Chapter 04: It's Over

My Beautiful Forbidden Desire

Sungmin breathed in while tying his school uniform tie on. “Ok Sungmin, you can go to school today and just tell him right away. We’re through.” He tried telling himself in the most confident way possible for him not matter how much he was hurting right now. He headed down stairs with his bag and head out before telling his mom good-bye. He walked the same path he usually did feeling his heart pound harder into him with every step. “I can do this,” he repeated to himself breathing a bit heavily now. He suddenly stopped. “I can’t do this,” he said with a palm to his face covering him from the tears that felt like they could fall any moment. “Hey, are you ok?” asked a familiar voice. He looked up to see somebody familiar. “Kim Hyun Joong?” he gasped feeling a sudden impulse hit the pit of his heart in a good way. “What are you doing around here?” Sungmin asked cleaning the tears away from his eyes as he put a pretend smile on his face. “I’m going to school with you.” Hyun Joong said with a charming smile. “What?” Sungmin noticed Hyun Joong wearing the same uniform. “How?” he questioned. “Well, would you like me to explain while we walk?” Hyun Joong asked with a warm smile. Sungmin nodded as they started to the school. “I transferred here from Ulsan,” Sungmin stared at him with big eyes. “Wow, that city must be crowded with that population of more than around 1.1 million people.” Sungmin commented while Hyun Joong just smiled and nodded. “Yeah, it is pretty crowded but Seoul has at least 10 million which is way lot more compared to Ulsan.” Sungmin agreed with a smile. “I went to a coffee shop to meet a girl,” Hyun Joong began. “She was my girlfriend but, it’s over because of me moving all the way over here and besides she was moving to America anyways.” Sungmin noticed that Hyun Joong was starting to feel a little down. “Oh, I know how you feel.” Sungmin whispered. “Have you lost someone?” asked Hyun Joong. “Well, not really it’s just that my dad left my mother for…another woman.” Hyun Joong looked at him with an apologetic stare. “I didn’t know the man that well anyways.” Sungmin just smiled. “I’m sure you’ll find someone else.” He patted Hyun Joong’s shoulder. “Thanks,” Hyung Joong gave him another one of those smiles that can just melt everybody. They both reached the school gates and Sungmin noticed Kyuhyun there and early. Sungmin stopped on his tracks making Hyun Joong look at him. “What’s wrong?” he asked with concern looking at him staring at Kyuhyun. “Do you have problems with that guy?” Hyun Joong asked. Sungmin nodded, “Yeah, to be honest. But, right now I just don’t want to face him.” Hyun Joong saw Kyuhyun and then back at Sungmin. “Well, there is no need to face him today if you don’t want to.” He said grabbing Sungmin’s wrist dragging him away from the school gates. “Wait, what are you doing?” Sungmin asked startled at Hyun Joong’s actions. “Let’s go have fun and take your mind off of him.” He said still dragging Sungmin. “But, we have to go to school.” He protested trying to pull his wrist back but Hyun Joong was just too strong.

Kyuhyun looked at the gates again and someone griping onto Sungmin’s hand taking him away from school. ‘What the hell?’ he asked himself starting to walk away from school property but, the guards stopped him telling him he can’t come out of school property once he is in. “,” Kyuhyun quickly ran to the tree and making sure no one was seeing him he quickly climbed up onto the walls and out of school property. “Sungmin, I’m gonna find you.” He told himself running the direction Sungmin and that stranger walked.

“Let’s go here,” Hyun Joong said this time holding onto Sungmin’s hand taking him into Market Street. They entered a store for new trends and looked at the clothing. Hyun Joong bought up a casual looking shirt up to Sungmin seeing if he looked good in it or not. “You…look cute.” He smiled. “Try it on. He pushed Sungmin towards a dressing room. Sungmin looked back at him, “Don’t worry I won’t leave you stranded here.” He rolled his eyes as Sungmin smiled and went in the dressing room. Sungmin came out looking adorable in that casual shirt but, then saw Hyun Joong come at him with a pile of more clothe. “Try these,” he said while Sungmin stared in shocked at the big pile of clothing. After a while Sungmin came out with an outfit after another while Hyun Joong gave him faces, opinions and a few whistles making Sungmin blush throughout the whole time.

Kyuhyun looked for Sungmin in Market Street for hours feeling frustrated that he couldn’t find him. He plopped down on a nearby bench feeling like . “Where are you my Sungminnie?” he asked himself feeling hopeless. “And who was that with you?”

“Oh, let’s go here!” Sungmin said excited when he saw the adorable stuffed toys on display in front of a toy store. “Ok, then let’s go.” Hyun Joong smiled as they entered the area. Sungmin looked at all the toys in awe. He saw a cute bunny with a bow and a piggy nose. “Oh, how adorable.” He said petting the little head of the bunny while Hyun Joong looked at him with a thought in mind. Sungmin looked at the price, “Wow, this is expensive!” he quickly put the stuffed bunny down. “Well, it was nice though.” He said walking up to other toys. Hyun Joong looked at the bunny. He quickly took it from the shelf and brought it to the cash register. “Hello, I would like to buy this.” He took out his wallet and paid the lady for it. “Would you like it in a bag?” she asked as he quickly said yes. He bowed and quickly made his way to Sungmin who didn’t notice he was talking to himself for a while now. “Why don’t we check out other stores?” asked Hyun Joong. Sungmin nodded as they walked out to other store in Street Market.

Hours passed and it was already dark but, Kyuhyun still wouldn’t stop searching for his Minnie. He walked by a coffee shop in the cold night and saw Sungmin and the stranger laughing coming out of the coffee shop. Sungmin looked up in shock to see Kyu before him. Hyun Joong saw Sungmin frozen up and then saw Kyu standing in front of them. Kyuhyun saw their arms locked together as if they were a couple.

“Sungmin,” Kyu began feeling a bulge in his throat seeing Sungmin with somebody else. “Kyu, what are you doing here?” Sungmin asked feeling himself go numb. “I…I need to talk to you.” Kyu responded. “After what happened, I don’t think so.” Sungmin said holding onto Hyun Joong hard as he saw in Minnie’s eyes that he wanted to leave. They both started walking past Kyuhyun but, he caught onto Sungmin. “Sungminnie, please listen to what I have to say.” He said not letting go of a struggling Sungmin trying to escape from his grip. “Let go of me,” Sungmin struggled. “Hey, he said let go.” Hyun Joong quickly took away Kyuhyun’s grip from Sungmin. Now, feeling angry Kyuhyun pushed Hyun Joong away grabbing Sungmin by the wrist pulling him away but, quickly Hyun Joong grabbed Kyuhyun and pushed him against the wall. Kyuhyun quickly punched Hyun Joong making him bleed. Hyun Joong and Kyuhyun quickly got into a fight in front of a crying Sungmin. “Stop, stop it!” he screamed with a lot of tears flowing down his cheeks. He quickly grabbed Hyun Joong away from Kyuhyun right when he was going to through Hyun Joong a punch but, failed hitting Sungmin instead who feel to the ground. Both Kyuhyun and Hyun Joong quickly looked at Sungmin who was now bleeding from the punch. “Oh, Sungmin I’m sorry I didn’t mean to.” Kyu said getting closer but, Sungmin whimpered dragging himself away from Kyuhyun. Hyun Joong quickly picked up Sungmin bridal style and began to take him away. Kyuhyun just stared feeling hot tears come from his eyes knowing that he hurt his Sungmin.

Hyun Joong quickly carried a half awake Sungmin inside his house. He noticed no one was home and quickly laid Sungmin on his bed and ran to a nearby restroom for a first aid kit. He came back in the room and began to clean Sungmin’s wound. “It’s…it’s over….it’s over Kyuhyun.” He heard Sungmin say while he was asleep as he cleaned the wound. “It’s ok Sungmin, I’m here for you.” Hyun Joong said looking at Sungmin’s sleeping face. He leaned in closer and stole a sweet little kiss from Sungmin’s lips.