Rainy Days

I Hate You, Enemy. Not.

After they got home, she went upstairs to her room and got ready for work. She didn’t bother to say a word to him.

 

Neither did he.

 

Jimin watched as she shut her door. He didn’t want to bother her so he didn’t say anything. He just made his way upstairs and changed into some basketball shorts, white muscle tank and hat before going back downstairs and into the kitchen to make himself something to eat.

 

He made himself a sandwich and heard Miyeon coming down the stairs. He knew that if he didn’t say anything, she wouldn’t bother to either but put on her shoes and leave without a word. So not wanting to make things worse he called out, “Are you hungry? I’m making sandwiches right now.”

 

“Sure. Why not,” he heard her from the way in the kitchen and he looked up at her with a small smile.

 

He watched as she opened up the fridge and grabbed a juice box. Before she turned, he looked away as he didn’t want her to say anything. He slapped some mayonnaise on both of her bread and she went back to the living room. He just sighed and quickly added a slice of cheese and ham with lettuce and tomato on top before cutting in half and placing it on a plate.


 

Miyeon watched as he placed two plates down on the table in front of her and she the tv. “Thanks,” she plainly said and grabbed a slice and started munching on it.

 

“No problem,” he shrugged and sat down on the other side of the couch keeping space between himself and her.

 

Her eyes were glued on the screen of the television but not for long as Jimin had started the conversation first, preventing any silences.

 

He hadn’t touched his sandwich and she was almost onto her second slice. He was hungry but didn’t bother to eat. At least not yet.

 

“What’s with you and V the last two days?” He asked although he was unsure about his timing about them.

 

Miyeon shrugged only, her attention was still on the screen trying her best to avoid making contact with him. “What do you mean? We’re just..Friends..”

 

Jimin rolled his eyes, “Can you stop pretending? This is the news channel,” he said and she shrugged again. “I like watching news. It gets interesting at times,” she lied and he knew she was.

 

“Sure.”

 

She huffed. “Shut up, .”

 

He laughed and she finally turned to him. “What?”

 

The boy stopped and he got on his serious face expression on before starting his talking again. “Are you and him dating?”

 

Miyeon scoffed at him.

 

How ridiculous.

 

“Are you trying to be funny right now? Because you’re not. If I’m dating Taehyung, then what about you and Nara? What’s with the two of you? I’ve been seeing you guys together lately. It can’t be a coincident, right?” She shot back with her anger boiling in her. She had been trying to keep it in for the longest now but she just couldn’t with this kind of conversation.

 

He just stared at her, shocked with her words and he could see that she was angry. He didn’t mean to make her upset. He was just curious and wanted to know. But then his mind was too focused on her words, ‘you and Nara.’

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. We’re just friends,” he said and she laughed in a mocking way that it made him a little upset.

 

“Please, Jimin. Friends my . I’m not stupid. I saw you two a couple nights ago and she kissed you. That doesn’t seem friendly,” she said and at that moment she wanted to slap herself. She had just literally gave herself up.

 

She was jealous.

 

And she wondered if it was obvious.

 

She hoped it wasn’t.


 

The BTS members were at their hangout place again and they all had their attention on V. He was the only person who had been around Miyeon for the longest now and they were curious what they both had been up to.

 

“Stop staring. I’m not giving anything away,” the blonde boy said nonchalantly and the youngest scoffed. “Hyung. C’mon~”

 

He was whining and Suga crossed his arms. “Tell us. We’re your friends. We can keep it a secret.”

 

Rap Monster agreed. “Yeah. Are you two dating or something?”

 

“Don’t be absurd,” Jin blurted out.

 

J-Hope laughed. “I doubt it. To me, it should be her and Jimin.”

 

Jungkook nodded. “Yeah. Nara Noona just got in the way of it happening,” he sadly said and J-Hope pouted.

 

V rolled his eyes at s and got up. “Just wait and see. There’s more to come,” he mumbled and his friends raised their brows.

 

“What’s with you? You’re making it seem like something scary is going to happen,” Suga said and he shrugged only.

 

“You never know,” he waved with his back turning to them. “I’m leaving.”


 

Jimin looked at her, trying to figure out why she had that kind of expression on. She had mixed feelings and it was visible on her face. He couldn’t figure it out.


 

She then sighed. “To be honest, I saw him and Nara together last night, okay. She kissed him on the cheek. I admit, I got jealous. So what if I am? What can I do, huh?” Her anger took over and she went on, “She likes him, he likes her. They love one another. Where do I fit in? I don’t want to go in between them, V! I can’t!” She exclaimed.


 

His eyes widened and pointed a finger at her. “Oh!”

 

The ‘O’ shape of his mouth was big that it made her raise a brow at him. “What’s the matter with you?”

 

Miyeon pushed his hand away from her face and grabbed her other slice of sandwich and shoved it in .

 

“You’re jealous, aren’t you?”

 

Her eyes widened and she almost choked on her food. She swallowed hard and turned to look at him with her wide eyes to see him smirking.

 

Jimin grinned at her, remembering her words to V that day when he had eavesdropped on their conversation that one day. He recalled her telling his friend that she had seen them together and that she was jealous. But the point he didn’t understand was when she told V, ‘Where do I fit in? I don’t want to go in between them. I can’t.’

 

She rolled her eyes at the boy in front of her who was smirking but it was soon wiped off when he showed her a more confused look. “What did you mean by that?”

 

She eyed him weirdly. “Are you okay? What do you mean?”

 

He shook his head trying not to go any further with their conversation. “Ani. Nothing,” he told her and she gave him an unsure look only.

 

“Creep.”

 

“Says the one who’s jealous.”

 

She gritted her teeth. “Jerk face.”

 

Miyeon sat her half eaten sandwich down on the plate and scrunched up her nose. “I just lost my appetite thanks to you,” she says and got up, dusting herself before walking past him.

 

Jimin reacted fast and quickly grabbed her wrist. “Where do you think you’re going?”

 

She looked at him and he was already looking at her.

 

She froze.


 

The group of boys were at the park hanging out just like every other group of friends. They weren’t playing around or anything though. Instead, they were just sitting on the grass under a tree for shade.

 

Their youngest member looked over to his sad friend who was still sulking and he was sitting further from the rest of them. “Hyung, it’s okay. We’re already enrolled.”

 

The friend frowned at the rest them. “I don’t know. I just feel bad..” He said and the rest of his friends came over to him and sat with him.

 

“Don’t worry. She’ll understand. Miyeon will too.”

 

It was his Leader.

 

“I don’t know..I just don’t want her to hate me.”

 

He shook his head and his quiet friend patted him on the back trying to soothe him. “Hyung, cheer up. At least she didn’t see you.”

 

“Yeah, yet,” he muttered and his whining friend pouted only. “Hyung, don’t beat yourself up. She’s strong.”

 

The boy sighed and looked up at the sky. It was blue and cloudy. He didn’t like how this day was looking. It seemed as if it was going to rain. “It feels like it’s going to rain today, don’t you guys think?”

 

He felt a small drip on his arm and he looked down at it.

 

Rain drop.

 

His frown deepened.

 

He hated rainy days.


 

Her heart was racing fast and she didn’t know how to react but stare at him. She wanted him to let go of her so bad. She didn’t like the feeling at all. She find it uncontrollable and intimidating.

 

“Wh-Where do you think?” She said and tried to free herself from his grip but it was too tight.

 

She saw him look at the window and she did the same as well. She could hear what he was hearing.

 

Rain.

 

He turned to her and gave her the widest grin he could mocking her. “I think not.”

 

Then she heard thunder.

 

She jumped and Jimin let go of her hand as he softened at the sight of her being scared. Today’s the day, he thought silently as he saw her eyes were closed tight.

 

Why did it have to rain today. I don’t want to be with him today. Not even the next day, she mentally told herself and sighed in silence.

 

“F-Fine.”

 

She mumbled to him and sat right back down in her seat. The other side of the couch to stay away from him as possible.

 

Jimin chuckled at her movement and shook his head. “Are you sure you wanna stay that far from me?” He challenged her with a smirk and she glared at him. “Of course. Why wouldn’t I? I don’t want your so-called girlfriend to feel any type of way towards me.”

 

He rolled his eyes as she stuck out her tongue at him. “Sure. Don’t expect me to be squishy,” he answered back and got up from the couch and headed towards the staircase.

 

BOOM!


 

Sohyun was looking out the window when she saw rain drops. It was sprinkling at first but now it was pouring in just a second of it coming down. The sky was cloudy and gray and she sighed to herself. Even she, herself, didn’t like rain.

 

She opened the window and gently, she put her hand out to catch the little drops of rain. “It’s raining. I wonder if she’s okay,” she said in a whisper but then shook her head, “No. She betrayed me. I’m sure she’ll be fine.”

 

The girl closed her window with a slam and quickly dried her hand with a towel before flopping on her bed and hugged her white pillow beside her. A tear came down her cheek and she gripped the pillow hard as she tried not to cry.

 

She couldn’t.

 

She sobbed in silence.


 

The boy was laying in his bed facing the ceiling of his room as he had went home and left his friends at the park a while ago. He was sure they were already at the dorm changing clothes and probably having fun without him. But his mind wasn’t on them right now. His head was with her, with the past that he had tried so hard to leave behind but couldn’t.

 

As he turned to look at his window, he could see the rain pouring down and he sighed. “It’s raining. I wonder if she’s okay..”

 

His voice was quiet and soft.

 

As he watched the rain flow, his heart was hurting inside of him. The thought of her sad face didn’t make it any better.


 

Just as he was about to take a step, he heard her let out a high pitched shriek. Wow, perfect timing, he told himself and gave himself a high-five.

 

Miyeon quickly covered and looked over at the boy. He had his eyes on her as well and she died of embarrassment.

 

“You okay there?” She heard him ask and she nodded. “Y-Yeah..”

 

He raised a brow. “You sure? I’m going to sleep,” he told her and she nodded again before giving him a grimace. “Yes, . Just go already.”

 

At her words, he gave her a mocking nod. “Arasso. If you say so. Goodni-”

 

A loud thunder was heard and he heard her yell. The next thing he knew, she was already beside him.

 

He smirked.

 

“I thought you said you were going to be fine,” he cooed at her and she mentally glared at him. “Shut up.”

 

He laughed when she jumped from the booms. Miyeon grabbed onto his arm and stayed close, scared and helpless as he just lightened at her.

 

“I hate you, Jimin.”

 

“I know. I wonder how many times you’ve told me.”


 

They both made their way upstairs and parted, but Miyeon didn’t want to leave just yet. She was too scared and fragile that she made him stay. He didn’t want to leave her like that anyway.

 

“Stay with m-me for a few. I-I’m scared..” she mumbled and opened her door as he walked to her and they both entered her room.

 

It was almost five o’clock to six when she looked at the time. So not wanting to sleep, she her desk lamp to keep her awake. She hated rainy days for the thunderings and lightenings and would usually go to sleep but she wasn’t going to with him in the room with her.

 

She sat on the bed and got comfortable under her covers before telling him to come over to her and let him sit.

 

“Don’t do anything stupid or I’ll seriously kill you,” she threatened him with a firm look and he scoffed at her. “And you’re the one who’s scared.”

 

“Shut up.”

 

“Whatever. I’m only staying with you until the rain stops anyway. Call your workplace too so you won’t get fired,” he told her and she eyed him suspiciously.

 

“Since when do you care?”

 

No response.

 

She regretted that and quietly pulled out her phone and dialed Jong Up’s number. The dial went to voicemail so after leaving a message she hung up and put it away on her desk beside her bed. Miyeon turned to look at him and he was just sitting there, staring at the window. She wondered what he was thinking.


 

Jimin looked away from the window and turned his head back to her. She was staring at him and she blinked. “Gwenchana?”

 

He smiled at her question and nodded. He was just staring at the window. Nothing special about it. He just didn’t like the rain, that’s all.

 

“Hm. I just don’t like rain. I hate getting wet,” he told her and she nodded hugging her pillow close to her chest. “Me, too.”

 

When he heard the thunder he got closer to her. He didn’t like the sight of her being scared. “It’s okay. I’m here.”

 

She peeked through her pillow and patted the empty spot beside her. She was already against the wall. “Lay here. And stay close, ara?” She softly said and he nodded before doing what he was told to do.

 

“Are you sure you want me to lay with you on the same bed? You do know what ca-”

 

He was cut off with her palm smacking him on the arm and her glare. “I’m scared so I’m just letting you comfort me.”

 

Jimin rolled his eyes at her. “Right..”


“Shut up.”