Love Quadrangle

Soo Min Ah : Luhan's Assistant

 

A/N : To answer your comments, yes I hate Yeol ra too! I hate even typing her name :/

And, Mina is always crying because she's a crybaby :D

To the new readers and subscribers, thank you!

Like always, your comment is love. :) Enjoy reading!

 

CHAPTER 12 : Love Quadrangle

 


LUHAN’S POV

I looked closely at Mina, waiting for her to say something, anything, but she didn’t. Instead the moonlight hit her face, making it more visible. Her eyes were swollen, and her cheeks were tinged with a hot color of red. For the first time I noticed how ordinary she looked… how plain. She didn’t have any make up on, not even an earring - nothing. She’s that type of girl that if you put in a crowd, won’t really stand out. But today, for some odd reason, the color of her dress accentuated her eyes that scrunched a little from the blinding lights. Her long hair was let down, some of it hovering on her face. For a quick - really quick moment, she almost seemed… just a little bit, beautif-

“Can’t you leave me alone for now?” She asked softly, trying her best to sound normal.

I wanted to explain so much. I wanted to tell her that I asked her to apologize because there was no other way to get Yeol ra off her back. I wanted to command her to stop crying. But of course, no such words came out. Instead, I kept silent and handed out my handkerchief to her.

“I’m fine.” She pushed my hand away.

“Use it.”

“I don’t want to.”

“Why?”

“If I use it, You won’t be able to use it anymore.”

“Do you really think now is the time to be worrying about me?” I asked in disbelief.

She kept silent, and not having any comeback to retort me with, she took the handkerchief.

“I- I…” she stifled a sob, “I’m having a really hard time.”  She confessed, almost making it seem like she was just talking to a friend.

 

“Let’s go back inside.” I insisted, pretending that I didn’t hear a word she had said.

I turned my back and headed to the exit but before I could take a single step, she pulled the hem of my shirt. I think it has become a habit of hers. A part of me wanted to tell her to stop touching me but as I was about to do so, I felt her forehead rest gently on my back, putting her entire weight on me. I shuddered by the unexpected contact, confused about why she was doing that and why I never seem to figure out what’s going on in her head. Slowly, I felt her tears drench my shirt, making me feel guilty like hell.

“I didn’t ruin Yeol ra’s blouse on purpose.” She said with a sob. She gripped my shirt tightly, like it was her only support.

After a while, I faced her not knowing what my next action will be, and when I did, she met my gaze with hopeful eyes. Maybe she was expecting me to say something like I believe you or I trust you, but my mind was a complete blank. I did not know what to say to comfort her, and in all honesty, I didn’t even know if I should comfort her in the first place.

But then, the image of her and Woo Jin appeared in my mind, they were hugging, they were holding hands - it spread through my brain like a cancerous tumor. And the guilt and concern I had felt for Mina was instantly overpowered with pride and self-importance.

“Don’t act like we know each other well.” I said harshly, and left without a word.

 


MINA’S POV

I was in the impression that me and Luhan had at least gotten close enough. I worked for him for almost a month, seeing him everyday, making sure he had everything he needed. But apparently, I was the only one thinking that, apparently we were the same strangers who had met a month ago, nothing has changed.

When he had left the rooftop, I had no choice but to go home. I did not want to see Yeol ra or Luhan and worsen what I was feeling. It actually doesn’t even surprise me anymore, most of the time I work with Luhan, I’m either humiliated or saddened.

The next day though was worse than any other. When I got to EXO’s dormitory, Yeol ra was with them, eating breakfast like nothing happened last night. Good thing though, Luhan was still asleep.

“Mina unni!” Yeol ra irritatingly called out, her voice warm and friendly, “I’m so sorry about last night. It was just a misunderstanding.”

Misunderstanding? Mis-un-der-stan-ding? I wanted to scream at her, but she had the perfect tactic. Since EXO was watching, I couldn’t possibly act like a crazy woman. I had no choice but to keep silent and secretly plan my revenge.

“You forgive me right?” she grabbed my hand tightly, pleading.

“Of course she will!” Tao answered, “Mina’s nice Yeol ra, I’m sure you two will get along.”

Not in a thousand years, I thought.

“Grab a plate Mina, Luhan’s still sleeping.” Lay motioned me to sit beside him.

As soon as I sat, Yeol ra rolled her eyes at me. I was hoping that someone saw it, but sadly everybody was busy eating. I knew it right away, Yeol ra was a bully, like a rip-off from Mean Girls, a master manipulator who always get what she wants.

“We were looking for you after the concert,” Kris told me.

“I’m sorry I wasn’t feeling well.”

“Aw, that’s too bad, we went to a club.” Xiumin pouted, making me smile.

“Aw yeah, you should’ve been there.” Yeol ra interrupted, “We really had fun.” She added, emphasizing the word ‘we,’ my blood boiled while I contemplated on a good comeback.

But then Lay said, “Mina had gone to a club with us before too, in fact we have had more fun with her than we can count.” Everyone of EXO nodded in agreement, and I smiled to each of them, reminded of the times we had.

Yeol ra’s face turned red in anger, while I glorified in the stage of triumph. But tout de suite, her face lightened up like she had seen an angel. I looked at where she was staring at, and realized Luhan had come out of his room. Yeol ra immediately put a sickening smile on her face, pulled an empty seat right beside her and said, “Luhan, you can sit right here.”

Luhan glanced my way before finally settling down on the seat beside Yeol ra. At that moment, my mere annoyance at Yeol ra became deep-seated dislike.

“Luhan, I came here to pick you up, we have a photo shoot together today, right?” Yeol ra’s high cheerful voice said.

I did not know anything about a photo shoot, in fact nothing was on Luhan’s schedule today.

“That’s not on Luhan’s schedule.” I said blandly.

“Oh unni, don’t worry, we just planned it last night since my supposed to be partner couldn’t make it.” Yeol ra displayed a victorious look.

“Okay, so what time are we leaving?” I asked, directing my attention to Luhan.

“You don’t have to go.”

“No it’s fine, I’ll make sure to-“

“Leave after eating.” He said coldly, leaving me speechless.

“That’s great now Mina can come with us.” Xiumin said.

“Right! We’re going to a resort!” Chen exclaimed.

“I think I’ll pass.”

“Come with, it’d be fun.” Kris insisted.

I looked over at Luhan and he wasn’t paying attention to our conversation, instead he chatted with Yeol ra who blushed too much, it almost looked like she had sunburn.

“Alright, I’ll come with.” I told EXO, avoiding the sight of Luhan and Yeol ra.

 

 

I never thought that a private resort actually existed in Seoul, but apparently it was owned by a family friend of Chen’s who had left for abroad. The caretaker greeted us at the gate with a warm smile, and toured us inside the gigantic place. Just right after the gate is a small staircase that led you to the modern-type house, and beside it, a swimming pool. It was breathtakingly beautiful.

Everyone immediately changed into their swimming attire and jumped right onto the pool. I, though tempted to do too, decided to prepare food for them first. I grilled the beef we had bought from the grocery and put all the bottles of beer in the cooler. I didn’t even realize that the other assistants had arrived until Woo Jin surprise me from behind.

“You came?” I smiled, it felt good that at least I was surrounded by people I could call friends.

He nodded, “I heard what happened with Yeol ra last night, you okay?”

“Yeah, I don’t really want to talk ‘bout it.” I continued preparing our food.

“If she does anything mean to you again, you know you can-“

“Call you?” I laughed, “I know.”

In a span of five hours, EXO had eaten almost everything we bought, thrown me into the pool, played with a beach ball, joked, laughed, chatted. And time flew by really fast, but even when night came, no one seemed to want to go home. Truth is, everyone was stressed out with the concert and all, and this was exactly what we needed. Chen suggested that we should all sleep there since there were many rooms available anyway, and we could just head back the following morning. But I told them I won’t since I still had some stuff to do, Woo Jin volunteered to bring me back home. When everyone had gone to their rooms around midnight, me and Woo Jin stayed by the pool side, our feet dipped on the water.

“I had a great time today.” I said, playing with the water.

“Me too.”

“By the way, I wanted to thank you for comforting me at the concert last night… I’m really lucky to have met a friend like you.” I said.

Confusion crossed his face, and it seemed like he wanted to say something but couldn’t.

“Are you okay?” I asked, placing my hand on his shoulder.

He looked at me intensely, “Let’s stop being friends.”

I turned my complete attention to him, holding my breath.

“I - I,” Woo jin stuttered, “I like you.”

The words echoed in my mind louder and louder. I wondered in disbelief why he liked me, and why I didn’t notice anything. I gazed at him, and he was staring at me, waiting for me to say something. I saw in his eyes exactly what he meant, but I couldn’t… I just never thought of him that way. I was flustered and speechless, worried what this would do to our friendship.

I tried to fake a laugh, “Stop joking around.”

Don’t say it. Don’t confess. Please don’t.

“I like you Mina. I don’t know how else to say it. I just,” He closed his eyes in frustration, “I want you to be my girlfriend.”

 

 

LUHAN’S POV

I was fatigued from the photo shoot, mostly because of Yeol ra’s non-stop blabbing, asking about mundane things like what I ate the past week, what I did during week-end, etc. My mind was barely focused on the shoot though, I kept thinking about Mina’s disappointed face when I told her she didn’t have to come with me. But like always, she didn’t get that I did that to stop making things difficult for her and Yeol ra, and more importantly for her and me.

Kris texted me to head to the private resort as soon as I was done with the shoot. I was excited about it since I wanted so bad to have a good swim, and take some time to think about things. When I arrived though, I realized that I was such an unlucky person, always at the wrong place, at the wrong time.

“I like you Mina. I don’t know how else to say it. I just,” Woo Jin said, “I want you to be my girlfriend.”

I did not know what got into me, but like a possessed madman, I approached them both clenching my fists and gritting my teeth, compressing all the anger and contempt burning in me into one single swift - I kicked Woo Jin’s back forcefully, making him fall right onto the pool.

 

 

 

Photo Source : http://www.nidahspa.com/stunning-mansions-with-pools-which-can-produce-relaxing-atmosphere/