Chapter 3

My Childish Bride

Woohyun's POV:

'What the hell did I just agree to?' I nervously chewed on my lower lip as I stared at my new fiance.

Mr. Choi had left the two of us alone in the room after both of us had agreed to marry each other.

Something about letting us 'talk' or 'bond,' I'm not quite sure. I've been in a daze ever since I said I would marry her.

The air between us was awkward and heavy.

"So," I began.

"I'm only marrying you because it is Father's wish," came her short reply before I could even finish my sentence.

'Ouch,' I thought to myself.

"Yeah, well. I don't want to marry you either," I shot back.

I saw her eyes widen a bit before they fell to the floor.

"That came out a bit harsher than I intended...but it's true," I tried explaining in a calmer tone.

"I think you understand where I'm coming from, since you don't want to marry me either."

"I'm not really sure why Father picked you," Yunmi finally stood up from her seat and put her hands on her hips.

"You're nothing more than a player, a casanova. I know of guys like you!" She held out a finger and gave me her fiercest stare, which, quite honestly, was just a really cute pout.

"First of all, you're not scaring anyone. And second, I am not a player. I don't have time for fooling around with girls."

"Uhhu sure, I don't believe you!"

"Why you-!" I began but immediately stopped when I heard my cell phone go off.

"I have to take this," I put up a hand and turned my back to her.

"I knew it," I heard her scoff behind me.

I rolled my eyes and put the receiver to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hyung!" The voice of my younger brother, Daeho came through the other end.

"What's up? Are you okay? Do you need something? I'm a bit busy right now," I hushed into the phone.

"Oh. Sorry. I'm okay, nothing's wrong here. I was just getting a bit lonely that's all. I thought you said you'd be home early tonight! Where are you?"

"I'm attending an event with INFINITE currently. It was a last minute schedule change. I'm sorry. I should have called you before to let you know. I'll see you soon though, okay? I just need to finish something up here and I'll be on my way back quickly, okay?"

"Okay! I'll see you soon, Hyung! Work hard!"

I chuckled to myself as I hung up.

'That kid. He's just too cute. He's the reason why I keep performing and singing.'

Then I remembered that Yunmi was in the room and I slowly turned back to face her.

She did not look happy.

'Guess I have some explaining to do. Or maybe I can have a bit of fun with her.'

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚

Yunmi's POV:

I kept the pout on my face until Woohyun's back was turned to me.

'How ignorant! He's picking up the phone for some other girl? He's MY fiance now. How DARE he!'

"Hello? What's up? Are you okay? Do you need something? I'm a bit busy right now," I heard him quietly speak into the phone.

'Being secretive? He's definitely up to something. I can't believe him.'

"I'm attending an event with INFINITE currently. It was a last minute schedule change. I'm sorry. I should have called you before to let you know. I'll see you soon though, okay? I just need to finish something up here and I'll be on my way back quickly, okay?"

'Hah, and he said he wasn't a player. Yeah right. The guy lied to my face!'

I saw him close his phone with a playful smile on his face.

I stopped to stare for a moment as he lightly ruffled his hair and let out a small laugh.

'Whoever she is, she must be really important to him because she makes him smile and laugh like that. I wish I could make someone as happy as that.'

Maybe he wasn't as bad as I had initially thought.

Then I saw his muscle tense up a bit and I took that as my cue to look stern again.

I folded my arms while I as at it as well.

"Uh," he sheepishly stuttered.

"I knew it. I just knew it!" I huffed and threw my hands up.

"You're a player! I feel sorry for your girlfriend back home. You got engaged tonight and all you could tell her was 'I'm a bit busy but I'll hurry home'? You're also a coward."

I saw him raise an eyebrow at me and then give me a smirk.

"Oh, I guess you caught me. Well, sort of. You see, I'm not a player at all but I do have a wonderful, beautiful, smart, and talented girlfriend back home. She's so sweet that I couldn't bear to tell her the bad news over the phone. Something like this has to be done in person. I'm very committed to her and so don't think for one minute that I will let this arranged marriage turn into anything. In fact, you should be thankful that you get to marry me. I mean, have you SEEN me?"

He held out his arms and gave me a cold stare.

I swallowed a bit as I saw his piercing eyes glare through me; they were definitely not the same warm ones he had on earlier.

"I'm....I'm sorry," I backed off and returned to being my shy, reserved self.

"I didn't mean to call you out like that. I'm sure your girlfriend is a lovely lady. I can ask Father if he can choose someone else."

"She is. Thank you." Was his short relpy.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚

Woohyun's POV:

I gave Yunmi my best smirk as I told her about my non-existant girlfriend.

'She's totally buying it too,' I laughed internally.

"I'm....I'm sorry."

My smile faltered as I saw her shrink back into her seat.

"I didn't mean to call you out like that. I'm sure your girlfriend is a lovely lady. I can ask Father if he can choose someone else."

I let my face fall as I saw her eyes wander back to the ground.

'I took it too far,' I mentally kicked myself.

"She is. Thank you."

That was the only thing I could think of.

'Maybe it's for the best if she thinks I really do have a girlfriend. Then I could get out of this and she could be married to someone that will be at least a bit nicer to her.'

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚

Author's Notes:

Sorry for the long wait and no updates for the past few weeks! I moved into my dorm for college and I am in my second week of classes. I wanted to get adjusted to the lifestyle and work load before I continuted the story.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚

Thank you, you for viewing "My Childish Bride" Please comment ~ ^.^