Chapter Seven

Shift

~ Kim HyunA ~

JunHyung had waited in the opening between the meadow and the forest, just pacing back and forth with his arms across his chest as he looked to the ground and impatiently drew pictures with his shoes in the dust. Meanwhile, Hyuna had walked into the woods a bit with BoHoJa. She laid in the grass and looked up at the darkening sky as the stars started to come out, petting BoHo’s thick, warm fur.

She talked with the dog for over an hour, telling him about how CL had turned out to be a great friend, how BiRain didn’t want her to leave, and how she had started to have weird feelings for JunHyung. The dog had sighed and moaned with her stories, but laid by her side and listened to her all the way through without showing any sign of the aggravation he that he always turned towards JunHyung.

At the end of the talk, Hyuna promised him that they could leave on Sunday and keep going south to the beach. Although the dog was sad to see her leave, his eyes seemed a little brighter with the news of a coming departure.

Now, on their way back to the apartments, Hyuna and JunHyung quietly walk side by side through the streets.

JunHyung sighs after a moment, “How are you supposed to go to work tomorrow without shoes?” he looks to her bare feet.

Hyuna shrugs, not seeming interested in conversation. “I’ll figure something out. I’ll ask if CL has any flip flops I can wear.”

“Why don’t you go buy some new ones with your salary?”

“I mean…I will but I don’t know when.”

“Tomorrow.” JunHyung looks to her, showing concern in his eyes rather than attitude with nagging.

Hyuna smiles back to him, but looks ahead, “Maybe.”

“I’ll take you,” he states, following her gaze forward, “After work. I know good stores that we can go to.”

“I don’t want to get a lot of stuff. And shouldn’t I go with a girl? Like CL?”

“Why not? You have money to spend. And why can’t I go? I like to shop.” JunHyung smirks.

“I just don’t like having stuff,” Hyuna shrugs and JunHyung nods.

“Okay, well we will find shoes for sure, then.”

Hyuna nods and then falls back into silence, although it isn’t awkward, just thoughtful, as both seem lost in their own minds. They arrive at the apartment and quietly go their own ways to their rooms.

“You have to be to work by seven?” JunHyung asks her, pausing her at her room.

“Yeah,” she answers with a slight nod.

“Let’s go together.” JunHyung states as he glances away from her gaze, “I mean…the bus that I take is right down the road so we might as well…”

Hyuna laughs to herself and nods as she slows her pace, nearing the shop. “Okay.”

JunHyung smiles and says goodbye, waiting for Hyuna to walk into the shop before leaving for his own home. Before he walks too far away, he turns back, “Hyuna,”
“Yeah?” she asks, looking back to him in the doorway.
“Don’t go to see that dog anymore by yourself. If you want to go, tell me, and I’ll go with you.”

Hyuna rolls her eyes and shakes her head, not answering him, but going inside knowing that she’ll think of calling him first next time she wants to see BoHoJa.

~ ~ ~

Hyuna helped clean up the shop and then shared a glass of wine with CL, chatting about the town, and CL’s family, about BiRain and about JunHyung. After locking up the store, Chaelin leads Hyuna up the stairway in the back room to a door at the top of the steps. She unlocks it and walks into a small apartment, consisting of a kitchen, two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living room, and a laundry room. Chaelin had blush pink accessories such as flowers, vases, pictures, and other knick-knacks. She had made the apartment into a cozy, comfortable place to live. The front of the apartment windows looked down over the road, and the sides looked into a crossroad, and the back of the apartment overlooked the back alleyway where CL had trapped Hyuna with the hose. CL allowed Hyuna to stay in the spare room, which had belonged to CL after her mother and sisters left. Before this home, Chaelin told Hyuna that they had lived in a bigger home closer in town, but she and her father moved out here after her family split. Hyuna’s room was small and simple with a bed, side table, and dresser, but it was perfect for her. One window looked out towards the alley as another looked at the front road. CL’s room was on the other side of the apartment, giving them both privacy. After Chaelin showed Hyuna around, they parted ways for the night.

~ ~ ~

Hyuna was trapped in nightmares that night, flashes of orange and red and screams of terror echoing in her subconscious. She wakes in a full sweat once, actually feeling as if her body had made it through the inferno of her dreams.

Forcing her to sleep once again, the dreams only return. This time she sees herself, as if watching a movie from a third person’s view, and she’s running but she’s happy. She raises her hands above her head as she crosses some sort of finish line, the white tape sticking to her stomach and people cheering her on from every side. A man in the bleachers stands and waves his hands, full of excitement. Hyuna smiles to him, but it fades into a thin line as she sees a bottle of beer in his other hand. The day was bright and the air was crisp, but she felt a pain in her chest.

And then the image is gone and the nightmares of fire and darkness return. She lies on a table, her wrists and ankles bound as she cries out for help, fire encroaching her and smoke billowing overhead. A woman bursts through the flames, ashes along her face and body, and she looks to Hyuna with hurt eyes. She is so beautiful, but something is very wrong about her. She runs to Hyuna’s side and tries to untie the latches around Hyuna’s wrists, sweating from the heat of the fire. Hyuna’s heart pounds, and she risks shifting on the table, while tied. The woman looks into her eyes and pauses for a moment, and then the fire falls upon the both of them and Hyuna opens her eyes to find herself sitting up in her bed, drenched in sweat and tears.

~ ~ ~

In the morning, Hyuna hurries to slip on the hoodie and shorts but looks down to her bare feet and sighs. I hope CL unnie has some that I can wear until I get new.

Hyuna plans on spending some money on shoes and clothes, but she wants to save most of it for her travel funds. Then she wouldn’t have to risk getting stuck in a situation like the one earlier in the week…

She shakes her head with the confusing feelings of feeling sad about leaving the town. Things turned out pretty decently up to this point, only with a few bumps in the road.

She sticks her head out into the hall to see if the bathroom is open. She listens to the sound of Chaelin moving dishes around the kitchen and makes a dart for the vacant restroom. She washes her face, brushes her teeth, and runs conditioner through her hair. She tilts her head as she moves closer to the mirror, examining her eyes. Maybe I could try some makeup while I’m out too, she thinks as she pulls her eyelid down.

She sighs and walks out to the kitchen and living room area. Two barstools sit next to the counter with rice, kim, milk, and sweet pancakes sitting in the center of the countertop. Hyuna’s eyes open a bit in surprise as she looks to Chaelin, who stands by the sink washing out a pan. She turns when he hears Hyuna pull a chair out and smiles to her.

“Good morning,” CL says softly over his shoulder as he finishes rinsing the pot. She uses a towel to dry her hands as she comes around the counter to sit next to Hyuna, “Do you like Hoddeok?”

Hyuna stares down at the pancakes for a moment and then shrugs, “I’ve never had them before. Did you make all of this?”

“Yup,” CL smiles and then glances to her, “Are you surprised? I’m a baker!”

“Not at all!” Hyuna laughs shyly as she sits down and looks at all of the food.

CL laughs as she sets some pancakes onto Hyuna’s plate, along with some rice. She begins to pour her some milk.

Hyuna thanks Chaelin for the food and milk and waits for her to set her own plate before they eat.

Hyuna laughs to herself, covering and first bite with her hands, “It is good,” she nods.

CL’s face brightens as she takes a bite and smiles and nods, “I think I have a natural talent.”

They laugh and share breakfast and then help in cleaning up after. Chaelin hurries around the house to get her shoes and clothes together for work, and then they walk out together. CL chats lightly about the weather forecast calling for some late summer rain and about how BiRain works long hours at the music company, and that JunHyung would rather work with BiRain in the music production than at the shipping factory.

“The guys at the factory don’t like him much,” she says as they go downstairs to the bakery, “I admit he was a bit of trouble when he first came into town,” she shrugs, “But he’s better now. Guess they’re holding a grudge.”

“What trouble?” Hyuna smirks.

“Oh, nothing much,” she glances around the store, “He used to get into fights with people pretty often. And then the whole situation with Hara caused people to talk about him.”

“Why’s that?”

CL sighs, “If you get involved with that girl in any way then the rest of the world is bound to find out.”

CL rushes to the back of the store as Hyuna washes the counters. Just then, the front door rings as JunHyung enters, but rather than coming in all the way, he only pokes his head inside and smiles. “Goodmorning,” he rushes, seeming as if he has just run all the way.

“Morning,” Hyuna laughs as CL joins them.
“Good morning, JunHyung!” Chaelin smiles, “You’re here early.”

JunHyung nods, “Just came by to remind Hyuna that we’re going shopping after her shift for new shoes.” he looks to Hyuna, “I’ll come by after work,” He smiles as he lingers in the door.

Hyuna returns his smile with a faint one of her own as she nods, “Okay,” she says softly.

He laughs to himself and looks down to his shoes and then walks back down the road towards the bus station.

“That boy stops by a lot these days,” CL calls as she comes to the counter, drying her hands on her apron. She smirks and raises an eyebrow. “Well, I think that boy may- Dear, lord, Hyuna, where are your shoes?!” CL exclaims with a hand on her hip as she looks down to Hyuna’s feet.

Hyuna’s cheeks flush with embarrassment as she tries to hide a foot behind her leg, “I told you I lost them…”

“And you didn’t go out last night and get any others?”

“I’m going to go today! It was late last night and I had to do something. JunHyung said he’d take me to a store after work today to get clothes and shoes.”

CL stares at Hyuna’s feet before looking up to her face with a stoic expression. She sighs and walks to the back of the store, opening a door by the back that leads to a staircase, “I’ll let you borrow a pair of mine for the day then,” she calls as she ascends.

Hyuna tries to hide her laughter at the predicament when CL returns with a pair of old, plain white sneakers. She tosses them to Hyuna’s feet and then grabs a work shirt out of the closet and hands that to her as well.

“We have got to get you cleaned up, girl,” she shakes her head.

Hyuna smiles and nods, “I think I may agree with you.”

The two work through the day, the amount of customers greatly less than usual, as the skies turn gray with an oncoming rain. Hyuna finds herself laughing and talking with Chaelin more as they often have time lapses of no customers in the store, resulting in made up games and a lot of tea and chat time.

A roll of thunder rumbles down the road, lightly shaking the panes of glass in the front of the store. Hyuna and CL look out to the weather as they sit by the window with their warm teacups in hand. Hyuna smiles as she watches a large, gray cloud hover just above a tall building down the road.

“What are you thinking about?” CL asks as she sits back in her chair, one hand twirling the cup at the table.

“Nothing,” Hyuna turns to her and smiles, “Just that I like the weather today.”

“You like this weather?” CL raises an eyebrow as she looks outside, “Why?”

Hyuna shrugs, “I don't know, I’ve always enjoyed the rain. I like the coolness of it and the way the lightning lights up the sky. I love the sound of the thunder echo. And it’s fun to play in, too.”

CL scoffs, “You are one strange girl.”

Hyuna laughs and nods, thinking that CL has no idea how accurate that description is.

Just then, the door to the shop bursts open and JunHyung hurries in, his jacket above his head as a make-shift umbrella. “It’s going to rain,” he puffs as he brings the jacket down.

CL laughs, “No kidding, Sherlock! Want some hot tea?”

“Nah, that’s okay I don’t really like tea. I got out of work as fast as I could, thinking that Hyuna and I had better hit the shops before the storm starts.” He looks to Hyuna and the hint of a smile plays on his lips.

“Okay, then how about a soda to go? You look like you’re in need of a drink.”

“Do you have Cola?” JunHyung turns to her as he stands near Hyuna’s chair, his hand on the back.

“Sure do! I’ll get one for you.”

“Thanks!” he calls back before looking down to Hyuna. She smiles up to him and he seems to remember something, “Chaelin noona, do you want to come along with us? We’re going to go to the mall in the subway.”

“No that’s okay, dear, if I leave no one will be here to watch the shop.”

“Why don’t you close early?” he asks as he takes the Cola from her and snaps it open. “It doesn’t seem like too busy of a day.”

CL laughs and takes a breath with a long blink, “I would love to, but a schedule is a schedule. Another time I will.”

JunHyung nods as he turns away and looks down to Hyuna with a smile. He winks and then quickly walks to the door. “Okay, then, let’s get going Hyuna.”

Hyuna rolls her eyes and stands. “Are you sure this is okay, unnie?” she asks with a hesitant step toward the door.

“Of course! You need shoes! If you don’t go today I may glue those ugly tennis shoes to your feet tomorrow so that you never lose another pair! Now get going!” CL laughs as she shoos Hyuna and JunHyung out the door. She gives JunHyung a look with narrowed eyes and then shuts the door to the store.

JunHyung chuckles and turns down the road, “This way,” he says as they head towards the subway station across the street. “They have a mini mall down here with a bunch of little stores, you can find shoes and clothes pretty cheap.”

Hyuna nods as she follows him down the steps. Below the calm street, the subway streets are busy and loud with people hurrying around to their next locations, some not even glancing at the many stands that line each hall. People call out advertising their clothes, purses, shoes, cell phones, and more to the others walking by. Groups of girls hold up shirts to each other on one side, and a couple boys lean over a cell phone case to observe the new models on the other. Every one talks to each other and hurry by to the subway or up the stairs to the city above.  

Hyuna feels a bit Closter-phobic in the small, crowded area as she inches a little closer to JunHyung, her hand cautiously reaching out for his arm but not taking it. She looks around in all directions as people shove by, knocking into her. So many people, each with a life of their own, concerns of their own, stories of their own. What did they think of her? Did she stand out in the packed, little halls? Did she look like the other girls who wore designer brands and makeup on their eyes?

She sighs as her hand lightly touches JunHyung’s elbow, reaching out for his security. He glances to her hand and then to her facial expression as she looks around uneasily. He smiles a bit before reaching over and taking a hold of her elbow as well, “This way,” he says as he tugs her down a hall.

She follows close behind him, his hand sliding down to grip her wrist as they push through people and quickly make their way to a shoe stand. JunHyung pulls her up to the shoe wrack and stands back, releasing her hand.

“Pick something,” he smiles.

She looks to him and then to the shoes as she nods. She walks around and examines each shoe. She stops at a pair of high heels, studded with metal spikes. Next to them is a pair of pink flats with white polka dots and a bow on top. Do people wear these? she wonders to herself. Could I wear something like that, she glances down to her feet in the ripped up tennis shoes.

“Hyuna, what about these?” JunHyung calls to her from the other side of the stand as he looks at a pair of running shoes in the athletic section.

She hurries to his side and picks up a pair of black running shoes with a blue Nike symbol. “Oh, I like these,” she mumbles.

JunHyung smiles, “I thought you would, why don’t you try them on?”

Hyuna nods, not taking her eyes off of the shoes, thinking that they looked beautiful. She sits down on a chair and pulls off the worn tennis shoes and slips on the Nikes. They fit well, not too tight and not heavy. She stands and looks down to them, pulling her hair back so it won’t fall in her vision.

“Try walking in them,” JunHyung advises as he watches her.

She nods again as she strides down the hall and then back to him. She tilts them to the side and smiles, “I like them a lot.”

“Okay,” JunHyung says as he looks around, “Excuse me, sir,” he calls to the owner of the stand, “Can we have these?”

“Those?” the man calls back as he lumbers over, pulling a toothpick out of his mouth as he nears. “Those are about…fifty thousand won.”

Hyuna feels her eyes instinctively widen at the name of the price. JunHyung looks to her and laughs at her expression, but tries to hide it from the man.

“Aish, isn’t that a bit expensive?” JunHyung mumbles as he rubs the back of his head and looks down at the shoes.

“Boy, you try to buy those shoes anywhere else and they would cost you one hundred thousand won, but I’m selling them for half of that!” The man grumbles.

JunHyung rolls his eyes and purses his lips to Hyuna, looking like he can’t change the price.

Hyuna clears as she steps around JunHyung to the man, “Do these look okay on me?” she asks him as she places her foot onto the stool, showing off her long legs in the short shorts and the Nike shoes on.

The man raises an eyebrow as he looks to them. He nods, “They look great, miss! You should buy them!” he laughs.

Hyuna smiles to him, “I’d really like to! But…can’t you lower the price just a little more?” She raises her lips a bit and opens her eyes as innocently as possible.

The man stares at her without expression for a moment and then rolls his eyes as he smiles and turns away to grab a box for the shoes. “Forty thousand, no less,” he states.

Hyuna smiles, feeling a little victorious. She jumps up and down once with a clap of her hands, “Thank you, ahjussi!” she chimes as she pulls out the money from her back pocket, “Can I wear them out?”

“Of course,” the man answers with a smile as he puts her old, tennis shoes into the box, his lip curling as he looks at them. He takes the money and gives her change and the box. “Have a good day, miss!”

“Thank you!” Hyuna calls out as she turns to JunHyung with a smile. JunHyung looks to her without much expression but almost as if he’s annoyed. “What?” Hyuna scoffs as she walks past him.

“Don’t do that again,” JunHyung whines as he picks up pace to walk beside her, keeping his arm out to move some people out of her way.

“Do what?” she asks as she looks around to the shops, suddenly wanting to try to buy more things.

“Don't bargain like that,” JunHyung answers, not looking at her, “If you want something and it’s too expensive, then I’ll pick up the extra cost. Just don’t…” he shakes his head, “Don’t be like that anymore.”

“Hmph,” Hyuna rolls her eyes at him but nods, “Okay.” She agrees, not feeling up to arguing with him.

After a moment of quiet, JunHyung pulls up to a sunglass stand and tries on a pair of dark glasses. “Random fact about Yong JunHyung,” he says to her as he looks at himself in the mirror, “I love sunglasses.”

“Oh, really?” Hyuna twists her hair as she looks at him in the glasses. She smiles and nods, “They look good on you!”

“Do you think?” he asks as he adjusts them on his ears, “Should I get these?”

“If you like them.”

He purses his lips, “Maybe I’ll come back.” He says as he puts them back.

They continue through the shops and Hyuna stops to look at a t-shirt. It’s a plain, black t-shirt with a white stick figure on it, a girl in a dress, her hand out with a string tied to it leading across the side. The picture continues to the shirt next to it, similar in black but with a white boy stick figure, the same string leading across to his own hand.

“Do you like those?” JunHyung asks as he pulls down the one with the boy and holds it up to himself. “Does this look good on me?”

Hyuna tilts her head and brings her hand to her chin inquisitively, “Hm, black suits you.” She nods.

“You think?” JunHyung reaches over and hands her the same shirt with the girl on the front and holds it up to her. She takes it from him and he moves to her side to connect the string between them. “Couple shirts,” he says.

Hyuna laughs and pushes JunHyung back, “I don't want them anymore.” She says as places hers back on the rack.

“Why?” JunHyung whines as he laughs and puts his back.

Hyuna ignores him and walks on with JunHyung calling to her as she goes, asking why they can’t get the shirts.

JunHyung almost catches up to her when a smell catches both of their noses, turning them in sync to a food stand on the corner of the shopping center. Cups of sweet bread sit out on the table as a man pulls a fresh batch out of a small oven behind him.

“Fresh AngGeum!” The man calls out to them.

“What’s on the inside?” JunHyung asks as he walks up to the man, Hyuna joining his side.

“Red bean.”

“Oh!” JunHyung’s eyes brighten as he looks to Hyuna with a wide mouth, “Random fact number two,” he says as he pulls his wallet out of his pocket, “I love red bean,” he pays for a cup and brings it between them, handing the first pastry to Hyuna.

She smiles and they split the cup of sweet bread and red bean.

They walk side by side, looking at shops and trying random shirts along the way as they finish the pastries. Hyuna gets a new t-shirt, black and plain, the same as the one she had torn through a couple nights earlier when she shifted. JunHyung ended up purchasing a different pair of sunglasses. He continued with his random facts, including his love for Cola, hats, and Pikachu.

“What about you?” he asks as they near the end of the shopping trip.

“What do you mean?” Hyuna asks as she looks up to him, a little upset that she can’t see his eyes when he wears the glasses, although they look good on him.

“I’ve been telling you stuff about me all evening but you haven’t said anything about you!” JunHyung complains as he looks ahead and they walk by each other with a slow pace.

“Oh,” Hyuna glances away, thinking of something that she could possibly tell him. “Uhm,” she looks around and spots an ice cream counter. “Oh!” she exclaims, “Random fact about Kim Hyuna,” she imitates his voice, earning a smile from him as he looks over her head to the ice cream, “I love ice cream,” she smiles as she looks up to him.

He smirks and nods, moving towards the stand. The two look through, and Hyuna picks out a popsicle as JunHyung gets a small cup of chocolate. They continue to walk through again and JunHyung starts to glance between his ice cream and hers.
“What?” Hyuna laughs as she raises an eyebrow.

JunHyung thinks for a second and then looks to her ice cream and points, “I want to try some of yours,” he says as he reaches for it.

“No!” Hyuna says as she pulls it away from him.

“What?” JunHyung whines, stopping and facing her. “Just a little bit!”

“No!” Hyuna starts to giggle and keep it from him.

“Yah, I bought it!” JunHyung smiles.

Hyuna rolls her eyes and nods, “Okay, okay,” she says as she holds the popsicle out to him, “Just a little.” JunHyung reaches to take it but she pulls it back again, “You can’t hold it!” she exclaims.

“Alright!” JunHyung shouts back, leaning closer and opening his mouth.

Hyuna tries to stifle her laugh as she slowly puts it closer to his mouth. Just before he can get a bite, she twists the popsicle in her hand and jabs JunHyung’s cheek with her pointer finger, laughing and pulling away as he pulls back, surprised. Hyuna starts to laugh at his reaction as he snickers and whines that she’s being mean.

Hyuna rolls her eyes and continues to walk down the shops. JunHyung reaches over and takes ahold of her hand that holds the ice cream. He brings it to his face and takes a bit off the top. Hyuna scoffs and slaps his arm lightly, pulling her hand away from his and keeping the ice cream for herself. JunHyung looks ahead and chuckles. Hyuna looks down to her feet, examining her new shoes and feeling happy. Happy that she got new running shoes, a new shirt, and ice cream, but also happy just about being with JunHyung and feeling more comfortable. Her hand feels a tingling sensation where his had covered hers for the ice cream, but it brings a smile to her face.

“Oh!” JunHyung suddenly exclaims, “Bathroom.” He points to a bathroom sign ahead and walks that way. Hyuna stops and leans against the wall as he goes to the door, “Wait here,” he says as he goes inside, seeing that the bathroom is pretty full of people.

Hyuna rolls her eyes at his instruction and looks around at the people and stores by the bathrooms when she spots he black couple shirts they saw earlier. She tilts her head and pushes off the wall, making her way across the busy hall to the stand. She pulls out the shirt with the girl on it and looks at it again, thinking it is kind of cute.

“Couple shirts?” a high-pitched voice asks from over Hyuna’s shoulder.

Hyuna turns towards the sound to find Goo Hara standing next to her, looking over her shoulder at the shirt that she holds. Hyuna sighs and places the shirt back, not exactly ignoring the girl, but not being able to find a response.

“I didn’t think JunHyung liked couple stuff,” Hara continues anyways with a tilt of her head and a smile on her face as she turns her attention to Hyuna, “At least he never did when we were together.” She shrugs.

“Oh, really?” Hyuna asks, trying to seem interested in the conversation as she stands to face Hara.

“He never really liked that kind of stuff.” Hara nods.

“I guess he’s changed.” Hyuna replies flatly.

Hara stares back with her big eyes, lined with pencil eyeliner, and a smile frozen on her face. She blinks once and seems to come back to the conversation, “So, you and him are together now, then?” she asks as she turns to the stand and looks through the other shirts.

“No,” Hyuna scoffs as she looks towards the bathrooms, wondering when JunHyung will come back out.

“Oh, I guess I just assumed. I mean, I saw you two walking and shopping together. It just seemed that way,” Hara shrugs.

Hyuna remains quiet, thinking about walking across the hall to the bathroom mid conversation, but something tells her that Hara would follow her in to keep the conversation going.

“I guess it’s better that way,” Hara mumbles, taking a shirt off the rack.
Hyuna looks to her, curiousity beginning to spike with the girl’s words.

“After all,” she continues, not looking to Hyuna but knowing she has her attention, “He’s not the boyfriend type.”

Hyuna blinks, finding that to be a little off in her opinion. “Why do you say that?” she herself ask before she can stop herself.

Hara laughs to herself, clearly not finding it funny but interesting. “Isn’t it obvious? He’s not boyfriend material. He’s a player.” She glances to Hyuna out of the corner of her eyes, “Everyone knows that.” Hyuna turns away, trying to find an escape, but Hara continues anyhow. “Yeah, he wandered into town about a year ago and BiRain took him in. JunHyung used to go to the clubs all the time. You can ask him, he definitely knows where the best bars are. I’m pretty sure the owners know him by name,” she scoffs, “Most of the guys know his name too. The boys were jealous of him because all the local girls just loved how new and interesting he was. They used to fight with him all the time because he would woo their girlfriends out from underneath them. Well, I guess BiRain was a bit of an influence on him, because he managed to make a deal with JunHyung to keep him out of the clubs and away from fights. JunHyung could work with him at his music company as long as JunHyung didn’t create a bad name for himself…it’s not good for a company to associate itself with a punk like that. So I guess you can exaggerate and say that he’s changed…” Hara shrugs, “But deep down he’s the same old JunHyung I knew a year ago. The bad boy that seems like he just doesn't care about anything…but he cares all right. That’s what he told me at least. But you can’t teach a dog like him new tricks. Once a dog has lived one way his whole life, a part of him will always remain wild.” Hara’s eyes shine bright as she says this with a smile and sweet expression.

Hyuna stares at her for a moment, taking in what she’s trying to say. JunHyung had mentioned getting into fights before. BiRain had taken him in and now he works with him. BiRain would be the type to take in someone like him and try to make him into a better person with a bride…kind of like he did with Hyuna.

Hyuna makes a move to walk away when JunHyung joins her, holding onto her elbow. “There you are,” he smiles and then looks to Hara, his mouth immediately moving into a thin line. “What are you doing here?” he asks her flatly.

“Shopping!” Hara smiles. “And then I ran into sweet Hyuna here and we just started chatting.” She looks to Hyuna and slowly blinks her long eyelashes.

“Yeah, I bet,” JunHyung scoffs and he tugs Hyuna’s arm to walk away.

“JunHyung,” Hara calls to him as he turns, “We should really get together some time and catch up! Hyuna seems to make me think that you’ve had some changes in your life, and I’m so curious to hear about it!”

“Right,” JunHyung shakes his head in irritation.

“We can go to that one club you took me to a little while back…you remember right?” JunHyung turns to glare at her without a word. She smirks at him and sighs, “Same old JunHyung…you haven’t changed a bit.” She winks and blows him a kiss, and then turns on her heels, her hair flowing behind her as she makes her exit. 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

~ LC ~

Okay, guys so my sister is getting married this weekend and i am Maid of Honor so i will be really busy for a little bit! i hope to update when i can but dont expect too much before 8/10/13 LOL i'll be back soon! But until then, read and enjoy what i've already written and give me your feedback!!