Chapter 5

My Childish Bride

Woohyun's POV:

"Do I really have to be dragged along for this?" I complained for the nth time as Yunmi and I got in the car.

"Father says you need to be as involved in the wedding planning as I am," Yunmi shot back.

"And how exactly are you 'involved'?" I rolled my eyes.

"I mean, really. Neither of us should really be involved in the wedding planning if you ask me. We were arranged to be married. Let's not try and pretend to be extremely happy about this and plan out this wedding like it's really between the two of us because we want to do it out of love."

Yunmi didn't answer my remark.

"Don't have anything to say now, do you?" I gave a smirk.

"You know I'm right. I'm sorry, Yunmi, but we have to be honest here. We are not marrying for love. We are marrying because your father guilt tripped us both into thinking we could go through with it."

"So?" Yunmi finally spoke.

"Woah sheesh, calm down. You don't need to be so uptight about this," I explained.

"I really don't care," Yunmi turned her attention toward the window.

"You really need to stop acting like a child and playing pretend!"

"You're horrible," I heard her voice crack and that's when I knew I had taken it too far.

'. Nam Woohyun. You really are horrible. You just made her cry.'

"Yunmi, I'm sorry. Please don't cry," I tried to soothe her.

"I understand the truth behind this marriage, Woohyun," she sniffled back at me.

"But is it so bad to play pretend and act like we're really getting married for love?"

"I don't understand the logic in that" I calmly explained back.

"You know neither of us can get out or will be able to get out of this marriage. Woohyun, we're really getting married. For good. That's it. As soon as the "I do's" and we're announced as husband and wife. We really ARE husband and wife."

"And your point is?" I asked.

"My point is that the reality is we're getting married. We're going to have to live with each other. Be around each other. Interract with each other. Attend events together. We're going to be labeled as husband and wife for the rest of our lives."

"Yunmi can you stop trying to explain this to me in a round-about-way and just get to the point?" I sighed, exasperated.

"I'm pretending that this marriage is for love because we're going to have to love each other anyway," she returned my sigh.

"We're stuck with each other Woohyun. It's not like we're going to have the freedom to love anyone else. So why bother putting up a fight or looking like we obviously don't care about the wedding? We're going to fall in love regardless of anything."

"That is the most ridiculous thing you have ever said to me," I raised my eyebrow at her.

"You don't force yourself to love someone. Heck, you don't even CHOOSE who you love in the end. The person you love is someone who you will love when it is the time and it is the person that you were meant to love is present in your life."

"Then I guess we just think differently," Yunmi concluded and then returned her attention to the window.

"How much farther?" She asked the driver.

"We're almost there Miss Yunmi," he responded.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚

Yunmi's POV:

"Miss Yunmi, Mr. Nam, we have arrived," the driver said as he stopped the car.

"Great. Thank you," I forced a smile at the driver and slid out of the car as fast as I could.

'I don't want to be near or even talk to that guy,' I grumbled to myself.

'For someone who thinks I act like a child, I can't believe that he's acting like one as well. Isn't he like, 4 years older than I am too? He's in his 20's!'

I continued to rant to myself and angrily pushed open the doors to the bridal salon.

"Welcome Miss Yunmi," the consultant bowed to me before looking up with a quizzical look.

"Excuse me Miss Yunmi. But where is the groom?"

"I'm here, I'm here!"

I turned around to see Woohyun burst through the doors.

"Geez Yunmi, why were you in such a hurry to get out of the car and to the salon? You practically sprinted for the door as soon as you got out as well."

'Cause I didn't want to have to deal with you.'

"Sorry," I muttered instead.

"Well now that the two of you have arrived, Miss Yunmi come with me," the consultant smiled and held out her hand to guide me in the direction towards the fitting rooms.

"Please wait here Mr. Nam. Can I get you something to drink?" I heard another consultant guide Woohyun in the opposite direction.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚

I uncomfortably shifted in my seat as the bridal consultant eyed me for a few minutes.

"Miss Yunmi. Do you know what you are looking for in a wedding dress?"

Just hearding the words "wedding dress" gave me a funny feeling.

'I'm only 18. I really shouldn't be getting married. Much less thinking of my wedding dress at my age.'

"Miss Yunmi?" The consultant asked me again.

"Oh, I'm sorry," I apologized for spacing out.

"I am not sure what I am looking for. I'm only 18 and I only recently was informed of my marriage. However, I have some ideas of what I do and do not like in dresses."

"Go ahead," the consultant nodded.

"I am not suited for empire waist dresses. They make me appear a bit more wider than I really am. I do not want a princess ball gown, but I don't want something that's too tight fitting and y. I love lace and a little bit of sparkle is okay, but I would prefer if it didn't have any."

"Miss Yunmi," the consultant poliety smiled but I could tell her face had hardened a bit.

"The dress that you are describing sounds lovely but it seems a bit....well, to be blunt, plain. There's nothing wrong with wanting a modest, simple dress but it is your wedding day and you are the daughter of a very successful man. I should think that your dress would be something more spectacular than just a lace sheath dress."

I inwardly groaned.

'Sometimes I hate adults. They think they know what's best for you but it can be that they just don't.'

"May I remind you," I smiled back but put a bit of a warning tone in my voice.

"This is my wedding. If I want to look a certain way on my wedding day I should be given that right to look that way. As you put it, I am the daughter of a successful man. However I don't think he'd be very pleased to hear that I was forced into some over-the-top-froo-froo-blinged-out gown that I absolutely hate with a burning passion. You are going to find me the dress I want and I am going to wear the dress on my wedding day. End of discussion. Thank you."

I sweetly smiled and rejoyced at the consultant's reaction.

"I will be back shortly," she responded after carefully weighing her options.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚

Woohyun's POV:

'What is taking her so long? How long does it take to just pick a dress and throw it on your body?' I groaned and slumped back into my seat.

"Can I get you another cup of tea?" The consultant asked for the nth time within the hour.

"No thank you," I tried to remain calm.

"Mr. Nam?" Yunmi's consultant finally came around the corner.

"Miss Yunmi is ready to show you her favorite choice."

For some odd reason, my heart was pounding.

"Okay," was all that I could manage back.

'Why am I like this? It's just a large white dress that is never going to be worn after this day. This day isn't even that significant compared to other couples who marry for love.'

"Are you coming or not?" I impatiently said.

"I'm coming. I'm coming. Sheesh, you're so bossy," Yunmi appeared from around the corner.

I swear, did my heart just stop?

She looked absolutely beautiful and stunning in her pick.

"Wow," I could feel my mouth getting dry.

"What? Is it "too plain"?" She sarcastically shot back.

"Not at all," my mouth was still open.

"You look...beautiful," I managed.

"Thank you," Yunmi seemed a bit taken aback by my reaction but accepted it after a few seconds.

"I really wanted something more simple and elegant. I didn't want anything too over the top."

"You made a good choice. To be honest, I would have mocked you more or rolled my eyes if I saw come around that corner in a princess ball gown," I sheepishly admitted.

"Why?" She asked.

"Because it's too predictable. You're so cute naturally that I would have thought your childhood fantasies about a wedding dress would have been a big gown but in this dress you look beautiful and mature."

"You think I'm cute?" Yunmi blushed a bit.

'Aigoo...yes...yes I do,' I admitted to myself.

"Cute as in childish!" I shot back.

'Stupid. You should have just told the truth,' I kicked myself mentally.

"Well. I'm wearing this one. I'll take it. We can leave now," Yunmi looked at me.

I couldn't exactly tell what her face was supposed to be saying to me, but I knew that I definitely had messed up the moment that we shared for a few seconds.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚

Author's Notes:

OH YEEAHHH WEDDING TIMMME. Hahaha, I hope you enjoy ~

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚

Thank you, you for viewing "My Childish Bride" Please comment ~ ^.^