younger male.

"Assign her a butler. Have her nanny take care of her. Get security. I don't really care, but marriage isn't the option," Woohyun rattled off solutions.

"I have considered all of them," Mr. Choi sat back in his chair as he fiddled with a pen.

"However there are two reasons as to why those proposals have been ruled out. Although hiring a butler or security is a good idea, I don't trust them. Not only have I had some bad experiences with a few in the past, but I don't want them taking advantage of my little princess. She is very delicate and precious. And though Yunmi and her nanny are very close, I believe she should have at least one more friend around with her."

"Ugh," Woohyun sat down and held his head in his hands.

He knew he wasn't getting out of this one.

"I'll marry him," a quiet voice spoke up.

"What's that darling? I couldn't hear you that well," Mr. Choi sat up in his chair.

"I said I'll marry him. I understand Father. Really, I do. So, I'll marry Mr. Nam Woohyun," Yunmi gave a gentle smile.

"Good girl, you are a fine young lady," Mr. Choi beamed at his daughter.

"Well, Mr. Nam? Yunmi has agreed to marry you."

"I'm going to regret this so much. Whatever," Woohyun threw up his hands in defeat.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚

Thank you, you for viewing "My Childish Bride" Please comment ~ ^.^