Chapter 6

My Childish Bride

Woohyun's POV

"Thank you for your time," I watched as Yunmi said her goodbyes to the wedding team.

"Are you ready to go?" I asked.

"Yes, I'm ready. Let's go back home," She replied.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚

It was silent in the car on the ride home. I couldn't help but notice her staring out the window.

'She looks pretty...' I thought to myself before taking in the rest of her being.

'But I really can't get over how she dresses.'

Then I got an idea.

"Hey Yunmi, I was thinking. Maybe we could do some shopping on the way home?"

"Shopping?" Yunmi's eyebrow raised a bit, but I could see her excitement rising.

"Yeah, I think it would be fun. But we're going on my terms, okay?"

"You're terms? What are they?"

"You can't try on or buy just anything you want. I get to decide what you try on."

"That kind of defeats the purpose though...right?" Yunmi questioned.

"Well if you don't want to go then that's fine too. We can just go back home and do nothing with the rest of our day," I shrugged and feigned an expression.

"No! I want to go," She interjected back.

"I agree to your terms. Let's go!"

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚

Yunmi's POV:

I squealed with excitement as we entered the lavish mall and quickly made for my favorite store.

"Uhuh," I felt a hand pull me back from the direction I was heading towards.

"We're not going there today," Woohyun shook his head.

"But it's my favorite store!" I whined.

"They sell the most beautiful dresses!"

"We're not shopping for your usual style," Woohyun winked.

"Huh?"

"Yunmi, you're 18 years old and yet you dress like you're still 10. How long have you been dressing like a little princess for?"

"Uhm," I stopped to think for a second.

"I guess my style has been this way ever since I was born."

"Oh help me," I heard Woohyun's exasperation.

"Okay fine. What do you suggest then?" I challenged.

"Come with me and we'll see."

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚

"Hey are you coming out yet? You've been in there for at least 15 minutes," I heard Woohyun complain from the other side of the curtain.

"Hold on," I shot back.

'I can't believe he talked me into this. What am I wearing? I look ridiculous,' I criticized myself as I took another look in the full-bodied mirror.

Woohyun had insisted on taking me to this more urban and modern store that he liked.

'When I said I'd try something different, I didn't think he meant this different.'

I was in a leather jacket and graphic T-shirt paired with stylish white jeans and small black heels.

"Come on," Woohyun begged.

"Fine...." I hesitantly stepped out of the dressing room.

"Wow," I saw his face light up and he gave a nod of approval.

"You look great!"

"I look absolutely ridiculous," I commented back.

"What is this? This is way too far from my style!"

"Okay, okay," Woohyun held his hands up.

"I know it's not what you usually go for at all but you look really grown-up and mature. This is what a girl your age should be dressing as."

"I don't know," I sighed and turned around to look at my reflection again.

"It's just too different."

"Okay, well how about we try something else?" Woohyun suggested.

"After this, I don't know if I trust your style sense for me anymore," I said.

"I just wanted to see you in something very different and put you out of your comfort zone," he admitted.

"I promise. You'll like what I pick next."

'I better...' I grumbled to myself.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚

Woohyun's POV:

After the previous store I knew what I was going to go for in the next look.

"This store," I pointed to the clean and simple, yet girly displays.

"I guess I could try it," Yunmi nodded.

"I'm more comfortable with this place than the other one."

"Welcome, can I help you find anything today?" The associate immediately greeted us.

"Yes, we're looking to upgrade her," I looked at Yunmi.

"UPGRADE?" She almost yelled back in dibelief.

"Okay, wrong word. Sorry," I wracked my brain to clear up the situation.

"Uhm, we want her to look like a nice 18 year old but to not take her too far away from her girlish style."

"I think I can do that," the associate smiled and began pulling items.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚

Again. I'm sitting here waiting for Yunmi to change.

'She takes so long,' I groaned inwardly.

"Okay, I'm done," She finally said and opened the door.

I couldn't say much.

She looked great.

Better than great actually.

"I really like this outfit," She smiled and twirled around.

"I paired a nice floral graphic T-shirt with a dark cardigan to keep that girly element without over-doing it," the associate explained.

"I also gave her a black skirt paried with leggings and comfortable oxford heels. Kind of gives you that 'schoolgirl' look without going over the top."

"I feel so grown up," Yunmi giggled.

"You look good," I finally spoke and cleared my throat.

"I wanted you to see that you can still be a 'princess' without having to deck yourself out in unnecessary ruffles and bows."

"Thank you, Woohyun. I guess I really did need a fashion upgrade. I never knew that how I was dressing before was outdated and childish because Father never told me otherwise."

"Of course he wouldn't. You're his precious little girl and he would hate to see you grow up," I laughed.

"I'll take everything," Yunmi smiled and gave the associate her card.

"I don't need a bag or anything. I'm wearing this out."

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚

Author's Notes:

After a long hiatus (of what...maybe more than 1 year? Almost close to 2?) I have come back! It was actually a good thing for me to take this long break in writing because it gave me time to become inspired again. It also gave me enough time away from all the stories I had been working on to not necessarily "forget" what I had wrote, but to take another look and reread all the chapters I had previously written. It was a good way to indicate where I should go with the story and how to progress it in a better way than if I had just kept chugging along and pumped out random chapters to complete the story. I hope you all are still with me here and continue to read the story. Maybe you need a refresher too? x'D

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*:・゚

Thank you for viewing "My Childish Bride" Please comment ~ ^.^