6

Her Ghost Boyfriend

"kumawo halmoni." i bowed at the owner of the apartment complex.At last I have found a new place to live in, its a 3 storey apartment complex not too far from the coffee shop.

 

 

Halmeoni said that they weren't supposed to accept a new renter but luckily the one whose renting the biggest one on the second floor wanted to have a housemate so he can split the apartment rent. And the good thing is i just have to pay the rent for this month.

 

"here's your key boy. You can move-in now if you want since your housemate is out for a sleepover. i got a feeling you will change everything." she handed me the key with a smile and then turn her back to leaved.

 

My eyebrows knotted on her comment. change everything? what does she mean?Nevermind..

 

We were about to leave when halmeoni called me again. "one more thing boy, don't touch her things. She hate that."

 

 

"ne halmeoni."

 

 

wait. what? Her? did i just hear it right?

 

"She said 'she' right?" confused, i look at Yeollie.

 

"yeah. why?" he answered coolly.

 

"that's a SHE!" My eyes got bigger trying to make Yeollie get the point. This choding, how can he be so dense.

 

"i know. geez, no need to repeat man. I heard her clearly " Sungyeol rolled his eyes.

 

"SHE man! that's means a girl Yeollie!"

"what?!?!" He widen his eyes, finally. But then his facial expression change into a grin.

 

"eeeeeei..." "Myungsoo-a it's just a mistake. She's a old woman you know. Old people always make mistake, she probably meant a 'he'."

 

"and if not?" i raised an eyebrow, you better be right Lee Sungyeol.

 

"trust me men. It's nothing. " He give me a reassuring look and putted his arms around my shoulder.

 

"now come on let's pack your things.'

 

HYEMI POV

 

"hey Hyemi,come on! we need to leave!." I turned around and saw Byul waving at the bus door.

 

"coming!!!" I shouted out before running towards her. Today was our class tour and recreation activity, I wasn't supposed to come since I probably won't enjoy the trip but Byul,my bestfriend and also our student council president insisted me to come.

 

So now here I'm sitting silently on a bus with her while she keeps on talking about the place where going.

 

" I'm sure your going to love the place Hyemi-a! that place was awesome! do you know they even have a small strawberry field there. I know you love it!" she bump my shoulder lightly before grinning wide.

 

"really? woow. I can't wait to see that." I replied trying to show how 'excited' I'm.

 

"gosh Hyemi-a don't be such a kill joy. I know why your acting like that again. Stop it okei? Be the lively Hyemi I know and just enjoy our trip." I just nod at what she says.

 

I wish Byul really know. I didn't even tell her that i fainted the other day at the coffee shop. I don't like keeping secrets to her,.maybe if i tell her it wouldn't be so hard, maybe she understand but I was too afraid. Too afraid to lost something i've already lost years ago. I bite my lower lip, thinking about it makes me want to cry but I know I can't not when someone is watching. I figured keeping it hidden would be the best.

 

Speaking of me fainting at the cofffee shop, that day i woke up at the hospital alone. The nurse said a handsome guy brought me there and even paid the bills before leaving. I asked if I can have his name, it is Kim Myungsoo.

 

Kim Myungsoo, I should find him,thank him and pay my debt to him.

 

My thoughts were interupted by my phone vibration. "

 

yeoboseyo." "really? that's good then. kumawo" I hanged up the phone after that.

 

"who's that?" Byul asked.

 

"It's Sungjong. He said his grandma already found a co-renter for me."

 

"so you still push through that huuh? would it be okei to your parents? esp. to your dad?" she asked ,voice full of concerned.

 

"I hope they understand. Besides I'm doing this to help them. " Studying college was a no joke. Especially when it comes to financial matters,most of my father earnings is spent on my studying and now that I'm a senior the fees double up. I can't bear to see my dad shoulder it all, I needed to help and this is my way of helping.

 


 

After hours of travelling we finally arrived. Indeed the place was amazing, it looks so green. Nothing really beats the beauty of nature. I can already see the small strawberry fields Byul talking about,making me excited. I guess Byul's right,just enjoy the trip I needed some fun too anyways.

 


 

MYUNGSOO

 

11am. I stare at the ceiling above me, It's almost lunch time and I just woke up. Moving into this new place yesterday made me tired,should i skip work? Hmm.

 

Yeah, that sounded like a good idea. I grab my phone at the small table near my bed and texted Dongwoo hyung after a minute or so he replied with a long message almost filling up the screen of my phone, even at this his so talkative. Aigoo.

 

I pull myself up a little. I scan my room with my eyes it was not that huge but is fully furnished. The apartment itself was good, walls are painted light blue making it look more wider. There were only three doors and in a U shaped right after the living room, the center door was for the bathroom, the left door is where my room was and the right is another bedroom. The kitchen is facing the wall of my room.

 

I heard the door closed, it must be him my housemate. I got up from my bed and open the closet to find some shirt to wear,I grab the towel before going so i can head straight to the bathroom after greeting him. I lightly closed my door as i scan where he is, I heard the closing of the refrigerator on the kitchen and went there.

 

His back was facing me, he was quite small and slim and have long hair in a ponytail.

 

Long hair..

 

long hair..

 

Long hair?!?!?!! Before I could register what my minds is thinking a loud scream echoed throughout the room along with the sounda of a glass breaking into pieces.

 

"AHHHH!!" I admit also got stratled. It's a girl for Christ sake! "

 

who are you?!?!" we both ask in unison.

 

"how did you- she even't finish her sentence instead she screams out Sunjong's name loud. Too loud I bet it can be heard all over the floor.

 

"I'm the new renter!" I blurted out before my eardrums got damaged by her scream.

 

"your what?!?!?" Her eyes got more wider.

 

"noona!!! whaaa what happened!!" I heard the door being kicked wide open, Sungjong must be the one who did it. In a second he is now standing by my side, breathing fast.

 

"Hyemi noona, what happened?!?!kwenchana?"

 

Hyemi..

 

Hyemi.. it sounds so familiar.

 

I stare at her face. My brain must be playing tricks with my eyes. It is her..

 

Hyemi....

 


Hi guys! ^^ thanks for reading,subscribing to this story.

Your comments are so good I can't help but update immediately.

I hope this chapter goes well, a start of their fate. that's it for now. annyeong~~~ ^^