Chapter 01: I Like You

My Beautiful Forbidden Desire

“Cho Kyuhyun,” repeated the teacher for a second time already. “Cho Kyuhyun,” she yelled louder finally getting the boys attention from the back row desk. “Oh, here.” He simply answered looking back outside putting back on his earphones. Sungmin looked at him creeping his eyes beyond his shoulder looking at…Kyuhyun. He admired his beautiful face as he gazed outside but, he quickly turned to work before the teacher saw him in awe all over Kyuhyun. Sungmin slowly put his hand on his chest feeling his heart grow bigger even by thinking of him. ‘Maybe, I should tell him one day how I feel.’ He thought feeling it was a good idea but, at the same time not so great. ‘Maybe, I should write him a love letter with my confession and quietly give it to him or hide it in between his things in his backpack.’ Sungmin felt great just thinking about it and quickly wrote the letter on a piece of note book paper and hide it deep in his dark blue school coat pocket.

Sungmin hurried into a gift shop and brought a perfect card with a heart on it and a pink envelope. On his way to the cashier he saw a cute little mini teddy bear with a little heart lollipop in its little hands. He quickly grabbed it and examined it. “And this too,” he said handing it to the cashier lady as she smiled. “Here you go,” she handed him his purchase as he gave her the money. “Keep the change,” he said leaving the store immediately to home. He quickly made himself inside the house with full on excitement. “Aren’t you going to say ‘hey, mom.” His mom said cleaning the dining table as she saw him pass by. “Hello and good-bye.” He quickly shut the door to his room and locked it. He copied the letter neatly taking his full on time and attention and put in the envelope and sealed it using a little animated manga creature with big eyes sticker. He folded the letter in the arms of the bear with the lollipop. “I just hope he accepts my heart.” Sungmin said taking deep breaths feeling his heart race. He suddenly felt very tired and went to bed early without any dinner.

Sungmin quickly passed Kyuhyun getting stuff out of his locker and decided to tap on his shoulder to give him the bear but, hesitated. Sungmin looked down and noticed that next to Kyuhyun his backpack was opened and he decided to stick the bear in and quickly get out of there. He stuffed the bear in there when Kyu wasn’t looking and quickly went hiding in a corner. “I just hope he reads it.” He said taking heavy breaths with an uncontrollable heartbeat.

Kyuhyun quickly zipped his backpack and headed to class just in time for roll call. He answers the teacher and quickly opens his backpack and reached for his headphones instead feeling something plushy. He slowly takes it out seeing it being a bear with a lollipop and a letter. He quickly grabs for the letter and reads it.

To: Cho Kyuhyun

Cho Kyuhyun, to be honest about how I feel the first time I saw you…you were like a miracle that made my life suddenly better with your presence. And I don’t think anyone else in this world could replace a smile like yours in the world and in my heart. You really mean a lot to me and all that I just wish is that you know that I feel that way.

Thank You for making my life happier and easier because of your beautiful existence. You mean a lot to me.   -Lee Sungmin

Kyuhyun couldn’t believe himself and the note. He looked at Sungmin which was looking at him read it the whole time. He gave Sungmin a warm smile which made Sungmin smile back and return to his work. “It worked! He actually likes it!” he cheered in his mind feeling his heart beat even faster. Kyuhyun’s smiled turned into a grin as he snorted to himself at this childish love letter. “Man, Am I going to show the guys this.” He said to himself. ‘This is clearly the most stupid and childish love letter I ever received!’ he laughed inside. ‘Lee Sungmin, you are a poor dumb fool in love and with me.’ He smirked looking at Sungmin feeling a sort of idea come to mind. Once class was over he sat there seeing Sungmin leave the classroom with a big smile on his face. “Sungmin, I hope you don’t mind if I play around with your feelings.” He said to himself finally letting all the laughter he stored inside during the class session. His best friends Heechul, Shindong, and Siwon came in the classroom seeing him laughing by himself. “Hey man, have you finally gone crazy?” asked Shindong with a playful grin while he gave Kyuhyun a little punch in the shoulder. All the guys sat down looking at Kyu with curiosity. “What the hell is wrong with you?” asked Heechul finally getting annoyed. Kyuhyun threw the love letter at Heechul and the guys. After a while Heechul and Shindong start laughing hysterically at the love letter. “Oh my god, that moron is in love with you! What a !” they both laughed harder. “And not just that,” Kyuhyun began. “I decided to make this worth my time.” He said with a devilish grin. All of them suddenly paid close attention. “I decided to make a bet with you guys.” Kyuhyun began. “Each of you has to pay me at least 40 bucks each month this last and whenever you guys decide to call it quits I keep the money but, if I call quits then you guys can keep the money including 40 bucks every month I stayed as that losers ‘boyfriend’ we got a deal?” Kyuhyun said. The other three looked at him, “Deal,” they said in unison. “Ok, it’s a bet then. Glad to do business with you guys.” he said with a smirk on his face. ‘Sungmin, prepare to face the worst time of your life when I dump you saying I never cared about you because, the truth is I never will.’