Chapter 4

My Childish Bride

Yunmi's POV:

I watched as Woohyun slipped out of the room and Father came in.

"Well? How is he?"

"Father," I began and bit my lip.

"Father, I don't think that I should marry Woohyun."

"And why is that?" He raised an eyebrow.

"He already has a serious girlfriend whom he really loves. I don't think it's fair to let him be engaged and then married to me when he is already committed to someone else."

"Good heavens child, what did he tell you?" Father sighed and ran a hand through his styled hair.

"Do you really think I'd let you get engaged to a man who already has a significant other? Honey, he does not have a girlfriend. I suspect he just was teasing you or wanted to get out of the engagment."

'That lowlife,' I growled inside.

"Oh, I didn't realize," I sweetly addressed Father.

"It's alright. Are you ready to go back out to the party and talk to some people?"

"Yes. I am."

I took Father's arm and let him lead me back to the main party.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚

Woohyun's POV:

I nodded to Mr. Choi in acknowledgement as I stepped out and he stepped in to the room.

'She's probably going to find out that I don't have a girlfriend now.'

"HYUNG!!!!!!!" Sungyeol yelled as soon as I had returned to the party.

"Wow, that was some announcement," Sunggyu-Hyung half-heartedly clapped.

"Congratulations," Dongwoo-Hyung gave me a slap on the back.

"This is just weird. You didn't even know you were going to be engaged?" Hoya questioned.

"I'm happy for you Hyung! You get to marry such a cute girl," Sungjong praised.

"I didn't see that one coming. I wonder why he chose you?" L muttered.

"Actually L, you were the first choice," I reported.

"Oh really?" L raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah. The only reason why you weren't picked in the end was because Mr. Choi had doubts about your attitude. He said that sometimes you're too aloof from people and he didn't want Yunmi to be married to someone who wouldn't give her love and affection."

"Whatever."

"Hyung, there she is!" Sungjong jabbed my side and pointed up towards the balcony.

"Ugh. I can't get over how she dresses though," I inspected her again.

"She's 18, but she makes me think I'm a e or something creepy if she dresses like a child."

"Hyung, you are a e though!" Sungyeol snorted.

"Shut up you tree!" I slapped his shoulder in retaliation.

"Like calling him a 'tree' or 'tall' is an insult," Sunggy-Hyung laughed.

"It is!" I argued back.

"What does he even contribute to INFINITE other than being a model's height and some acting skills?"

"You better not take that any further," Sunggyu-Hyung's laughter turned cold.

"Oops. I'm sorry," I immediately apologized to him and Sungeyol at the same time.

I forgot how much Sunggyu-Hyung hates it when fans and of course members suggest that Sungyeol has not official role in INFINITE.

"Nam Woohyun."

I suddenly felt someone's presence next to me.

"Mr. Choi?" I asked, half-surprised and half-scared.

"Did you tell Yunmi that you had a serious girlfriend?" He questioned.

"Uh. Mr. Choi. I can explain the situation," I slightly panicked

"Please do."

"Yunmi and I were talking and she falsely accused me of being a player. I received a phone call from my younger brother, Daeho, in the middle of our squabble and so I decided to just a little bit and pretend that it was my girlfriend over the phone. I'm sorry. I did not realize that she would take my joke so seriously," I chose my words carefully.

"I figured that you were teasing her," Mr. Choi broke out into a chuckle.

"For someone who is very cute and playful as Yunmi, I'm surprised she took your joke so seriously as well. It must be because she already likes you."

I nearly choked on my drink.

"Excuse me? Already?"

"Yunmi hasn't had many friends in general," Mr. Choi explained.

"She's been very sheltered by myself and her mother. We didn't want her to attend a normal school as a child because she's so precious to us and so she never really made any girl friends, much less any boy friends. The only other child she's ever interracted with before was Myungsoo when he was a boy. But now Myungsoo is too busy promoting with INFINITE and is just too serious for her so they naturally drifted apart."

'She must have been lonely,' I sadly thought to myself.

"This is why you were chosen Nam Woohyun. You are a "happy-vitamin" like Yunmi. You bring smiles and joy to others through your jokes and wit. You are able to laugh at yourself when you fail and you make life bright for all those around you. This is the kind of person I want my Yunmi to have in her life and for the rest of her life. I want to see her bright and happy for all her days on earth and you are the person who can do that for her. Please make her happy forever."

I gulped at his request.

"I will do my best. It is an honor to have been chosen by you Mr. Choi."

"I look forward to having you as a son-in-law. I have already discussed this matter with your parents of course. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to make this announcement tonight. We begin planning for the wedding immediately."

"Immediately? What about my activities with INFINITE?"

"INFINITE has just ended promotions for Destiny, correct? Well, I'm assuming you'll have plently of free time on hand now."

"Yes sir," I gave in.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚

Author's Notes:

Hello my faithful subbers, thank you for still being here with me! College has been a breeze so far, but with little time to spare. This is why I have not updated for months. I plan on writing a small chapter each day though during my break for Thanksgiving and you can count on more updates during Winter Break in another few weeks!

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚

Thank you, you for viewing "My Childish Bride" Please comment ~ ^.^