Fourth Step

The Sound of Falling In Love

Unable to pinpoint where Joonmyun is pointing, Kyungsoo remained in the same position until he heard the familiar voice behind him.

“Hey.” The calming smell of jasmine rushed over him again. But instead of calming him, it did the opposite.

Kyungsoo turned around in excitement. He could have easily recognized him with merely his body scent, “Hi.” he said in response, trying to hold back the content in his voice.

“Are you feeling better now?”the boy asked with audible concern.

Kyungsoo felt himself blushing, probably due to embarrassment. “Yeah, thanks for asking.”

“That’s good, I just wanted to make sure that you are alright. I was really worried because you just kind of broke down just right there and… yeah, glad you are okay. Anyways, nice to meet you, my name is Jongin.”

“Kyungsoo, nice to meet you too,” Kyungsoo flashed a smile, “And thank you for … for comforting me and helping me. I owe you one.”

Jongin chuckled, “no problem, I’m glad I did help. Sorry for just randomly pulling into a hug without your permission. I have no idea how to comfort people but I can’t just stand there and do nothing so that’s the best idea I came up with. ”

“Your hug really did help, although it did shock me a little.”

“Sorry,” he giggled, “next time I’ll give you a warning before hand.”

Kyungsoo felt his cheeks warming up again recalling the warmth he felt in Jongin’s embrace. Think about something else Kyungsoo, why are you even blushing. He told himself repeatedly while smiling at Jongin.

“Why don’t you guys grab a seat and watch the show, Luhan is doing push up with Sehun sitting on top of him.” Chanyeol shouted. “It’s hilarious with Luhan constantly failing and Sehun shooting glares at me.”

Kyungsoo laughed in return, feeling sorry for Luhan's embarrassment in front of everyone (although he has no idea who he is) but deep down, he wished that he could have seen the scene for himself instead of having someone describing it for him. Although he have a vivid imagination but it’s still hard when he have no idea what everyone looks like.

“Hey, sit down and watch.” Jongin said after dragging two chairs over.

“I… thanks Jongin.” But I can’t see…. Kyungsoo added in his head.

Naturally, Kyungsoo wouldn’t mind about telling people his disability because he never really minded it in the first place. But he just can’t gather the courage to tell Jongin this time. He felt insecure for the first time and wished that he was normal like everyone else. Something deep down tells him that his imperfection will drive him away and cause him to lose a friend. And Jongin is someone who he doesn’t want to lose as a friend, for no particular reason. It’s odd how he feels this much affection towards a boy he just meet hours ago, just what makes Kyungsoo feel this way about him. He couldn’t understand. Subconsciously, Kyungsoo frowned as he pondered over this.

Jongin, who noticed the boy who sat beside him with such interesting yet concerning facial expression, turned to examine him without the latter realizing.

Kyungsoo has indescribably big eyes and cute heart-shaped lips topped up with bangs that curl to the left. His skin is rather nice too, really soft-looking and squishy. But those lips, those cute lips. Jongin made a mental note to himself that next time Kyungsoo smiles, he need to look at his lips as he examined the rest of Kyungsoo’s face.

They stayed like this for awhile, Kyungsoo buried to deep in his thoughts and Jongin who can’t seem to take his eyes of Kyungsoo before a loud cheer disrupted them. “What’s going on?” Kyungsoo asked.

“I have no idea, I got distracted by something and yeah..” Jongin replied.

“How can you two miss it,” Chanyeol shouted, “we blind folded Sehun while he’s still dizzy from the previous dare and he crashed on top of Luhan after tripping on a chair.”

“Shut up Park Chanyeol!” Sehun yelled with embarrassment.

“It’s your fault for having bad luck.” Chanyeol retorted.

“Why did I even join this stupid game…”

“Come on children, no more fighting, let’s go for dinner.” Joonmyun said while ushering Kyungsoo and everyone else to the entrance.

“I need to fetch my wallet thou-.” Kyungsoo brushed pass by Joonmyun but was stopped by latter who pulled on his arm.

“Come on, it’s my treat.” Joonmyun gave Kyungsoo a light push on the arm.

“Yeah, who needs money when have our sugar daddy.” Chanyeol teased from behind, “In case you didn’t know, Joonmyun is extremely rich; he buys us dinner and lunches a lot. He's like our sugar daddy.”

“Also known as their debit card.” Joonmyun added.

“Are you sure?” Kyungsoo asked feeling like he had taken advantage of someone. “I feel like I owe you, though.”

“Don’t worry about it, just your thought is enough,” Joonmyun hugged Kyungsoo. “Oh yeah, and before we go, this is Luhan, the poor guy Sehun was sitting on.”

“Hi, nice to meet you.” Luhan chirped.

“Nice to meet you too, my name is Kyungsoo.” Kyungsoo flashed a quick smile.

“By the way, does your friend want to tag along?” Chanyeol nudged him from the behind.

“Me?” Jongin asked.

“Yes, you. Are you in or not?” Luhan inquired teasingly.

“Sure, who would say no to free dinner, unless you guys are planning on to drug me and then sell me to some creep old woman that is in need of a slave.” Jongin said jokingly.

“Okay, I guess this guy is hungry for some rich old woman.” Chanyeol commented.

“I’m not ‘this guy’, I’m Jongin, and I am absolutely not hungry for old ladies but for food.” Jongin said while he punched Chanyeol on the arm (or was it somewhere else, Kyungsoo couldn’t tell).

 “Oh, you have a name.” Joonmyun teased, “you came in asking to see Kyungsoo and you disappeared right off without even telling me who you are.”

“Haha, sorry, I was in the washroom. And nice to meet you all.” Jongin ruffled his hair.

“Now come on, I am starving sugar daddy.” Luhan whined while pushing everyone out of the door.

 

/AN:

My deares, I am absolutely sorry for being a lazy and not updating. I was busy cause the 23rd was my bday and then I had parties to go to and then there is boxing day and then I had to start researching for uni and scholarships and ugh.... Anyhow, how have you guys been? have fun enjoying your winter break btw ^^

I tried to be funny again for this new chapter and idek, I dont think this is angst anymore... but oh wells, I can end this any way i want so w.e. But yeah, I lack so much inspiration cause of school and I just wanna sleep or dance all day but ugh, ing school. Sorry for this ty chapter otl. And i got some sad new for you guys, I have midterms and finals in January so I won't be updating at all for January. T_T my body is not ready for diplomas and . 

Thanks for you patience my beloved readers <3

Merry Christmas and happy new year

xoxo, 

Squid