Wait, I'm FIRED?

Soo Min Ah : Luhan's Assistant

A/N : Credits to The Labyrinth Of KPOP for the poster. Thank you Wierd_KpopFan for designing it ! :D

Credits to Juliatu from deviantart for the Luhan Sketch

and to Purpurrpurrr for the Soo Min Ah Sketch (Sketch for letter)

 

 

CHAPTER 1 : Wait, I'm FIRED?

 

 

I was finally there.

I was finally in front of Luhan.

I have probably replayed this scene in my mind a million times, wondering what I should say, wondering how I should even stand. Should I smile? Or act like I couldn’t care less? Each time, each scene was imperfect. And yet, right now, it feels like I forget what the word imperfect even means.

 

“Hello,” Luhan said.

 

Now I know what you had me at hello meant. How could one hello sound so immaculate? Before I could overanalyze his simple hello, Mr. Kim nudged me. Right, wake up and say something back Mina!

 

“Hi-ii” I stuttered. I can’t even freaking say a one-syllable word.

 

“So Luhan, Mina here will be your new assistant.” Mr. Kim explained. “Be sure to check in with him from time to time.” he instructed me before leaving. I nodded though the whole time I’ve been intensely staring at Luhan, my mouth was probably even hanging open.

 

“Get me water?” Luhan said as soon as Mr. Kim left.

 

My once clouded senses suddenly became an adrenaline rush. And I ran to the water dispenser berserk, took a glass, and went back to him in a split second.

 

“Here’s your –”

“I don’t drink that.” I could’ve sworn his tone was a bit stuck-up. I waited for him to say something else, but he continued staring at me.

“You don’t drink this?” I asked because I would honestly need more than his disapproval.

“That’s what I just said.”

 

I know Luhan… but can you please tell me what you do drink?

To my surprise, he took a step back and left me, alone with only a glass of water and curiosity as to what he does drink. First time Luhan asked for something, and I couldn’t even complete the task. What the hell Mina. I mentally punched my self.

My eyes searched for Luhan in the training room. But I couldn’t find him. There were a few people talking over by the stage. I figured they were probably assistants like me, but of the other EXO members. I went over to them and asked where Luhan was, but all I got was a stare, and a you are disturbing us look.

It was my first day in the job and yet things already felt stressful. But I will not be defeated. I went this far to see Luhan; I’m not going to back down. Not now when I’ve finally seen him.

I went outside in my desperate attempt to find Luhan. I felt like a rat in a maze. Eventually, I ended up in the lobby of the building and yet there was no sign of him. How big exactly is this building? I wondered. Note to self: Memorize the blueprint of SM entertainment building.

I went to the concierge and asked if they knew where Luhan was. I showed them my ID just in case they decided I was some crazy stalker.

 

“Luhan already left, ” the girl at the front desk said.

 

LUHAN ALREADY LEFT? I panicked and called a cab. But as soon as I rode the cab, I realized I didn’t even know where to go. Luhan didn’t even give me instructions, should I go to his dorm? Or should I just wait tomorrow? But it was 8 in the morning. People in the office haven’t even punched their time-in yet!

I saw the driver staring at my perplexed face. I decided to call Mr. Kim.

 

“Mr. Kim? It’s Mina. Luhan left and I don’t know what I’m supposed to do.” I pathetically said.

“Mina who?” Could this day get even worse?

“It’s uhm Soo Mina, Luhan’s assistant.”

“Oh, right! I’ll send you his address. Go there and if he tells you to go home, do so.”

 

Before I could even say yes, he added, “Also Mina-ssi, stop calling me.” Then he hung up.

After a few minutes, I found myself in front of a three-story house. Of course, i took my time and stared at my dream coming true. Now, even the house seemed surreal.

I rang the doorbell, ding-dong, my shoulders rose in surprise. God, define idiot. For some reason, my heart was beating fast as if I just ran a marathon. After a few seconds, the door opened. And I saw his face again; my insides twisted and turned in ways that weren’t even possible. I wondered, after a while, will it still be like this everytime I see Luhan?

 

“Who are you?” Luhan asked and my eyes widened in horror.

 

Am I seriously really that forgettable? I should probably start wearing an ID tag tomorrow that says, Soo Min Ah: EXO Luhan’s Assistant.

 

“I’m your assistant, Min-”

“Who told you to go here?”

“Who told me to – to go here?” I stuttered upon seeing his obviously irritated face.

“Is it a habit of yours to repeat what someone just said? Coz it’s seriously annoying.”

 

I swallowed. I was feeling everything from dejection to embarassment to hell I don't even know what. Annoying? Did I just hear that? I know I’m slow at times, but the Luhan I thought I knew couldn’t possibly be such a –

 

You’re fired.” He said with stone cold eyes. “Or do you want me to repeat that for you?”

 

– be such a douche.