❣ Proofreading for 'Spectra'

❦ ScreamingMidget's Portfolio ❦

Proofread for Spectra [leahsarahdelossantos]

 

 

 

In your description [prologue]:

Suggestions:

* As I walked away, my wounded heart dragged behind me.

The original has parallel structure which is good in some cases but not for an emotional sentence like this. Really good choice of words!

* The farther the distance, the greater the force was that pulled me back.

Just slight grammar-fixing.

*Instead of ‘with a life without him’, modify it to: “Was a life without him worth living?”

 

- Chapter One

 

* Homeland of my mother - this is actually a passive sentence and should not be used if it can be helped. Modify it to ‘My mother’s homeland.’

*’The true of of half my...’ I understand what you’re trying to say but I think you need to clarify this to something like “The truth of half my blood ran feverishly through my body.”

*You spelled accidentally wrong after you fist-pumped the air. (fist-pumped not fist pump) I highly suggest that you use Microsoft Word Processor OR Google Docs!!!!! You’re a really great writer and I honestly think your only setback is that you don’t speak English as a native speaker SO maybe if we use Google Docs, you’d be all set! I’ll help you with that if you have any questions!!!

 

- Chapter Two

Another tip is to keep everything in the same tense. You wrote “She started” and stuff and that’s all past tense. But then there was a sentence: “I facepalm myself.” So you can fix this by saying “I facepalmed myself” and keeping everything in the past tense or switching over to present. Past tense is easier to read and more attractive too :)

 

- Chapter Three

After the first sentence, you need a period.

 

-  Chapter 19.

Instead of “Everyone now is silent” try modifying it to “Now, everyone is silent.”


 

“I felt a pang of pain....irritated expression.” This is a run-on sentence so let’s change it to something like:

“My mind hung on her last word. Parents? I felt a pang of pain in my chest but kept my face stoic. I didn’t want her to notice.”

 

***I think Lee Jeongmin is cute too!!! Boyfriend <3

 

Chapters 20 - 30 look good.

 

Make sure you use only one tense, other than that I don’t think there are any mistakes!