5

Her Ghost Boyfriend

  "thanks for bringing her here. I was so worried" Woohyun said as he stare on the sleeping Hyemi.

They were now on the emergency room of a hospital,the doctor said it was because of stress and lack of enough sleep and food that she fainted.   

 

Myungsoo didn't answer back, instead he left without a word.   

 

MYUNGSOO POV    

I head back at the coffee shop after paying all the bills at the hospital,that  annoying nurse won't let me leave unless i pay them. Thanks to her my new camera lens would have to wait longer. 

 

  "Myungsoo-ah! Your back!" Dongwoo hyung greeted me brightly upon seeing me at the door entrance. I give a light smile before returning at my work at the counter.   

 

  " how is she?"  he asked. I shrugged my shoulders and continue wiping the counter table. It's a good thing there was weren't alot of costumer today I'm not really in the mood to smile and talk all day.   

 

"what do you mean you don't know? Did you leave her behind?  alone?!? did you even wait for her to wake up?" he started nagging, a typical Jang Dongwoo reaction.    

 

"No. why hyung?"     "you should have atleast wait for her. No one is going to take care of her. how could you..blah blah blah" incoherant words starting sprouting out of hyung's mouth. He should not really talk this long,is it as if I'm talking to an alien whenever he did that.   

 

"Aish! Hyung stop! I already help her,paid even her hospital bills isn't that a little too much since she is a total stranger? And besides  their someone taking care of her."    In fact,I shouldn't even help her at the first place or even Woohyun. He looks like trouble the first time I saw him, I should have known better.  

 

 "I get it... but still she is a customer remember?"   

 

 I  just keep quiet.

    

 

 


 After that small incident my day ended up fine,I'm now on my way back home. I live at the small apartment complex, I been renting the small type for years it wasn't the glamorous kind  but the people there was really nice especially the ahjumma who owns the place.   

 

"good evening,ahjumma." I greeted. She was standing at my door with a small white envelope on her hands.  

 

 "finally your here. I've been waiting for you."   

  "is there any problem ahjumma?" She handed me the envelope, her expression was a little sad.   

 

"what is this for,ahjumma?" i curiously asked.   

 

" it's your payement for this month. I'm sorry Myungsoo but this place was already sold. It can't be help,their offer was so good I couldn't resist it. You know how badly i needed money right? Anyway, the new owner wanted to renovate this and their only giving us until weekend to clear this area." Great,another problem.   

 

"that soon? But its Saturday already. Plus its not that easy to find a good place with a small rent like this."  unwantedly the tone of my voice got a little higher.  

 

  "I'm sorry Myungsoo-a, it can't be helped." I heard a small sob coming from ahjumma making me guilty in an instant.  

 

  I sighed. "I understand ahjumma,sorry if i raised my voice. It must be also hard for you to let this go." I patted her shoulders.   

 

"I"ll be going then Myungsoo.Thanks for understanding."   

 

  I entered my place,slamming straight at the sofa. What should i do? I will be homeless by tomorrow, finding a new place would not be easy plus the money I had to pay for it  that would cost a lot for sure.    

 

 

Aish!

 


The next day I came to work with a gloomy mood,I spent the night finding a good place  internet but there is none.  

 

This can't be! I should be looking for a new place by now.   

I quickly grab a newspaper   on our stand and  head straight to the employee lounge  so I can start searching.   

 

"$200 plus one month advance and deposit?!? one room? Huuh. This is consider a scam!"   

This won't do, next!   

 

$175?!?!  next!

   

$150?!?!?! next! 

 

$100?!?! next!

 

$100? This is it!   

  I quickly fished out my phone  on the pocket and dialed the number on the paper.   

 

"yeoboseyo?" 

 

"good evening mam, I was looking for a place and came across your ad at the newspaper. Can I come over and see the place tom?" I gently asked.   

 

"The place is already occupied" the line was cut after that. I started to lose hope, tomorrow will be the last day.

 

 

"Hey man! whatcha doin?" Sungyeol beamed happily at me.

 

He grab the stack of newspaper that was scattered on the table.  

 

  "why are you looking for a new place?!? did something happened?" he curiously asked.    "ahjumma sells the whole apartment. i need to evacuate by today."   

"that soon?!?" I nodded at my bestfriend question.

 

I'm in a deep right now, i can imagine myself  tonight sleeping at the subway i probably be homeless for days. 

 

 "you can stay at our house tonight dude. Daeyeol will sleep over at his friend house." Sungyeol kindly offered. His a savior!

 "really bro? thanks! i know i can count on you." i smiled widely and hug him a little. 

 

"if it weren't for my mom forcing daeyeol to live with me I'll let you have his room instead.I'll just help you find a new place tom."        


The next day  

Sungyeol and I started the search early, there was a lot of good apartment's available but the prize was quite worthy, of course I couldn't afford that.     

 

"I think we should call it a day." i concluded, swiping the sweat that was resting on my forehead. We are now on the convinience store taking a small break from the exhausting search we made all day.   

Sungyeol was sitting on a chair,sipping  a cold drink. "If you say so men. But Daeyeol is coming back tonight i don't think we would fit in my crib."     

 

"did you asked Dongwoo hyung if you can stay at their house?" he asked after sipping another round of drink.   

"i already did. He wanted to take me in,i said no." Dongwoo hyung is currently living with his parents, it's not that i don't want living with them.Their family was so kind i din't want to abused it.  

 

  "Hey men, consider your problem solved." Sungyeol tore a piece of paper on a nearby light post, he proudly shoved it to my face.   

 

" what the hell dude." i took away the paper that was covering my face. Aish! This choding really!    

 

" ooooppps!!! don't throw it! read it first will yah?"     "fine." i straighten up the crumpled paper and indeed it was the answer to my problem.