Chapter Nineteen

Shift

~ Jung DaeHyun ~

The trees along the outside of town have fully changed into bright colors and have begun to color the ground below. The color of the sky has dimmed from bright blue to a blue grey, as the days seem shorter.

It’s been only a few days since DaeHyun left the kids at JunHyung’s apartment, but he had stopped by the bakery at times to check in on them. JunHyung went to work at the shipping factory and with BiRain at the music company, and YongGuk hung around the bakery with the girls. Chaelin not only allowed Hyuna to stay longer, but she had also welcomed IU as a friend to Hyuna. IU seemed to fit in with the others instantly, even laughing with BiRain upon his visits.

As for GDragon, he hadn’t been seen by the kids since his run in with Hyuna, but DaeHyun was forced to find him at the precinct often enough.

DaeHyun hadn’t gone to the chief with any news on GDragon, afraid to risk being kicked off the case all together and have all access to other files denied. Within the last few days, DaeHyun had gone through the bureau’s own records in search of any information on Hyori and her case, coming up with nothing; not even anything to do with NATAS. Even on the web, DaeHyun couldn’t bring up any new information other than that the NATAS branch industrialized new weaponry for the army using science technology. The blast from the YeonCheon branch was said to have occurred from the spilling of chemicals mixed with the sparks from different power sources within the building. The total number of people in range of the blast was recorded at 333, including the four kids, Hyori, and the man posted as “active” in GDragon’s files.

Overall, DaeHyun felt no further in his research…especially on GDragon. DaeHyun was only able to find a few articles on GDragon before his name change, when he was addressed as Kwon JiYong, however, he had found nothing out of the ordinary. He seemed like a normal kid, an average teenager, and a regular guy fresh out of the army and into the work field under his own father.

After finding IU, the robbery thread had died down and seemed to be nonexistent, although the girl promised not to have been the one stealing any of the clothes. She even claimed that the types described as stolen were men’s clothes…and not her style at all. DaeHyun had been forced to believe her.

DaeHyun rises and walks to the front of the precinct, deciding to visit the bakery once more to check in on the kids. He walks out and waves to Kiseop and Kevin at the desk as he heads for the front door. DaeHyun pauses and turns to the bench under the front window, spotting GDragon’s brief case. He turns to Kiseop.

“Is GDragon here?” DaeHyun asks as he points to the bag.

Kiseop looks up and then nods, “Yes, he’s in talking with the chief now.”

“How did I not see him walk through?” DaeHyun asks himself before glancing back to the bag. He looks over his shoulder to make sure that the coast is clear and then hurries to the bag. He throws it open and looks through all the contents, moving the papers and other files away until he finds the one inscribed at NATAS. He smiles as he pulls it out and stands up, closing the bag.

He turns for the door and stops to see Kiseop and Kevin staring at him.

“This is mine,” DaeHyun struggles for a firm voice as he holds up the folder and then replaces it by his side.

Kevin holds up his hands and takes a step back shaking his head, “Hey, man we don’t care, you guys are on the same case, right?”

DaeHyun’s lips twitch into a smile as he nods, “That’s right. See you boys later.”

DaeHyun quickly turns and leaves the building, all but running to his cruiser and starting the ignition, waiting to get a good way down the road before pulling to the curb and idling as he pulls out the file. His heart thuds inside his chest as he stares down to the NATAS file in his lap. He had lied when he said it was his own, for it was obviously more full than the one that GDragon had swiped from his desk, but there was no doubt in his mind that he was somewhat entitled to the contents since he was assigned to the case.

He takes a deep breath as he opens it up and smiles at all the papers and photographs that he’s been searching for on his own. Detailed plans on the NATAS building, lists of names and locations, different divisions of government working on the job, and photographs of the deceased, active, and missing…including the four pictures of the kids at the bakery. DaeHyun pulls out his cell phone and begins to take pictures of what he thinks of as important. He snaps shots of each of the kid’s photographs, the bullet points of characteristics, symptoms and guessed locations, and information on the NATAS organization, along with the chemical blast and victims.

DaeHyun leans back and looks through the other papers, pausing on a booklet that’s titled as “NATAS Experiment C3.”

“What’s this?” DaeHyun mumbles to himself as he opens it.

Inside, he finds the four kids photographs, along with Lee Hyori and another man. The pictures are the same as the missing signs, however, rather than bulleted points summarizing each person, the file contains detailed background checks, blood types, medical records, personality descriptions and more. “It’s like each kid’s life in a couple pages of paper!” DaeHyun exhales.

DaeHyun throws the file back into the folder and shoves it into his own black backpack as he pulls away from the curb, lights swirling as he drives towards the other end of town…towards the bakery. The information that GDragon and this NATAS organization possesses is far too much to take pictures of on his cell phone screen…he has to have another sit-down meeting with them.

~ Kim HyunA ~

Chaelin had been more than welcoming towards Hyuna and IU. In fact, CL even seemed to be partial towards IU’s sweet and innocent personality, as well as her girlish charm and bright eyes. Overall, Hyuna had decided that IU was simply a likeable person and could fit in anywhere and with anyone and be completely happy. She was an optimist and always seemed to carry a smile on her face without growing tired. Honestly, although her cheeriness could feel a bit obnoxious at times, Hyuna welcomed the new atmosphere to their group, and so did Chaelin and BiRain. The boys, on the other hand, seemed less than thrilled to have the little girl hanging around. IU speaks her mind and she spoke often. JunHyung had at least warmed up to the girl a bit, and smiled at her childish jokes and high-pitched laughter; but YongGuk only rolled his eyes at her and ignored her as much as possible, claiming that she was a child and should “focus on studying or something.” Hyuna and Chaelin had only scoffed and made the point that IU was only a couple years younger than YongGuk, and that Guk would have just graduated high school as well. YongGuk argued that he was physically older than the number of his age, but JunHyung claimed that YongGuk’s mental age might actually be younger than IU in any aspect.

Hyuna sits with JunHyung by the window to the shop, watching as the sun starts to set and the cool air of autumn falls into the town, the smell of leaves floating between the buildings. Hyuna laughs and talks in hushed tones with JunHyung, as he reaches over the table and lightly touches the tips of her fingers with his own. After getting IU and YongGuk situated with their new living places, the craziness that they had all felt days before seems to have drifted on in the breeze, leaving them feeling more relaxed despite the hovering ideas of change. Hyuna found herself standing or sitting next to JunHyung more often, his fingers often searching for hers between them, but breaking apart at every glance from YongGuk or the others. When IU caught them together, she only smirked and raised her brows, or gave them a wink and a giggle. Her own eyes, though, often drifted to YongGuk, to which he would glance away from her in stubbornness. BiRain frequented the store almost every evening, always suggesting dinner together or some sort of evening activity. He could convince Chaelin to close shop early easier than any other, and she was always on board for an adventure through town. Occasionally, Hyuna, JunHyung, Guk, and IU would claim to be too tired for one of BiRain’s excursions, and Chaelin and Rain would leave together.

YongGuk leans over the counter, trying to talk with BiRain about his ideas in music, but with Rain covered in flour and IU drawing designs on his arms in frosting as Chaelin laughs on the side, Guk doesn’t seem to get much out of the conversation. IU happily laughs, her hair tied into two tiny pig tails on the side of her head, and her sweet smile spreading to Hyuna as she watches her. Hyuna feels a sense of joy and love for her friends more strongly than ever before, as if putting her soul at ease. JunHyung looks to her and follows her gaze, and then brushes the length of her pointer finger with his own, drawing her attention. He smiles to her and she smiles back. He glances over to the group and then quickly leans across the table, holding her hand as she leans forward to meet his lips. They look to each other as they pull apart with smiles, trying to keep their laughter quiet from the others, but when they glance back, IU looks to them with a knowing smirk, and then gives them a wink before returning to finishing the pink heart of frosting on Rain’s forearm. YongGuk might have caught her gaze and wink, for he stops mid sentence and turns around only to find Hyuna and JunHyung sitting back in their seats, completely at ease. He scowls and looks back to IU.

“Do you have to act that way?” Guk practically growls at her.

IU only smiles to herself as she connects the last half of the heart on Rain’s arm, “What do you mean? I’m only having a little fun.”

“There are endless possibilities of horror for our world upon the excuse of just having fun.”

BiRain stifles his laughter at Guk’s retort as he looks over to Chaelin to see that she hides her own smile with her flour-covered hand.

IU is the only one that fearlessly laughs out loud, saying, “YongGuk, I’m not hurting anyone. And if I find happiness within such a terrible world just by covering a dear friend in cake frosting…then why deny me of my simple pleasures?”

“Because it’s ridiculous,” Guk scowls.

“Matter of opinion, my friend,” IU states with a tilt of her head and a smile at the work of art along Rain’s arms.

Before anything else can be said, the store changes from the soft atmosphere of the warm light from the setting sun, to swirling colors of blue and red as everyone glances to the front window in unison to see Jung DaeHyun’s cop car pull up outside. Everyone’s expressions read as either fright or confusion as the cop hurries out of his car and towards the shop. He opens the door, sending the bells clanging on top as he looks to them with alarm in his eyes.

“What’s the problem, officer?” BiRain asks, stepping forward as the frosting smears along his arms as he crosses them over his chest.

DaeHyun smiles, but Hyuna can see how his chest moves quickly with his heavy breathing, “Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to scare anyone,” he glances to his car and lights, “But I just needed to talk to Hyuna, JunHyung, YongGuk, and IU for a quick moment.”

“Are the kids in some sort of…trouble?” Rain asks, glancing down to the blurred colors of rainbow on his arms.

CL walks over to him and hands him a towel.

“Um, no…” DaeHyun hesitates and looks around the store to each of them, “It’s no trouble it’s just some information I received that they were interested in.”

“Regarding what?” Rain huffs as he looks to the others.

“Apartment buildings!” Hyuna exclaims before she can stop herself, and everyone turns to her. Her eyes widen as she looks to DaeHyun’s confused expression. “We…asked DaeHyun to look into some reports on local apartments around here…just to be sure. Right, IU?” she looks to the girl and she quickly nods and gives a bright smile, clearing anyone else of any doubt.

“Right,” DaeHyun nods, “I have the reports in my car.”

“What’s up with your lights?” CL asks softly, “You drive up here with those things on and you get everyone scared!”

“Sorry,” DaeHyun laughs, running a hand through his hair, “I’m new so I don’t get to use the lights or siren often.”

CL nods and gives him a smile, “Well, next time just come as yourself…it’ll be bad for my business,” she gives him a wink.

“Alright, will do, Chaelin,” DaeHyun turns to Hyuna, “Ready to go look at them?”

“Yup, let’s go, IU,” Hyuna stands and IU hurries to join her side.

“I’m going,” JunHyung voices, standing up and laughing to himself as he joins them.

“Of course you are,” BiRain mumbles.

“Count me in,” Guk sighs, following them out.

“You’re all going?” CL whines as she looks to BiRain.

“We’re men!” JunHyung states at the door, “We have to make sure that the place is sound and secure for the ladies!”

Rain rolls his eyes as he wipes the frosting from his arms. CL sighs and takes the towel from his hands, gently washing off his arms as the group leaves the store.

~ ~ ~

“Have you guys seen anything of GDragon these days?” DaeHyun asks as they all pile into JunHyung’s apartment room.

“Nothing,” Hyuna states with a sigh.

DaeHyun nods, “That’s good, then.”

“What about you?” Guk asks.

DaeHyun shrugs, “I see him now and then but he insists on patrolling on his own. I’ve been trying to do some research of my own.”

“And?” JunHyung asks.

“Couldn’t find much,” DaeHyun says as he shakes his head, “Until today,” he holds up a folder from his black backpack.

“What is that?” IU asks with jutting lips.

“This…is a file with all the information you could want on this NATAS group…and on you guys.”

“Us?” Hyuna whispers as the word stirs her heart.

DaeHyun nods, “You’ll never believe what these people who about you.”

The group falls into silence, looking to each other and reading fear in every expression.

“Perfect,” JunHyung breathes, “It’s time to get some answers.”

Everyone sits in a circle in JunHyung’s living room, passing papers around. YongGuk looks into the information regarding NATAS as an organization, Hyuna reads through the names of victims in the blast, JunHyung researches about the chemical explosion in YeonCheon, and IU looks into the other governmental branches. DaeHyun sorts through the background checks on each of them, tapping his finger on his chin as he reads.

After a while of mumbling, he finally sits back and shakes his head.

“What did you find?” IU asks with curious eyes as she looks to his papers.

He takes a breath and looks around the circle to everyone’s eyes, “Do you guys want your memories back?” he asks and Hyuna can feel the air in the room vacuum out as everyone takes a breath in simultaneously.

“What do you mean?” Hyuna whispers.

DaeHyun holds up the papers, “I have all the information on each of you from the time you were born up until the chemical explosion.”

Everyone exchanges glances.

“What does it say?” JunHyung asks first as he leans forward.

“Well,” DaeHyun begins, “Who should start…”

“Wait,” Hyuna exhales. She shakes her head, “I don’t want to.”

“What are you talking about?” JunHyung blinks.

“I…I don’t want to know.” She croaks.

“Why not?”

Hyuna looks to him with tears in her eyes, “Why does it matter? What will change? The past doesn’t matter!”

“It’ll shed light on our current situation, Hyuna,” JunHyung says.

“I just don’t think we need to dwell on the past!”
“It’s not dwelling,” YongGuk speaks up, “But it could help us out, Hyuna.”

“How will knowing about my personal life help you out, Guk?” Hyuna snaps and he looks down.

“We could at least hear about the part of NATAS,” IU offers.

“I want to know everything,” JunHyung scoffs.

“I don’t.” Hyuna pouts.

JunHyung turns to her, his eyes stern. “What’s with you, Hyuna? Why don’t you want to know anything? Are you really happy in that state of complete unawareness?”

“I’m not unaware,” she huffs.

“You don’t like to know things because you have an avoidance strategy,” JunHyung states, “You traveled all over Korea trying to avoid cities, avoid people, avoid relationships. You don’t talk about religion because you want to avoid the confusion. You don’t want to confront your issues because you want to avoid the complications. But…sometimes you can’t run anymore and you’ll have to face your problems.”

Hyuna scowls, grinding her teeth.

JunHyung sighs and softens his expression, reaching over and placing a hand on her knee. “You were right…nothing will change with this information. It won’t change who you are or anything like that. But it will aid us in our situation.” He shakes his head, “It’s not going to hurt you, Hyuna,” he leans in closer to her, his shoulder against hers as he speaks so that only she can hear, “I won’t let anything hurt you.”

Hyuna sighs and glances away, skimming over Guk’s glare at JunHyung’s hand. She looks up to DaeHyun and nods, and he returns it and then looks to the files in his hands.

“We’ll start with the oldest then…Yong JunHyung.”

The group settles down and focuses on DaeHyun as he begins. DaeHyun sighs, “Yong JunHyung, current age, twenty three. Originally from Seoul, South Korea. Blood type O. Former hair color, black. Date of birth December 19, 1989. 179 centimeters tall and 64 kilograms in weight when last recorded,” he glances to JunHyung before continuing, “After exposure to chemical Neurotoxin Intensifying Shift, or NIS, physical appearance has increased muscle tone, and changed hair color to light brown and blonde. Aspects that have been enhanced are a mixture of swiftness. Default shift form as leopard, white fur.

Only child born to a wealthy family. Mother died when he was five in a car accident on their way to a martial arts competition. Father often…” DaeHyun looks up again hesitantly, “often resorted to physical abuse brought on by excessive drinking and depression. Alcohol mixed with anxiety pills resulted in his death. JunHyung was picked up at the age of 19 for NATAS recruitment. Search ended within months of his disappearance.”

DaeHyun sighs and looks up to them. JunHyung stares at the floor, lost in his mind and thoughts.

DaeHyun continues, “It seems as if GDragon has scribbled some side notes, I’ll go ahead and read them,” he clears his throat, “After chemical integration, patient displays possibility of hand to hand combat, perhaps a result in his prior knowledge and skills in mixed martial arts.” DaeHyun finishes with a deep breath and looks to him. “Are you okay?”

JunHyung’s eyes flicker and then he looks up and nods as he purses his lips. “Yes,” he breathes, “I actually feel… a little better now that I know. And it definitely clears up some questions for me.” Hyuna reaches for his hand and he looks down at it and then to her, “I’m fine,” he looks to DaeHyun, “Please continue.”

“Okay,” DaeHyun huffs, “On to...Kim Hyuna.” He looks up and Hyuna nods for him to continue. “Kim Hyuna, current age of twenty. Date of birth June 6th, 1992. Last recorded height of 164 centimeters and weight of 44 kilograms, blood type A. Hair color original black, and after chemicals, black. From Mokpo, South Korea. After NIS integration, Hyuna displayed stronger muscle tone and endurance. Default form of shift as a stallion, black in color.
Hyuna is an only child, her mother dying within the childbirth process. Father died from overdosing on depression pills when she was 13. She continued high school by living with various friends. Often won medals for being the quickest on the school’s track team. NATAS obtained her at the age of 16, search ended after a year.” DaeHyun turns the page sideways to read GDragon’s footnotes, “Hyuna shows strength in speed, resulting from her pre-chemical aptness in running track. She shows good speed and would be a good option for quick missions.”

Hyuna sighs and closes her eyes, feeling as if her head might explode with the new information. She feels a pang of guilt of the death of her mother, added with that of the idea that her father probably used depression medication because of it…another death in her family because of her. Now, JunHyung squeezes her hand and she nods, fighting back the tears. She looks up to DaeHyun, “Please…keep going.”

“Okay,” DaeHyun says as he pulls out the next sheet, “Bang YongGuk, from Busan. Current age of eighteen. Date of birth March 31, 1994. Blood type B. Last recorded height and weight of 82 centimeters and 60 kilograms. Hair color originally black. After NIS treatment, hair color changed to brown, and senses were enhanced (smell, sight, touch, taste, and hearing). Default shift form of the wolf, brown fur.
Raised in the local orphanage, and then various foster homes, often running away. NATAS discovered him at age 14, search ending within months.
GDragon writes that YongGuk must have developed better senses while running away to the woods when he was younger, resulting in heightened sensory skills after chemical integration. He seems to be a good match for tracking.”

DaeHyun looks to him but Guk only shrugs.

“Okay,” DaeHyun looks back down, “On to IU…or Lee JiEun it says here.”

Everyone turns to her and her eyes widen, “I thought my name was IU?”

DaeHyun flips through the pages, “It says here that your name is JiEun…but actually that IU was a childhood nickname.”

IU sighs and nods. “Okay,” she says softly, “Go on.”

DaeHyun purses his lips and continues reading, “Lee JiEun, current age of 16. Date of birth May 16, 1996. Originally from Gunsan, South Korea. Blood type A. Original hair color black. Last recorded height of 160 centimeters and weight of 47 kilograms. After chemical NIS, hair color changed to reddish brown. Default shift form of the red fox.
Daughter of a middle class family, with one older brother. Family died in an apartment complex fire, JiEun being the only one to escape by crawling out of the timbers and climbing down the tree next to the building. She was picked up directly by NATAS at age 12, search ending immediately with the thought of her dying within the blaze.
GDragon thinks that the chemicals homed in on her small body, and increased her stealth, making her a good option for…search groups.”

Finally, DaeHyun looks up and they see that IU’s face no longer shows the bright, happiness that she once possessed, but now she looks sad and tired. She looks up to meet Guk’s worried eyes, and she smiles, but it doesn’t seem to reach her eyes. YongGuk looks to DaeHyun.

“What about that Hyori girl?” he asks.

“Yeah,” JunHyung speaks up, “BiRain’s wife. How was she involved?”

DaeHyun looks through the papers and pulls up her profile. “Here it is, Lee Hyori, current age would be 35. Originally from…Chinju, South Korea. Date of birth May 10, 1977. Hair color black, last recorded height and weight of 166 centimeters and 53 kilograms. Blood type AB. After chemical NIS, hair color turned to a silver or gray. Agility heightened with chemicals and shift default form was the hawk with gray feathers.
Older brother and sister moved to Seoul and Busan after high school for universities. She was an art teacher at a high school, working with animal shelters during summers. Parents still living. Marriage to BiRain at age 25. Child conceived, but lost. NATAS found her outside of Chinju at Mount Chiri. Searches continued for three years under investigator Jung…” DaeHyun takes a deep breath, “Case closed by demands from YG and the NATAS group to the chief…” DaeHyun squints his eyes, “After chemical explosion in the YeonCheon branch, Hyori died upon failed escape attempt.” DaeHyun stops and looks up, “Chief stopped the investigation upon the request from the NATAS group?”

“I guess your chief knows more than he led you to think,” Guk mumbles.

“This can’t be,” DaeHyun whispers.

“What about the sixth guy?” JunHyung asks as he points to the files, “Wasn’t there one other guy in there?”

DaeHyun looks down and nods, “Yeah, the one that’s still ‘active,’ let me see,” he finds the profile and pulls it out, “Choi SeungHyun, now TOP, Technological Operative Patrolman. From YeonCheon, South Korea. Current age of twenty-five. Date of birth November 4, 1987. Blood type AB. Height and weight of 181 centimeters and 65 kilograms.
Raised within a normal household, parents dying within a car crash when he was young, living the rest of his high school life with his grandmother who passed on in his twenties. Was a wrestler in high school and college. After army time, he volunteered for the special forces, being assigned to the group BigBang within the NATAS branch, headed by GDragon under YG.
First army recruit for NIS testing after the chemical explosion. Hair color remains the same black as before, not resulting in odd colors when his form shifts. Default shift form of the bear. Displays heightened strength but more temperamental. Still active in the NATAS work under BigBang.” DaeHyun shakes his head, “That’s all there is. He’s an army guy within the NATAS that used this NIS chemical.”

The group falls into silence, taking in everything that they heard. After a moment, JunHyung speaks up, “Okay, so what are the commonalities?”

“The chemical NIS,” Guk answers.
“The fact that all of our parents died when we were young,” IU adds, “No one would search for us.”
“The NATAS group, this BigBang sector, and the YG guy,” Hyuna breathes.
“It says here that this Hyori chick was the cause of the chemical explosion,” YongGuk states as he looks to his own papers, “It reads that during Kim Hyuna’s training session, Hyori released herself and made an escape attempt. She attempted to free…the rest of us,” he blinks and his voice softens, “She was trapped in the inferno, and died from smoke poisoning and excessive heat, resulting in the explosion of spilled chemicals and sparks of equipment. Four out of six of the test subjects escaped and their whereabouts are unknown. The last subject was caught at the scene and resentenced into training…that must be the TOP guy.”

He looks to Hyuna and she blinks as her mind gets trapped around the word ‘training.’ She looks to DaeHyun, “I think I’ve seen her in my dreams. She…helped me.”

DaeHyun purses his lips and nods. “The information on your other missing person profiles has suggested locations for each of you. IU was last seen in Buan.”

They turn to her and she nods, “I just came here after running into that VI guy there.”

“Do you think VI is like us?” Hyuna asks.

IU shakes her head, “I don’t think so. He seemed pretty normal to me, but I do think he’s part of this BigBang.”

“Which means that GDragon is in charge of it,” DaeHyun exhales.

“And this YG guy controls him.” JunHyung adds.

After another quiet moment, DaeHyun looks up. “What’s with these animals and shifting? What does that mean? What happens?” he looks around at the group, each looking to each other.

IU sighs, “It’s terrible…it feels as if you’re melting.”

“Your heart beat and breathing increases and feels uncontrollable,” YongGuk adds.

“Every bone in your body snaps,” JunHyung shakes his head.
Hyuna thinks for a second and then speaks up, “It’s like ripping off a band aide…”

YongGuk laughs, “That’s a bit of an understatement!”

Hyuna rolls her eyes, “I mean the slower you do it the more it hurts. You just have to do it all at once and get it over with…like a band aide.”

“Oh,” Guk looks away.
“I agree,” IU says, “It’s harder to make myself shift without my heart rate and breathing rate up already. It definitely hurts more.”

Hyuna nods, “That’s why after I get the initial shift over with and my rates are up…it becomes easier to change forms again.”

IU looks to her with wide eyes, “You can change into more that one form?”

Hyuna nods, “Any form I want after the first change.”

“How?”

Hyuna shrugs, “I don’t really know. I…just change myself.”

They stare at her for a moment and then turn back to DaeHyun as he stares at the floor, soaking in all the information. “Maybe it’s because you have speed already, so you can change faster,” he mumbles and then shakes his head, “So…you’re entire body changes…but how do you stay…you? Your mind remains human? IU even spoke to me when she was…a fox.”
Hyuna waves her hand, “We can speak, it’s just moving your tongue against your teeth and lips…it’s just more difficult in animal form.”
“Our physical bodies change…but our souls remain the same,” IU states and everyone looks to her. She glances around, “Our personalities don’t change…and we…our beings remain. It’s like what Rene Descartes said, ‘I think therefore I am,’ meaning that even if you take away everything you see, touch, hear, taste, and smell about us…something about us will still be there.”

“Our minds,” Hyuna states.
“Our souls,” JunHyung corrects.
“That part doesn’t shift,” IU finishes and DaeHyun nods.

“Guys…” he breathes, “GDragon probably knows by now that I have his folder. Show me what you think is vital information and I’ll take a picture of it with my phone in case we get caught. I’ll have to replace the file as soon as possible,” he sighs, “I think I might get kicked out for this.”

“But then the police won’t be on our side,” JunHyung looks up.

YongGuk shakes his head, “They aren’t on our side anyways, even the chief has been keeping secrets. We only have DaeHyun.”

DaeHyun blinks and purses his lips, “That’s right… I need to talk to the chief but it doesn’t look good for me. And he is right about one thing…this is a matter that is beyond the jurisdiction and control of the local police force. We’ll need more people.”

“For what?” Hyuna narrows her eyes.

“To fight!” YongGuk exclaims, making a fist.

“Fight what?” Hyuna shrieks.
DaeHyun holds up his hands, “Easy, I don’t know where this is going yet.”

“Then why don’t we get out of here,” Guk scoffs.
“We can’t just run,” IU mumbles.
“We have to face this!” JunHyung adds. “We can’t run our whole lives with BigBang chasing us. We have a better idea of what’s going on now…now we have a say in the matter. As much as I hate to admit it…you’re right, Guk, we have to fight.”

YongGuk glances to Hyuna’s worried eyes and then back. “I take it back,” he states, “As much as I love a good fight…I would pick flight in this situation.”

Hyuna looks to him and smiles faintly.
“Sometimes you have to fight for peace,” JunHyung says calmly as he looks around, “We will never find peace if we just keep avoiding it and allow more bad things to happen.”

“I agree,” IU states with determined eyes.
“Me too,” DaeHyun adds.
“Not me,” Hyuna says quietly.
“Or me,” Guk nods.
“Well, right now it’s best to stay together,” DaeHyun reasons.

YongGuk scoffs, “What? So they can find us all in one place at one time?”

Everyone freezes with the scary realization.

DaeHyun speaks softly, “We need a…hideout. A sort of…meeting place.”

“Why not here?” IU asks as she looks around.

Hyuna looks to JunHyung and he looks to the others and shrugs. “Sure, we can use my place.”

“Okay,” DaeHyun nods, “This is our new meeting place. We’ll have to be careful. I’ll get more information…IU, I might need your info on other government branches…especially if BigBang is brought in.”

She nods.

“Okay, then,” DaeHyun claps his hands together, “Let’s get this moving.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

~ LC ~

What are your thoughts guys? i wont be around too much anymore cuz my college schedule is crazyyyyyy~! see you soon!