Secret

I Hate You, Enemy. Not.

 

 

Even though it was a school day, Miyeon skipped. It wasn’t that she didn’t want to go but wanted a day off to herself. She wanted to think everything through and be thorough with.

 

She was just sitting at the park, clearing her head when someone interrupted her thoughts.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

It was Daehyun’s voice and it stirred her inside.

 

She smiled at him.

 

“Daehyun.”

 

He grinned back at her.

 

“Skipping school again, huh?”

 

She chuckled at his remark and shook her head.

 

“Nope. Just trying to clear my head.”

 

He nodded.

 

“I see. Let me guess, Jimin?”

 

Her eyes widened and he frowned inside but smile anyways.

 

“Got you there. So, it is him. What did he do this time?” he asked her and she avoided his eyes.

 

“Nothing..It’s complicated..”

 

Daehyun gave her a nod again and then grabbed her hand, pulling her up to him.

“If that’s the case, then let’s have some fun today. How about that?”

 

She looked at him with big eyes and he pinched her cheeks.

 

“Don’t look at me like that.”

 

Miyeon looked away and bowed.

 

“Mian.”

 

Without a word, Daehyun just dragged her and said, “Let’s go to the arcade.”


 

“Did Noona come to school today?”

 

The youngest asked and Jimin shook his head.

 

“She said something about not feeling good,” he said and V raised a brow.

 

“Really?”

 

Jimin nodded and went inside the classroom before the bell ring as the two younger ones followed him from behind.


 

L.Joe looked at Sohyun and she was standing in front of him. Her eyes were big from shock and he wanted to throw himself at her for being cute. He was on his way to class when she had bumped into him.

 

“Sohyun-ah..”

 

He called her name but when she came to her senses, she stepped back and got out of his way.

 

“I have nothing to say to you,” she coldly brushed past him and he turned to stop her.

 

“But I do. Can we talk?”

 

Sohyun snatched her arm away from him and just kept walking, ignoring him calling her name.

 

He cursed under his breath and watched as she walked.


 

Daehyun looked at Miyeon as she stared down at the menu. He had brought her to a restaurant so they could eat from all the playing and running around they had did. He saw that she was thinking hard of what she wanted to eat.

 

“Hard to choose?”

 

She nodded and pouted as he chuckled.

 

Just then a familiar voice called and it was Eunhae. She had walked up to their table with Jongup beside her.

 

He smiled and waved at them.

 

“Hey.”

 

Jongup waved in return as Eunhae sat beside Daehyun.

 

“Oppa! Unnie!”

 

Miyeon smiled and greeted them as Jongup sat down with her.

 

“Hey, Yeon. Sorry. Eunhae wanted to join,” he said and Miyeon laughed shaking her head.

 

“It’s okay, right Daehyun?”

 

She was smiling, looking at him and he forced a smile.

 

“Hm. We needed company anyway.”

 

Eunhae cheered and clapped her hands together.

 

“Great! So, what should we order?”

 

Jimin sighed as he boredly listened to the teacher explaining about an upcoming project. He had his head laying on his arm, looking sideways up front. Suddenly he felt something hit him from behind and looked down to see a note. He turned around and saw V grinning at him from ear to ear.

 

Read it,’ he mouthed and Jimin raised a brow before doing as told.

 

The note read: Doing okay?

 

He scoffed and quickly scribbled on the paper before throwing it back. Not too long after he passed the note, it came back to him.

 

I have a secret. Promise you won’t say a word?

 

The boy turned around to look at his friend, who was now shrugging at the note and he mouthed, ‘I don’t care,’ before turning to face the front.

 

V then quickly wrote another note and passed it to Jimin. He snickered quietly to himself, satisfied with what he had just told his friend.

 

“Never say never.”


 

After running around and going places, Miyeon finally decided to go home for the day. It was getting late and she wasn’t going to go home when it gets dark out. The last time she did, she was being stalked.

 

They were walking out of the third food restaurant of the day when she told them she was leaving. It was going on 5 o’clock now and the sun was getting ready to set.

 

“I’ll take you home. It’s getting dark and dangerous,” Daehyun said, grabbing onto Miyeon’s hand as she was turning to leave and Eunhae bit her lip at the sight.

 

The girl turned to look at Jongup and Eunhae with a smile and bowed.

 

“It was nice hanging out with you guys as well. See you at work?”

 

Jongup nodded with a small wave.

 

“You know it.”

 

Eunhae gave her a hug and pouted.

“Unnie, be careful on your way back.”

 

Miyeon chuckled at her and nodded her head and turned to Daehyun. He had a frown on his face and she gave him a hug.

 

“Thank you, for today. I owe you one,” she whispers and his eyes widened, taken aback at her action.

 

Jongup turned to Eunhae and she was gripping her skirt tightly. He squeezed her arm and she looked over at him, calming down.

 

All he could do was gave her an assuring smile and she smiled back, thanking him. He was always there for her.

 

Daehyun’s hands stayed by his side as he thought to himself. Miyeon isn’t his, and she was going to be with someone soon enough. As much as he wanted her, he can’t.

 

So when Miyeon gave him her sweetest smile, he forced one in return and watched as she waved at them and disappearing farther away from them - From him.


 

Jimin opened the door and both V and Jungkook stepped in. He told them they could come over so they could talk but then now he wasn’t sure anymore.

 

“You know what. You guys go back. I don’t want to talk today,” he said as he shooed them both outside.

 

Jungkook scoffed and V just smirked at him.

 

“Seriously, Jimin Hyung?”

 

The youngest pouted and Jimin nodded, blocking the entrance with his arms out and V crossed his arms.

 

“Don’t say a word. I wasn’t supposed to tell you.”

 

He rolled his eyes but nodded anyways and shut the door on them before going upstairs.

 

“You’re dead if you say a word!”

 

V’s voice shouted, muffled and Jimin shut his bedroom door before he flopped on his bed with an irritable sigh.


 

When Miyeon got home, she went straight to the kitchen and opened up the cabinet. For the whole day she had been having a headache and it still hasn’t subsided yet. She took a Tylenol and iBuprofen together and gulped down a glass of water before wiping with the back of her hand.

 

“Not feeling well?” A voice said and she turned around to see Jimin by the entrance and gave him a nod.

 

“Just a headache. Nothing serious,” she smiled weakly and for a second she thought he had on a worried look.

 

Jimin hummed in response and made his way to the fridge to look for something to eat.

 

“I ate before I came home. Did you want me to make you something? Takeout?” she suggested and he looked up at her for a brief second and closing the refrigerator door.

 

“Sure. You’re paying, right?”

 

Miyeon nod and he did too before going to the living room to watch t.v.

 

When he sat down, he couldn’t stop thinking about the note V had passed to him during class. If it was a secret that she had told him, did that mean V was telling the truth?


 

She’s hurting. Don’t wait too long.


 

Jimin crumbled up the paper after reading it and then V sat beside him as Jungkook snatched the paper out of his hand and read it.

 

“If you want her, get her. Don’t waste your time on Nara Noona,” V said and Jimin could see the seriousness on his friend’s face.

 

Jungkook then handed back the note and added, “We all know. You were just..I don’t know how to say it but, slow, I guess..? Yeah, you were just slow.”

 

The Maknae laughed lightly and V high-fived him on agreeing with the comment.

 

“Whatever,” he mumbled and grabbed the paper and stuffing it in his pocket before setting his head on his desk in deep thoughts.


 

The boy scoffed to himself at the memory from earlier and began flipping through the channels, thinking about it. It was his choice and who it was going to be.

 

“What kind of secret is that anyway.”