Chapter Fourteen

Shift

~ Jung DaeHyun ~

DaeHyun gathers the papers along his desk, shoving them into a pile in the corner as he straightens up his area. She drops pens and pencils in a jar, slides the keyboard to his computer over, and re-sets the photograph of him and his father from his first day of work to the center point of his desk. Lastly, he perfectly aligns his nametag with the edge of the oak desk, leaning back in his chair to smile at his own accomplishments.

“Jung DaeHyun,” the police chiefs calls to him in in his gruff voice as he leans out of his office.

“Uh, yes sir?” DaeHyun fumbles to wipe the coffee stains along his desk with the sleeve of his shirt as he looks to the chief with wide eyes.

The chief narrows his eyes and curls his index finger in, motioning DaeHyun to enter his office before turning and closing the door behind him. DaeHyun gulps and rises from his chair, tucking his shirt in as he starts for the chief’s private office at the back of the precinct. He glances down to a few men sitting along the bench on the side from starting a drunken brawl at a bar near the edge of town; they snicker at him as he passes by.

“Ohh, getting called into office by the big man himself twice in one week!” another officer comments with a smile as he leans against the wall near the other men, crossing his arms over his chest.

DaeHyun smirks and rolls his eyes, “I might catch up to your record, SooHyun!”

Kim SooHyun laughs and then glances down to the men on the bench, laughing amongst themselves as they look up to him. “What are you laughing at?” SooHyun mumbles to them, uncrossing his arms and making a fist as if he’ll hit them, sending them cowering into the corner. SooHyun smiles in his victory and then turns to DaeHyun as he nears the chief’s door and gives him a thumbs up, “Good luck, partner!”

DaeHyun smiles and then carefully opens the door and quietly shuts it behind him, straightening out his tie as he approaches the chief at his desk. The larger man wipes the sweat off of his balding head and types at the keys to his computer. He glances up to DaeHyun as he stands in front of the desk.

“What do you want?” the man huffs.

“Uh, you…called me in, sir,” DaeHyun scratches the back of his head.

“Huh? Oh, right,” the man mumbles to himself as he pulls out a pile of folders and shifts through them, “Jung DaeHyun…where exactly are you on the recent string of robberies and such?”

“Sir,” DaeHyun says unsurely, “You just assigned the case to me on Monday.”

“Huh, so?” the chief scoffs, sorting through his papers.

“Well…sir, it’s Thursday.”

The man pauses and looks up to him with a blank expression, “What’s your point?”

“Um, nothing!” DaeHyun forces an insecure smile and puts his hands up as the chief resumes his searching, “To be honest, sir, I haven’t really gotten that far,” DaeHyun clasps his hands behind his back, “The common element in the robberies as well as the assaults are…clothes.”

The chief pauses and looks up to him again from under his bushy, graying eyebrows, “Uh, did you say ‘clothes,’ Jung DaeHyun?”

“I did, sir. The robberies have mostly consisted of clothing stores and stealing the clothes right off of people’s backs. I admit, though, that most of the victims had reported the cases while drunk…except for the storeowners themselves. And the utmost that the thief has stolen at once, is only a single outfit’s worth.”

The chief stares to him a moment and then raises his eyebrow, shaking his head and looking down to the papers. He clears his throat as he leans forward, pushing a file to the edge of the desk. DaeHyun’s eyes flicker as he steps forward, reaching and placing his hand on the folder.

The chief holds the file down, not letting DaeHyun take it as he looks to him with hard eyes, “This is a special case, Jung DaeHyun…I’m going to need the absolute loyalty and respect that I know you to show.”

DaeHyun purses his lips and nods, and then slides the folder out from the chief’s grasp and takes a seat at one of the chairs in front of his desk.

The chief sighs as he leans back in his chair, looking to DaeHyun with searching eyes. He grunts as he folds his hands on the desk, “I’ve decided to give you another assignment along with your…uh…robbery thread. I’ve received notice that an official from a higher branch of government has been searching the country for missing peoples and that one of his team leaders is to arrive here any minute, and he has requested a guide from our precinct who knows the area and community well,” the chief raises his eyebrow and takes a breath before continuing, “I managed to catch a glimpse of the list of the missing…and one name in particular seems to coincide with the case that your father had been working on at the time of…his accident.”

DaeHyun’s eyes widen as he opens the folder and glances through the papers, “You mean Hyori? The missing woman from over three years ago?”

“That’s the one,” the chief sighs, “I’ve trusted this with you because I know that you are well studied in your father’s last tasks and that you know the case well. Also, you seem to have a good face in our town and many people know and like you. Therefore, as you look into these…robberies more, I would like to request that you offer your original patrol times to guide our visitor around Chinju. Take him where he needs to go, help authorize anything that he needs, and report the information back to me…that…is crucial. I don’t like the government sending their hyped up teams into my town…so I request that you remain loyal to your citizens, the very ones that your father so readily strived for, and let me know of your whereabouts and goings on. Do you understand?”

DaeHyun closes the folder and stands to look to his chief with determined eyes and gives him a single nod, “I do, sir.”

“Ha, good!” the chief smiles and stands, walking around the desk and slapping DaeHyun on the back as he leads him to the door.

“But, sir?” DaeHyun asks as the chief holds the door open for him to exit, “What about SooHyun? Who will patrol with him?”

“Kim SooHyun? Uh, is he your partner?”

DaeHyun nods.

“I’ll assign him a temporary fill in for you so he won’t have to work alone…maybe…Shin DongHo.”

“But DongHo is still in training, sir!” DaeHyun pauses.

The chief waves his hand at the matter, “Don’t concern yourself about him, son. Just focus on your tasks.”

“Yes sir,” DaeHyun walks back out to the busy precinct, folder in hand when someone opens the door on the other end to the main area of the building.

“Chief, there’s a visitor here for you,” the man calls.

“Uh, those government officials and their strictly run time clocks,” the chief mumbles as he shoves past DaeHyun. He looks to him from over his shoulder, “Let’s go Jung, we can’t keep him waiting, it’s not like we’ve just been sitting around here all day in preparation for this man!”

“Uh, right, sir!” DaeHyun hurries to follow, looking down to see the inscription “NATAS” on the outside of the file in his hands.

DaeHyun enters the waiting room of the precinct behind the chief to find a man waiting with his hands behind his back, wearing a black suit and tie and a cropped haircut as if he had just returned from army. The chief smiles and holds out his hands to the visitor, “I’m the chief of this precinct, it’s good to have you here!”

The other man smiles lightly and shakes the chief’s hand with a slight bow.

“You must be…” the chief glances to the paper in his hands, “Kwon JiYong?”

The man clears his throat and drops his hand to his side, “Sir, with all do respect, I would prefer to go by…GDragon,” his lips slide into a smile as he glances to DaeHyun, “It’s sort of…a code name within my division.”

“Suit yourself,” the chief mumbles before smiling again and pointing his hand out to DaeHyun, “Here is the guy that we have assigned to you around town. He’s been training for the last year and has just come out with his first assignment on investigations involving a string of robberies. He’s grown up here, as well as around the precinct, so he’s quite well known and knows the area better than the back of his hand. I’m sure he’ll aid you well.”

GDragon smiles and turns to DaeHyun with his hand out held. DaeHyun looks to his eyes for a second before forcing a smile and a slight bow, offering his hand to GDragon. “Jung DaeHyun, sir, it’s my pleasure to be able to help you on your mission.”

GDragon laughs as he shakes DaeHyun’s hand, glancing down to the folder. “I see you’ve got my folder.”

“Huh?” DaeHyun drops his hand and looks to the folder, sliding it behind his back, “I suppose so, sir. Just familiarizing myself with your goal as to be the best aid possible.”

GDragon’s lip twists into a smirk as he nods, “Very good.” GDragon turns and walks towards the door to the road, pausing before he opens it to look back to DaeHyun. “Coming? I would like to get started as soon as possible.”

DaeHyun smiles with the excitement of a real assignment, nodding as he turns to his chief. He bows in respect, “Thank you for this opportunity, chief. I won’t let you down.”

“I hope so,” the chief says quietly with a stern face but worried eyes, “Remember what I told you,” he says, pointing from DaeHyun back to himself. “Good luck, GDragon, I hope you find what you are looking for.”

“Thank you, chief,” GDragon slightly bows and then waits for DaeHyun to join his side.

~ ~ ~

DaeHyun drives the cop car around town, smiling to himself at the fact that his partner SooHyun now has to share a car with the rookie, Shin DongHo. He explains the major buildings as they drive from the south side of Chinju towards the north through the main streets. People who spot his cruiser, wave to him as he passes by, proving what the chief had mentioned about being well known to be true.

DaeHyun had attempted at conversation with GDragon before, talking about how his father had been on the force and how it had always been DaeHyun’s dream to join him. About how Chinju was as a town, and how the changing of seasons seemed to have been happening faster than usual.

GDragon, on the other hand, did not seem very interested in conversation. He commented occasionally on small details, but otherwise, he just looked out the window as they drove. DaeHyun’s curiousity about GDragon’s involvement in his father’s case finally gets the better of him.

DaeHyun pulls the cruiser behind a popular bar, and turns to GDragon with a smile. “I’m off shift, now,” he explains, putting his hat in the back seat, “How about I treat you to your first drink here in Chinju, sir?”

GDragon smiles for the first time since entering the car and nods, “That sounds good,” they both exit the car and walk towards the back entrance, “But, unfortunately, I do not work in shifts.”

DaeHyun pauses, confused, “So…no drinks?”

GDragon laughs out loud, “I can have a drink, but I need to keep focused on my task and become familiar with the faces of the people of Chinju.”

DaeHyun raises an eyebrow and holds the door open for GDragon, “Understood. But, sir, may I ask what exactly it is you are looking for? I have come to hear that you are in search of missing persons.”

GDragon walks through the busy club, finding two seats along the bar. He orders two drinks and then turns back to DaeHyun with a smirk, “Is that all you’ve read up on in that file of yours?”
DaeHyun blinks, “I actually haven’t gotten around to looking at it yet.”

GDragon nods, “That makes more sense.”

After a moment of quiet, DaeHyun continues, “But I did see that one of those missing persons happens to be a former local to our town. In fact, I knew her.”

GDragon turns to DaeHyun, his face showing more interest now. “Is that so?”

“Yes, she was the wife of a friend of my father’s. That’s why my father worked so hard in trying to discover about her disappearance. His friend was pressuring him to not give up the search…and my father looked for three years straight.”

“What did he find?”

DaeHyun looks away, reaching for the drink in front of him, “I’m not exactly sure…chief had the case closed a year ago and hasn’t let anyone look into it since.”

“Then you’re not actually familiar with the work?”
“My father had talked about it enough that I probably know parts that are in that closed file.”

GDragon turns his attention to his own drink, again becoming quiet.

~ Yong JunHyung ~

JunHyung had found Hyuna exactly where he thought he would…outside of the forest…and with YongGuk. He had sighed upon walking towards them, but Hyuna’s clear eyes and bright smile greeted him, rather than the tears he had expected.

She had given him a sincere apology, explaining that she merely wanted to think for a while. And though she promised that she happened to run into YongGuk while searching for fresh air, JunHyung didn’t believe it. YongGuk’s confident smile etched it’s way deeper and deeper inside of JunHyung, bothering him more with every glance.

Finally, JunHyung had reasoned that if YongGuk wasn’t going anywhere, than neither was he. It had been JunHyung’s idea to go to the bars that night for drinks, thinking that perhaps YongGuk had even littler tolerance with alcohol than he did…but he was wrong. After a few drinks, JunHyung began to feel warm and light-headed, but YongGuk, on the other hand, seemed level-headed and confident. Even Hyuna had slowly began to drink less, annoying JunHyung that YongGuk would be even more difficult to get rid of.

Part of him wanted to gloat that he had finally told Hyuna, and that, in a way, she had accepted him. But then the terrible thought that Hyuna had said that she might like YongGuk as well returned to him, and he kept quiet.

Hyuna sighs, looking around the bar at the different people. Finally, she stands and searches the walls, placing a hand on JunHyung’s shoulder. “I’m going to find a restroom, I’ll be right back.”

JunHyung nodded, but as soon as she left his sight, he grunted and rolled his eyes, hating to be stuck with YongGuk. YongGuk’s personality changed too, as he lost his calm and collected atmosphere and returned JunHyung’s glances with his own aggravated stares and scowls.

“Okay!” JunHyung finally exclaims, slamming his shot glass down, “Let’s get something straight,” he turns to face YongGuk, “I’m not leaving, and you’re not leaving. We both seem to have similar feelings towards the same girl, and all three of us seem to be in the same…situation. So we need to come up with some sort of agreement to…ease our emotions here.”

YongGuk smirks, “Is it becoming too much for you?”

JunHyung grits his teeth, “It would be the best for both of our health to come to some sort of compromise,” he says through his teeth.

“I’m listening,” YongGuk sighs, seeming bored.

“The rule is…no touching her.”

YongGuk looks to him out of the corner of his eye, “What?” he laughs.

“You heard me…no physical contact. No hands, no shoulders, no anything.”

YongGuk scoffs, “How is that a compromise?”

JunHyung looks to him, “Think about it, YongGuk, what’s the aspect that you would hate the most for me and Hyuna? Does it bother you more when we talk…or when we touch?”

YongGuk’s jaw tightens with his words, proving JunHyung’s point.

“There we go,” JunHyung states, “Neither of us can deal with the other one acting like that, therefore, we’ll both act maturely and agree to refrain from that for the time being.”

“What’s the time being?” YongGuk asks in a lower voice.

JunHyung blinks, “Until this confusing time has passed. Until she has chosen which one of us she wants by her side.”

~ Jung DaeHyun ~

“So what’s your strategy, then?” DaeHyun asks again, “Are you thinking that you will find Hyori somewhere in this bar?”

GDragon scoffs and then pauses. He shrugs and takes a sip of his drink, “Not…exactly.”

“Then what?” DaeHyun pushes with a raised brow.

Before GDragon can answer, a young girl gets pushed into his side, spilling his drink across the table. He exhales in aggravation, but otherwise doesn’t seem too upset with her.

“I’m sorry,” the girl mumbles, reaching over and picking up his glass.

“It’s alright,” GDragon answers coldly.

“It was an accident,” DaeHyun says softly with a smile to reassure the girl.

The girl has long, wavy dark black hair and soft eyes. She looks to him with a sweet smile, and DaeHyun turns to her. “I don’t think we’ve met…I’m Jung DaeHyun,” he holds his hand out to her.

She glances down to it, seeming a bit uncertain, but then she returns the smile with a nod as she lightly takes his hand and they shake. “Nice to meet you,” she says softly.

“Forgive me, but I usually know most people in Chinju, what with working on the police force and all.” DaeHyun smiles shyly.

“You’re a cop?” the girl asks, looking to him with big eyes.

“I am,” DaeHyun nods, “We’re off shift at the moment, just doing casual surveillance I guess you could say.”

She blinks as she glances to GDragon out of the corner of her eye.

“Now that we’ve met,” DaeHyun goes on, glancing down, “Maybe we will see each other again.”

The girl turns back to him and offers a kind smile. “Perhaps,” she says, and then moves to walk past.

“Don’t you think you owe me a drink?” GDragon calls to her without looking.

She pauses and turns back, “I…uh…of course.” She says quietly, coming to the bar and flagging the bartender down.

“I don’t think I’ve seen you around here before,” DaeHyun continues.

“I’m new to town,” she answers, “Just passing through.”

“Oh yeah? Where are you heading?”

“To the ocean.”

DaeHyun nods, thinking of how much further she would have to go to reach the coast. “Where are you coming in from?”

“North,” she replies, getting quieter with each question.

“Not one for small talk are you?” GDragon comments with a smirk as he looks to her.

She looks back at him and her face twists into that of recognition. She opens to speak, but then closes it again. She turns away and searches the bar. “My friends will be waiting for me…I hope that I’ve repaid you for the drink.”

She turns to leave, but GDragon’s hand is quick to grab onto hers, “I’m sorry…but you look a bit familiar to me. What did you say your name was?”

The girl’s eyes show fear behind her lashes as they move along from GDragon’s hand to his face. She blinks and pulls her hand free from his grasp, “I didn’t,” she replies and turns to disappear in the crowd.

GDragon and DaeHyun watch her go.

~ Yong JunHyung ~

Hyuna hurries back to them with a distant expression.

“What’s wrong?” JunHyung asks quietly, reaching her for hand but pausing when he feel’s YongGuk’s glare. He drops his hand to his side.

Hyuna shakes her head and blinks, “Nothing, my stomach just feels weird. I don't want to drink anymore, let’s go.”

Both JunHyung and YongGuk nod and get up to leave. The boys follow Hyuna as she weaves through the crowd. She stumbles and trips into a man’s back, and he turns to face her.

Hyuna lightly gasps and takes a step back, as a man in a suit and a boy in a cop uniform turn to face them. The man in the suit looks to YongGuk and JunHyung, as if examining them from head to toe. The cop looks to Hyuna with a smile.

“I didn’t think we would see each other again so soon,” the boy laughs, and JunHyung and YongGuk both take a step to each be on one side of Hyuna.

Hyuna smiles and looks from the suited man to the cop. “This is officer Jung DaeHyun, I’ve just run into him on my way back from the bathroom.”

The cop smiles to YongGuk and JunHyung, offering his hand to YongGuk first. Each boy shakes and gives a slight bow. The cop doesn’t seem to have left his twenties yet, while the man in the suit couldn’t be over the age of thirty-five. The suited man has dark, army-cropped hair and a cold expression, but the cop’s hair is brown and shaggy, and he wears a natural kind smile and bright eyes.

“These must be your friends?” the officer asks, looking to JunHyung and YongGuk.

Hyuna laughs, “Yes, they are.”

The cop laughs more genuinely and runs a hand through his hair. He looks to JunHyung and pauses, “Actually, I think we may have met.”

JunHyung smiles nervously and nods, “Officer Jung DaeHyun, it’s…good to see you again.”

DaeHyun laughs and points to JunHyung, “That’s right! You’re the punk that we used to have to arrest all the time for getting into fights around town! Wow, you’ve cleaned up since then!” DaeHyun places his hands on his hips as he looks JunHyung up and down with a nod. “I guess BiRain hyung has been a good influence on you!”

“You two know each other?” Hyuna asks quietly, looking up to JunHyung.

JunHyung smiles and nods, relieved that the young cop shows no hostility towards him for being picked up for fighting so often. “BiRain has been good to me,” JunHyung laughs, “What do you do each night with my absences from the precinct?”

DaeHyun laughs, “Well, I’m not a rookie anymore. Rather than riding around and watching you get dragged out of the clubs, I would be the one dragging,” he winks, “Chief gave me a case about a string of robberies in this area recently…tied into the clothing merchandise,” he shrugs and glances to the others. JunHyung looks to see that YongGuk shifts his weight on his legs, impatient to leave. “But, anyways, we were about to head out soon too,” DaeHyun nods, “Chief’s got me working two cases now. Excuse me for being rude, this is…GDragon. He’s come to our town to investigate another case and I’ve been assigned to assist him. We might be up and around this area a lot.”

Everyone looks to the man at his side, the cold seeming to radiate out of his very skin. He takes turn looking at everyone in the eyes, holding their stare just a little longer than comfortable. He nods his head but doesn't speak.

JunHyung suddenly feels a pang of recognition…as if he has seen this GDragon man somewhere before. And then, JunHyung’s stomach starts to twist and feel warm, making him feel a bit sick. He looks down to Hyuna at his side and he nods to her.

She looks to DaeHyun and GDragon with a faint smile before slightly bowing her head, “It was good to see you again so soon. Maybe we will run into each other again.”

“Perhaps,” DaeHyun smiles, and then he and GDragon turn towards the bathrooms on the side of the club.

“Let’s go, Hyuna,” JunHyung whispers into Hyuna’s hair as he follows her out.

DaeHyun stares at JunHyung for a moment before nodding and then turning with GDragon for the bathrooms at the side of the club.

YongGuk comes in last, scowling and mumbling to himself. “Hey, JunHyung,” he calls quietly.

“What?” JunHyung replies without looking.

“I’ve been thinking…and I think I have to catch up to you…it’s not fair.”

“What’s not fair?” JunHyung asks over his shoulder.

“Our little…arrangement we made.”

“How so?” JunHyung scoffs.

“You said…that you’d kissed her already,” YongGuk’s jaw becomes stern as he looks to JunHyung, and JunHyung finally feels a sense of superiority, “So naturally…I have to level the playing field.”

“Not exactly,” JunHyung’s hands ball into fists at his side as he looks behind him to YongGuk.

YongGuk smirks, raising his eyebrow. “One for one.”

JunHyung smiles broadly, looking down to his feet as they near the exit. “It wouldn’t just be one…”

YongGuk’s eyes look as if they couldn’t possibly widen any further. Veins protrude along his neck and forehead and his face reddens with anger.

JunHyung only smirks to him, enjoying his reaction. “Can’t control yourself?” he whispers with a laugh, “You’re just an immature kid. How can you think you can control her when you can’t even control your own temper?”

Control her?” YongGuk snarls, his arms shaking at his side.

They stand out on the night street, the cooling air wrapping around them. Hyuna turns to see YongGuk facing off with JunHyung and she rushes in.

“What’s going on?” she asks, pushing each away from the other with one hand.

“You think you can control her?” YongGuk shouts, “She’s not an animal!”

“That’s not what I meant!” JunHyung yells back, trying to step closer but being confined by Hyuna’s arm.

“What is he talking about, JunHyung?” Hyuna asks, looking to him with harsh eyes.

JunHyung looks back to YongGuk, who shakes uncontrollably. Hyuna no longer has her hand on his chest to restrain him, but he bends over, his body sweating and vibrating.

“YongGuk, calm down,” Hyuna urges him in quick whispers.

YongGuk yells into his hands as his fingers creep up into his hair.

“Get back,” JunHyung says quickly, grabbing Hyuna’s hand off of his chest and pulling her down the street. “He can’t control it.”

YongGuk grinds his teeth as his legs crumple and he pulls his head back to the sky, a loud and thunderous sound breaking out from him. JunHyung grabs Hyuna from behind as she watches, and pulls her around to put himself between them, making him into a shield over her. He holds her hands in front of her, as she fights and strains to get to YongGuk.

YongGuk’s arms sprout thick, brown fur and his shirt rips in half down the back and he falls to the ground, catching himself on his two front paws. He uses his back feet and claws to peel away the jeans as he wriggles out of his clothing, emerging again as BoHoJa the wolf.

He shakes his body, clearing away of any other scrap of clothing and then looks to JunHyung, releasing a breath full of air in a terrible snarl. JunHyung’s eyes are wide as he holds Hyuna close to himself, thankful that she hadn’t been near him when YongGuk uncontrollably shifted. JunHyung looks around the street to see that the night is deserted, but the loud music and sounds of people continue from inside the club.

Hyuna pries herself free from JunHyung’s grasp and stands in the street, looking down in shock at YongGuk. She gasps and rushes to him, grabbing his clothing off the ground and returning to JunHyung. She looks around the road, probably nervous about whether or not anyone else saw or heard what had happened.

“What are you doing?” Hyuna scolds in hushed tones, turning back to the dog, “How could you shift at a time like this? Someone could have seen you!”

YongGuk looks to JunHyung and takes a step forward, showing his teeth and growling as his hair rises along his back and his ears twitch towards the club as the noise continues inside.

~ GDragon ~

“We can start again in the morning,” the young cop says to GDragon as they exit the club.

They turn to the sound of some sort of argument going on at the side of the street to find JunHyung and the girl yelling at a dog in the street. With a horrifying growl, both GDragon and DaeHyun gasp as they catch sight of a wolf baring it’s fangs to JunHyung as he backs away with his hands up in a defensive position. The cop instincts within DaeHyun release and he pulls his gun out and points it at the wild beast.

GDragon stands a foot behind him, staring at the scene before them in silence.

“DaeHyun, no!” the girl screams, taking a step in front of the dog.

“Move!” DaeHyun urges, “That’s a wild animal!”

“He’s not!” she cries. She quickly looks over to JunHyung and he looks to her with wide eyes and then to the cop. GDragon watches her as her eyes reveal her nervousness. He looks down to her arms to see that she carries some type of article with her. She didn’t have that before, GDragon thinks. He looks around the road, wondering where the big, third party to their group has gone off to.

JunHyung straightens up and walks closer to the dog, and DaeHyun tenses his gun. JunHyung puts his hands up, “Easy, DaeHyun, it’s true. This is not a wild dog…he’s…our pet.” He looks down to see that the wolf’s hair has settled and the dog glances up to him.

“Your…pet?” DaeHyun asks, slowly lowering his gun.

“Yup,” JunHyung answers flatly. “His name is…fluffy.”

Hyuna smacks JunHyung’s arm, “His name is BoHoJa!” she corrects, and the dog whines as it looks to her.

“You can’t have a wolf as a pet!” DaeHyun scolds, replacing his gun to his belt.

“He’s not a wolf,” JunHyung blinks, “He’s only…part wolf.”

“What part?” GDragon scoffs, stepping forward and looking down to the canine.

JunHyung his head and shrugs, “Beats me,” he mumbles.

DaeHyun sighs and stares at them, the dog turning and facing him between JunHyung and the girl.

“He’s really…your pet?” DaeHyun raises an eyebrow.

“Yes,” both the girl and JunHyung answer in unison as they look to each other and then down to the now docile dog between them. The dog looks up to Hyuna with calm eyes and JunHyung reaches down and pats him on the head, flattening the dog’s ears against his head.

“Good, dog,” JunHyung smiles.

DaeHyun stares at them for a moment and then slowly nods, backing away towards the back road. “Alright,” he says hesitantly, “But…buy a leash for that dog!”

“Will do, officer.” JunHyung salutes him and then they turn to go, the dog trotting between them.

DaeHyun walks next to GDragon, matching his fast pace.

“That was…weird.” DaeHyun mumbles as they near the cruiser.

“This is a weird town,” GDragon replies flatly, “With weird people,” he adds quietly, glancing back towards the road, his mind taking mental notes of the strange girl and two friends…and of the dog. He smirks, thinking that this town might actually have what he’s been searching for. 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

~ LC ~

What do you guys think? 

Dont forget to check out the TRAILER for this fanfic!

Im packing for college, so updates will take longer! SORRY

Also, polls are open for voting for SHIFT!